1/7 WWE Monday Night Raw - The Great One Returns!

Cena v Rock at Wrestlemania XXIX...Twice in a Lifetime amirite?

I doubt that.. its too predictable.. I think if Cena can't beat Rock, and Punk can't beat rock.. then whomever beats rock at Wrestlemania will get a HUGE rub and become a star. If WWE is serious of making new stars .. then this NEEDS to happen as Rock won't be a long term Champ. After all how many people has Rock put over in the past to make them stars? I just think it will be someone no one is thinking of.. Maybe Ryback? Maybe Ziggler? Maybe someone else in the mid card.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing another HHH/Rock Feud for old times sake though..

First of all, speak for yourself.

Second of all, if you come out of that experience and still hate the Rock, I'm just going to have to assume you just don't get it. Maybe that's arrogance on my part - read: it's definitely arrogance on my part - but I don't even think it's possible, as a wrestling fan, to just straight up hate the Rock. To the point where him wrestling for the WWE Championship against CM Punk would ruin a PPV for you. It'll be interesting to see how you feel after experiencing it live and in person. I didn't really become a John Cena fan again until I saw Raw live in 2011.

I liked Rock a fair bit as a kid. I just don't dig his shtick now. If he was here actually full time, I'd be more forgiving of it. He just bores me now. I don't mind so much seeing him wrestle, I'm just going to be very upset if he wins. I'll be doubly upset if the match goes on last, after the Rumble.

I will say this: I'm a giant CM Punk mark, and I don't really want him to lose the WWE Championship to the Rock at the Royal Rumble... but at the same time, think about those words...

The Rock. WWE Champion.

I've been a wrestling fan for a decent amount of time, and this is one of those things I never expected to see again. I'm not going to try and be one of those annoying "insider" fans and say it'll ruin the business, or he doesn't deserve it, or it's a slap in Punk's face...because that's just stupid. It's god damn entertainment. If the Rock wins the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble, it's going to be HUGE!

Can you think of a good promo since this incarnation of Heel Punk has started where he hasn't said Best in The World, respect, hasn't had to talk about being held down or beating management? Exactly. I'm not saying his promo was bad but to say Punk is any less different from Rock when it comes to his usual promo stick (Make clever comment to reel fans and then insult them for cheering, say he's the best in the world and always has been,talk about opponent) is ridiculous.

Exactly! This is why I hate the IWC. Because they built up this imaginary us vs them demeanor and UN-rightfully made punk their mascot since his first pipe bomb. Now they see Punk as Mr. Can't Do Wrong, when he's the same as cena, rock, etc etc.

I doubt that.. its too predictable.. I think if Cena can't beat Rock, and Punk can't beat rock.. then whomever beats rock at Wrestlemania will get a HUGE rub and become a star. If WWE is serious of making new stars .. then this NEEDS to happen as Rock won't be a long term Champ.
Ryback maybe? They have been teasing him as champ for a while, screwing him out of it. He has been getting some decent pops. Having Ryback win the rumble and then win the title off Rock at Mania would be different.

It's on...Rock started slow but picked the pace up to be The Great One in the end.And Punk,well he was being Punk which made the best head to head promo in the last four-five months.I truly can't wait for next week.

Why next week? part 2 could very well be on Friday since Rock will be on Smackdown too.. and the Champ is allowed on both shows right?

Can you think of a good promo since this incarnation of Heel Punk has started where he hasn't said Best in The World, respect, hasn't had to talk about being held down or beating management? Exactly. I'm not saying his promo was bad but to say Punk is any less different from Rock when it comes to his usual promo stick (Make clever comment to reel fans and then insult them for cheering, say he's the best in the world and always has been,talk about opponent) is ridiculous.

theres a huge difference between cutting the same promo shtick for 4-5 months and the last 14 years

I liked Rock a fair bit as a kid. I just don't dig his shtick now. If he was here actually full time, I'd be more forgiving of it. He just bores me now. I don't mind so much seeing him wrestle, I'm just going to be very upset if he wins. I'll be doubly upset if the match goes on last, after the Rumble.

Well don't set yourself up for dissapointment. Expect both things you listed above to happen.

Ryback maybe? They have been teasing him as champ for a while, screwing him out of it. He has been getting some decent pops. Having Ryback win the rumble and then win the title off Rock at Mania would be different.

Having Ryback beat The Rock for the title at Wrestlemania might honestly be worse than a nude Iron Man Match between Khali and Dusty Rhodes, with Vicky as the guest ref.

I have heard many promos through out the years, but tonite I will have to admit is one of the best ones I have heard in a LONG time that was not rehearsed.... actually makes me want to watch Royal Rumble.... but then again, I will catch the highlights the following nite on Raw....

Well don't set yourself up for dissapointment. Expect both things you listed above to happen.

And I know it. :(

Part of me was expecting it to happen. That part of me wanted Ryback to win tonight, so I could leave early and get an early start on driving out to Vegas for Raw the following night. 8 hours of driving and a 3 hour PPV in one day? Enough to make anyone a tad pooped.

I have heard many promos through out the years, but tonite I will have to admit is one of the best ones I have heard in a LONG time that was not rehearsed.... actually makes me want to watch Royal Rumble.... but then again, I will catch the highlights the following nite on Raw....

Agreed it felt intense! (with and without the comedy jabs) .. What is there left for Punk to do as Champ? Be honest? he's beaten everyone.. I think if Rock becomes champ he changes the belt design.

The Main Event is the last match on. Period.

Wrong. The main event is the most important match of the night not last. You see this is the problem. So many wrestling fans are stuck with the ways things used to work and fail to realize that the industry has passed them years ago. Wrestlemaia 17 main event was not jericho vs hhh but rock vs hogan and shawn vs taker 1 was definitely the main event of their wrestlemania no matter where on the card they went.

Wrong. The main event is the most important match of the night not last. You see this is the problem. So many wrestling fans are stuck with the ways things used to work and fail to realize that the industry has passed them years ago. Wrestlemaia 17 main event was not jericho vs hhh but rock vs hogan and shawn vs taker 1 was definitely the main event of their wrestlemania no matter where on the card they went.

Even Rock and Hogan were shocked at the reaction they got. It was the best match of the night in hindsight, but if it was the main event it would have gone on last. Shawn v Taker did better than they thought. They rectified that mistake by putting it on last the year after.

No. They wrestled 3 times. 15, 17 and 19. And 19 wasn't the main event.

Rock v Austin was XXV and XXVII. WM 2000 was in the middle.

I stand corrected :)

I still think Rock will face a fresh face (not as in heel/face) in the mainevent at Wrestlemania and drop the strap to them then... launching them to stardom.. But who is next in line that could make that leap? The only ones I can think of is Ryback (which will be another face/face feud so I doubt that will happen...) maybe Ziggler? Who else coul possibly be waiting in the wings for this feud?..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back