Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Your favorite RPG and D&D party size:

3, 4, 5 or 6?

And why.

Love this question. In console RPG's I like larger parties with characters that each bring something to the table. FF7 and FF9 had just the right amount. You need more options than simply filling the active party member slots, so FFX-2 is a good example of a party being far too small. Don't like Paine? Too bad, you're stuck with her because there's only 3 playable characters. Chrono Cross is the other extreme. Recruiting 40+ people is very fun and adds to the replay value of the game, but who is seriously going to use every single one of these characters?

The perfect party lineup for a console RPG is a total of 9 on the team, with you being able to bring 4 into the active party slots. The team as a whole looks like this:

1. The Hero
Quintessential young swordsman male. He should be good at everything. Melee, ranged fighting, access to good armor, able to use most weapon types, and able to do some basic casting. While the hero does not have to be the best at everything, he should be above average if not top tier in all categories. He is, after all, the leader of this merry band of misfits who are meant to go on to save the world. ;) Dragon Quest generally does this with their "Heroes" perfectly, I just wish Dragon Quest "Heroes" would speak more.

2. The Healer
Absolutely crucial. Everyone needs healing. These characters often end up being attractive love interests for The Hero.

3. The Offensive Caster
These are important for fights against anything that is immune to non-magical abilities.

4. The Tank
This guy absorbs damage while your fighters attack and casters cast. FF's Dragoons are a good example of this, they generally have excellent armor selection while bringing cool stuff like Jump to the table.

5. The Buffer
Anyone who adds supportive statuses or bonus to your guys and also offering negative statuses/curses to place on opponents. I don't use these guys much, but the option should be there.

6. The Summoner
These outclass traditional wizard types in some games, but summoning is an awesome casting class. I like when Summoners are able to summon creatures that can attack opponents as well as ones that can buff or heal you, increasing the class type's usefulness.

7. The Rogue
This is where your thieves, ninjas, pirates, and agility/stealth based characters come into play. Someone has to set/disarm traps you may run into. FF has given their roguish types cool abilities like Throwing items at the enemy, or Mug which lets you steal while you attack.

8. The Ranged Attacker
Someone other than your hero and casters should also be skilled in ranged attacking. I like the bow & arrow proficient Ranger types, I don't use them much but they are a nice alternative in some games.

9. The Other Guy
This last spot can be filled with something random. Berserkers, Dancers, Blue Mages (they cast monster abilities for you non-FF gamers), Mascots, some type of multi-class combination of any of the above 8 types, Mechanics, Druids, you name it. Anything not covered by the other 8 spots can go here. This is where the developers can experiment adding something new to the mix while still filling the other spots if this guy ends up having been useless in that particular game.

Now, for D&D, the answer is quite different. You're not one person controlling a party of 4 to 12 people. Unless you and your DM have no life, but that's your call if you want to be the handler for an entire party :p Anyway, assuming each party member has a different handler, think of it as everyone sitting at a Wii or X-Box with their own controller. Everyone sitting in the room is playing the game. Too many handlers can hinder your progress and cause out-of-character arguments. You also need to change things up. Too many fighters gets boring and no one becomes attached to any of the party members aside from the one or two who are the best. Same goes for too many casters or too many rogues. Add some variety.

The best D&D party in my opinion is something like this:

1. The Melee Fighter
Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin, Warblade, etc. Every party MUST have some type of fighter. Otherwise your casters are in for a world of trouble if they cannot cast fast enough, same goes for the rogues if they are seen before they can strike. The melee fighters protect their friends while fighting from the front.

2. The Healer
Cleric, Paladin, Druid, etc. The single most important member of the party. If no one can heal, you WILL lose the game. Period. You need at least one of these.

3. The Caster
Wizard, Sorceror, Necromancer, Druid, etc. Later on in the game these guys become very powerful. Everyone mocks a low level caster, but everyone fears a high level caster.

4. The Rogue
Rogue, Ninja, Assassin, Swashbuckler, etc. Needed for disarming traps and sneaking around. If a rogue's stealth helps you find out an opponent's intentions before they launch their attack or before you fall for a trap, it can save a group.

5. Other
Meant for the more experienced players. Go crazy, play something that no one else in the party is or add another fighter type such as a Dragon Shaman if there is already a Paladin in the group, maybe a Dread Necromancer if there is already a Wizard. Monks are fun too.

On a scale of 1-10, how big of a crush does Theron have on Lexi?

With 10 being the highest, probably a 9. Theron thinks she's very pretty. There is only one other girl in WZCW history he'd have still spoken with after his girlfriend (who he does still love) had asked him not to.

Which class and race from D&D would you like to see in an RPG, and which RPG would you like to see them in?

What were your thoughts on some of the non-Final Fantasy PSOne (PSX) RPGs, such as:

Brave Fencer Musashi
SaGa Frontier (series)
Wild ARMS 2
Valkyrie Profile
Xenogears
Mana series

Have you ever played Contact on the DS? Or heard of it?

Thoughts on games like Odin Sphere?

Are there mechanics in RPGs you'd like to see in D&D and vice versa?

The game mechanic in RPGs/D&D that you absolutely love and absolutely hate?

☮ Spidey ✌;4981455 said:
Weirdest D&D enemy ever vanquished was __________.

An enemy that my D&D group has come to refer to as "Vortex Head". Our DM described him as having a body like Bowser with claws and a spiked shell but he had a vortex where the head was supposed to be. The DM never told us what specifically that thing was but we defeated him.

☮ Spidey ✌;4981455 said:
Weirdest D&D party member was a/an __________.

Kathar Bloodstone, a human Ranger who would sleep with anything regardless of gender or species. "Animal husbandry" jokes were common in that campaign amongst us as handlers due to Kathar's idiocy in-character. He at one point entered into a relationship with a fairy our DM described as similar to the fairies found in Zelda, that turned him into a woman (one with a high appearance stat oddly enough) and Kathar now known as Kathah while female ended up giving birth to a blue plaid fairy. Weirdest thing I have ever seen. The handler for Kathar/Kathah was kind of weird himself, constant comedic relief for us both in character and out of character. He no longer plays with us and Kathah/Kathar got NPC'ed by the DM in the following chapter of the campaign so no one would have to endure inheriting that character.

Which class and race from D&D would you like to see in an RPG, and which RPG would you like to see them in?

Genasi for the race. This is what Theron is in the D&D side of my RP story. They are half elemental coming in either Fire, Water, Air, or Earth. Theron is half elf and half fire elemental, to be specific. Generally you are supposed to be human for your humanoid half, but that's up to the DM. Anyway, I'd love to see them in an FF, Dragon Quest, or Dragon Age game. They'd have fit in perfectly in Chrono Cross too if the official race as it appears in D&D 3.5 existed, but it wasn't a thing back then.

Dragon Shaman or Dragonfire Adept for the class. They are draconic based fighters and draconic based caster types respectively using draconic abilities like breaths or auras. Dragon Quest is a must for them if we are talking console RPG's that would get them added as an in-game class option. In FF they could be an upgrade or alternate route to take the Dragoon class.

What were your thoughts on some of the non-Final Fantasy PSOne (PSX) RPGs, such as:

Brave Fencer Musashi

I have not played Brave Fencer Musashi. I've heard the name before and remember seeing it at the local game shop at the mall a few times back during the PSX and PS2 era, never got around to trying it though. I played nearly every PSX RPG, so that's one of the few I missed.

SaGa Frontier (series)

Saga the only ones I played were the original titles in the series, I'm talking way back on the game boy, the titles that got mistranslated as Final Fantasy Legend. I LOVED FFL2 in particular. Underrated game and insanely tough. FFL1 had its moments too.

Wild ARMS 2

Wild Arms I played the first three titles. 1 and 2 are excellent. I never finished 3.

Valkyrie Profile

Valkyrie Profile I tried it but could not get into it. Depressing death backstories and frustrating temples. Really great battle theme though. The developers made Star Ocean 2, which I liked a whole lot more. Dias Flac from that game is the true namesake of my screenname.

Xenogears

Xenogears despite the rushed finish of disc 2 was brilliant. I could talk all day about that game. Krelian is one of the best villains of that console era.

Mana series

Mana the only one I ever finished was Secret of Mana. That is another I could talk about all day. Other than FF4, FF6, and Paladin's Quest it was my most played SNES RPG. That game was WAY ahead of its time!

Ask me anything about the titles I've just put over here. Seriously. Oldschool RPG's are my expertise, it's like asking KB about wrestling. :)

Have you ever played Contact on the DS? Or heard of it?

Nope. Unfamiliar with that one. What's it about?

Thoughts on games like Odin Sphere?

Not familiar with this one either. What's it like?

Are there mechanics in RPGs you'd like to see in D&D and vice versa?

Mechanics in RPGs I'd like to see in D&D.... Save Points would be nice. Lost a character or have your whole party wiped out? Reset and load gamefile! Playing the old fashioned way in D&D makes you more protective of your character so both console and dice/imagination have their pro's and cons as platforms.

Not much comes to mind for D&D mechanics I'd want to see on console. Most are already present, especially in Dragon Age. Maybe seeing the D&D alignment chart (3rd or 5th edition) being not only present in console games but playing a bigger role in character development/design. True good, true neutral, and true evil are only one third of the chart and it's mostly all I have noticed being present in the games I've played.

The game mechanic in RPGs/D&D that you absolutely love and absolutely hate?

Mechanic that I hate in D&D as well as on consoles.... Gathering components/ingredients for spell use or item creation. I detest those methods. I've never been a fan of monster taming or character generation either on console RPG's, it's easier to get attached to a character that the game developers specifically designed for you to play as. Even in D&D it is tough to create a new character. I struggle with coming up with new backstory or personality ideas that after 12 years of playing I haven't really done before. That's more of an issue to me with console games though. In D&D the only alternative is the DM assigning you one of his/her NPC's or someone he/she generated and in most cases like that you could be stuck with someone you suck at or dislike emulating. The more time you spend with working up a character concept and writing their backstory, the more fun you have playing them. In D&D it's a big part of the game, on console games it's a huge waste of time to me.

Mechanic from D&D that I love is how various stats help determine your skill ranks. For example, a higher charisma stat make you better at rolling a Diplomacy check, high enough stats and rolls make you able to manipulate the conversation. Or make a fool of yourself if you roll low. The console counterpart to this is you either accomplish or not depending on how that scene of dialogue is programmed. D&D did it better. Dragon Age came close to capturing this mechanic on console, I've never seen another RPG succeed at adding it into its programming. It doesn't translate as well in console form it seems.

Console mechanic I love is the ability to save game files. While something gamers expect it in some form for every game today, it is a game mechanic that we take for granted. In D&D if you roll low enough, too bad. If you die, you die. If you fail the quest, you failed. I have never had a DM that let you re-do a quest or fight.

Classify each member of the current roster as their D&D alignment (don't need a "why" unless you want to).

If they've been different alignments, maybe share which one you liked them best as? If they have only been one alignment, maybe share which alignment you could see them as?

Classify each member of the current roster as their D&D alignment

Arranged from the most honorable alignment to the most evil alignment. As an added bonus I tried to go from left to right, ranking everyone within the alignments. What that basically means is that if you eliminated the breakdown of alignment types and asked me to rank everyone from most evil to least evil, this list would look the same from top to bottom. Ty is the most evil character in the fed. I ranked the evil half downward and the good half upward.

Lawful Good
El Califa
Kagura Ohzora
elegANT

Chaotic Good
Haven
Theron Daggershield
Lexi Hayes
Daddy Mack
Aubrey Sloan

Neutral Good
Jonathan Hyada
Matt Tastic
Mikey Stormrage
S.H.I.T.
Bruce Irwin
M
Chris KO

True Neutral
Derek Jacobs
Mick Overlast

Neutral Evil
Vijay Chauhan
Dorian Slaughter
Flex Mussel
Eve Taylor

Lawful Evil
Fallout
Constantine
The Beard
Showtime
Steven Holmes

Chaotic Evil
Ramparte
Mister Alhazred
Blade
Ty Burna

DISCLAIMER: This is all purely from what I have observed from reading RP's and shows (or in the application in the case of the two new dudes), so if anyone feels I incorrectly placed your character then by all means jump in and let's talk about it. I'd love to get into a discussion on stuff like this! :)

Why am I Neutral Good?

Have I always been that? If not, where did I start? Where could you see me going and still believe it?

Which episode(s) of The Chronicles of M is your favourite?

When are you gonna do that WZ D&D thing you said you were gonna do aaaaages ago? (I don't even want to join in on it I just think it would be a fun thing to read)

Is there anything that you would like to ask me?

Why am I Neutral Good?

Have I always been that? If not, where did I start? Where could you see me going and still believe it?

You're a good aligned character with a dark side and a dark past. Your darker part within you bumped you down toward to Neutral Good. It comes down to your face/heel status. We do not have tweeners, so everyone's face/heel status and their likelihood to remain with the law for their good/evil actions is what I determined it by. If you turn heel you would drop down into the evil half. If you overcome the dark Hyada you've mentioned from the past in RP's fully, you'll get bumped up.

I have a feeling Lexi got her rank because things tend to go wrong for her often.

Nope, as I said to DarksideEric I determined it by face VS heel and then going from RP's and shows how likely I saw you as being within the law in your good/evil actions. Losing only to the three most honor-bound characters and two superheroes in Theron and Haven, you ranked quite high as far as having the most good character.

Which episode(s) of The Chronicles of M is your favourite?

My favorite was "Terrific Teru". I've enjoyed all your RP's but the way you brought in Teru sticks out more to me than anything you've written so far.

When are you gonna do that WZ D&D thing you said you were gonna do aaaaages ago? (I don't even want to join in on it I just think it would be a fun thing to read)

The WZ D&D is on the shelf for now. A lot of unpredictable real life conflicts came up this summer. It's not on the shelf forever, but it may be a while. If/When my real life issue(s) calm(s) down, I might still try it.

Is there anything that you would like to ask me?

I have seen you posting a lot in the Anime thread. What are your thoughts on Sailor Moon? It is my favorite, and to this day still the only one that I ever really liked enough to watch more than a few episodes of.

What are your thoughts on the Merry Band Of Misfits, you mentioned in your feedback that they have more character than a number of roster members. Which ones are your favorites and which ones are your least favorites?

☮ Spidey ✌;4986223 said:
So no Chaotic Neutrals in the fed?

That's a shame.

Nope. The closest is Jacobs due to his being up for hire to attack anyone. Chaotic Neutral is the funnest alignment to play in D&D, and what Theron's namesake started off as (he's more Neutral Good now) but we have no true tweeners. I based it heavily off the face/heel spectrum. I did not feel right placing any heels as neutrally aligned. Jacobs and Overlast are really the only ones who made sense to rank there.

Reactions: M
I have seen you posting a lot in the Anime thread. What are your thoughts on Sailor Moon? It is my favorite, and to this day still the only one that I ever really liked enough to watch more than a few episodes of.

What are your thoughts on the Merry Band Of Misfits, you mentioned in your feedback that they have more character than a number of roster members. Which ones are your favorites and which ones are your least favorites?

I like Sailor Moon, I absolutely detest the voice acting on it though. In the English version it's just crap and in the Japanese version She's voiced by the most cringy voice in all of Japan. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to voice acting though :p

Sheshmish is probably my favourite - he could be an actual character in the fed and it would work.
Keifasar is pretty cool too.

Kirilah's probably my least favourite but it's a hard choice because they're all pretty good.

Also why 3 characters beginning with K?

Nope, as I said to DarksideEric I determined it by face VS heel and then going from RP's and shows how likely I saw you as being within the law in your good/evil actions. Losing only to the three most honor-bound characters and two superheroes in Theron and Haven, you ranked quite high as far as having the most good character.

Fair enough. I was expecting Lexi to be in the Lawful Good, mainly because I can't picture her ever even coming close to a heel turn. She's too damn nice.

You need a Bard. Not a question just an observation.

giphy.gif

I like Sailor Moon, I absolutely detest the voice acting on it though. In the English version it's just crap and in the Japanese version She's voiced by the most cringy voice in all of Japan. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to voice acting though :p

I like the voice-acting in the original better myself, I don't mind the subtitles. Having less cheesy voice-overs is worth having to read as I watch.

Sheshmish is probably my favourite - he could be an actual character in the fed and it would work.
Keifasar is pretty cool too.

Sheshmish I wouldn't see lasting more than a cycle or two by himself. He's a lot of fun to write, but the pirate shtick would only get him so far. Maybe in All Stars as a Plan B if I don't get to do my evil teacher character I had been planning to do since last year.

Kirilah's probably my least favourite but it's a hard choice because they're all pretty good.

Kirilah's the most important one so she won't be going anywhere anytime soon. She's supposed to be a medieval counterpart of the judgmental pretty church girl stereotype. Mystra is actually a Neutral aligned deity, but it's possible for a Paladin to be this devoted to her deity, thus Kirilah in this format works. If she's coming off a bit whiny at times, it's intended. She's one level higher than Theron but he has better stats than her. She wants what's best for him, so she tries to keep him focused on seeking their deity. Whenever she's not busy being abducted.

Also why 3 characters beginning with K?

Because Sheshmish and Davivel sound better then Keshmish and Kavivel. Also, who said there was only 3 characters starting with K? I'll leave it at that for now because spoilers. That's why. :p

In all seriousness, it was unintentional. Kirilah is named after Kyla, a Paladin of Mystra that I have played. Some of the group called her Kira accidentally, so I put Kira and Kyla together to make the name Kirilah. (Pronounced keer-ah-lah)

Fair enough. I was expecting Lexi to be in the Lawful Good, mainly because I can't picture her ever even coming close to a heel turn. She's too damn nice.

How much does she care about following the law when she does her good actions? Take the Avengers. Does she see herself more like Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor? Great examples of Lawful Good, Chaotic Good, and Neutral Good in that order. She's good, but I haven't seen her as the type that's 100% about honor. She might go with the law sometimes, and sometimes not, but would do what she feels is right for herself or a friend. So, I came up with Neutral Good for her from there.

☮ Spidey ✌;4986709 said:
You need a Bard. Not a question just an observation.

giphy.gif

I did have a Bard. In the flashback in my All Or Nothing RP there was a different party. Theron the Warblade, Feron the Chain Fighter (before he was a Dark Knight of Cyric), Mosquito the Rogue, Ba'Deep the Wizard, and Fabiola the Bard of Moonsea. This was the original lineup of the Merry Band Of Misfits back when Theron was a teenager. Moonsea, where Fabiola lives, is a Japanese inspired D&D region. Fabiola might or might not make an appearance this cycle.... As for her or another bard permanently joining.... I cannot speak of party lineup changes officially though for now because spoilers. :)

How much does she care about following the law when she does her good actions? Take the Avengers. Does she see herself more like Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor? Great examples of Lawful Good, Chaotic Good, and Neutral Good in that order. She's good, but I haven't seen her as the type that's 100% about honor. She might go with the law sometimes, and sometimes not, but would do what she feels is right for herself or a friend. So, I came up with Neutral Good for her from there.

If she didn't follow the law, it's probably because she's oblivious to breaking it.

I like the voice-acting in the original better myself, I don't mind the subtitles. Having less cheesy voice-overs is worth having to read as I watch.

Thank you, I have no idea why I could never put it into words. That is now what I'm gonna say to people when they ask my why I watch the Japanese versions of stuff, I just can't deal with the level of cheese in most English versions.

Oh and R, I could imagine Lexi as a heel pretty easily - condescending country girls are the worst human beings on Earth :p

Thank you, I have no idea why I could never put it into words. That is now what I'm gonna say to people when they ask my why I watch the Japanese versions of stuff, I just can't deal with the level of cheese in most English versions.

Oh and R, I could imagine Lexi as a heel pretty easily - condescending country girls are the worst human beings on Earth :p

Rank these Sailor Scouts from best to worst: Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Chibi Moon, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, Saturn.

Ech, if you're reading this I'd want to see your rankings of the Sailor Scouts also.

Also, yes real life heel country girls are awful. There are worse people in the world though, trust me.

If she didn't follow the law, it's probably because she's oblivious to breaking it.

Might want to jot that down for an RP idea.... She could slip up somehow but not know she did anything wrong. There's some character development there.

You may have to explain what makes this different than normal condescending girls to me sometime.

Rank these Sailor Scouts from best to worst: Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Chibi Moon, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, Saturn.

Also, yes real life heel country girls are awful. There are worse people in the world though, trust me.

Hmmm. I can't really rank them that well (maybe after I muster up the strength to get through her voice and get through Crystal I will :p ) so I'll go off how I remember it from the last time I watched the full old series which was about 2009-10.
I know I was a fan of Mars and Jupiter with Pluto, Moon and Neptune not far behind. Mercury annoyed me (orange is the colour of Mercury damn it) and chibi characters always rub me the wrong way. The others I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on. What are your rankings?

I know there may be worse people on the planet than heel country girls, but the combination of that accent with the tone of voice makes me want to rip faces off. Even writing that made me cringe a little since the mother from 19 kids and counting popped into my brain and I hate her beyond belief :p

I just saw an hour and a half of some people playing D&D and it looks really really fun to play if you get a good group around. But, how the hell do you manage to find the free time to play that for a good session with a full group??

I know I was a fan of Mars and Jupiter with Pluto, Moon and Neptune not far behind. Mercury annoyed me (orange is the colour of Mercury damn it) and chibi characters always rub me the wrong way. The others I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on. What are your rankings?

1. Sailor Venus
venusface.gif

2. Sailor Moon
moonface.gif

3. Sailor Jupiter
jupiterface.gif

4. Sailor Mars
marsface.gif

5. Sailor Neptune
neptuneface.gif

6. Sailor Pluto
plutoface.gif

7. Sailor Saturn
saturnface.gif

8. Sailor Mercury
mercuryface.gif

9. Sailor Uranus
uranusface.gif

10. Sailor Chibi Moon
chibimoonface.gif

The images are from Sailor Moon: Another Story, on the SNES although that game had little to do with the rankings. I did it based on how much I like their character on the show. Another Story is a good game, I still need to finish that one. I got pretty far but never beat it. I listened to its battle theme while ranking the scouts for added fun.

Any thoughts of ever incorporating anything similar to the Sailor Scouts in your RP's? I'd mark out for that.

I just saw an hour and a half of some people playing D&D and it looks really really fun to play if you get a good group around. But, how the hell do you manage to find the free time to play that for a good session with a full group??

It depends on how much spare time everyone has. We have 8 handlers total in the group currently, in the campaign the "real" Theron is from. On the weeks that all 8 can make it then we try to play that friday or saturday. Some weeks we do not get to play due to too many conflicts but on the weeks that one or two cannot make it then we try to play a different campaign that takes place as a prequel set in the same world with a different party. 6 of the 8 main handlers play that one, and there's two guest NPC's in the party that are given to anyone else who plays or are handled by the DM. We basically play every other week in the main campaign and try to play the prequel on the off weeks if the 6 who play that one can all make it. It will probably turn into rotating from the prequels to 5th edition on the off weeks with the main campaign that has all 8 handlers still taking priority, or something once 5th gets started. 5 of the 6 who play the prequels made 5th edition characters last night, the 6th will probably not be able to play. It's worked for 2 and a half years now in this particular group. That's the most we can do though and on some weeks we just don't get to play. Real life comes first. Work, moderating and RP'ing on here, church, and stuff at home keep me busy otherwise. You need some degree of spare time available in order to fully enjoy D&D, but it's a ton of fun.

My groups in college played more than once a week considering we all had a ton of spare time to allocate. None of those groups ever lasted past a semester or two though, for some reason despite the surplus of spare time that the handlers had, each group dissipated eventually whereas now this group of adults who juggle real life conflicts such as work/church/meetings/relationships/family/etc with D&D, has outlasted all of the groups I played with as a teenager and a college student despite playing so much less frequently. Might be a coincidence or it might not.

Speaking of coincidences.... Mad Mark Madden, your other character, all of the words in his name start with "M". Coincidence?

What was your favorite RP of mine, any particular reasons why? (Anybody else can answer this one also if they want!)

Speaking of coincidences.... Mad Mark Madden, your other character, all of the words in his name start with "M". Coincidence?

What was your favorite RP of mine, any particular reasons why? (Anybody else can answer this one also if they want!)

Of course it's not a coincidence :p in fact his name this time around is something I've been trying to come up with for quite some time now.

You know, I honestly can't think of a favourite RP at this time. I did take a bit of a break from reading anything that wasn't Red Skull (didn't even read the shows haha) for a while about a round or two after I joined so I have missed around 4 RPs of yours :( I'd say that since there's a big jump in quality from when I joined to the latest RP, there's probably one within the ones I missed that I'd love. Question for you: what is your favourite RP of yours?

Fun fact: About two months or so before Dr Zeus joined, I had pretty much the same character outline in my head as him, except everything was going to either be in the Green Eggs and Ham style of writing or other (preferably rhyming) poetic fashions, not just the speech parts. I was still gonna call him M and have the whole M affinity, but the rep was going to be the rep for Dastardly Doctor D (Okabe Rintarou). Knowing a little bit of the way I formulate my RPs, and a tiny teaser at the style in the Mad Mark Madden RP (not the best example of how I'd do it I know), how do you think it would have turned out if Haiku hadn't joined and I'd come in with that version of M?

Question for you: what is your favourite RP of yours?

My favorite RP that I have ever written has to be my Roulette round RP from this year. I had a ton of fun from beginning to end writing that thing. The FF7 inspired scenery at the high-tech arcade while Theron breaks the high score for expert mode on Snow Glider while Sheshmish fails to even beat the first level and Keifasar unleashes Necromancer spells on some moron in the audience who keeps trolling everyone playing the game, down to the Mindflayer making Theron draw from the deck of many things.... Loved it! With most RP's I end up needing to take breaks from getting worn out of doing that much writing and brainstorming, but not that one. I breezed right through it and had a blast.

2nd place goes to my RP against Showtime a few rounds back where you find out Theron is a forum moderator at the World Gladiatorial Combat Federation Network and he infracts Sheshmish, Theron still doesn't know that RumPirate64 is Sheshmish and Sheshmish still doesn't know that Theron is Dogger Deos. It hasn't been addressed again and probably won't, but it was a fun way to break the fourth wall. I wasn't sure if anyone knew what to expect when I asked what our WZCW counterpart was to the Four Horsemen, which I ended up going with the Acolytes of Crisis as a tribute to The Apostles of Chaos. Fun fact about that RP to add.... it started out as the worst RP I've ever written then a random idea I got a couple of hours before the thing was due, turned it into one that beat Showtime. Jam can vouch for this lol.... Gosh the original version of that thing was awful.

3rd favorite is my Lethal Lottery RP. That thing went through 3 revisions before I finally finished it. The first was the 7,000+ word long one that took my 3 PM's to send myself a copy of. The second and third were revisions I ended up hating, and finally the third revision is the one I posted in the end. The only part that changed between each revision is the prayer scene where Theron speaks with Mystra. That's only in the final version. That scene changed so many times and there were so many hours spent on that RP.... I was SO burnt out, good thing it was during a PPV round so I was able to get some rest from writing afterwards.

As for the others.... a few come to mind such as the one that took place on the boat when they go sailing to the Blixt Isle as Sheshmish loses bets to Aquatic Elves and we see The Beard's counterpart sneak onboard the ship. That one was fun, heck anything from my All Or Nothing cycle would be a good read if you missed them. Not much else comes to mind.

I can honestly say I like every RP that I have submitted other than the set from my first cycle which I am neutral towards (I was still getting the hang of things) and one round recently when I just wasn't motivated. The Theron & Vega VS Triple X and Diabolos round. I was going through some stuff in real life and just didn't feel motivated at all that round. I admit to being better than that RP. Triple X and Vega both no-showed, so it came down to me and Diabolos. Red Skull's was far superior, so he deserved that win.

Fun fact: About two months or so before Dr Zeus joined, I had pretty much the same character outline in my head as him, except everything was going to either be in the Green Eggs and Ham style of writing or other (preferably rhyming) poetic fashions, not just the speech parts. I was still gonna call him M and have the whole M affinity, but the rep was going to be the rep for Dastardly Doctor D (Okabe Rintarou). Knowing a little bit of the way I formulate my RPs, and a tiny teaser at the style in the Mad Mark Madden RP (not the best example of how I'd do it I know), how do you think it would have turned out if Haiku hadn't joined and I'd come in with that version of M?

I like this version of M better, but it might have been interesting to see a Green Edds and Ham styled promo from him. Maybe pay tribute to that sometime in your RP's, he could get put into some world or puzzle where he momentarily has to talk that way. Side note, I hope Haiku is alright and will be able to return after everything in real life gets sorted out. Zeus was awesome and Haiku himself was a cool dude.

Have I asked you what your favorite RP of mine was?

That's my question, if I hadn't already asked it.

If I have... uh...

Have you ever played the D&D side scrolling beat-em ups, Tower of Doom and Shadow of Mystera?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back