WWE RAW LD 1/30/2012 - It's Written In His Face

I wouldn't be surprised if they do what they did with Michaels and Taker a few years back but reverse the roles where Taker is antagonizing Hunter to take the fight.

And I wouldn't hate it if the match did happen. Last year was ok, not great but I want Taker to keep his streak alive and there aren't many options out there who could put on a decent match and still afford a loss and it not kill their momentum

It could very well be pity. Just not the first impression I got from it.

I like the idea of HHH feeling he gave he had everything to give, but there's two flaws with it, as I see it. One, he seemed awfully cocky about it back at the Slammys. Two, I can't see them extending that for more than a week or two before Undertaker goads him into the match. Still, we'll see how it plays at. If nothing else they've certainly got me excited for next week.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do what they did with Michaels and Taker a few years back but reverse the roles where Taker is antagonizing Hunter to take the fight.

The do seem to be going in that direction.

At this point Taker is only going to want to work with top, established guys. He isn't going to risk taking on a younger guy and having a bad match when this could very well be his last Mania.

The Super Fun, Happy Horror Hour (or Two)
Question-a-Thon!

Will Sheamus choose who he he's going to face at WrestleMania tonight?
Will we see matches made for the Elimination Chamber?
Will Triple H fire Johnny Ace?
Will we see yet more camp horror action and drama with Kane, Cena, Ryder and Eve?
Will Jericho resume being JeriTroll?
Will more groundwork for WrestleMania be laid tonight?
Will Kharma's return be a permanent event?
Will the Pterodactyl continue break out as the next hip dance groove?
Oh, plus some SmackDown guys may appear.

No
Yes
No
Yes
Yes, JeriTroll'd a potential 5-star match
Yes
No
Hell No
Yep

Damn good raw tonight The best in a pretty long time. I really enjoyed the entire show from top to bottom. I know some of you are absolutely hating the Cena-Kane feud but the angle they did tonight I enjoyed. So I'd give raw tonight an A-. Great wrestling throughout and a shocking return by the undertaker.

In all seriousness, it's a damn shame that it seems Taker and Cena will never have a proper feud and Mania match, while there were many years where they had the chance to do so. Cena is the ONLY person that would leave me any doubt of a Taker win. That match has needed to happen for a long time now.

In hindsight, maybe they should have done it last year and done the Taker/Trips thing this time in what I'm guessing will be Taker's curtain call

I just don't want to see it again is all.

Nobody wanted to see it last year. Then 4 months later It also gets regarded highly as one of the top 3 matches of the year last year. It actually should be match of the year, but Punk vs. Cena at MITB was too awesome of a story not to be into.

People will bitch about it while its starting, and then when it's rolling theyll eventually jump on the bandwagon so they don't feel left out .

In all seriousness, it's a damn shame that it seems Taker and Cena will never have a proper feud and Mania match, while there were many years where they had the chance to do so. Cena is the ONLY person that would leave me any doubt of a Taker win. That match has needed to happen for a long time now.

In hindsight, maybe they should have done it last year and done the Taker/Trips thing this time in what I'm guessing will be Taker's curtain call

It will be at Wrestlemania 29, I can almost guarantee it. I'm willing to say that Cena will be the one to break the streak and it will be Taker's retirement match, saying something like "nobody is bigger than the WWE"

Regardless, looks like HHH v. Taker is pretty much a couple weeks of storyline away from being confirmed.

I just don't want to see it again is all.

I can understand that. On a much smaller scale, Tyson Kidd and Yoshi had a series of matches on Superstars a little while back and while they were solid matches after about the 3rd one they started reusing spots.

Like I said it isn't exactly the same and Taker and Hunter have had time in between but I can understand why you woulndt

No matter how many times he does the dramatic return, it never gets old for me. The gong, the lights go out, and it's mark out time, all over again. I think Taker/Trips III will be epic again. Granted, it wouldn't be my first choice, but any time we get to see the Deadman put the streak on the line is all right with me.

Nobody wanted to see it last year. Then 4 months later It also gets regarded highly as one of the top 3 matches of the year last year. It actually should be match of the year, but Punk vs. Cena at MITB was too awesome of a story not to be into.

People will bitch about it while its starting, and then when it's rolling theyll eventually jump on the bandwagon so they don't feel left out .

Completely agree with you people act like this is a match that happens all the time. The build for it will be great and im pretty sure they'll put on an awesome match that will have us talking. Besides people were bitching about Taker-Hbk at mania 26 and it turned out to still be damn good.

I understand next year is there, and Taker will always be one of my favorites. But did anyone notice how tiny he looked compared to normal? Or was that just my eyes playing tricks?

No, Cena/Taker needed to happen when Taker could still carry matches and make anyone look great. I'm not sure this Taker will be the same we've come to know

ETA: For the record, I hope Taker proves me completely wrong and still he's still as good in the ring as he was

I understand next year is there, and Taker will always be one of my favorites. But did anyone notice how tiny he looked compared to normal? Or was that just my eyes playing tricks?

No, Cena/Taker needed to happen when Taker could still carry matches and make anyone look great. I'm not sure this Taker will be the same we've come to know

I think it was your eyes maybe because he looked the same to me. Except the hair. He should be in great condition seemingly how he had close to a year off. In previous years he was coming off a lot of injuries going into mania.

Taker can wrestle whatever style he needs to have a good match. Next year won't be any different, Cena or not. I think we're close to the end, but if he's only wrestling once per year, I see no reason to not have faith in his ability to put on a 20-25 minute classic. Until he actually has a shitty match, I have faith.

Taker can wrestle whatever style he needs to have a good match. Next year won't be any different, Cena or not. I think we're close to the end, but if he's only wrestling once per year, I see no reason to not have faith in his ability to put on a 20-25 minute classic. Until he actually has a shitty match, I have faith.

Fair enough, and I will hold out hope and we'll see in Miami

His rotator cuff is shot to the point where surgery wont do a thing. How the fuck is he gonna work this match.

Who? The Undertaker?

If that's who you're talking about, here's my answer - you don't know that. Not trying to be an asshole, but you don't. I'm guessing you've read some reports saying so, but that doesn't mean those reports are accurate. If they didn't think he would be ready to go by April, he wouldn't be around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back