2015-2016 NFL LD

Something about Del Rio is what comes to mind.

And yes, OT rules are stupid. Go back to the old way, or use the college rules (fantasy players would go ape shit), or just let it end in a tie in regular season.

Out of the 9 weeks played thus far this season, not including their bye week, Dallas has had a primetime slot for every week except for 1.

So yeah, I'm on the fuck the Cowboys train. No one gives a damn about these assholes or the garbage ass NFC East, yet they're constantly shoved down our throats week after week. Romo and Dez getting hurt made it all the worse. It's ridiculous how much the NFL and sports media caters to that organization.

Next week will be the first week since week 2 where the Cowboys won't be in primetime. But then starting again Thanksgiving, the Cowboys have 4 straight weeks of primetime slots, with only one being eligible to be flexed (which I doubt they exercise). This is not "America's team" anymore. I do not understand why they're so catered to.

I imagine it has to do with them having their fans spread out across the country, because no one wants to stay in the shithole that is Texas. And also because in the old days, they used to be the only team on television.

Same reason the Washington Racial Slurs get so much attention, in spite of being less relevant than the Tampa Bay fucking Buccaneers.

A few years ago during Super Bowl week, I heard a radio show talking about who you cheer for if you don't live near a major city, like I don't (Cincinnati is about an hour away and that's the closest thing we have). For some reason, fans in my situation tend to pick the Cowboys or the Steelers. I have no idea why but it seems to be true.

In my case, the first football game I ever watched was Dallas vs. Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl. My dad was a Steelers fan so I picked Dallas and they won. I've been a fan ever since.

Packers are pretty neutral city popular as well.

I swear Al Michaels has a punch card for a free stay at the Arlington Best Western that he is trying to fill up before retirement.

It boils down to

Cowboys
Steelers
Washington Racial Slurs
Packers
Giants
Eagles
Broncos

The Colts and Patriots have been pretty recent to getting crammed down our throats, but the Pats have done so by merit. The Colts have managed to by having Peyton Manning and being dragged up by their "rivalry" with the Pats.

It essentially becomes the self fulfilling prophecy that the Cowboys get the best ratings, because they get the best ratings. Just like the SEC is the best conference, because it's the best conference.

I'm proud of the Titans. My expectations are so low this year that I can just sit back and not really care much about losses and just look for positives. Getting the win in OT this week was nice.

The Saints have the worst defense in the league.

Not just the league right now, but in NFL history. And I'm not exaggerating.

QBs are averaging over a 112 rating against the defense this season, a record high and it only looks to be getting worse. And it's not like we're facing Brady and Rodgers every week.... Winston (rookie), Mariota (rookie), Cousins (trash), Weeden (trash), Bradford (trash), Luck (injured), etc. are putting up these numbers. It makes no sense.

We're also at the bottom of the league in rushing yards allowed per carry.

It's truly baffling how an NFL defense could be this bad. #1 offense in the league coming into today as well, with Brees playing the best football he has played in like 3 years. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it...

Not just the league right now, but in NFL history. And I'm not exaggerating.

QBs are averaging over a 112 rating against the defense this season, a record high and it only looks to be getting worse. And it's not like we're facing Brady and Rodgers every week.... Winston (rookie), Mariota (rookie), Cousins (trash), Weeden (trash), Bradford (trash), Luck (injured), etc. are putting up these numbers. It makes no sense.

We're also at the bottom of the league in rushing yards allowed per carry.

It's truly baffling how an NFL defense could be this bad. #1 offense in the league coming into today as well, with Brees playing the best football he has played in like 3 years. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it...

......and yet you still beat Dallas.

We're up by 3 and Tampa is on our four. We get them to fumble.....and it's taken away by a penalty. Tampa takes the lead on the next play.

Raise your hand if you didn't see this coming.

Peyton Manning got pulled out of the game after throwing 4 interceptions. Wow, the downfall is truly official, I don't think anyone can deny how shit he's been this year. The guy honestly might be just about done.

Gronkowski just made a great catch and run to put the Pats one point ahead of the Giants in the 4th quarter, we've played like shit this game so fingers crossed we can hold on. I don't even care about the undefeated streak, I just don't want to lose to the god damn Giants.

Big win this week. We have to keep racking up wins this way.

Next week is huge. It will tell how legit the Vikings are. Packers are struggling, this is the time to capitalize.

They should have counted that Patriots touchdown. At this point, the refs clearly want the Giants to win this game

Pretty much my exact thoughts. Thank God that would be TD pass the Giants just threw was reversed after being reviewed because to think two refs standing right there got that call totally wrong is baffling, the man dropped the ball literally less than 2 seconds after catching it, I don't give a fuck where his feet were, that's not control and that's not a catch.

Phew yeah that one was pretty damn sweet considering all the heartbreak those fucks have given us over the years, I wasn't very confident but at the same time I wasn't counting us out because as history and Super Bowls have shown, you give Tom Brady more than a minute on the clock and the game on the line, there's a VERY good chance he's going to march up that field and give you the win. One of the best clutch QBs ever.

As has been my repeating theme every single week, there was a lot I saw that I didn't like more than that I did like, but you can't argue with results. I need to buy Gostowski a drink or twelve if I ever run into him in a bar.

They should have counted that Patriots touchdown. At this point, the refs clearly want the Giants to win this game

If that's the case, they also should have counted Beckham's TD.

Tough year to be a Giants fan. If the games lasted only 3 quarters, we'd be 9-1. :)

I'd stop watching, but they need me.

They really do, y'know.

Oh come on there's no way that was a catch. If you drop the ball in less than 2 seconds after catching it and bobbling it, that's not a catch.

I must not understand how the 'complete the play' rules are enforced.

Consider: We watch Cam Newton run the ball to the end zone. He leaps in the air and touches the right pylon with the ball as he sails past it.....and drops the ball before his body even touches the ground.

Official ruling?.....touchdown

Yet when Beckham cradles the ball with both feet on the ground in the end zone before the ball is swatted away, it's a no-catch.

I don't get it, I really don't.

I must not understand how the 'complete the play' rules are enforced.

Consider: We watch Cam Newton run the ball to the end zone. He leaps in the air and touches the right pylon with the ball as he sails past it.....and drops the ball before his body even touches the ground.

Official ruling?.....touchdown

Yet when Beckham cradles the ball with both feet on the ground in the end zone before the ball is swatted away, it's a no-catch.

I don't get it, I really don't.

Cam Newton already has possession of the ball in your hypothetical scenario. The second he breaks the goal line, it matters not what happens to the ball as long as he has total control when breaking the plane.

Beckham had the ball swatted away at the same time his second foot came down. He didn't have complete control.

I don't see how this one isn't a catch but the Golden Tate TD against the Bears where literally the same thing happened is a catch, though.

Cam Newton already has possession of the ball in your hypothetical scenario.

It wasn't hypothetical. I seen it. ;)

The second he breaks the goal line, it matters not what happens to the ball as long as he has total control when breaking the plane.

Okay, obviously that's the rule. Still, I don't really see the difference. If it doesn't matter what happens to the ball when Cam breaks the goal line with total control, I can't see why it matters once Beckham's feet touch the ground. For decades, that was ruled a TD......but no more.

Beckham had the ball swatted away at the same time his second foot came down. He didn't have complete control.

Nor did Cam Newton if he lost the ball before landing. Yes, I get the 'ball breaking the plane of the goal line' stuff, I just don't agree with it.

Of course, my disagreement and $2 will buy me a medium-sized Dunkin Donuts coffee tomorrow morning.

You could easily argue the rule itself but going by the rule book that wasn't a catch, not because of complete control but because Beckham didn't have the ball long enough to be established as a runner. Whether you're in the endzone or not you must have possession of the ball long enough that you can take a 3rd step and take off, Beckham lost that ball almost immediately after his second foot hit the ground so he didn't have the ball long enough that he could be established as a runner. If he caught the ball and had it long enough to take a 3rd step it would've been a touchdown, he didn't so it wasn't.

Personally, I don't particularly care for the rule, in my eyes that should be a catch but I had to swallow shit on a no-catch call last year when Dallas played Green Bay. It's not the same situation or anything but the NFL has some very picky rules around what constitutes as a catch and what doesn't. The rule is fucked but the call is correct.

I've never had a problem interpreting the rule and understand it just fine. But they definitely screw it up sometimes even by their own definition.

What's wrong with Green Bay? They lost to the Lions... in Lambeau!

It's baffling how bad Rodgers has played the last 3 weeks.

I have no idea what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back