KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Why do you hate on the women's MITB match in your review?

I can see why you would call it lazy booking but to me it seems more like they have been doing first ever women's matches does it not seem like the sensible thing to do?

You didn't like Kevin Owens getting pinned while Dolph Ziggler was there last week.

What about Ziggler defeating AJ Styles today?

Also, who WILL and SHOULD win men's MITB?

Same for women's MITB as well.

Which is worse: the lazy booking leading to MitB or the weeks/months of the MitB winner losing leading to a shock win?

Why do you hate on the women's MITB match in your review?

I can see why you would call it lazy booking but to me it seems more like they have been doing first ever women's matches does it not seem like the sensible thing to do?

I don't hate the match. I hate the booking/build.

Doing the match is fine. It's the same, dull, standard way of building it that is going to suck.

You didn't like Kevin Owens getting pinned while Dolph Ziggler was there last week.

What about Ziggler defeating AJ Styles today?

Also, who WILL and SHOULD win men's MITB?

Same for women's MITB as well.

Not as bad. My bigger issue was the champ getting pinned when it's not going to lead anywhere.

Will: Corbin and Carmella

Should: Corbin and Lynch

Which is worse: the lazy booking leading to MitB or the weeks/months of the MitB winner losing leading to a shock win?

The first. The second is kind of the point of the match: anyone can win.

Odds that fucking Stephanie is the mystery person behind the whole Angle scandal?

Wouldn't a Women's MITB match be better if it were a inter-promotional match (have 3 or 4 women from each brand) that took place at a big PPV like SummerSlam or WM?

She was my first guess.

Yep, but that would imply coming up with more than one idea at a time and WWE creative can't be asked to do that.

We both have significant others, so let's get a little awkward and talk about attractive ladies.

I saw your comment on your review of Extreme Rules that one of the rumored reasons for Bayley's recent downfall is that she isn't what WWE considers attractive (I've also heard this for Sasha as well for what's it's worth). I know we all have our own preferences and there is no universal standard for beauty and I'm really bordering on cringe territory with this comment/question but is Charlotte really that much more attractive than Bayley? I'm not saying that Charlotte is unattractive, but she has been in the spotlight in the women's division since day one. Her last name obviously plays into her push, but if beauty is the sole factor in determining a female stars push, then is Charlotte really the best option the roster has to give the high profile matches and title reigns?

I mean, yes, Alexa is probably more appealing to the eyes of the average viewer and she is amazing at playing her character, but really I'm just sitting here at 5am struggling with accepting the fact that the woman who was once thought to have the potential to be the female Cena just lost in six minutes after a feud where she was booked as badly as I've seen in recent memory.

Sunny, Sable, Trish Stratus, Kelly Kelly, Charlotte Flair and now Alexa Bliss. You could very well make the argument that these women were the biggest female stars for the past 20 years. From Sunny through to Sable, then Trish until she retired and Kelly Kelly takes over as she was all over everything in WWE for a good few years even without the title. Of course, reaching the revolution part with Charlotte and Alexa.

Can we just agree that Vince loves blondes?

Sunny, Sable, Trish Stratus, Kelly Kelly, Charlotte Flair and now Alexa Bliss. You could very well make the argument that these women were the biggest female stars for the past 20 years. From Sunny through to Sable, then Trish until she retired and Kelly Kelly takes over as she was all over everything in WWE for a good few years even without the title. Of course, reaching the revolution part with Charlotte and Alexa.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I don't think it's a coincidence that Barbie Blank went back to brown after getting out of WWE.

We both have significant others, so let's get a little awkward and talk about attractive ladies.

I saw your comment on your review of Extreme Rules that one of the rumored reasons for Bayley's recent downfall is that she isn't what WWE considers attractive (I've also heard this for Sasha as well for what's it's worth). I know we all have our own preferences and there is no universal standard for beauty and I'm really bordering on cringe territory with this comment/question but is Charlotte really that much more attractive than Bayley? I'm not saying that Charlotte is unattractive, but she has been in the spotlight in the women's division since day one. Her last name obviously plays into her push, but if beauty is the sole factor in determining a female stars push, then is Charlotte really the best option the roster has to give the high profile matches and title reigns?

I mean, yes, Alexa is probably more appealing to the eyes of the average viewer and she is amazing at playing her character, but really I'm just sitting here at 5am struggling with accepting the fact that the woman who was once thought to have the potential to be the female Cena just lost in six minutes after a feud where she was booked as badly as I've seen in recent memory.

This is a tricky one to answer.

As for Bayley vs. Charlotte in looks (or anyone for that matter), it comes down to your taste. Charlotte is a giant with an outstanding physique while Bayley is presented as someone with the innocence of a twelve year old, which should take away a lot of her sex appeal. Consider how Bayley looks here:

2375f97ee42832c6fb88b789ea0d57e0.jpg

I barely recognized her there so it's really all about the presentation.

The other thing Charlotte has going for her is her incredible natural athleticism and her family history, which will indeed get you a long way. So in other words, while I think looks might have something to do with it in Bayley's case, there are several other factors when comparing her to Charlotte.

As for the Alexa part, she's taken to wrestling like no woman I've ever seen, save for perhaps Charlotte. It's the definition of someone "getting it" and you can't teach that no matter what you're doing. I don't have any issue with Bliss having a rocket attached to her back (same with Charlotte) but yeah, Bayley has been booked HORRIBLY and I'm not sure there's one reason for it. There's a good chance it's a combination of any of the following:

1. Vince has the attention span of a drunken squirrel.

2. I've seen you and any of the other WZCW staff book shows/characters better than these morons in WWE creative these days.

3. Vince probably doesn't get Bayley because he'd rather just throw the title on a hot blonde instead of putting in the effort.

4. The main roster creative people seem to think they need to change EVERYTHING that NXT does because they're real writers instead of wrestling writers.

I know this has been a lot of rambling but it's a really hard answer to pin down. I don't get how they've managed to botch Bayley this badly but it's really mind boggling.

I'm not sure it's that simple of a list.

Sunny was just a manager and never wrestled a match (at least not a serious one) in WWE. Sable and Trish were mega stars. Kelly was just eye candy who got pushed because there was no one else there, though she got WAY better later on. Charlotte is indeed a bit deal but Alexa hasn't had the time to establish herself yet. You also have Lita, who was insanely over, and Mickie James, who was the face of the division for a long time.

But yeah he LOVES blondes.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I don't think it's a coincidence that Barbie Blank went back to brown after getting out of WWE.

She was kind of a dirty blonde when I saw her at WrestleCon. That being said, she was posing for a picture and turned on the model/sexy eyes while I was looking straight at her. It took me a few minutes to remember my name.

Reactions: Lee
She was kind of a dirty blonde when I saw her at WrestleCon. That being said, she was posing for a picture and turned on the model/sexy eyes while I was looking straight at her. It took me a few minutes to remember my name.

I remember she did a calendar shoot a few years back and she was a complete brunette. I could barely even recognize her.

Do you know how much involvement does HHH have in NXT booking? And are you surprised that his involvement in the main roster doesn't lead to more NXT guys doing well after promotion?

I still maintain that Bayley could be a good heel. Imagine her still being a "hugger" where she beats up someone so bad that she still hugs their unconscious body. Heck, even her heel turn could consist of her hugging another face after she gets beaten by them and she turns it into a Bayley to belly.

The first time I mentioned this (it was right before or after he debut) you shot it down saying she's too big of a face. Well I think they've successfully botched her booking enough that's out the window. Of course anyone can be salvaged. I just think it's an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back