Daggers & Dragons: Ask me stuff

Can you suplex a train?

Theron could only do this by getting a natural 20 on a grapple check. Miraculous things happen when you get a perfect roll on a 20 sided dice. It would be tough otherwise given how heavy trains are. Keep in mind he's closer to Shawn Michaels in build. Kirilah would one shot kill the train though if we're talking FF6's Phantom Train since she has the Smite Evil ability.

Got a couple for you:

Which Zelda and Final Fantasy boss (mid, dungeon or final) would Theron most like to fight and least like to fight.

Which ones would you not want to face in a D&D campaign?

Man did I have to think hard on this one, awesome question.

Zelda boss Theron would want to face the most.... 4 headed Gleeok from Zelda 1. Theron loves adventure and defeating evil dragons, so this guy would be his choice hands down. Runner up is Twinrova. Elemental Beams, meet divine Tower Shield!

Zelda boss Theron would want to avoid.... That one was tougher. Probably Kholdstare from Link To the Past. Theron's not a fan of cold so he'd be miserable in that whole temple.

FF boss Theron would most want to face.... The Elemental Fiends Rematch from FF4. Theron likes a good fight, and to put his Merry Band of Misfits up against the 4 Elementals would be epic in his mind. Especially if all 4 fought at once rather than the gauntlet you had in the actual game. He'd still enjoy the gauntlet format though.

FF boss Theron would not want to fight.... Hyne from FF3. Physical attacks are useless against him and Theron is of the mindset that Warriors are far more useful than thieves or casters.

The one I'd want to avoid the most in a D&D campaign is probably the Evil Wall from FF4. Time limit battles in D&D get really awful REALLY fast if you don't roll well. Then if you fail your saving rolls once the wall gets close enough to crush you, you're done, as in you have to make a new character. None come to mind from Zelda at the moment as a fight I would never want to see in D&D form. I'll ponder on that some more after I get some work done on my RP.

Jimmy Wonder. Thoughts & prospects?

In character, Theron would have mixed feelings on Jimmy leaning toward approving. He doesn't like magicians, being a traditional warrior type he prefers fighting over spells any day. However he follows the face/heel lines very closely, your face status makes him see the good in you.

Out of character.... Haven't read this round's RP yet but I will take a look after I've finished mine tonight if I have time. If not, I'll be reading them all this weekend. The fact that it has multi colored font this time around helps. I liked the other one, but the presentation being a big block of black text would have made me avoid it if I wasn't bored. Nicer looking formatting can attract more viewers.

An extension of my previous question:

Which Zelda and Final Fantasy would Theron most want to and least want to live through (as one of the party members/main character)?

Which Zelda and Final Fantasy would you most want and least want to participate in for a D&D campaign?

Which D&D monster scares Theron and you as a player the most?

I've made Draco Liches for online RP games as a DM... I hate the possibility of me fighting against them.

I owe you like a zillion points in rep. I'm not here enough anymore.

As I said in Ty's thread I'm a sucker for these. Thoughts on Beard and how you would book a singles feud between him and Theron?

And who would be a dream Kingdom Come opponent for both you as an RP'er and as a character in Theron?

An extension of my previous question:

Which Zelda and Final Fantasy would Theron most want to and least want to live through (as one of the party members/main character)?

Which Zelda and Final Fantasy would you most want and least want to participate in for a D&D campaign?

Which D&D monster scares Theron and you as a player the most?

I've made Draco Liches for online RP games as a DM... I hate the possibility of me fighting against them.

The Final Fantasy that Theron would most want to live through is either FF4 or FF9. The medieval fantasy realms of those worlds closely resemble D&D campaigns I have played. He would fit in perfectly filling in for Cecil or Zidane respectively in their hero spots.

The Final Fantasy that Theron would least want to live through.... If we're talking gameplay primarily then it's either FF2 due to the idiotic stat boosting system it had or FF13 due to how linear it was. If it's more about the world itself, he'd probably feel the least at home in FF8. It takes place in one of the more realistic worlds out of the series. FFX-2 had the worst story, so that can be considered. It's a tossup depending on which angle we are looking at the question from. If I weigh gameplay, setting, and story all at once.... All signs point to FF2. It's bottom tier in everything.

The Zelda that Theron would most want to live through.... Ocarina of Time. He'd never pass up the opportunity to try out Link's spot as The Hero Of Time.

The Zelda that Theron would least want to live through.... Majora's Mask. Out of character there is nothing that I like about that game. In character, Theron wouldn't be interested in masks whatsoever. MAYBE the Fierce Deity Mask, but even that's pushing it. He'd rather not hide his 17 appearance stat under a mask (18 is considered VERY good, stat wise, for those who do not know).

Since they are so story-driven and have worlds that are great for exploration, I struggle to find a title in either Final Fantasy or in Zelda that I wouldn't mind playing if converted to a D&D campaign. Most for FF is probably 9 due to the setting and how well the characters' classes would translate compared to the other newer titles. Least for FF.... FF13 if they don't do something about how linear it is. D&D wouldn't be D&D without the option to explore to your heart's content. Zelda I'd take any of them but Majora's Mask and eagerly try a D&D counterpart. So that's my least. The most for Zelda if I had to pick.... it comes down to Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess due to their settings. Both would do very well in D&D form.

The scariest monster to Theron would probably be Dracoliches. I'd put them in the top 3 for most powerful monsters in existence and he has in-character reasons to be absolutely horrified of them. Spoilers withheld, stay tuned! ;)

The most intimidating monster to me out of character.... Fully grown adult Prismatic Dragons. They are the single most powerful creatures (that I know of, anyway, after 10 years of playing) in the universe. Kirilah's deity could be leading a party of gods and goddesses on a quest, even THEY would flee for their lives if they encountered one of these. You have NO chance of survival unless you have characters that are set up damn near perfectly with prestige classes and all your most broken feats. My DM cannot beat one to this day and he runs various battle simulations for fun.

I owe you like a zillion points in rep. I'm not here enough anymore.

As I said in Ty's thread I'm a sucker for these. Thoughts on Beard and how you would book a singles feud between him and Theron?

And who would be a dream Kingdom Come opponent for both you as an RP'er and as a character in Theron?

I like Beard a lot, one of my favorite heels on the roster at this time. I think you're going to make a great monster heel World Champion once you cash in. For Theron VS Beard in a lengthy feud.... I'd want to do one like the Cena VS Batista feud in 2010 culminating in something like a Last Man Standing match at the climax of the feud.

Out of character, the characters I'd most want to face at Kingdom Come.... Both of Ty's characters come to mind. Whether it be the ultimate battle of good VS evil if he uses Ty Burna, or a fight to determine who is the better man out of respect for one another if he used Califa. I'd probably get destroyed, but it'd be fun.

As far as RP'ers themselves go after that.... Other favorite writers of mine include Kermit, Lee, and Dave. It would be an honor to face any of them at the biggest show of them all, even though two of those three are currently faces.

In-character, Theron's going to want to face a heel so that good can overcome evil seeing him achieve the biggest victory possible. I hinted before that if Fallout survives the gauntlet and gets to the world title, Theron would in character want to be the one to end his reign. Out of revenge and redemption. He'd do anything to get to the match, like HBK when he tried to get the rematch with Taker. Only Theron would win in the end. ;) A lot can happen in a year, but more realistically since this is still my rookie year, even in character he wouldn't want to bite off more than he can chew. Facing an uppercard heel over the Eurasian Championship is a whole lot more realistic and something he would want in character too.

Ever since I turned back to a face, I've thrown around the idea of pitching a Theron/Stormrage team up for one round. Just the ultimate nerd squad. What class do you think Stormrage would?

Ever since I turned back to a face, I've thrown around the idea of pitching a Theron/Stormrage team up for one round. Just the ultimate nerd squad. What class do you think Stormrage would?

Dwarven Barbarian. Dwarf due to his image rep and then Barbarian because of their Rage ability.

I'd be up for that for a round. The console gamer meets the tabletop gamer! Theron is a Zelda fan per the character app, I just never really addressed it. I think we'd be able to come up with some crazy RP's for that round.

Do you think that online D&D will ever happen?

Probably won't be for a while. This can still be a thing at some point. I have too much on my plate going on in real life at the moment though. Work's been more stressful lately among other things. Then you have my moderating the normal chaos of WWE on top of Wrestlemania 30 and now the tournament. I'm quite excited to be helping run all of that all at once, but this will be a super busy month for me. It won't effect my RP'ing at least, Theron's here to stay.

What's the worst trap you've ever faced in a campaign?

What's the worst trap you've ever devised yourself?

A friend of mine in her campaign made a set of stairs that eventually began to erode into a greased slope that lead down to like a 30x30x50 pit that had a gelatinous cube in it.

What's the worst trap you've ever faced in a campaign?

The worst trap I've ever faced was this strange room full of vortexes that warped you to a different square in the room. I was playing a barbarian at the time and elected to use my Dwarven Great Axe to carve a hole in the wall of the cavern to the other side beyond this room, out of furstration in character. My DM let me do this if I rolled well enough. After about a dozen strength checks that I got lucky on (most were over 10) he let me do that.

The rest of the party got stuck having to navigate the trap. Out of character I went to Wal Mart to grab snacks for everyone and ended up running into someone there who I spoke with for an extremely long time, I forget what it was about but this person kept me from coming back to the game for hours. By the time I finally returned, they were STILL in the room. As I walked in our ranger decided to shoot an arrow from her bow to try to attack a monster in the room. She rolled a 20 and got a critical hit on her crit threat, BUT her arrow went into one of the vortexes as there was one in the direct path of the shot, and it came out through the vortex behind our monk. This killed him in one shot, as the ranger rolled TWO TWENTIES! His handler quit on the spot.

They never made it out of that room as no one could figure the solution to the vortex puzzle out. I told the DM I'd fight the boss monster in the next room alone if I needed to since my barbarian had carved a tunnel to get past the puzzle. His response was "No. A giant meteor hits the world and you all die. I don't want to play this anymore". It turns out he had intended for that room to be a fun and short diversion but it just got so frustrating for everyone that it killed the campaign itself.

What's the worst trap you've ever devised yourself?

I'm not all that devious in the characters I have played, honestly. Part of that is I have had DM's that did not allow evil characters. A Chaotic Evil Dark Knight is on my list of characters I'd most want to play sometime. I'll openly admit that rogues/thieves are the archetype I'm the worst at playing. 90% of my characters have been fighter types. The remaining 10% is casters with the exception of two rogues and one ninja. However, there's been some interesting schemes outside of traditional traps that have been devised.

We were in a temple once during a time when we were all still on level 1. This temple was inhabited by goblins, which are still a threat to level 1 characters. We came up with a scheme to have our Shapeshifter turn into a large goblin to pretend to be their king and have her convince them to follow her to a sanctuary on the other side of the temple while the rest of us headed to the tree in the lowest floor containing the fruit we were supposed to investigate.

The plan ended up not working out so well when we tried to execute it. I'm going to withhold on telling the full story on that, as I had planned on using part of it in an upcoming RP. Our DM rolled a natural 20 for the goblin leader on a sense motives check when the Shapeshifter in goblin form had tried to convince them she was a goblin king. Chaos ensued.

Have you ever been in a "survival horror" style campaign or run one?

What type of survival horror game would terrify Theron the most? Would he be able to get through it? What would an evil Theron most fear?

Would you ever consider joining Creative?

That's not me asking you to join, just curious...

Would you ever consider joining Creative?

That's not me asking you to join, just curious...

I read pretty much all the RP's as it is and would enjoy helping decide things, so if offered I'd be willing to give it a shot.

I have a soft spot for a group's big guy, so Sheshmish is my favourite NPC of yours. Which NPC is your favourite?

On the topic of NPC's, who would win a battle royale between them?

Also, have you played the Crash Bandicoot games? I'm assuming you have because you've played FF7.

I have a soft spot for a group's big guy, so Sheshmish is my favourite NPC of yours. Which NPC is your favourite?

Either Kirilah or Sheshmish. They are the two that are the most fun to write. And Neep, how can anyone not love Neep? ;)

On the topic of NPC's, who would win a battle royale between them?

Now that's a good one. Keifasar would be the first to go as he is the least popular amongst the group. Not to mention the fact that he's Neutral Evil, and Kirilah has a lovely ability called Smite Evil. If Theron ever let her she could vaporize him. The others gang up on Kayrentia before she gets a chance to cast any spells while Kirilah is smiting Keifasar. That leaves Kirilah, Davivel, and Sheshmish to fight it out in melee. Out of those three Sheshmish is the only one who cannot cast healing abilities so he would run out of health first. It comes down to Davivel or Kirilah. Davivel has more healing abilities being a cleric, but Kirilah has more powerful stats. It could go either way, but my money's on the Paladin. She's the better tactician.

Also, have you played the Crash Bandicoot games? I'm assuming you have because you've played FF7.

No I have not, actually, although I'm familiar with them. I've played virtually every RPG that the PSX had to offer, but most of my non-RPG titles came from Nintendo during that console generation.

What type of survival horror game would terrify Theron the most? Would he be able to get through it? What would an evil Theron most fear?

Questions need to be answered! >(

Questions need to be answered! >(

Sorry, you're right I did miss this one. Real life's been getting in the way the past couple of days.

Not sure type of survival game you mean. Something like the Saw movies in tabletop form? If so, Theron's the quintessential spiky haired RPG hero who lets his sword do his talking/thinking for him. Sheshmish would be his biggest ally in such a setting, as it benefits rogues rather than warriors.

An evil Theron's biggest fear? I might have to take a while to ponder that one. Heel Theron scenarios haven't crossed my mind much.

Sorry, you're right I did miss this one. Real life's been getting in the way the past couple of days.

Not sure type of survival game you mean. Something like the Saw movies in tabletop form? If so, Theron's the quintessential spiky haired RPG hero who lets his sword do his talking/thinking for him. Sheshmish would be his biggest ally in such a setting, as it benefits rogues rather than warriors.

An evil Theron's biggest fear? I might have to take a while to ponder that one. Heel Theron scenarios haven't crossed my mind much.

Survival horror like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc. Things that would push his sanity. Like, in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem , one way it screwed with the players was to spawn enemies that weren't actually there. You'd see them and you'd just pass through them if you attacked them or ran into them, so it would ingrain into that the enemies of the area were all fake, until it started spawning real ones.

Ever played the tabletop game Dark Heresy? Drew up a pretty sexy blue-haired Arbitrator chick for a friend, but I'm not sure if really want to put time into it yet.

It's kind of like Warhammer 40k, if you heard of it before.

Survival horror like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc. Things that would push his sanity. Like, in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem , one way it screwed with the players was to spawn enemies that weren't actually there. You'd see them and you'd just pass through them if you attacked them or ran into them, so it would ingrain into that the enemies of the area were all fake, until it started spawning real ones.

Ah ok gotcha. Theron would momentarily have to rely more on Keifasar in such an environment, he'd feel right at home. Kirilah and Davivel might struggle some while Sheshmish and Kayrentia likely wouldn't understand what was going on. Depending on how well Keifasar does in the quest and how well they are able to get along, Theron might be alright. Without the Necromancer I don't see it going well. Theron is more comfortable in settings like those in the Hobbit movies.

Ever played the tabletop game Dark Heresy? Drew up a pretty sexy blue-haired Arbitrator chick for a friend, but I'm not sure if really want to put time into it yet.

It's kind of like Warhammer 40k, if you heard of it before.

Have not played that. I've heard of Warhammer although never tried it. I'm willing to try most any tabletop or dice rolling game once. Some are better than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back