• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk Gone From WWE - Keep It All Here

Is CM Punk right for leaving WWE?

• Yes, he saw his friend Bryan taking a backseat to a part timer and decided to leave.

• No, this wasn't punk's battle to fight and his fans deserve better.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You can't call breach of contract without knowing what is in the contract. It's most likely that he can leave but WWE don't have to pay him up until July when it expires. There's probably some no compete clauses in there as well so he can't work other shows for x amount of time after the contract ends.

If Punk has legit walked out on WWE then it is to obviously send out a message. I think what Punk needs to realise is that nobody is bigger than WWE. Sure he works all year round and the part timers come back and take top spots but that is business.

If Punk is to re knew, I see him getting a Jericho type deal. Punk fans can breath easily though - Paul Heyman, AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan are three of his closest friends in the business and I am sure they will talk him around to returning if this is legit.

The good news from this is hopefully WWE will rethink their 5 Wrestlemania matches. How about an Elimination Tag Match? Which a huge stipulation.

CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Goldust
vs
Triple H, Sheamus, Kane, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn

I have no issues with that.

Naturally this is all conjecture, but its more than possible that failing health/poor booking is responsible. Punk does work a brutal schedule like all WWE main eventers, but rarely takes time off. Booking has been all over the place, and Punk is stuck in limbo while people like Batista and Orton head off to main event WM. This could possibly be an attempt by Punk to get better booking on the WM card.

I don't think its a stretch to say that there are plenty of people backstage that are unhappy with how WM is shaping up, but to walk out of the company like this speaks volumes about his character, absent a legitimate excuse. I'm incredibly uncomfortable speaking on this given the lack of information available, but this seems like a rather predictable set of circumstances that have been long overdue.

That part I agree with. If Punk does invest money into ROH then it will take over TNA. That would be interesting to see and I would totally support that.

ROH may be that level now, but if CM Punk shows up with a million or two to invest and says I'll wrestle for 2 years here on my schedule, book the shows and I can get x,y & z name from WWE and TNA to come with me suddenly those other markets open up. After the 2 years he becomes the CEO type and Bryan comes in to take his place if he is still being dicked about in WWE...

Sinclair or whoever can take a bit more risk as well and suddenly ROH is bigger... I'm not saying a juggernaut overnight - but a viable alternative...

Remember Punk has been around the WWE in all the run up to the network stuff, he probably knows a lot now about platforms and how to set stuff up.

I love it how people say that wrestlers work a brutal schedule. Really? We work harder at our jobs than they do. They have to work one show a week, some wrestlers will do a little more. And then it's either two house shows on the weekend or a pay per view on Sunday.

At most, they have to work 4 times a week for 20 minutes a day. Back in the 1980s and 1990s when they did shows daily now that was a pain. But wrestlers today are such cry babies compared to the latter.

I remember that wrestlers wanted to go to TNA because of the easy schedule. Of course it's easy, you work 4 days a month!

Naturally this is all conjecture, but its more than possible that failing health/poor booking is responsible. Punk does work a brutal schedule like all WWE main eventers, but rarely takes time off. Booking has been all over the place, and Punk is stuck in limbo while people like Batista and Orton head off to main event WM. This could possibly be an attempt by Punk to get better booking on the WM card.

I don't think its a stretch to say that there are plenty of people backstage that are unhappy with how WM is shaping up, but to walk out of the company like this speaks volumes about his character, absent a legitimate excuse. I'm incredibly uncomfortable speaking on this given the lack of information available, but this seems like a rather predictable set of circumstances that have been long overdue.

Foley did the same thing the night after Montreal. Like with Foley, they didn't mention Punk, they didn't bury Punk either.

Punk and Vince probably had an argument, Punk left pissed off. The two sides calm down and continue to do business until summer.

I think that this is a work. Punk is embroiled in a feud with the authority and this story is being used to fuel that angle.
I'd be very surprised if this was a legit walk out

I think its a work, Punk has been unhappy in the WWE before he even had a verbal confrontation with Vince McMahon. And Punk has been candid in saying he an Vince McMahon has a pretty healthy relationship.

Even if Punk is unhappy I doubt he would leave a mere weeks before WM and miss out on a huge payday for the event.

I'm sure CM Punk had made enough money he can afford to miss WrestleMania.

Punk just seems sick with what's going on in WWE lately. I figured he wouldn't re-sign when his contract expires.

What's the story here? I mean, Punk is working for the most successful and largest known company in the industry. He's near the very top in regards to his popularity, and he's a fan favorite. He held the title for 434 days, which is astounding in this day and age. He was able to promo a worked shoot, and get things off his chest LIVE. He is treated like royalty, so if he walked out, fuck him. If it's a work, then there's another example of how good WWE writing and booking are becoming.

I love it how people say that wrestlers work a brutal schedule. Really? We work harder at our jobs than they do. They have to work one show a week, some wrestlers will do a little more. And then it's either two house shows on the weekend or a pay per view on Sunday.

At most, they have to work 4 times a week for 20 minutes a day. Back in the 1980s and 1990s when they did shows daily now that was a pain. But wrestlers today are such cry babies compared to the latter.

I remember that wrestlers wanted to go to TNA because of the easy schedule. Of course it's easy, you work 4 days a month!
Really? So they come out 4 times a week and do 20 minutes and that's it? They don't have to be in the gym or training? No constant flying or travelling? No media appearances? No physical exertions or working injured/sick? No having to deal with jackass "fans" both at work and during their time off? And that's just the WWE guys. Indy guys have it even worse and for much less money.

Not saying you don't work hard, but I think they're due a lot more credit than you're giving.

First of all, whether you work harder than a wrestler depends on what job you have. Its wrong to assume that everyone on this forum has similar jobs. I know some people here who work in IT, others might work harder. If someone on the forums is a miner or a plumber or an electrician I might be inclined to say they work harder than a wrestler, but not many people torture their bodies days on end, maintain peak physical form, and perfect their acting skills, all while working through nagging injuries and personal problems. Part of being a wrestling fan is understanding these men and women, particularly those who work the important ends of the card, make extraordinary sacrifices in order to entertain us. If you think wrestlers punch in for Main Event/SD/and RAW you have no understanding of the industry. Destroying your body so you can immediately go on the road, make it to a hotel, barely get sleep, eat shit food, train, and make media appearances before making it to the arena by noon (you're fined if you're late), just to do more press and wait around to repeat the cycle is much more than any of us can handle.

I didn't read thru this thread but I wouldn't doubt that this has anything to do with Batista being pushed as hard as he is and having only been back for 2 weeks. We all know 2012 summer of Punk and seemingly nothing has changed in terms of the little guys getting screwed. I could see Punk being beyond po'd about Batista and Bryan being screwed.

As others have said, it could be so many different things. It could be anything from the death of a family member or very close friend, such a person could be diagnosed with a serious illness, Punk could be just flat out tired & is taking time off whether it's convenient for WWE or not, it could all be part of an elaborate work as part of his feud with The Authority, etc.

The latter wouldn't surprise me at all as it's really difficult to tell when Punk is in character and when he's simply being 100% himself. It wouldn't be the first time that CM Punk & WWE have been playing fans like Hendrix played a Stratocaster. The fact that he's still being advertised for Elimination Chamber is highly suspicious when he's been removed from all advertisements from upcoming house shows and TV tapings.

Didn't punk do an interview like a week ago talking about his contract. He was saying like he still doesn't know whether he will sign or not and that he wants to keep his contract situation on the down low. I think it is a work, we'll I hope it's a work.

If it was a work, I think that hey would have said something on RAW to play the storyline. IE Punk was out of control after the way he was eliminated from the RR so we suspended him gave him time off etc. Last tme he "left"he did it on RAW. Hugged Heyman and walked out.

If t's true, I don't blame him one bit. He would be missed, but when he's ready or if he wants to, he would be welcome in TNA or ROH getting pretty good money for those organizations. Punk always said he'e well off financially so huge paydays (IE WWE money) may not be the driving force.

PUNK vs Angle, Punk vs Aj Styles sounds pretty good to me.

Punk is one of the workhorses for WWE, as are others. But those workhorses who bust their ass week in and week out seem to never get to reap the rewards at the larger PPVs now. They are over shadowed by the part-timers and old timers. WWE seems to have no faith in their own roster to fill out Wrestlemania cards anymore it seems.

Batista comes back on RAW, says he is going to win the RR, enters the RR late, wins it, and is off to Wrestlemania. YAY!

Like many others said on there, I think that RR may have been the last straw for Punk. Being burnt out and having nagging injuries, and with booking being pretty bad and inconsistant for a long time, WWE favorig the old guys for name recognition over the guys that bust ass all year, WWE just looks like they don't want to pull the trigger on DB etc.

My WM match that I woud have loved to have seen was CM Punk vs. DB, face vs face, in an Iron Man match for the WWE World Title. A math of respect and fr the fans. I realy don't want to see or have an interest in Bastista, Brock, Cena, and/or Orton in a Title match at WM.

I love this. It is typical Punk ! Anyone who thinks IF this is not a work that he has not left due to the " Daniel bryan " situation ? I think you are being very short sighted. :)

He'll be back to fight Trips at Wrestlemania. Mark my words.

WWE is not stupid and neither is CM Punk. This either partially a work or entirely a work. Either way, he'll be back.

This makes very little difference to the success of WrestleMania which is the main focus of the company outside of the launch for the WWE network.

WrestleMania is still going to get over a million buys and those working the card are going to get paid. If Punk doesn't want to be one of those people getting paid than so be it. Let him take the next few months off until his contract is up and he decides to either sign or to leave. I'd be worried if they didn't have a simple solution to Punk leaving, but they do and his name is John Cena.

If anything this opens the door even more for Daniel Bryan which should make people happy. It's one less person Bryan has to compete against for a top spot.

I could see it being a work if it were any other time of the year, not WrestleMania season. If he's been pulled from all TV taping's and house shows, I don't expect to see him back... that is I don't expect to see him back before WrestleMania.

Punk has reasons to be mad, but so does everyone else in the company, that's no reason to quit on the company, during it's most important season no less... that sounds very unprofessional to me.

Whether it's a work or not (which I strongly believe it's not), I do expect to see Punk back in the WWE maybe after WrestleMania, maybe for one more match at Payback... but it looks like his chances of signing a new contract are now very slim.

Well he did say in his MMA interview that he needed a break, because, he has basically not taken a break ever, besides those 2 months, that werent enough at all.So I'm guessing this is him getting some time off.Plus I think info is way too public way too fast.

Since WWE in recent times like to work people via Twitter and social media in general, I have my doubts of this being real.Cm Punk needs freaking time off and they have enough people and storylines to work with until EC.

So yea, lets hope Punk rests up good and comes back better than ever.

I hope this is a work and if it is just say he was injured by Kane at rumble and say he wants him at EC.

If this isn't a work, this is CM Punk putting the world on notice that he's bigger than any wrestling promotion. He quit the largest, most popular wrestling company in the world. This is his way of saying it's his way or no way. If he did indeed quit the company, this is huge for Punk. Not only is he one of the biggest stars in professional wrestling today, he'll be the biggest free agent on the market once his 90 day no compete clause is up. He'll be in the driver's seat as far as his creative direction, pay, and any other contractual stipulations. He could literally pick where he wants to go, what he wants to do, and how he wants to do it.

On another note, this whole thing has to have TNA wondering what their chances are at landing Punk. This could be seen as their chance to snag an actual big name free agent that wasn't in WWE's mid card purgatory before being touted in TNA as debuting star. CM Punk is the real deal, and his biggest fans will almost certainly follow him where ever he goes... even if it's to an inferior product.

Congratulations, Punk. The entire wrestling world is watching.

Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio noted that CM Punk told WWE that he was going home right before RAW started this past Monday night. WWE was apparently not expecting it, although they expected him to leave in July when his contract expired.
While Meltzer said that he wasn't sure exactly what incident led to him finally leaving, he said that Punk had seemed generally frustrated over the past year. It was noted that he wanted t o be the top guy in the company, and knew that it wouldn't happen with John Cena on top. Punk has been saving money and has made a lot over the years, and felt like he didn't need to stay with the company if he didn't want to.
PWInsider added there was talk that Punk was either supposed to leave to Antonio Cesaro on RAW after Kane*interfered, or do a promo about Kane eliminating him at The Royal Rumble. Either way, he was scheduled to be on the show.

Punk was originally scheduled to face Triple H at WrestleMania XXX, however after RAW it appears as if*Daniel Bryan will be replacing Punk in that match.

CONCLUSION:

If it's not an injury, Cm Punk is a hypocrite and lost all my respect if he left like that.

This exposes Punk as the cranky egomaniac he is and always been. He left his fans without any justified reason, unfortunately cm punk fans are so blind, they'll cheer him no matter what.

CM Punk can't become the top guy especially if he keeps beating up his fans, calling out celebrities without being provoked, cyberbullying his followers on twitter...

He still have a better position than 99% of the people in the company. Punk is a kind of person that look at the glass half empty rather than half full. He'll always find a reason to complain.
Cm punk has faced pretty much every part timer Taker, Rock, Brock, Jericho...
He can turn heel any time unlike Cena which puts him in a better position.

If there's one person that should walk out on WWE it's Daniel Bryan, he isn't complaining when there is 1000 reasons for him to complain.

With that being said, I hope punk leaves and never return again.

Punk is a great wrestler but a complainer and a whiny little bitch.

He has gone about his business the wrong way. He should have seen this contract out to July and then left. Walking out on the fans who buy his merchandise and pay to attend the shows to cheer him on is disgusting. He is an ego maniac and the biggest mark to himself. Steve Austin did this in 2002 and he still regrets it to this day.

Punk is good but not as good as he thinks. Cena is worth $100m a year to WWE, Punk wont be anywhere close to that.

As much as the IWC is in denial about this - Orton vs Batista sells more than Orton vs Punk. Lesnar vs Taker sells more than Punk vs Taker. Triple H was as good as it was going to get for Punk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back