2015-2016 NFL LD

A bunch of morons tomorrow:

"Yeah they're 7-0 but Peyton just isn't good enough anymore. I mean I know they've won every game they've played and just beat one of the two best teams in the league, but his stats suck and that's what tells you if you're good or not."

A bunch of morons tomorrow:

"Yeah they're 7-0 but Peyton just isn't good enough anymore. I mean I know they've won every game they've played and just beat one of the two best teams in the league, but his stats suck and that's what tells you if you're good or not."
You know the best part? Back when there was debate as to who was better, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, the Tom Brady people kept going back to "he's a winner" while the Peyton Manning people would marvel at his gaudy statistics. Now Peyton is playing winning football without the numbers and he sucks. Yet they didn't say Brady sucked back then.

Oh, and the Jets sucked in Oakland. When Oakland is not shit the Jets can't win there. Especially when Fitz goes down 4 minutes into the game and Geno Smith is unprepared. Hopefully with a week with the starters he won't be as terrible. Emphasis on hopefully.

You know the best part? Back when there was debate as to who was better, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, the Tom Brady people kept going back to "he's a winner" while the Peyton Manning people would marvel at his gaudy statistics. Now Peyton is playing winning football without the numbers and he sucks. Yet they didn't say Brady sucked back then.

Because Brady's statistics have never "sucked" at any point in his career? And he's never won less than 9 games in a season?

There's really not even a debate on that one anymore, is there? I haven't seen anyone try to say Manning is better than Brady in about 3 or 4 years now. And considering Peyton's decline this year (that's inarguable statistically speaking) and the fact that Brady has only gotten better with age, that argument is going to sound silly within a few years when Peyton is retired and Brady is still tossing 30 TDs a year. He's going to eclipse every record Peyton has by the time he's done. Add that he's only a year younger than Peyton and has had more serious injuries in the past and it only becomes more obvious who the better QB is. Plus, you know, rings and stuff.

If Tom Brady were putting up the same stats Manning was this year you can bet your ass that he'd be getting just as much (no, scratch that, MORE) negative publicity as Peyton has this year. The media would be fucking salivating, furiously *********ing at the mere thought of being able to shit on Brady and the Patriots for something, it's a national past time at this point.

Goodness gracious, the Broncos absolutely destroyed the Packers last night.

Aaron Rodgers threw for 77 YARDS!!!

Seriously, he is a HOF QB and easily Top 2, and he threw for that?!?!?!

That Broncos defense is definitely the best in the NFL.

Also, let me throw out some praise for Peyton Manning. I've been fairly critical of his play this year, but he did excellent last night.

Fuck Gregg Williams.

Fuck his cheap shot teaching ass.

Fuck Joyner.

But especially. Fuck Gregg Williams. What a piece of shit.

Season's over.

The Saints have the worst defense in the league. Brandon Browner specifically, this guy just can't do anything right. He can't cover anyone, he can't tackle, he can't NOT commit penalties.... he's a fucking nightmare and the absolute worst signing in this organization's history. The fact we keep him out there, I just don't get it. What is Rob Ryan thinking?

Man that was rough to watch. I'm such a big fan of Teddy, I hope he isn't out long term. Joyner should be hit with a pretty hefty fine after that.

I need a cigarette.

No that wouldn't do.

Someone shoot straight adrenaline into my veins please.

Season's over.

The Saints have the worst defense in the league. Brandon Browner specifically, this guy just can't do anything right. He can't cover anyone, he can't tackle, he can't NOT commit penalties.... he's a fucking nightmare and the absolute worst signing in this organization's history. The fact we keep him out there, I just don't get it. What is Rob Ryan thinking?

Browner is shit, he played for us last season and I've literally never seen one player commit more penalties in a single game or season.

Another win for the Pats who just keep rolling, though yet again, not an overly impressive one. We won 27-10 and the Redkins were really never even in the game from the beginning, but I didn't like some of what I saw in the second half. Still, until we actually get tested in any kind of serious way, there's no reason not to think another Super Bowl is possible this year. I'm just not overly confident on that one. Last time I was confident in a title was 07, and, well, we all know what happened there.

Another overtime game decided because of a coin toss.

Just give both teams a possession already, or is Goodell afraid that someone will sue him over that too?

Another overtime game decided because of a coin toss.

Just give both teams a possession already, or is Goodell afraid that someone will sue him over that too?

I hardly think Goodell's to blame for the rules of Sudden Death OT, seeing as he was about 16 years old when the rule was implemented.

Honestly the refs did everything they could to hand Dallas that game last night.

I have no empirical evidence to support this argument and I am completely talking out of my ass but I swear Gooddell has the refs helping teams get back in games. Comebacks feel more frequent in today's NFL and there always seems to be some referee involvement that helps that along.

I hardly think Goodell's to blame for the rules of Sudden Death OT, seeing as he was about 16 years old when the rule was implemented.

This isn't sudden death. It's sudden death if you score a touchdown but not if you score a field goal. I still have no idea who thought that was a good idea.

And, as I said last time, we might have won it had we won a coin toss. We never got the ball in overtime and it all came down to heads or tails.

If you can't win the game in 60 minutes, you don't deserve a win. If you can't prevent the other team from going 80 yards for a TD, you don't deserve a win.

KB's right on this one.

That said, do you really expect to win any battles of public opinion that supports the Cowboys for the next, oh, five years or so?

Note; I'm meaning people agreeing that the Cowboys have gotten screwed. You shall not find a non-Cowboys fan across the nation that is going to reasonably say you're right, because then you're supporting the wretched franchise that supported Greg Hardy.

No matter how right you are, the court of public opinion is going to essentially be "fuck the Cowboys". Now, more so than ever before.

KB's right on this one.

That said, do you really expect to win any battles of public opinion that supports the Cowboys for the next, oh, five years or so?

Note; I'm meaning people agreeing that the Cowboys have gotten screwed. You shall not find a non-Cowboys fan across the nation that is going to reasonably say you're right, because then you're supporting the wretched franchise that supported Greg Hardy.

No matter how right you are, the court of public opinion is going to essentially be "fuck the Cowboys". Now, more so than ever before.

It's been a cursed season for us and last night didn't help.

You're right on Hardy. I have no idea why Jones keeps supporting him but he should have been gone a long time ago.

KB's right on this one.

They are both wrong. They are not even having the same argument. KB is speaking in absolutes and BSE used the word 'deserve'. They should both have their balls sliced off.

Plus, you keep starting threads and then bailing on them. That makes me a sad panda.

They are both wrong. They are not even having the same argument. KB is speaking in absolutes and BSE used the word 'deserve'. They should both have their balls sliced off.

Plus, you keep starting threads and then bailing on them. That makes me a sad panda.

I can't even lie...I've totally forgotten which threads. Can you point them?

I think I've been more trying to avoid being that guy that flogs his dead horse threads until they're decayed.

TL;DR: I think my thread ideas are usually decent, but realize they're really poor in execution.

Also, FWIW; yeah, this seems to be a case of two different arguments, said in circles, as loud as possible. But the overtime rules are still stupid. And what's worse, the NFL knew they were stupid, went to reform them, but went halfway.

It's like putting in the tip, but not going balls deep.

Out of the 9 weeks played thus far this season, not including their bye week, Dallas has had a primetime slot for every week except for 1.

So yeah, I'm on the fuck the Cowboys train. No one gives a damn about these assholes or the garbage ass NFC East, yet they're constantly shoved down our throats week after week. Romo and Dez getting hurt made it all the worse. It's ridiculous how much the NFL and sports media caters to that organization.

Next week will be the first week since week 2 where the Cowboys won't be in primetime. But then starting again Thanksgiving, the Cowboys have 4 straight weeks of primetime slots, with only one being eligible to be flexed (which I doubt they exercise). This is not "America's team" anymore. I do not understand why they're so catered to.

Out of the 9 weeks played thus far this season, not including their bye week, Dallas has had a primetime slot for every week except for 1.

So yeah, I'm on the fuck the Cowboys train. No one gives a damn about these assholes or the garbage ass NFC East, yet they're constantly shoved down our throats week after week. Romo and Dez getting hurt made it all the worse. It's ridiculous how much the NFL and sports media caters to that organization.

Next week will be the first week since week 2 where the Cowboys won't be in primetime. But then starting again Thanksgiving, the Cowboys have 4 straight weeks of primetime slots, with only one being eligible to be flexed (which I doubt they exercise). This is not "America's team" anymore. I do not understand why they're so catered to.

I imagine it has to do with them having their fans spread out across the country, because no one wants to stay in the shithole that is Texas. And also because in the old days, they used to be the only team on television.

Same reason the Washington Racial Slurs get so much attention, in spite of being less relevant than the Tampa Bay fucking Buccaneers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back