KB Answers Wrestling Questions

This is a dumb question.

My buddy asked me to think off the top of our heads and say the very first person that we thought of when we thought of a "professional wrestler"

His response: Jerry Lawler
My response: Harley Race

Who's right/wrong, and how bad did I do?

Depends on where you're from/how old you are/about a dozen other things. If you're from the southeast, Lawler is a very viable option. Race is one of the most revered names in wrestling history.

It's an incredibly subjective question and there's a ton of perfectly acceptable answers.

Seems like the talk heading into No Mercy is how the Cena/Reigns match deserves a bigger stage than a lower tier ppv.

Based on that and how personal they are getting in their promos could you envision a scenario play out that sees Reigns attack Cena before their match thus having a no contest at No Mercy allowing Cena to do his outside movie/tv stuff and have him come back to have the actual match at either a Survivor Series, Rumble or even Mania?

Not happening. That match is one of the big reasons to get people to keep their free subscriptions from Summerslam. If they're not given what they paid their $10 to see, they're not coming back.

So am I correct in my belief that they're basically going have Shayna Baszler win the MYC just because she's friends with Ronda, & they really really want that stupid fucking Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen match?

I think so yeah. Also my official prediction now has him doing so so I'd hope he wins it.

Strowman's booking could be used as evidence for either victory or defeat (provided it is not a Suplex City massacre). He has been shown to be more than a match for everyone on RAW, including Brock, which would usually be evidence that he should win.

But then he has been booked so well and so strong in the last few months that WWE would likely argue that they can get away with Strowman losing and he would not lose all that much steam as it is Brock who would be beating him.

My thought is that Vince is more likely to be conservative and preserve Brock's defeat for another occasion, but Strowman really should take the title. You've got to pull the trigger when builds go as well as this (remember Ryback...). And Strowman with the title could be either the big heel monster to slay or even a dominant Goldberg face.

Yeah this really is the time to do it, especially with reports that Brock is done for the rest of the year after No Mercy. Just have Strowman beat him in a war, then drop the title to Reigns at the Rumble for Reigns vs. Lesnar II in New Orleans to send Lesnar off, because THIS TIME FOR SURE Reigns getting the big Wrestlemania moment (perhaps with a reformed Shield there helping him in a heel turn) is the big solution to the Reigns problem.

So assuming Strowman wins at NM and Reigns wins the title from him at RR to defend against Lesnar at Mania, who then would win the Rumble match? This is assuming Lesnar challenging at Mania is his rematch. Unless he wins it, which I don't see happening personally.
To simplify, who from Smackdown can you see winning the Rumble? My first thought is Roode, but I don't know if they'd hotshot him that fast (though Vince is very high on him allegedly) and there's no telling what the title picture will look like come January.

I think so yeah. Also my official prediction now has him doing so so I'd hope he wins it.

WWE would be absolutely crazy not to go through with it. Brock is going to disappear anyways as usual. What better time to capitalize on the Monster's momentum than now? Guy smashed Brock AND Cena in the same night with ease. That's a huge rub, lMO, and he looked really good doing it as well.

Unfortunately, I worry about WWE thinking that none of this matters because it's all about Reigns. Somehow, I still think that's where this all leads no matter what.

Yeah this really is the time to do it, especially with reports that Brock is done for the rest of the year after No Mercy. Just have Strowman beat him in a war, then drop the title to Reigns at the Rumble for Reigns vs. Lesnar II in New Orleans to send Lesnar off, because THIS TIME FOR SURE Reigns getting the big Wrestlemania moment (perhaps with a reformed Shield there helping him in a heel turn) is the big solution to the Reigns problem.

The thing is; WWE's constant 50-50 booking means that Braun absolutely needs a huge victory against the Cenas and Lesnars of this world to keep his momentum as it is. Having him lose now after so much of building him up, and given how well he has fared in the ring and the connection he has built out of it would be amongst the worst decisions WWE could make. Especially if Braun is to be a Main Event staple for some years to come.

It really would be dumb at this point, yeah. You can't keep moving the goal posts over and over again and expect the fans to care. That doesn't work.

Unfortunately, I worry about WWE thinking that none of this matters because it's all about Reigns. Somehow, I still think that's where this all leads no matter what.

Assuming, Braun loses in a 'protected' manner vs Brock at No Mercy. Then yes, you should expect everything to lead to Reigns.
Actually, I can see this year as Vince's redo of the Mania 31 buildup with Reigns winning the Rumble and Brock being Champion. Stay tuned for Tug of War pt.2 :p

How would Reigns getting a shield reunion to win the title off brock turn him heel? Could WWE have avoided the mess they have made of reigns had they had him turn on rollins and ambrose instead? Imagine the butterfly effect that would have had on the company...

If Cena does win the rumble and go onto win 17 at mania does Reigns v Lesnar II main event or does the big record breaking moment main event?

Brock is going to be the face at Wrestlemania by default. Go with that, have REigns spear him over and over and then have Ambrose/Rollins run in to give Reigns the win.

It should be Cena but it would be Reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back