WWE SD! LD On 6/3: A Rematch That's Been...Nine Months In The Making!

Vincent Michaels

My weapon of choice? A green onion.
Last Week:
sd_614_photo_133.jpg

From Dreamer to Something Meaner

SPOKANE, Washington – Five days after Randy Orton crushed Christian’s dream of regaining the World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Over the Limit, Sheamus battled to the front of the pack, capturing an opportunity at WWE’s Apex Predator’s World Title.

Sheamus became the No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Title
Christian, Mark Henry and Sheamus clashed in a Triple Threat Match for the right to face Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship. But, when Henry opted to shove the observing Orton at ringside, The Viper jumped into the squared circle and delivered a devastating RKO to The World’s Strongest Man. In doing so, he inadvertently distracted the referee, preventing Christian from getting the three-count on Sheamus. Before Captain Charisma could regroup, the reinvigorated Celtic Warrior leveled him with a big boot, covering him for the huge victory. As a result of the whirlwind battle, Orton will put his title on the line against two-time former WWE Champion Sheamus next week on SmackDown.

Alicia Fox & Tamina def. A.J. & Kaitlyn
With Natalya in their corner, WWE NXT alumni A.J. and Kaitlyn reunited in Divas tag team action. Despite a tough effort by the battling beauties, “A-Fox” ultimately triumphed over Kaitlyn – utilizing a high-octane scissor kick made famous by WWE Legend and SmackDown color commentator, Booker T.

Booker T poked fun at Michael Cole
Four days after Michael Cole made a grand apology on Monday Night Raw for his despicable actions in recent months, Booker T called him into the ring. The former World Champion took great pleasure ridiculing the uncharacteristically humble announcer, displaying a picture of Cole kissing Jerry Lawler’s barbecue-sauce-covered feet at WWE Over the Limit and leading the WWE Universe in a “kiss my feet” chant.

Kane def. The Great Khali
Already in a “nasty” mood over losing the WWE Tag Team Titles, and the injuries sustained by his tag team partner Big Show four days earlier on Monday Night Raw, The Big Red Monster overcame The Great Khali in an all-out “Monster's Brawl,” unleashing a vicious attack on his gigantic foe from the top rope. Afterward, Jinder Mahal emerged, admonishing the defeated Khali in Punjabi before once again slapping him. When Mahal and Ranjin Singh got in each others’ faces, Khali stepped in. Then, without warning, Khali put the Vise Grip on his own brother. After leaving Singh completely incapacitated, Khali shocked the WWE Universe by leaving the ring with Mahal.

Ezekiel Jackson def. Heath Slater by Disqualification
After Jackson put Heath Slater in the painful backbreaker, Wade Barrett and Justin Gabriel stormed down to ringside to save him, drawing the disqualification. But, “The Personification of Domination” held his ground in powerful fashion, taking out all three of his former Corre cohorts.

Daniel Bryan def. Cody Rhodes
Countering the Cross Rhodes at the last second, Daniel Bryan forced Cody Rhodes to tap-out to the Lebell Lock. Moments after the bell, Bryan was blind-sided by his bitter foe. After punishing his war-torn target with a massive assault that culminated in the Cross Rhodes, Rhodes added insult to injury by putting a paper bag on the fallen Superstar’s head.

Sin Cara def. Chavo Guerrero
Following his loss to Sin Cara at WWE Over the Limit five days ago, Chavo Guerrero demanded a rematch. Despite another strong effort by the self-proclaimed “Mexican Warrior,” his masked adversary once again triumphed, using his extreme athleticism to drive Chavo’s head to the canvas with incredible force.

SmackDown GM Theodore Long made a Triple Threat No. 1 Contender’s Match
After their epic championship showdown at WWE Over the Limit, Christian congratulated Randy Orton on his victory and asked him for another rematch. When Sheamus and Mark Henry took issue, Teddy Long came forth to lay down the law. Listening to the WWE Universe – who insisted in one voice that Christian still deserved a title opportunity – the SmackDown GM declared that the three challengers would battle it out in a Triple Threat main event to see who would face The Viper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight:
20110526_sd_orton_sheamus_l.jpg

Formidable Fella

Tonight on Syfy (8/7 CT), Randy Orton defends the World Heavyweight Championship against No. 1 contender Sheamus. Plus, Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett takes on Ezekiel Jackson in an Intercontinental Title rematch.

Find out this and more, on WWE Friday Night SmackDown! on The SyFy Network!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

cpunishment.jpg

No Matches Have Been Announced For The SD! Side...Yet.

Hoping for a good show tonight. Oh great...Mark Henry. And...he's smiling? I thought he was a heel? Oh, Matthews explained it. I'm glad there is one good WWE commentator.

Anyone else find it funny Booker stood up for Christian by saying it's about ratings when Vince took away Christian's title because he doesn't think he can get ratings?

Actually Booker, it looked like a crossbody, not a missile dropkick.

And yay, Christian wins!

Fuck my sinuses, they've ruined another Friday night for me.

I'm here for this now I guess. Since the cold fairy decided to smack me in the face around 2PM today. Decent squash match for Christian there, glad they're still giving him those kinds of wins.

Christian is way too happy. It's rather unsettling. He really needs to go heel.

This is one of the very few cases where I don't want a guy to turn heel. The fans have finally latched onto Christian in huge numbers to the point where he's easily one of the top 3 babyfaces in the company right now behind Orton and Cena. If anything they're dying to boo the fuck out of Orton for stealing his thunder.

So, of course, I'm sure Christian will turn heel at some point, ruining all of this babyface heat he's built up over the last few months.

I'd love a heel Christian too Moz, but SD! needs some faces too. Unless they wanna bump DB to the main event. And I doubt that'll happen.

Uh, Teddy, you're the GM. You can reverse a measly ref's decision.

This is one of the very few cases where I don't want a guy to turn heel. The fans have finally latched onto Christian in huge numbers to the point where he's easily one of the top 3 babyfaces in the company right now behind Orton and Cena. If anything they're dying to boo the fuck out of Orton for stealing his thunder.

So, of course, I'm sure Christian will turn heel at some point, ruining all of this babyface heat he's built up over the last few months.

I agree with this also. It took them long enough to build Christian as a face. It took them long enough to build Christian at all.

You can smell the screwjob coming.

Here's to hoping for some more Daniel Bryan goodness tonight.

AJ and Kaitlyn time! Fuck year!

I want to take AJ to the prom. Some prom.

I don't care what people think, Alicia is hot. And yeah, the Harts might as well own pink.

The relationship is that their heels. That seems to be the only relationship WWE needs with divas.

Damnit. C'mon, give AJ and Kaitlyn the win! Tamina and Alicia Fox are irrelevant these days.

So much LOL at the Bella Twins being front and center in that anti-bullying ad after they came out and blatantly bullied Kharma for being fat on RAW this week.

Good job Dubya Dubya E. :thumbsup:

So since when is Tamina a heel again? I thought she was with Santino? Was it ever resolved, or is WWE being lazy again?

And I think this AJ, Kaitlyn, Natalya thing may lead to a storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back