WWE RAW LD 2/27/2012 - We've Heard About Cena Rising Above Hate, But Can Dwayne?

FunKay the Inevitable

People Like Me, We Don't Play
LAST WEEK!
The Big Four Were Announced
20120220_raw_jerichowins_r.jpg

As with every WrestleMania, you have to have a somewhat stellar looking main set of matches to attract an audience, and this year is no different. In fact, one could argue it's been better than many other recent years. We all know about Cena/Rock, but Hell in a Cell was ushered in as one heck of a semi-Main Event, Sheamus will target Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Championship, and Chris Jericho one car-crash of a battle royale to become #1 contender for CM PUnk's WWE Championship.

Broski's Before Hoeski's
20120220_raw_v_eve_cries_l.jpg

John Cena was in fine form last week, first defeating Kane in an Ambulance match, then destroying Eve verbally on the mic and finally, trashing the Rock, which earned him a standing ovation. Cena's stepped it up as we hit the final stretch on the Road to WrestleMania.

Ace vs. Long Featuring Bryan vs. Punk!
20120221_sd_punk_dbrian_l.jpg

Thanks to John Laurinaitis and Theodore Long's involvement, SuperSmackDown's Champion vs. Champion main event ended in a sea of controversy. The Interim General Manager for Monday Night RAW (and Executive Vice President of Talent Relations) has hinted at a rematch for tonight's edition of RAW though.

TONIGHT!
He's Back...Again...
20120220_raw_rock_promo_r.jpg

What will The Rock have in store for his WrestleMania XXVIII opponent, John Cena? Tune in tonight at 9/8 CT live on USA Network.

In Five Weeks...
[YOUTUBE]AkjWnf8ZuLQ&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

The Super Fun, Hokey (Yet Hilarious) Hour (or Two)
Question-a-Thon!
Will the Rock be able to respond to John Cena in a serious manner, or are we asking too much?
Will this be the Rock or Dwayne Johnson speaking to us?
Will Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk III take place tonight?
Will there be a continued tease on the Undertaker's hair situation?
Will we see some solid build for the two World championship matches at WrestleMania?
Will we learn of any new Hall of Fame inductees?
Will Long vs. Ace continue to be compelling, yet hilarious?
Will the undercard begin to take shape ahead of WrestleMania?
Oh, and Randy Orton is rumoured to be featuring on tonight's show!

Whatever happens, I just hope tonight ends with more than just the standard Rock Bottom to John Cena. Cena made a pretty good statement last week that got a lot of people talking. Let's hope Rock can do the same. Will it get physical? Maybe...

As for the GM situation, I hope they start drawing lines this week. Maybe even going as far as setting up the match at WM28. I would guess they'd wait a week to announce the teams, assuming they go that route.

I'm hoping we don't get a Catchphrase laced promo from the Rock tonight. That shits been cute for the last 11 months, but it's time for this thing to get serious.

Also hoping for a serious Dwayne promo. Also hoping for more depth in the Jericho/Punk thing. It's been good so far but we need more than these drawn out staredowns that end in nothing.

I can't wait for Raw tonight. The Rock will be there so good mic work will be on display, plus Punk/Bryan III is going to be an epic match.

Just rewatched Cena's promo in preparation for tonight. I have to say again...if Cena was like that more and not so happy go lucky all the time, he'd get Austin levels of love

Will the Rock be able to respond to John Cena in a serious manner, or are we asking too much?

Will he be able to? If Cena can do it, so can Rock, and that goes for anything and everything wrestling related. Rock's been toying with Cena, basically letting us know Cena isn't on Rock's level. Will he begin to really throw bombs? We'll see.

Will this be the Rock or Dwayne Johnson speaking to us?

I hope both.

Will Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk III take place tonight?

I hope not. Loved what they've given us so far, but I'll some variety this time around.

Will there be a continued tease on the Undertaker's hair situation?

I doubt we'll see his head before Mania, so yeah.

Will we see some solid build for the two World championship matches at WrestleMania?

I would sure as shit hope so.

Will we learn of any new Hall of Fame inductees?

Maybe, and I doubt he/she will mean much.

Will Long vs. Ace continue to be compelling, yet hilarious?

Yes.

Will the undercard begin to take shape ahead of WrestleMania?

I would hope so.

Oh, and Randy Orton is rumoured to be featuring on tonight's show!

Fucking better be. I have an awful feeling he's going to be toward the bottom of the card this year, and it's bothering me. A lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back