WWE RAW LD 2/20/2012 - He Has Risen

Officially:

Punk vs Jericho
HHH vs Taker in HIAC
Bryan vs Sheamus
Rock vs Cena

at Wrestlemania. Let's just have these 4 matches, give each one 45 minutes, and go home happy! Whose with me?

NO. NOT BARRETT. DAMMIT NOT HIM.

this fucking sucks ass. btw, were the crowd clapping for barrett at the end or punk/jericho?

It never fails to amaze me that people think that the Rock is going to be around CONSTANTLY because of that one comment. I mean seriously, people actually think that Rock is coming back full time? Get real, he has a different career but he has stayed involved for the entire past year.

No one expects Rock to back full time. But don't act like you care about the fans when you do everything in your power to stray away from Professional wrestling when you retire. Stone Cold does part-time in the WWE. But he isn't afraid to embrace what brought him to the level of fame he has in the world. And don't say Rock has been around this entire year. He was here a few times after Mania, a couple before Survivor Series, and now next week. That's counting when he brought it, via webcam.

BTW, what has Cena did that is so great for the fans other than give someone for most of us to boo. Honestly, if Cena left the business tomorrow I would care less.

Oh, other than donating the majority of his spare time to the make-a-wish and other charities. If he isn't in the ring, he is with his fans base. He doesn't do it for his character, he doesn't do for his ego. He does it because it is the right thing to do. Cena is the most popular wrestler because of his boy-scout attitude of doing the right thing. And he is proud of that.

The Super Fun, Hokey (Yet Hilarious) Hour (or Two)
Question-a-Thon!

Will the Rock go face-to-face with John Cena?
Will we begin to see the grand plan for WrestleMania begin to unfold?
Will there be a drastic change in the Undertaker's look?
Will Triple H continue to say no?
Will T.G.O.A.D.T.H.J.L.B.P.G.M.* make an appearance tonight?
Will we see some surprise appearances and/or returns?
Will CM Punk and Chris Jericho's feud continue to roll on?
Will we discover if the Funkasaurus is extinct?
And we may well see some dudes from SmackDown on here too.

*The Guild of Antagonists Dedicated to Helping John Laurinaitis Become Permanent General Manager

Postponed until next week.
Yes.
Yes, from long hair to a hood.
No.
No, but there was a Teddy Long sighting .
No.
Yes.
Yep, dead as the Dodo Bird.
Yes.

Okay, this is gonna sound very very wrong, but I think Kofi messed up his knee, Barrett's got a broken arm, and I think Dolph might have a concussion from the table bump.

Apart from that, great show. The only thing really missing was a Kharma sighting. And dude, if there was such thing as a Hell In A Cell dream match, it's Taker/Trips.

If there is any doubt that Wade is injured watch the last minute of raw Jericho asks the referee outside the ring right before the show ends what happened to Wade. I don't know what the ref said but it's pretty obvious he is really injured and it looks like the Ziggler and Kofi got banged up too.

The main event killed the upper mid-card.

Wade Barrett suffered a serious arm injury catching Dolph Ziggler who was thrown over the top rope by Big Show during the main event Battle Royal on Raw.

You could see Barrett holding his right arm and furious immediately knowing he suffered a serious injury. An "X" was signaled and doctors rushed to the scene as the match went on. Making it worse, is that when Santino Marella was thrown over the top, he landed on Barrett's possibly broken arm. Ziggler was also hurt when his shoulder and arm crashed on the table and R-Truth needed help going to the back.

Kofi Kington was probably not hurt but when he was thrown out he had to change his trajectory to avoid Vickie Guerrero and had an ugly crash into the boards.

Cody Rhodes, who came into the match hurt from last night with a right thigh or hamstring injury, was limping badly and was hurt worse when he did a Disaster kick and the leg gave out. However he got up and had several more spots to do including play a hand in helping eliminate Show which allowed Jericho to win the match.

We'll update later tonight.

The main event killed the upper mid-card.

I didn't think Kofi's fall looked that bad but it looks like I'm wrong and as for Rhodes - depends on the seriousness of the aggravation. Could have torn something.
Barrett is effectively done for Wrestlemania with that broken arm. Ziggler will be working hurt/lighter schedule. R-Truth will be doing crazy promos and not much talking.

So half of the participants that would likely make up a Money in the Bank ladder match could be out of said match.

No one expects Rock to back full time. But don't act like you care about the fans when you do everything in your power to stray away from Professional wrestling when you retire. Stone Cold does part-time in the WWE. But he isn't afraid to embrace what brought him to the level of fame he has in the world. And don't say Rock has been around this entire year. He was here a few times after Mania, a couple before Survivor Series, and now next week. That's counting when he brought it, via webcam.

OK, you contradict yourself here, you say no one expects Rock to be at every show, but then you say that I am wrong in saying that he has been around for most of the year....what the heck exactly do you expect, because you don't expect every show, but you expect more than periodic appearances...I am not sure I know what that is.

Oh, other than donating the majority of his spare time to the make-a-wish and other charities. If he isn't in the ring, he is with his fans base. He doesn't do it for his character, he doesn't do for his ego. He does it because it is the right thing to do. Cena is the most popular wrestler because of his boy-scout attitude of doing the right thing. And he is proud of that.

Oh yeah, how could I forget...doing Make a Wish means you have done more for the fans than anyone else! Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Now knowing that WWE has worked with Make a Wish for MANY years, I guess this has nothing to do with John Cena being OBLIGATED to do it does it? I am not saying Cena is a decent guy, or that he wouldn't do this if it wasn't probably part of his job, but I am asking how he has done more for wrestling fans than a guy who, along side people like Stone Cold and D-X, lead the industry through its most popular period ever thus paving the road for the WWE as we know it today. I am thinking maybe I am not following here or we are talking about two different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back