• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk Gone From WWE - Keep It All Here

Is CM Punk right for leaving WWE?

• Yes, he saw his friend Bryan taking a backseat to a part timer and decided to leave.

• No, this wasn't punk's battle to fight and his fans deserve better.

Results are only viewable after voting.
As others have stated, I honestly believe if this were a work then something would have been mentioned on RAW or WWE.com. That's the way the company works. They aren't going to play with something this big by simply letting a few internet geeks (of which I'm obviously one) pick up the story online. They'd be shouting it from the rooftops on their programming and website. I'm convinced this is totally legit and Punk has real issues with the company. Issues that he cares about enough to walk out. Now, could he and Vince make up quickly so that he returns in time for the EC? Sure. Anything is possible. But I'm not buying that this is a straight, 100% work. It just doesn't give off those "vibes", if you will. I think this is absolutely for real.

this is my two cents into this.

i hope its a work and ill assume its a work. and ill also assume whatever im saying is how the WWE would (hopefully) be thinking.

initially..i really think WWE dropped the ball with the Bryan not in the rumble thing..which i dont think they expected as reports have stated, and realized there was no way to change it.

now heres the issue..im going to assume when Batista came back he was told ok youre going to win the Rumble, youre going to main event Mania against Randy. im sure that was a deal enhancer to Batista..now WWE cant really re-neg on that so theyre left with few options. Also remember, just last week Punk did an interview where he said he was fine with Batista being back because hes there for the long haul..its funny what a week can change though huh?

in conclusion and to tie it all together, as i previous stated, WWE is left with very few options..they now have to find a way to book Bryan that is going to please the fans, and in a way that wont result in fans booing Batista and Orton out of the building in New Orleans which would come off horribly on TV on the 30th Mania

with all this being said..the only way this can be pulled off is to make Bryans match at Mania feel bigger than the title, bigger than the streak and certainly bigger than any match him and Sheamus could put on.

How do you do it? go public on Raw with the Cm Punk "walk out"..Authority each week is running Raw, with HBK constantly showing up along with the Outlaws (a nostalgia type deal but with a heel run in honor of Mania 30 approaching). at the same time, Bryan is in the forefront against the authority, keeps getting defeated, when Vince comes back to TV, either with Punk in tow or Punk returns at some point to make the save for Bryan.

This All leads to DX (HHH and HBK) vs Daniel Bryan and CM Punk w/ Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 30 for Control of the WWE. thatd be gold..i wanna see face vince for a while too

If its true then the real reasons are still unknown to us. Could be WWE main-event choice, bookings or storylines controlled by Vince McMahon's idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law as Punk calls it.

If its part of work - may be Punk taking an off for reasons already mentioned by others in this thread. Say to make it look true Triple H cuts an interview next week at RAW talking about CM Punk quitting the company after losing his battle to Authority to actually make WWE fans believe this story. Further, the RAW immediately after Elimination Chamber PPV Vince McMahon shows up and confronts Stephanie & Triple H on his disappointment with Authority controlling his company. This leads to match with stipulation "ALL or Nothing" with Triple H will fight against wrestler of Vince McMahon's choice and it could be none other than CM Punk.

My guess is it is because of Batista given the win in the ROyal Rumble. Guys like Punk, Bryan, Reign, etc who are there day in and day out and putting their bodies on the line have to take a backseat to a guy who hasn't had a match in WWE in nearly 4 years and is automatically given the win in Royal Rumble to get a title shot at Wrestlemania. That would anger me if I were in Punk's shoes. Plus factor in the wear and tear on his body and the poor booking in WWE in the last couple years. Punk is awesome, but I don't think he should sick around in WWE any longer past his contract.

My guess is it is because of Batista given the win in the ROyal Rumble. Guys like Punk, Bryan, Reign, etc who are there day in and day out and putting their bodies on the line have to take a backseat to a guy who hasn't had a match in WWE in nearly 4 years and is automatically given the win in Royal Rumble to get a title shot at Wrestlemania. That would anger me if I were in Punk's shoes. Plus factor in the wear and tear on his body and the poor booking in WWE in the last couple years. Punk is awesome, but I don't think he should sick around in WWE any longer past his contract.

from January 24, 2014

this was the summary of Punks comments on Batista

- Punk said he was critical of The Rock coming back because of the "part time status," and doesn't feel like guys should come back just to get a WrestleMania spot. However, he is fine with Batista returning since he signed a two year deal and is "in for the long haul" and is a full time guy. Punk also said that he could beat Batista in a jiu-jitsu match.

If this isn't a work, then it's the best thing that could have happened to Bryan. Having Bryan face HHH, and hopefully win, would make the most sense instead of trying to finagle DB into the title picture. I still don't know how they would have worked that one out with Orton, Batista and Lesnar all ahead of the line in terms of a title match.

I just read that Punk was supposedly going to lose to Antonio Cesaro by way of interference by Kane. Likely ending up with a Kane/Punk Chamber match.

I can't blame Punk since no one can get past Cena as the top guy. I am sure the WWE told him things, like they tell other wrestlers, that never came true.

from January 24, 2014

this was the summary of Punks comments on Batista

- Punk said he was critical of The Rock coming back because of the "part time status," and doesn't feel like guys should come back just to get a WrestleMania spot. However, he is fine with Batista returning since he signed a two year deal and is "in for the long haul" and is a full time guy. Punk also said that he could beat Batista in a jiu-jitsu match.

It still had to piss Punk off that Batista comes back and after just one week is headlining Wrestlemania. That's just ridiculous, even if Batista is a full-time guy. You don't hand him a title match just like that and expect outspoken guys like Punk to sit there and take it.

With the internet buzzing about CM Punk supposedly "walking out" on WWE, an obvious question remains as to what happens with plans for WrestleMania. PWInsider.com is reporting that Punk told WWE officials that he was "going home" before Raw aired this past Monday. The site states that, according to a source, one reason for Punk's perceived unhappiness is due to his dream of headlining WrestleMania probably won't be achieved this year. The site also reports that the current word pertaining to WrestleMania is that Triple H will still compete at the event, but that it will now be against Daniel Bryan.

Like others, I don't know how legit all of this is but if it turns out to be accurate, Punk leaving might be opening a big door for Bryan. Punk's current deal was set to expire this summer and there've been reports of WWE planning another "Summer of Punk" like we saw in 2011, possibly culminating with a WWE WHC at SummerSlam. It's no secret that fans want Daniel Bryan as WWE World Heavyweight Champion and they seem to want it yesterday. However, it's also true that fans have wanted to see Bryan face off against Triple H as The Authority has screwed Bryan out of the title several times.

If it's all a work, then I don't know what is gained by making it seem like your promotion is one big old shitshow. You would think that you'd want to see threads start to pull together as you get closer to WrestleMania, not unravel entirely.

So yeah...great for Bryan? Sure, maybe down the line. A Bryan Vs. Triple H Wrestlemania match isn't all that. It means that we're still left with an Orton Vs. Batista or a Orton Vs. Batista Vs. Lesnar main event (which I affectionately term the Asshole Bowl). Be still my beating heart. :rolleyes:

I agree with some of CM Punk's gripes about WWE in general however I don't agree at all with his actions. You don't just leave or quit when you don't get what you want. That is a big "F U" to Punk's fans who have been extremely loyal. The sad thing is, Punk will leave for a few months, and come back and fans will cheer him and act like everything is fine.

A lot of kids LOVE CM Punk. He's basically showing them that they should constantly complain and then just quit when they don't get what they want.

If it's all a work, then I don't know what is gained by making it seem like your promotion is one big old shitshow. You would think that you'd want to see threads start to pull together as you get closer to WrestleMania, not unravel entirely.

So yeah...great for Bryan? Sure, maybe down the line. A Bryan Vs. Triple H Wrestlemania match isn't all that. It means that we're still left with an Orton Vs. Batista or a Orton Vs. Batista Vs. Lesnar main event (which I affectionately term the Asshole Bowl). Be still my beating heart. :rolleyes:

If it's a work, they can sell it that Punk is fed up with the way Daniel Bryan is being treated and so he walked out. That would sell the DB storyline even further.

I had no clue about this until i woke up this morning this news must have broke late last night. CM Punk is a weird cat,one that will decide if he's had enough of the business. This very well might be a work or not. Given CM Punks history one would assume it is a work,but he has stated numerous times about his displeasure within the company.

I am assuming from his viewpoint that he is sick and tired of these part-timers coming in and stealing the spotlight from the guys that have been there full-time. It could be he needs some time off maybe he comes back after EC or maybe he has finally had enough.

I honestly have no clue but the tweets he has been sending out makes me think this is legit. The first two times it was the Rock who main evented WM and all of a sudden Batista decides i wanna come back (and being Triple H's buddy,i will main event WM after being away for 3 plus years.) Nevermind that CM Punk probably is on par ability wise with Daniel Bryan,and has never main evented WM or won the RR but batista did,despite what audience wanted?

That could be the final nail in the coffin for Punk! If one thing he is not a hypocrite he preaches what he practices! IMO and i may be totally off base here,but if the WWE wants to make Punk happy it might help if you pull Batista from the ME spot from WM! I truly dont think he would mind,if the spot went to Daniel Bryan!

The way I look at it is this: If CM Punk is unhappy in WWE and wants to leave, more power to him. Making a lot of money is great but, according to everything I've read, Punk doesn't need it as he's allegedly worth about $7.5 million. As he doesn't "need" the money and if he's unhappy, burned out altogether, or some combination of both; then he has to do what's best for himself.

On the flip side, it's not as if WWE owes Punk anything or vice versa. Punk leaving and leaving during WrestleMania season would be a tough shot for WWE, but, as I said, Punk has to do what he thinks is best for himself.

Punk walking out being a work because of how DB is treated gives is credibility. It makes it look like the "Pipebomb" "truthteller" CM Punk is on DB's side.

The way I look at it is this: If CM Punk is unhappy in WWE and wants to leave, more power to him. Making a lot of money is great but, according to everything I've read, Punk doesn't need it as he's allegedly worth about $7.5 million. As he doesn't "need" the money and if he's unhappy, burned out altogether, or some combination of both; then he has to do what's best for himself.

On the flip side, it's not as if WWE owes Punk anything or vice versa. Punk leaving and leaving during WrestleMania season would be a tough shot for WWE, but, as I said, Punk has to do what he thinks is best for himself.

Good points here and I agree BUT I do think he should honor his contract. If he wants to leave in July, fine, leave but leaving now is a little immature. He's backed himself into a corner on this part-time thing though because if he leaves and let's say comes back a year or two from now, he's going to have to come back as a full-timer or else he's a hypocrite. If he comes back in a year and expects to be in main events, then isn't he no different than the ones he's bashing?

well Bryan/Trips is fresher and makes more sense than Punk/Trips, so Punk may actually have improved the Mania card significantly. I have no idea how much of this is work or kayfabe though; I doubt anyone besides Punk himself and the top E people know what the hell is going on. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Punk miraculously reappear the night after Elimination Chamber.

Good points here and I agree BUT I do think he should honor his contract. If he wants to leave in July, fine, leave but leaving now is a little immature. He's backed himself into a corner on this part-time thing though because if he leaves and let's say comes back a year or two from now, he's going to have to come back as a full-timer or else he's a hypocrite. If he comes back in a year and expects to be in main events, then isn't he no different than the ones he's bashing?

How is it immature to walk out on your job when you feel you've been massively disrespected? In my work we have a big annual event each year and I have a section of it that I'm in charge of, if I bust my ass all year round only to have my boss bring someone outside in to simply take the glory at the end of it I'd walk straight out the door. I don't think that would be immature, I'd think it would be the natural response to being disrespected like that.

I'm sad CM Punk can't take the constant booking and "not being at the top" anymore, CM Punk is one of my favorite wrestlers, but the man has got to do what he thinks he has to do.

How is it immature to walk out on your job when you feel you've been massively disrespected? In my work we have a big annual event each year and I have a section of it that I'm in charge of, if I bust my ass all year round only to have my boss bring someone outside in to simply take the glory at the end of it I'd walk straight out the door. I don't think that would be immature, I'd think it would be the natural response to being disrespected like that.

Are you a contract employee or at will employee? CM Punk has a contract. He agreed to the terms of it, including the length. Why not wait until the contract is up, and leave?

Also, you think everyone else in the locker room is happy? I don't see them leaving.

Punk is entitled to his opinions and I agree with a lot of his issues, but I just think that he should honor his contract and then leave when it's up rather than "walking out" and making complaints on twitter.

A lot of kids LOVE CM Punk. He's basically showing them that they should constantly complain and then just quit when they don't get what they want.

When is it quitting because you don't get what you want, and when is it quitting because you're not getting what you deserve?

There's two sides to every story. Let's assume that Punk is jaded and burned out, and that he's pissed off about his own booking or the booking of Daniel Bryan, and he believes Batista shouldn't be just handed the Wrestlemania main event and the world title.

On the one hand, it's unprofessional of Punk. He's paid to show up, do what he's told and that's it. That's what professional wrestling is, that's what all jobs are. You do what your boss tells you, and then you get money. Walking out is not the right way to deal with your problems. Stone Cold recently said that he regrets walking out back in 2002, and while that was a quite different situation, but I think Punk will come to regret walking out.

On the other hand, there comes a point when you just can't take it anymore. When you work your ass off year after year, or watch your friend do the same, and then get passed over for that promotion time and time again because some other, less deserving guy is friends with the boss, that can take its toll, especially in a profession as mentally and physically draining as pro wrestling. There comes a time when you have to take a stand, and Punk telling Vince to his face that he's leaving might be one of the few effective ways to get the message across.

At the moment, we don't know enough details to make a full judgement. There's two sides to the coin. Punk is neither a hero or a villain, he's just a guy who's pissed off and sore.

Why don't WWE just get Hunico to play CM Punk?

Problem solved.

I got a brilliant idea... we'll bring announce that Punk is gonna be on TV next week and bring JR in to do the "interview", he can then say "This is a quality athlete? What's your problem" and manage oh wait....

The only 2 people who actually know what is going on for real at the moment are Punk and Vince. This could very much be a shoot, after all it's not like Austin never did it... We know that Punk can be combative if he doesn't get his way and it's easier to let him go home and keep him quiet (as he's under contract) in the lead up to Mania and the Network rather than fire/release him and have him mouthing off like Joey Styles RAW Rant on crack.

Something tells me both guys like the fact only they REALLY know whats going on and that more than anything will protect Phil Brooks professionally... It may not have been what WWE forsaw or wanted but it's helping them be talked about at a time they are desperately aiming for that (and succeeding) to be the case... His contract will have time off provision that he probably hasn't taken, so if he takes it now or just leaves after 30, whats the difference? That he might still show up for 30 if he's rested now. If he's crocked between now and then or his docs say he isn't medically cleared, they lose him full stop.

Vince knew Punk was gonna go the moment he took the title off him in favor of the Rock a year ago. He knew that and still made the call... So Vince cannot complain if Punk walks out on the WWE. The man has stated he wants to headline Mania and it is now clear that is never going happen for him, so if thats all that was keeping them there, why stay?

As timing goes, this is about as good as it gets for him to take his time away for all parties, even if he misses Mania and then just does the 3 months after...

You want to know the straw that probably broke the back? I'm not even thinking it's Batista particularly, or Bryan's problems though I am sure they are part of it... but that they're looking at Warrior v Ryback, which there is no way Ryback is winning... if they're willing to feed their "prototype" and "great white hope" that THEY created in the image they "want" over guys like him to an aging, lunatic egomaniac who will be there for one night only... then what hope has Punk or anyone else like him got?

Punk fans will love him regardless, those who disliked him will probably respect him in the same way they respected Austin for standing his ground... and think on this... Dwayne stormed home the RAW after Mania not so long ago as well... so it's not like Punk is even the first to do it this YEAR!

At this point I'm 99% sure this is not a work. Nothing adds up for that to be the case. That doesn't mean Punk won't be back next week, or by WMXXX. But for right now, all the signs point to this being a legit walk out by him, in large part due to the Batista/Daniel Bryan issue (among other things). He's on record as saying he felt this year should be the year of Daniel Bryan and not Batista, according to a new report on the front page. Sounds very legit to me.

If it's a work, they can sell it that Punk is fed up with the way Daniel Bryan is being treated and so he walked out. That would sell the DB storyline even further.

If that were the case, then WWE Creative chose just about the worst way of putting that ball in motion. If they really wanted to harness the apathy towards the latest creative decision-making, especially concerning Daniel Bryan, Punk would have been out there, mic in hand, during the first segment generating support for Bryan and pointing out everything that was wrong with The Authority and their decisions before dropping the mic and walking out.

This is not a work. At least not yet. The way in which this subject will be broached by HHH and the announcers next Monday will be very telling.

It's sad that CM Punk fanboys can't accept the fact that their hero left them and treated them like trash.

I don't believe it is a "work" at all. I think Phil Brooks doesn't give 2 sh!ts about his fans, he only cares about his money. Phil will certainly come back somehow for that big WM paycheck.

Anyway instead of Triple H vs CM Punk, we will now get Daniel Bryan vs Triple H which was the match we all wanted to see

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back