WWE RAW LD 2/27/2012 - We've Heard About Cena Rising Above Hate, But Can Dwayne?

Discussion Question: Cena vs. Rock is being presented as battle of the generations, and Punk vs. Jericho is being presented as the same, while Taker vs. HHH is being treated as the end of an era. I'm sensing an overarching theme of conflict of generations, a "past vs. present" theme if you will. What do you think?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this mentioned on WZ news a few months back? Creative wanted this WM to represent a generational shift... at least that's how I remember the news to be.

Hmm Rock says he is wrestling at NEXT years Wrestlemania. Would you like to see another HHH/Rock feud?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this mentioned on WZ news a few months back? Creative wanted this WM to represent a generational shift... at least that's how I remember the news to be.

Maybe, but I'm really enjoying how they are working this past vs. present motif, even in HHH vs. Taker, where Trips was forced to reconcile his past as a ruthless champion with his present as a professional businessman.

If Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny goes down at Wrestlemania, I'd like to see R Truth, Ryder, Santino and Foley team up. The promos would be great, and they'd get a huge pop. Plus it makes sense. Well, maybe Truth's involvement doesn't at the moment...but neither does his character.

As much as I love The Rock, I kinda hope he's not wrestling next year if it means Stone Cold will.

Take this for what you will

During WWE's press conference to announce that WrestleMania XXIX would be held in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, April 7, 2013, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson vowed to appear at the event and "electrify MetLife Stadium like never before."

Sources within WWE have confirmed to the Pro Wrestling Torch that Johnson will be competing at the event.

Giving dirt sheet reputation is why I asked the question..

Johnny Ace has made Teddy Long more interesting than he's been in years. The intersection of storylines in a single segment was well done here.

If Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny goes down at Wrestlemania, I'd like to see R Truth, Ryder, Santino and Foley team up. The promos would be great, and they'd get a huge pop. Plus it makes sense. Well, maybe Truth's involvement doesn't at the moment...but neither does his character.

I'd rather see Santino in an Intercontinental Title match.

Am I the only one ecstatic about the fact that Jericho has gone back to The Liontamer finisher he used in WCW, where he puts his knee on the spine, and really cranks back on the Boston Crab? I always thought that was such a bad ass and painful finisher compared to his lame ass Walls of Jericho he has been using for a while, which is just a normal Boston Crab.

Am I the only one ecstatic about the fact that Jericho has gone back to The Liontamer finisher he used in WCW, where he puts his knee on the spine, and really cranks back on the Boston Crab? I always thought that was such a bad ass and painful finisher compared to his lame ass Walls of Jericho he has been using for a while, which is just a normal Boston Crab.

Fair point, but hard to argue that its "just a normal Boston Crab" when nobody really uses the move any more.

It's too bad that they are still calling that move the Walls of Jericho and not the Liontamer as it's properly called. Stupid Cole and Lawler.

I can't wait to hear "The Memory Remains" as the cell is lowered at Mania.

Its good to see it again but he switches it up because IIRC he said back in WCW he was fighting mostly cruiser weights it was easier to do. Once he got to the WWF/E and started fighting bigger guys who didn't take it as well due to their size so he switched

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back