1/7 WWE Monday Night Raw - The Great One Returns!

Even Rock and Hogan were shocked at the reaction they got. It was the best match of the night in hindsight, but if it was the main event it would have gone on last. Shawn v Taker did better than they thought. They rectified that mistake by putting it on last the year after.

but we're not talking about reaction, we're talking most important match of the night. rock vs hogan was build on the wm 17 posters as icon vs icon and not hhh vs jericho. it was the most important match of the night and the main event no matter where on the card they went.

but we're not talking about reaction, we're talking most important match of the night. rock vs hogan was build on the wm 17 posters as icon vs icon and not hhh vs jericho. it was the most important match of the night and the main event no matter where on the card they went.
Don't you mean 18?

Rock and Punk should do a Fingerpoke of Doom at the R Rumble. Rock becomes leader of Shield, laughs at the fans, and manipulates the rules to insert a clause that if he retains his title at Mania, then he can defend it whenever he wants, even if he's away for 6 months making movies. And there's nothing the fans can do about it.

Punk will be his right hand man during this reign of terror. We all will hate the Rock and Shield.

Then Ryback beats him at Mania for the title, making him a hero.

Maybe DDP comes out of retirement and gives us the Peoples Champion versus Peoples Champion storyline thats 15 years late that people have wanted to see. ;)

I stand corrected :)

I still think Rock will face a fresh face (not as in heel/face) in the mainevent at Wrestlemania and drop the strap to them then... launching a new career.. But who is next in line that could make that leap? The only ones I can think of is Ryback (which will be another face/face feud so I doubt that will happen...) maybe Ziggler? Who else coul possibly be waiting in the wings for this feud?

This feud has been brewing since July 2011, it seems like a waste to me to have it blow off after 3 weeks of actual building at Royal Rumble. It'd be really swell if this could go on for longer if they can look at tonight, work really hard at what didn't work and what did, and then go forward and have a long feud.

The match I really want at WM is Punk v Cena for the belt, with Cena finally ending the reign. But that probably won't happen.

Most of last year's Cena/Rock promos kicked the crap out of this Punk/Rock promo by the way.

I only recall one Rock/Cena promo being better than that and it was the one where Rock approached Cena and told him he was going to rip his throat out.

Ignoring the rest of the show, I couldn't care who wins, that promo and their chemistry is awesome. "Your boxing with God," my jaw slightly dropped, just a bit when he said that. It takes balls to imply your God. I also remember Muhammed Ali once using that phrase in the build up to a fight of his.

I don't understand why people are on The Rock about his shtick. It was by design. He didn't do "Finally," he went straight at Punk and began using it so Punk could throw it back in his face. Cena brought up the shtick too, what does it matter.

Their tone to me is much more personal than Rock/Cena, it helps that Punk is a full fledged heel. He can be more adventurous and if that's the beginning of this I can't wait for the end. I don't know who'll win, right now I don't care, that for me met expectations.

This feud has been brewing since July 2011, it seems like a waste to me to have it blow off after 3 weeks of actual building at Royal Rumble. It'd be really swell if this could go on for longer if they can look at tonight, work really hard at what didn't work and what did, and then go forward and have a long feud.

The match I really want at WM is Punk v Cena for the belt, with Cena finally ending the reign. But that probably won't happen.

I think Undertaker will be entertaining either Cena or Punk this year since we could get HHH/Lesnar again retiring HHH.

I think Undertaker will be entertaining either Cena or Punk this year since we could get HHH/Lesnar again retiring HHH.

Rock v Taker would be more interesting, to me. But the four of those guys together could all be swell, however they decide to put them together. HHH v Lesnar has to happen, as underwhelming as Summerslam's encounter was.

This show stunk until the third hour.

Punk's "pipe bomb" didn't have quite the pop it did in Vegas, which shouldn't surprise anyone. If it does... fuck off.

Punkeye the Crackhead had me rolling. Hey, Punk fanboys - it's okay to admit he looks like a crackhead. Seriously, admit the guy looks like absolute shit. You'll feel honest.

Punk's better with the serious stuff (which is usually pretty hilarious) and Rocky's the better hype man. Rocky was never great with the serious stuff, so that shouldn't shock anyone. He's a caricature, a clown. That also led to him being one of the five most successful wrestlers of all time.

If you think Rocky needs to get off the catchphrases, you have no idea what you're talking about. That's what made him famous. Why in the holy blue fuck would he drop what people love? Not everyone's an emo little bitch like Punk, sorry to say. Some guys are better at being high energy instead of looking like suicide is right around the corner. Rock has his game, Punk has his.

Again, I enjoyed the last hour and that's about it.

I hope not. I am tired of Cena being the champion. 10 reigns is enough, time to build up new stars.

To me, Cena and Punk is a fantastic rivalry where Punk has gotten the better of Cena nearly every single time. A title reign like Punk's should end at Wrestlemania, and who better than Punk's only true rival of note that is still in the E?

Got to say I enjoyed the promo on both ends tonight. The internet is the worst thing to happen to wrestling because everybody bitches about absolutely everything. The truth is, the reason some of you don't enjoy Rock's "schtick" anymore is because you've grown up. I also don't think Rock's jokes are as "in" as they were in 1999 if you will, but that's neither here nor there really. Why not? Because who honestly expected anything different from The Rock than the jokes he made? If you did you're delusional (no pun intended.) The cookiepuss thing was lame sure, but it just shows the total undeniable proof that The Rock can get the fans to chant the most lame ass things. His style obviously still works whether it's mostly based on nostalgia or not. He could always do that really. So overall, if anybody came in with realistic expectations you knew Rock would make some corny jokes. Punk done great too, but I thought the boxing with god line was stupid. I don't care what anybody says. I don't listen to rap music like NAS so I don't really care where the quote came from. The line fell flat. Other than that, great job on both ends. But I wouldn't be too quick to vault it above everything Rock and Cena done last year. Not much really.

Just as a sidenote, I sided with Cena last year. Hopefully you can all read between the lines a little bit, and figure out what I mean by that because I'm not explaining it.

To me, Cena and Punk is a fantastic rivalry where Punk has gotten the better of Cena nearly every single time. A title reign like Punk's should end at Wrestlemania, and who better than Punk's only true rival of note that is still in the E?
How about the guy who has been screwed out of the title for months, Ryback?

How about the guy who has been screwed out of the title for months, Ryback?

The SHIELD and Ryback seem destined for each other at Mania. His attention should fully shift to them at this point. I won't be shocked if he eliminates all 3 at the Rumble, then they come back in and toss him out.

Also, Ryback ending the title reign just doesn't seem as climactic as Cena doing it. Not sure why. Something about Cena winning a big match at Mania for the first time in years, for the title no less, just...fits.

Tonight was Kaitlyn's sixth title shot? :O

CM Punk "won", but not by much. I loved the boxing with God line, it was cocky.

Currently listening to VOW. The second caller was a waste of a minute for asking if tonight's "pipebomb" was a shoot or worked. :disappointed: It wasn't as bad as the kid who called in on Over the Top at AngryMarks to ask Lance Storm how to gain 100 pounds of muscle mass in a year; and he supposedly had a Randy Orton physique. :lmao:

This show stunk until the third hour.

Punk's "pipe bomb" didn't have quite the pop it did in Vegas, which shouldn't surprise anyone. If it does... fuck off.

Punkeye the Crackhead had me rolling. Hey, Punk fanboys - it's okay to admit he looks like a crackhead. Seriously, admit the guy looks like absolute shit. You'll feel honest.

Punk's better with the serious stuff (which is usually pretty hilarious) and Rocky's the better hype man. Rocky was never great with the serious stuff, so that shouldn't shock anyone. He's a caricature, a clown. That also led to him being one of the five most successful wrestlers of all time.

If you think Rocky needs to get off the catchphrases, you have no idea what you're talking about. That's what made him famous. Why in the holy blue fuck would he drop what people love? Not everyone's an emo little bitch like Punk, sorry to say. Some guys are better at being high energy instead of looking like suicide is right around the corner. Rock has his game, Punk has his.

Again, I enjoyed the last hour and that's about it.

Yes I agree! Why does everyone want to see fucking shoots all the time? You don't have to shoot to entertain. Are you that fucking hungry to know what's going on behind the scenes? If wrestling is the circus (which it is) and you watch it to be entertained would you rather watch someone walk across a tight rope while juggling bowling balls or hear the clown tell everyone that he deserves a bigger paycheck?

They didn't watch back then, the more likely answer.

Yes! It surprises me how much people didn't watch wrestling back in the days. I learned this in 2010 when bret came back and a lot of people (off the internet) were like who the fuck is this guy?

Their tone to me is much more personal than Rock/Cena, it helps that Punk is a full fledged heel. He can be more adventurous and if that's the beginning of this I can't wait for the end. I don't know who'll win, right now I don't care, that for me met expectations.
I disagree, Rock-cena was definitely more personal. Rock's promos on cena were mostly shoots, telling everyone what we all knew, but what WWE was afraid to admit: that cena sucks, and has been shoved down our throats.

This feud is typical heel/face. Not personal. Kinda weak. A rock heel turn would be an awesome way to end it, and troll the WWEverse.

let's be honest this is punks biggest feud ever. for 414 days all of his feuds have felt like filler. i feel like punk knows that this is his time to turn it up and rock knows how good punk is so he's also gonna do the same. this is already better than cena vs rock

The second caller was a waste of a minute for asking if tonight's "pipebomb" was a shoot or worked. :disappointed:

I had to deal with this on Twitter. Nothing Punk said broke kayfabe. It's annoying even when speaking normal everyday English when someone uses a word yet don't have the slightest clue what it means. I asked someone what the definition of kayfabe was and he said it was breaking your character, and that because Punk admitted that wrestling is all about making money, he broke it.

It wasn't a shoot or a worked shoot, it was just a very blunt heel promo. I was expecting worse, I thought he'd delve into The Rock selling out and trying to use it against him, but I still got what I bargained for.

honestly speaking punks promo before the rock came out was better than the one he said when rock was in the ring. the arms too short line would have been better if i didn't hear it 3 times a day on my ipod.

Anyone that didn't like Punk's boxing with God line is an idiot! Except Dowds, because I like Dowds.

Alright, if you didn't like that line that doesn't automatically make you an idiot, but I thought it was an amazing line. It was a very poetic way of showing just how delusional CM Punk has become.

Well shucks :blush:

The line itself is alright, but it didn't really suit Punk. Especially when he's looking up at Rock and talking about reach.

And where did Heyman go? Did he need to choke a production crew bitch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back