2015-2016 NFL LD

Chris Johnson is an awful pass blocking RB.

Carson Palmer's health and success so far would say otherwise. And I never commented on Chris Johnson's ability to pass protect, I'm only commenting on David Johnson's lack of experience and what that might mean.

Why do you think David Johnson hasn't received more touches in the first two weeks of his career?

Carson Palmer's health and success so far would say otherwise. And I never commented on Chris Johnson's ability to pass protect, I'm only commenting on David Johnson's lack of experience and what that might mean.

Why do you think David Johnson hasn't received more touches in the first two weeks of his career?

It's only two games. I'd take a young, explosive, and very talented rookie over an old, washed up, and declining veteran like Chris Johnson.

I'm not sure. Perhaps Bruce Arians has something against rookies? When asked about why he listed Johnson fourth on the depth chart in training camp, Arians responded, "He ain't getting shit yet." That sends the wrong message, and the fact that he even considered signing Chris Johnson says a lot. He could just be wary about using rookies, which I can understand. However when one player (D Johnson) outperforms another player (C Johnson) in every way possible, it seems like something more to me.

It's only two games.

Remember that quote.

I'd take a young, explosive, and very talented rookie over an old, washed up, and declining veteran like Chris Johnson.

Did you know D Johnson was so explosive before he had three TDs in two games (one of which was not from the RB position and another that was a reception)?

Are you willing to give him up in your return game to get him more offensive carries? I'm not saying that has to happen but there are not a lot (if any) starting backs returning kicks.

I'm not sure. Perhaps Bruce Arians has something against rookies?

I think most coaches are tentative with starting rookies. Especially on teams that have a chance to make the playoffs. It makes sense to me to be that way. I don't want a fresh out of school surgeon performing surgery on me until he has had a chance to prove himself. Football is not as serious as that analogy, oh wait, it kind of is.

When asked about why he listed Johnson fourth on the depth chart in training camp, Arians responded, "He ain't getting shit yet." That sends the wrong message, and the fact that he even considered signing Chris Johnson says a lot.

Ariana sounds like he is telling D Johnson that he is going to have to work his way up and should not expect to be given anything based on his college resume. Think of all the guys that flamed out due to an inflated ego, lack of perspective and how much they are instantly given when they get drafted and sign a contract. It is an OK message.

He could just be wary about using rookies, which I can understand.

I win the internet.

However when one player (D Johnson) outperforms another player (C Johnson) in every way possible, it seems like something more to me.

Quote You: It's only two games.

Plus technically Arians game plan for week two was only based on one game. D Johnson is giving you exceptional play as a returner and secondary back (against Chicago's shit defense). They are winning. Why be in such a rush to change things?

That being said, I heard Arians is going to get D Johnson more touches this week.

Remember that quote.

Okay

Did you know D Johnson was so explosive before he had three TDs in two games (one of which was not from the RB position and another that was a reception)?

Yea, I saw some of his stat lines at Northern Iowa. And he had a strong pre-season.

Are you willing to give him up in your return game to get him more offensive carries? I'm not saying that has to happen but there are not a lot (if any) starting backs returning kicks.

He can still return kicks.

I think most coaches are tentative with starting rookies. Especially on teams that have a chance to make the playoffs. It makes sense to me to be that way. I don't want a fresh out of school surgeon performing surgery on me until he has had a chance to prove himself. Football is not as serious as that analogy, oh wait, it kind of is.

What if that rookie is a lot better than another starting player?

Ariana sounds like he is telling D Johnson that he is going to have to work his way up and should not expect to be given anything based on his college resume. Think of all the guys that flamed out due to an inflated ego, lack of perspective and how much they are instantly given when they get drafted and sign a contract. It is an OK message.

He has worked hard and proved himself and isn't being rewarded accordingly.

Quote You: It's only two games.

Plus technically Arians game plan for week two was only based on one game. D Johnson is giving you exceptional play as a returner and secondary back (against Chicago's shit defense). They are winning. Why be in such a rush to change things?

That being said, I heard Arians is going to get D Johnson more touches this week.

Yea, but who's to say this trend won't continue?

Because David Johnson is more talented and deserves more touches.

We'll see. I still think Chris Johnson will get more carries, which is just absurd.

Sorry, I didn't realize a stat line from N Iowa and preseason football was so predictive of a player's value.

And why do anxious to work a guy so early in the season when you are winning?

No one deserves anything when you are winning, except Rudy.

Okay

Yea, I saw some of his stat lines at Northern Iowa. And he had a strong pre-season.

He can still return kicks.

What if that rookie is a lot better than another starting player?

He has worked hard and proved himself and isn't being rewarded accordingly.

Yea, but who's to say this trend won't continue?

Because David Johnson is more talented and deserves more touches.

We'll see. I still think Chris Johnson will get more carries, which is just absurd.

Geez you're just as bad with this as you are with wrestling. Well here, I'll speak in your language:

D Johnson is green and hasn't paid his dues. If Arians plays him over C Johnson it'll bury him.

Guys, I'm just saying start the young, explosive, and clearly better RB over the old, declining veteran, who hasn't been good in years. Is anyone denying this?

Guys, I'm just saying start the young, explosive, and clearly better RB over the old, declining veteran, who hasn't been good in years. Is anyone denying this?

A professional football coach :shrug:.

One that is 2-0.

Is D Johnson on your fantasy team or something? He's on mine, I'd love to put him in my starting line up but I recognize it could take time or never be worth the roster spot.

A professional football coach :shrug:.

One that is 2-0.

Is D Johnson on your fantasy team or something? He's on mine, I'd love to put him in my starting line up but I recognize it could take time or never be worth the roster spot.

Just because he's undefeated doesn't mean every decision he makes is the correct one.

Yea, and he's also starting because of injuries to Andre Ellington and Arian Foster.

Complete dismantling of the Chargers today. Peterson looked like his old self again. Defense was just mauling Rivers.

And old man Greenway had a 92 yard INT return for the cherry on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back