• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hopefully it becomes a regular thing to a certain degree;

For example maybe announce that WrestleMania 29 will be HHH's last match; just leave it open for what the match could potientally be, or that at WrestleMania 29 Stone Cold Steve Austin will return to the ring again leaving the match open or maybe that the Main Event of WrestleMania will be WWE Champion vs World Heavyweight Champion in a title unification bout.

If done correctly it could work a treat but it's just being done for the hell of it than no, it gives you something to look forward to or an idea of what WWE have planned.

I would prefer 1 one year build where they actually don`t announce the match at the start of the year but rather take the year to build towards an announcement much later.

It was good for Rock vs Cena, and could work every year, but there's too many factors that could ruin the whole idea. What if Cena would have gotten injured in his feud with Kane? Something that would have kept him out a few months? Then Wrestlemania would be ruined because the big match that's been hyped would be put off. If it's something like Triple H vs HBK where they won't get into the ring until next year's Mania, then it works better. But if it's two guys who are active on the roster or even one guy, it can be disasterous.

Well, this could go either way, depending on how carefully they plan it, like some of you said, if they want to book one guy, leave an option open for the oponent, or if they have an idea on who they want to fight at the next wrestlemania don't anounce it, maybe tease it a little just to see what kind of reaction it has from the fans, and then work on it, if the match involves two superstars from the actual roster, for example: Dolph Ziggler vs Wade Barret, one can say that he wants to have a big wrestlemania moment, then the other one can say something similar, they should mention the same thing or goal every few months untill they run into eachother about a month from wrestlemania and challenge eachother, that way they wouldn't make the fans get tired, and more importantly, the storyline wouldn't get stale, because if they only tease it and someone gets injured, it wouldn't look bad if out of nowere someone else enters the picture, that's my opinion.......

I am wondering if John Cena was so badly injured in his car accident a few agos that he wouldn't be cleared to wrestle? What would happen, would there be a replacement? Would match be cancelled?

How about Brock comes back and challenges punk for next years main event at WM29..they could have Brock come back and say he's the real heyman guy and punks living in his shadow(referring to punks shoot promo in the summer)..this would make punk the top bracket main eventer and would be something totally different to what's always expected

Terrible idea. It only worked this time because it was the biggest match in over a decade. Unless it's a special match, I'd much rather watch a year of stories unfold and see what it leads to at WM, than to know the main event a year out.

there's more money in a year long build up, but both guys have to show up in the ring, and that was only the case with cena last night

Somebody hasn't been watching wrestling very long. Rock for years had his opponents dominate most of the match and do the babyface come back late. Which is exactly what WWE had Cena doing back in 05-07. He was basically a Rock knock-off in other words. Doesn't mean Rock didn't show up in the ring last night. Hell, they probably set it up for Cena to look better in the ring since Rock was going to go over.

1. Brock isn't the guy he once was, but he really doesn't need to be. I suspect his retirement in MMA was more about him not being able to compete at a top level rather than not being able to take full contact. Brock probably isn't gonna be asked to bump week in and week out. He can dominate a few jobbers on raw and save the bruises for the big shows.

2. I agree he's no Jericho on the mic, but Brock can hold his own. He was not the top draw in both WWE and UFC for nothing. His very presence commands attention and generates an emotional response. He doesn't need help getting heat, it comes natural to him.

3. How is he a flash in the pan? He was a huge deal during his entire WWE career, and left on his own with his last match at wrestlemania. If he had choosen to stay he still would have been a top star. 3 years might be a relatively short tenure, but it's plenty enough to move him out of the flash in a pan category. And Taker was also a Smackdown mainstay. They were plenty capable of being just as big of stars on Raw, the WWE wanted to elevate Smackdown to that level.

4. A fair point. He's no HBK, but who on WWE's current roster is?

First of all, I didn't necessarily state that Brock needed to wrestle week in, week out - just show up.

Secondly, the only attraction I can see in Brock is that he's a superheavyweight who can dominate pretty much anyone. The only 'natural' heat he can draw is decimating faces. All bricks and no mortar.

Third and finally, and this is on a more personal basis, but I'm fed up of the whole 'return' spiel. The novelty has worn off. Yes, just as 'Taker, Trips and Shawn proved last night, the vets can still put on a show-stealing performance, but this should just be something reserved for special occasions.

With Brock supposedly returning, as well as Albert - two superstars I assume will become main characters on Raw immediately - it again shoves the up-and-coming stars down a peg. How are our beloved internet darlings such as Ziggler and Ryder supposed to progress to the main event if WWE keeps bringing back stars that are either past their prime, or never had a prime to begin with? (Which was my point about Brock, his lack of longevity hardly cements him as having legendary status, and adding on another measly year won't augment that). Is 2002/3 the new Attitude Era for nostalgic fishery?

We've had our stacked WM card. We've had our dream matches. We've had the "end of an era". The company should look to building the stars of tomorrow now rather than relying on the stars of yesterday.

Loved the Taker/HHH match last night at mania, and i think it ended in a satisfying way for all parties. To me that should be it. Taker, HBK and HHH true last mania. I could see hunter sticking around for a bit, but the story was so well built and the match delivered in a way that if truly those three "ride off into the sunset" then it would truly be the end of an era. That would make it special and entertaining.

the real star was shawn micheals. his emotion made that match worth it. it wasnt the best match at all and to be honest, it wasnt even the best hiac match. but shawns trouble and being torn between the 2 combatants made this the match of the year canidate. it made the win for the undertaker much more satisfying as a fan cause i thought for sure undertaker would probably lose. thankl god he didnt.

We've had our stacked WM card. We've had our dream matches. We've had the "end of an era". The company should look to building the stars of tomorrow now rather than relying on the stars of yesterday.

i couldnt agree wid u more on dis.....we have had possibly the best WM in a long time .....lets face it all the matches (except sheamus/bryan) were decent if not great and taker/hhh did live up to the expectations....

what wwe should be doin now is to give the young stars viz miz, ryder, kofi,cody a shot at the spot light....and possibly dese superstars can make it to the mid card of SS with decent matches with a posssible brock/cena main event...

I got goosebumps when the 3 of them stood infront of the curtain and all raised each others hands. That signified to me that it COULD be the last time we see The Undertaker in a wrestling match. I have already accepted that HBK is retired and I think he will make the right decision by staying retired (I don't want to see him as another Flair, he went out the right way), but I do think Triple H will wrestle again although not for a while.

I really hope we see Undertaker in the ring again, even if its just the once a year special attraction, but you could see that Hell In A Cell match took a lot out of him, it was brutal. If that was the last time he competes then I don't think there are many better ways he could have gone out. 20 wins in a row at Wrestlemania is an incredible achievement, one that will never be matched and there is no way the streak should be broken.

Personally, I was shocked this Sunday to see the Rock go over John Cena at Wrestlemania 28 last Sunday. I honestly couldn't see any scenario in which Cena was going to lose, but behold, we have one.

This marks Cena's second loss in a row on the grandest stage of them all. First the Miz (Thanks to Rock) and now the Rock himself. IMO I have a feeling this 2 outta 3 thing is going to be scrapped. With the way they left things last night on RAW, it appears to me they both have very different paths ahead of them.

It looks as though our WM29 Main Event will include Lesnar and Cena. I'm aware that things change, but with Vince being high on setting the WM 29 Main Event soon, I have a feeling it will easily involve Lesnar, but most likely Cena as well.

Which brings me to my question: Do you think this match has been decided before it's even been set? I find it very hard to even consider the WWE spending an entire year building up a Lesnar vs. Cena feud, only to have their face of the company lose for the THIRD consecutive time at the biggest PPV of the year. I would be utterly shocked, but stranger things have happened. Cena is a good sport, and truly love the company, but you can only be a stepping stone for so long before you crack.

Thoughts?

I just thought about this and checked the results of all of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania matches and realized that he's never had a triple threat match at the event.

Now assuming he will be at next year's Wrestlemania, do you think it would be more interesting having him put the streak on line in a triple threat match?

I know it wouldn't mean the same cause it's not just a one-on-one match but i think it would be more interesting cause the other two guys could ruin the streak.

Thoughts?

Cena has had seven straight title matches at Mania in which he won or retained the strap 5 times. He has already gone over and gone over huge. That means that he is fair game now to lose at any Mania so if it is Lesner and Cena at 29 then it would not suprise me if Lesner gets the win.

Lesnar is set for AT LEAST 2 appearances in every month. That leaves you potentially with a showing at RAW and a PPV or 2 showings at RAW per month. I...don't see Lesnar/Cena as a feud burning over until Mania, I REALLY don't.

I could see it going until Summerslam at a most and even then, 6 months of this would do my head in. Remember, Lesnar ISN'T as good a talker as The Rock. The hype for Cena/Rock worked PURELY because of the ability of both men's mic skills. Lesnar can't talk. He never has been able to. His voice is kinda like...well it's like he's on a permanent helium fix in comparison to his body.

This HAS to be a physical feud. If it's purely physical, it will get boring. It will get tiring after a few run in's on one another. The feud has to be over by then. Lesnar needs SEVERAL opponents this year for it to then culminate in either Lesnar/Taker or Lesnar/Rock.

I dont want cena/lesnar at mania. It would not be worth the wait. Cena/rock was worth the wait for obvious reasons but this is nowhere near that big of a match. It should NOT main event wrestlemania especially a year in advance.

WWE, this is totally why we need managers back. You have the AWESOME return of Brock Lesner, but now have to deal with his lack of microphone skills. Cena will eat him alive on the mic, and Lesner will eat Cena alive in fighting. I believe there are many superstars in the back, who could rise quickly, either face or heel, with the services of a manager. Imagin Lesner with Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Capt'n Lou or a Freddie Blassie.
WWE step up to the plate. What does everyone think about WWE needing managers?

Not sure where this is going but I would not be so quick to dismiss a potential Lesnar-Taker or Lesnar-Austin matach at Wrestlemania 29. Both are main event calibur, both would be worth the wait, and both have histories.

Am I reaching?

They are not gonna do cena vs lesnar at wrestlemania 29, they already fought at backlash so its been done and would not get alot of people excited maybe for summerslam it would work. I admit cena wasnt the same cena as now when they last fought but he was the heel then that everybody wants him to be now. I think lesnar vs undertaker would be the match at wm 29. They already have the beef thing from ufc after lesnar lost against Cain. Undertaker needs a top caliber oppent now for his wm matches lesnar is the that guyand yes i know they already fought but it would still get people excited. Also the rock would make a great opponent to seeing as lesnar beat him for the title.Next years wm should be for top matches austin vs punk rock vs whoever is the world champion undertaker vs lesnar.

Personally, I'm not convinced that this is necessarily building to a Lesnar/Cena showdown at WM29. It's possible, no doubt about it, but I'm not totally sold on it. I could see Lesnar going on a path of destruction throughout the company, in an attempt to get noticed. Who better to start with than the top guy in the company and the main guy of the era?

I see Lesnar doing similar things to all if the top guys: Punk, Orton, Sheamus, Jericho, and right on down the line. Why? To remind the world of what he is capable of, and to make his intentions known to the world.

His ultimate goal and the direction this is headed in? A shot at ending "the streak" against the Undertaker at WM29. The seeds have been set already. Taker himself won't likely be around for a while for a direct challenge. So Lesnar will go on a rampage through the company until announcing what he really wants. Immortality. At the expense of the Undertaker.

The tease from Rock about "his vision of winning the WWE Championship" again is no accident, which is why i don't think he's done with WWE, or why would he say that?

Would Vince put the belt back on Cena this year for a ROck/Cena match for the title?

I only have one question with the return of Brock and it is this.

Does this mean Paul Heyman is Back?

Do not forget that Heyman is Brocks Manager and Agent so I am guessing Heyman will be back and probably as his mouthpiece. Having Heyman back would be awsome the guy has always been gold on the mic even back in the NWA days with his cell phone with his stable fighting with Cornette's stable.

I was kinda expecting this as after his face got torn open and the issues with his Divreticulitus he didnt seem to have the ...I want to say Heart but dont think its the right word, for the UFC/Strikeforce, remember UFC purchased SF about a year ago. It was just an observation I had.

After Brock got the huge laceration, you can still see the scar under his left eye, he basically vanished from the UFC and turned down a few fights and just relaxed at home and hunted.

My other thing is will this bring Sable back who I believe he is still married too. It would be intresting to see her interact with the Divas and even put Eve in her place " Men come to see me and women want to be me"

I see a whole host of doors opening up with his Return and what could be a better impact than Brock F5ing Cena and showing him how it should really be done not the pussed out AA Cena Does. It looked just as Brutal as ever.

I have a better idea instead of Cena-Lesner at Mania 29. A year is too long to build if Brock is only going to be in the company one year. Who else would he feud with to pass the time. My idea have Brock vs Cena at Extreme Rules or if Extreme Rules is not big enough hold it until Summerslam. Or maybe have Brock and Cena face off at 3 straight PPVs including Extreme Rules and 2 after with Brock winning at Extreme Rules, Cena winning the 2nd one and Brock winning the third. 3 times may become stale maybe have them face just once and have Brock win the wwe title around Summerslam and maybe hold until Mania 29 to face and lose to The Rock. The title reign might be too long for wwe now a days so he can trade wins with Cena and have a 6 month reign depending on how many shows Lesner is signed up to be on in his one year deal going into Mania 29. Alot here I kno depending on how often Lesner appears. Lastly I have Cena face Taker at mania 29. This may sound dumb and I might get bashed or banned. Thoughts? Thanks

Cena has had seven straight title matches at Mania in which he won or retained the strap 5 times. He has already gone over and gone over huge. That means that he is fair game now to lose at any Mania so if it is Lesner and Cena at 29 then it would not suprise me if Lesner gets the win.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Cena has been dominate in past WM so why not let him lose 3 straight. Losing for Cena will neither hurt nor help his career at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back