KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Do you think WWE would seriously pull the trigger on a Reigns heel turn?
Honestly speaking, Reigns going heel seems to be more popular than Cena going heel nowadays, and for some reason, I see WWE leaving him as babyface regardless of the constant boos he gets in certain areas...

I do yeah. Reigns is a better natural heel and would be turned face soon after that. It's the same thing they tried with Orton after it worked naturally with Rock.

I could be mistaken, but None of the 4 WWE Heavyweight Champions thus far, have actually "lost" their titles.

Orton lost in a 3-way without being pinned.

Bryan got injured and vacated it.

Lesnar lost in a 3-way without being pinned.

Rollins got injured and vacated it.

Did I miss someone? It's interesting, lMO.

Nope that's it. Quite a coincidence actually.

I was going to ask if it would be Reigns or Ambrose turning, but you've answered that above, so, with that in mind, lets say they pencil in Reigns vs. Ambrose for the belt at Mania and Rollins is fit and healthy, does he wrestle HHH in the obvious 'you replaced me' feud or does he become the third man in the long await Shield three-way?

Also, if Rollins and Rock are out of the question, who does HHH face at Mania?

There's no way Rollins is ready by Mania. Not from an ACL.

If he's back though, it's HHH.

As for HHH......dang I'm not sure. There really isn't anyone around. At this point, maybe a referee or something.

Is there any realistic scenario where Reigns doesn't win the title at Survivor Series, not counting a Sheamus cash in?

Any chance WWE do something worse than turn Ambrose heel vs Reigns and instead have Sheamus cash-in on Babyface Reigns at Survivor Series?

I know Sheamus is out of the tournament, but I can't help but think they could go the way of Reigns rejected the Authority's offer, so they went for Sheamus instead.

Still, a babyface Ambrose being betrayed by Reigns, which would be the second betrayal he suffers will do wonders for both Reigns and Ambrose as Heel and Babyface going forward. Roman going heel just seems the perfect direction to go, which is why I feel WWE will swerve just because...

Is there any realistic scenario where Reigns doesn't win the title at Survivor Series, not counting a Sheamus cash in?

Only if Ambrose goes corporate, which would be the dumbest thing they could do.

Any chance WWE do something worse than turn Ambrose heel vs Reigns and instead have Sheamus cash-in on Babyface Reigns at Survivor Series?

I know Sheamus is out of the tournament, but I can't help but think they could go the way of Reigns rejected the Authority's offer, so they went for Sheamus instead.

Still, a babyface Ambrose being betrayed by Reigns, which would be the second betrayal he suffers will do wonders for both Reigns and Ambrose as Heel and Babyface going forward. Roman going heel just seems the perfect direction to go, which is why I feel WWE will swerve just because...

That's very possible.

Only if Ambrose goes corporate, which would be the dumbest thing they could do.

image.png

I've read that you don't like tournaments. Do you think this problem is due to the fact that the writers on wrestling shows can only ever have one story going on at once, which leads to having really only two possible winners out of the whole thing?

I mean, with the current one it's pretty obvious the only matches withy any real consequences are the reigns and Ambrose matches and they're not even trying to hide it.

What I'm trying to get out of this rambling is how hard is it to have Cesaro run into Sheamus backstage before their match, have an argument which causes Sheamus to do something (anything) to Cesaro to give him some sort of leverage after being fed to reigns and bam there's a pair that can logically be thrown onto opposing sides of a survivor series match.

Another question/questions; WWE has a creative team full of multiple people right? How do they go about creating the multiple stories you see on TV? Like do the same people who came up with the Seth v Kane story also work on whatever love triangle crap Rusev was in? And also would the story/character build ups be better if members/groups of creative were to be assigned to selected wrestlers? I'm not 100% certain but I'm sure it's been that way for something before but I can't remember if it actually was good.

I've read that you don't like tournaments. Do you think this problem is due to the fact that the writers on wrestling shows can only ever have one story going on at once, which leads to having really only two possible winners out of the whole thing?

I mean, with the current one it's pretty obvious the only matches withy any real consequences are the reigns and Ambrose matches and they're not even trying to hide it.

What I'm trying to get out of this rambling is how hard is it to have Cesaro run into Sheamus backstage before their match, have an argument which causes Sheamus to do something (anything) to Cesaro to give him some sort of leverage after being fed to reigns and bam there's a pair that can logically be thrown onto opposing sides of a survivor series match.

Another question/questions; WWE has a creative team full of multiple people right? How do they go about creating the multiple stories you see on TV? Like do the same people who came up with the Seth v Kane story also work on whatever love triangle crap Rusev was in? And also would the story/character build ups be better if members/groups of creative were to be assigned to selected wrestlers? I'm not 100% certain but I'm sure it's been that way for something before but I can't remember if it actually was good.

The first two paragraphs sum up most of my problem.

The lack of the third paragraph is why I can't stand the TNA World Title Series. There's no story to any of this and it's just random matches.

I've heard multiple answers to that but most of the time it was one group does one story, another group does another story etc.

Sorry KB for answering a question in your thread, but I actually have an answer on this one. It's a mixture of both; general ideas get thrown around in a pitch meeting amongst the writing staff. Some ideas get shot down there, but if it looks like there's an idea worth pursuing, it'll get assigned to a writer or a team. (How which writer gets assigned which story? No idea, but I'd assume whomever's leading the writing staff assigns stories based on who's talented at what; the guy who writes a good romantic angle might not be the best fit for a Brock Lesnar story.)

The writer (or team) fleshes out the basic idea of the storyline from a concept, and brings that idea back to the writing team, which reviews and edits it- not just storyline ideas, but also who's available to work what, and for how long. Some ideas fall apart at this point not because they're bad ideas, but because the actors appropriate to the role aren't available; others move on as a set of story points, which are then incorporated into your RAW, Smackdown, and PPV scripts.

Vince pokes his head into the process wherever he feels like poking his head into the process, but isn't the all-consuming force fanbois think he is. Granted, it's his company, and if he wants something he gets it. Micromanaging Vince has gotten old and a bit tired, so he's not all up in the process the way he used to be.

The process is actually very similar to other television shows, except instead of writers being handed entire episodes to write, they're given segments. Also, the pace is much faster, as instead of 13 half-hour episodes a year, the WWE is producing more than three hundred hours of televised content per year, not including Network material.

Will guys like Ziggler and Miz ever hold the world title again? I know they're former champs, but, save for Cena, I feel like the main title is now a young man's game.

So after all that discussion:

These are the three main possibilities I see for the World title scene come the end of Survivor Series:

Roman Reigns Heel turn
Dean Ambrose Heel turn
Sheamus cash-in

If it isn't too much trouble, can you analyse thoroughly the pros and cons of those 3 options, and pick which one would be most interesting going forward?

Are there any other possibilities you think that the WWE might decide to go with?

Did anyone seriously think Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, or Big Show had any chance of advancing to round 2 of the tournament last night?

I thought Breeze had a shot initially until I saw that he was going against Ambrose. I didn't think they'd have him lose his first match on Raw.

Remember when people thought Breeze was going to take the US Title from Cena?

So after all that discussion:

These are the three main possibilities I see for the World title scene come the end of Survivor Series:

Roman Reigns Heel turn
Dean Ambrose Heel turn
Sheamus cash-in

If it isn't too much trouble, can you analyse thoroughly the pros and cons of those 3 options, and pick which one would be most interesting going forward?

Are there any other possibilities you think that the WWE might decide to go with?

Reigns: Gives them a big time heel, makes sense, lets the fans boo Reigns like they want to. Reigns will turn face again in six months.

Ambrose: Makes little sense, not realistic, stupid, Ambrose would be even more out of his element, shock value

Sheamus: Little good here other than no more briefcase. Totally not a World Champion caliber guy at the moment.

Did anyone seriously think Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, or Big Show had any chance of advancing to round 2 of the tournament last night?

Not without a big swerve.

I thought Breeze had a shot initially until I saw that he was going against Ambrose. I didn't think they'd have him lose his first match on Raw.

Remember when people thought Breeze was going to take the US Title from Cena?

Yep. I laughed about it then too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back