2/21/11: Taker/HHH Segment (Keep All Discussion In Here)

I love how the IWC talks about psychology in matches and story lines when they just gave you a great example of it in that segment.

I remember people being exciting for the Bret Hart/Vince match last year acting like it would be good. I thought to myself how stupid those people are since Bret is a stroke victim and didn't wrestle for 10 years.
Then they shit on the match when he is a stroke victim and should have known better.

My point? The internet marks don't know anything.

HHH is one of the best workers around, so whoever said he only knows a few moves is a moron. Just because he isn't a spot monkey like those psychology lacking x-division midcarders doesn't mean he isn't good. If anything, it adds more intrigue because none of us know why exactly HHH is there. Was he behind Nexus burying Undertaker to get back at him for retiring HBK? Is he now pissed that he's back because that plan back fired? WE DON'T KNOW!! I will tell you this, no one needed for this storyline will be jumping to the other company like a certain other wrestling promotion and their ONLY storyline.

Words are only used by those who can't tell a story with their body language. I love how people talk shit like they are not going to be watching Raw next week. I will say this, I will not be watching TNA this Thursday because it SUCKS.

As the great Bill Parcells said, "You are what your record is" and in wrestling terms it would go, "You are what the ratings say you are". Raw will have a very good rating going to WM. No it will not be 8 or 9. I wouldnt be surprised if it were a 4, which is as high as the top shows in the world right now so who are you to say that is disappointing.

Usually I just read all the ridiculous things you people say, but when you guys always claim you are disappointed and are never watching again, its frustrating lol. That's what you get for believing everything you see on the Internet. Sting this, Sting that. Atleast HHH can still have a good match, Sting has been working a bunch of "never was" wrestlers for the past 5 years.

First, forget about Sting anyone who isn't blind could tell you the last few weeks the 2.21.11 promos had Taker in the window plus everyone in WWE denied any talks between themselves and Sting. Would it have been cool? Sure but most of us knew it wasn't happening.

But we got the much, much anticipated return of HHH. And what did you expect Undertaker to do when he came out? When was the last time he cut a promo on anyone? He hasn't said anything in a long time because he doesn't need to, his presence and mannerisms tell his story.

Their interaction may have not been what everyone wanted but it did what it was intended to do. They started the HHH/Taker feud for Mania and built up hype for the next few weeks. Them not saying anything about why they want to fight, opens up all kinds of ideas and possibilities for the fans. Plus they still have six weeks to build on this feud, that's a long time in WWE.

It told a story through psychology and body language, something rarely seen in WWE. Taker and HHH both heavily rely on intimidating opponents before their matches even start. They are both masters of psychological warfare, making their opponent think they lost before they've even fought. That's why this worked, they both showed they want to fight, are not intimidated by the other, and they obviously have some beef we are not aware of yet. I'm intrigued to say the least and I'm looking forward to next week and Mania to see how it plays out.

They still have SIX fucking weeks to build this up. I don't see a problem at all with how they did the HHH/Undertaker segment. It served its purpose, we know what coming. Stop bitching about WM it should at least be better than the past couple of years, and who knows whats going to happen between now and then. This Thomas dude needs to just stop watching so he stops making dumbass threads like this.

I guess I have to educate why the segment was not disappointing in the slightest. What you just saw was HHH and Undertaker telling a story without having to say a damn word. Just by their reaction and body language, you knew what they wanted and you know what's going to happen and they did a damn good job of doing it. You need to get your head checked if you thought that was a disappointing segment.

Get your head checked instead.

Or go get a copy of Wrestlemania 17 and watch a match that will be 10X better than the 'rewind' they're trying to sell you now.

The only good that can possibly come out of this farce is that the no-talent HHH might be retired once and for all, and we wouldn't have to put up with an undeserving midcarder stinking up main events anymore.

I think people are just looking for a reason to complain about anything. I thought that segment was pretty good. It makes you wait to see what happens, and then u have to tune in next week.

i havent seen one person post that they expected sting yet some of you smarky WZ ******s are trying to bash people simply because YOU ASSUME the person your replying to expected sting. such a moronic conclusion.

the segment blew mega-fucking-sweaty balls.

i have absolutely zero interest in paying for WM this year, which is the only event i actually pay for every year. not this year. this year ill be watching a stream.

why HHH is coming back without getting revenge on Sheamus first makes no goddamn sense at all. he got like 6 heel kicks that night from Sheamus and beat with a pipe and it took him out for almost a year...but HHH wants Taker? because he beat HBK legit in the ring? even HBK isnt upset why the hell is HHH??? and the time has long since passed for HHH to be looking for revenge on Taker, even if the dumb ass story made any sense. of course this is all an assumption on my part that WWE is going with the "payback for my friend" story. HHH may come out with a whole different reason...but i doubt it. i think WWE outsourced the writing of Taker/HHH to TNA...

Are we expected to forget how Triple H and Undertaker left in the first place?

Look, I am very excited for this match at Mania as I bet many others are.

But are we supposed to forget that Triple H missed 10 months because he was attacked by Sheamus? Sheamus has been bragging about taking out Triple H for months, and right after Triple H returns, Sheamus in the next segment, as if nothing happened.

And as for Taker, he was taken out by Kane, with the help of the Nexus. Shouldn't Takers priority be to get revenge on Kane, or on The Corre?

...before everyone says "this is just storyline, they weren't actually taken out", I say..duhh.

Do you think the WWE will or should address these storylines before Mania, atleast in some type of blowoff matches?

Oh my god, for the 50th fucking time and for the same answer to the 50th fucking thread, we are not supposed to forget. You can't act like they aren't addressing it when both of them have been back for 2 fucking hours. I'm so sick of these threads, when did they say they weren't going to address it? I'm pretty sure there's 41 days left until Wrestlemania. That leaves about 6 weeks to fix up everything. RAW and Smackdown alike, 12 shows. They can build both at the same time you know. Triple H beats the shit out of Sheamus, Taker comes from behind, tombstone. On Smackdown Taker beats the shit out of everyone, boom HHH with an interference after Taker wins. This isn't rocket science people. And if they don't address it (which I would be very surprised by), then what's the big deal? I'm pretty sure no one wants to see Triple H vs Sheamus, when we had the exact same match last year, at Wrestlemania, or Taker vs Kane 20000 at Wrestlemania, when they could have this match.

WWE has a penchant for predictable story lines and outcomes. This is exactly what is going to happen. Shaun Michaels will be a special referee, then at Mania it will look like Undertaker is going to lose, and then here comes Shaun Michaels with a Super Kick to HHH, Undertaker wins. Shaun Michaels will tell Triple H if I can't beat the streak you sure as hell are not going to. Then when all is said and done out comes Sting at the entrance and says You and I next year.

To all those that keep sticking up for this horrid story line and picking on those that think it is horrible grow the " " up. Triple H would be nothing without the McMahons in the WWE. Triple H pretty much ruined the WWE taking the spotlight in everything, before Triple H got with Stephanie he got his ass kicked all the time by the Undertaker. Watch the Wrestlemania when Undertaker fought Psycho Sid. The commentator made it extremely clear, Undertaker is the most screwed superstar in all of Wrestling. The whole point these posters are trying to make is and rightfully so is, that if Undertaker gives in and allows Triple H to end the Streak, tons and tons of wrestling fans will alienate the WWE. The WWE's profits are down, ppv is down, attendance is down and at its lowest ever. The reason they give the Undertaker the STREAK is payoff for all the jobbing he does and his loyalty. and continues to do instead of taking the spotlight. It is clear that Undertaker and Triple H do not like each other personally. WWE knows the fans are ignorant and continue with the same predictable, boring story lines. How are you going to start a story line and not finish old ones, like Kane/Undertaker, HHH/Sheamus. All these wrestling forums are Marks by the WWE. The fans are getting smarter and showing it by staying away from the PPV's and attending the Shows. No matter how you play this story line out, we all know exactly what is going to happen, and how it will end. Triple H will resort to his usual tactic and come through with his stupid hammer and other cheating tactics. Triple H will steal the show and get the better of Undertaker till the finale when HBK super kicks HHH and Undertaker wins, destroying the legacy of the greatest Wrestler of all time. By the way forgot to add, Triple H's movie was a flop as well, if that doesn't tell you the arrogance of the wwe, that they have to bring triple h in another failing role.

lame segment, all the promos for 2/21/11 tossed aside when HHH comes in does his full entrance and hits two ring posts. and does nothing but stare at him look at the WM sign. its all for HHH's ego i heard that they want this match to close the PPV. HHH once said that the championship should close the PPV. when explaining why his match with Y2J was the last match when Hogan vs Rock could of been the main event. but really its cause he wants to be the last guy out there. PS taker looked like a bean pole. not just compared to HHH who was jacked. if i were to guess that one of these guys is leaving wrestling it would be the thin frail looking guy, not the pumped up guy with a huge pop.

ANYTHING SHORT OF STEVE BORDEN COMING TO THE RING AT 2/21/11 IS A LETDOWN.

HHH softened the blow with his return but damn.. why the vignettes? why tease the boots and long jacket? Why the rain and empty house. If it was a coincidence fine but if someone was like let's get everyone thinking sting and then give them Taker vs HHH that will be great... That's dumb.

WWE has a penchant for predictable story lines and outcomes. This is exactly what is going to happen. Shaun Michaels will be a special referee, then at Mania it will look like Undertaker is going to lose, and then here comes Shaun Michaels with a Super Kick to HHH, Undertaker wins. Shaun Michaels will tell Triple H if I can't beat the streak you sure as hell are not going to. Then when all is said and done out comes Sting at the entrance and says You and I next year.

To all those that keep sticking up for this horrid story line and picking on those that think it is horrible grow the " " up. Triple H would be nothing without the McMahons in the WWE. Triple H pretty much ruined the WWE taking the spotlight in everything, before Triple H got with Stephanie he got his ass kicked all the time by the Undertaker. Watch the Wrestlemania when Undertaker fought Psycho Sid. The commentator made it extremely clear, Undertaker is the most screwed superstar in all of Wrestling. The whole point these posters are trying to make is and rightfully so is, that if Undertaker gives in and allows Triple H to end the Streak, tons and tons of wrestling fans will alienate the WWE. The WWE's profits are down, ppv is down, attendance is down and at its lowest ever. The reason they give the Undertaker the STREAK is payoff for all the jobbing he does and his loyalty. and continues to do instead of taking the spotlight. It is clear that Undertaker and Triple H do not like each other personally. WWE knows the fans are ignorant and continue with the same predictable, boring story lines. How are you going to start a story line and not finish old ones, like Kane/Undertaker, HHH/Sheamus. All these wrestling forums are Marks by the WWE. The fans are getting smarter and showing it by staying away from the PPV's and attending the Shows. No matter how you play this story line out, we all know exactly what is going to happen, and how it will end. Triple H will resort to his usual tactic and come through with his stupid hammer and other cheating tactics. Triple H will steal the show and get the better of Undertaker till the finale when HBK super kicks HHH and Undertaker wins, destroying the legacy of the greatest Wrestler of all time. By the way forgot to add, Triple H's movie was a flop as well, if that doesn't tell you the arrogance of the wwe, that they have to bring triple h in another failing role.

Yeah ok? Shawn will return, for one night, and just screw Triple H? Then leave after Triple H want's revenge.

Triple H: You screwed me Shawn, I had him beat!
*Akward silence*
Triple H just leaves and Shawn does'nt show up for another 8 month's for some reason.

Shawn will not be involved in this storyline, why should he?

There was nothing wrong with the lack of talking IMO, it was the horribly rushed way this was executed that left me completely cold.

Someone call the waaaahmbulance. If you expected Sting to show up, then you're obviously an idiot. Granted I did think it would be pretty cool if he showed up and even talked with buddies of mine saying it's a possibility they're pulling what they did with Daniel Bryan and keeping it super-covered, but I never fully expected Sting to show up. I knew it would be 'Taker and most likely Triple H.

That segment told words, and if you didn't enjoy it then you should just go ahead and turn off the TV or do what you hypocrites usually do: Bitch, bitch, bitch and go back to watching the program to bitch some more. There are times in a promo where you don't need words, and their facial expressions and body language told a big story. For those of you complaining that there was a wasted week of a backstory, grow the fuck up. There's still six weeks until Wrestlemania, so Trips and Undertaker can afford to waste a week. Did you all bitch about this same thing with Michaels and 'Taker before their showdown(s)? Didn't think so.

That segment told words, and if you didn't enjoy it then you should just go ahead and turn off the TV or do what you hypocrites usually do: Bitch, bitch, bitch and go back to watching the program to bitch some more. There are times in a promo where you don't need words, and their facial expressions and body language told a big story. For those of you complaining that there was a wasted week of a backstory, grow the fuck up. There's still six weeks until Wrestlemania, so Trips and Undertaker can afford to waste a week. Did you all bitch about this same thing with Michaels and 'Taker before their showdown(s)? Didn't think so.

Funny thing is, Michaels and Undertaker also had a stare down on the 02/22/10 Raw. Like you said, that segment said a lot.

ANYTHING SHORT OF STEVE BORDEN COMING TO THE RING AT 2/21/11 IS A LETDOWN.

HHH softened the blow with his return but damn.. why the vignettes? why tease the boots and long jacket? Why the rain and empty house. If it was a coincidence fine but if someone was like let's get everyone thinking sting and then give them Taker vs HHH that will be great... That's dumb.

:lol:

The vignettes were to hype up Undertaker's return from day one. It's our own fault's why Sting came into our minds.

The Sting dirtsheet reumor's including the NY post article were all pure speculation.

Why tease the boot's and long jacket? Hey, Undertaker wear's jacket's and boot's.

WWE were not trying to make anybody think it was Sting. It's our own fault because we all got our hopes up way to unnessaccarily.

Even after they showed The Undertaker in the house people were saying "there's a second person, a bat, a crow sound, a scorpian!" People were just so lost of all hope that they were grasping at straws. "I saw a Sitng's face!" Yeah, ok.

Sting was never confirmed by WWE to be there. WWE did'nt say he was coming and lied to us. They obvious ended the speculation with the "Aint No Grave Can Hold My Body Down." But, people were like "maybe it's a crow swerve, Sting is like The Crow, he is dead, he come's back to life."

It's you own fault that you though Sting was coming to the WWE.

Taker vs.HHH is not gonna measure up to both matches with HBK.I can see HHH losing and turning on Shawn and that's about it.Taker will be 19-0 and HHH will be a heel if he's not retiring.

To anyone else who decides to post after me, let them rant. Often times the IWC is never satisfied and this is a prime example. Unrealistic expectations, added to mounted hopes, lead to the bitterness and anger that you are witnessing now. Save your breath trying to silence the critics, that is a losing battle.

On the matter at hand:

I thought this was great. The countdown at the beginning of the show all the way to the entrance of the Undertaker. It was exactly what it was supposed to be up to that point. Triple H returning also, was simply the icing on the rum cake as well as the cherry on top(unless you have something against Triple H). I thought "Ok, this is cool," when The Undertaker came out, I liked how they used the Johnny Cash song to lead in to the actual entrance, and his return was very much FELT on my behalf. The Undertaker is so powerful with just his presence alone, it is truly stunning.

Then, when I heard that chord..."Time to play The Game", energy surged up inside me. I felt electricity explode in my body, and goosebumps form on my skin. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this moment. I did not know it was actually going to come on this night. At that moment we all knew, it really is time to play the game.

The body language between the two, the energy created with nothing more than movements and expressions was palpable at the least. The subtle stare of The Undertaker, the pure attitude of The Game were all that was needed, and in those simple actions, more was said than any words could have. I am a man who loves and appreciates the power of words, but I am also a man who loves and appreciates how powerful statements can be made without them. This was a moment that embodied that to the fullest.

We now know at the least that we will see Triple H vs Undertaker at WM. What the stipulations will be, we still have to find out. My only hope is that it's not a career vs streak match. Just a regular match will be good enough. And, one now has to wonder, will this be the year the streak is broken?

Funny thing is, Michaels and Undertaker also had a stare down on the 02/22/10 Raw. Like you said, that segment said a lot.

they had a stare down after michaels spoke for like 20 minutes, in which he says undertaker ignored him when hbk asked him for a rematch, then he cost him the title, then taker had to face hbk for revenge. hhh just steals taker's thunder and it's on? why wouldnt taker refuse a match from HHH like he did to hbk? taker already beat him. he's back after being buried by nexus and kane but HHH spoiled his return so the match is on. plus HHH did everything in his power to convince hbk not to face taker.

To anyone else who decides to post after me, let them rant. Often times the IWC is never satisfied and this is a prime example. Unrealistic expectations, added to mounted hopes, lead to the bitterness and anger that you are witnessing now. Save your breath trying to silence the critics, that is a losing battle.

On the matter at hand:

I thought this was great. The countdown at the beginning of the show all the way to the entrance of the Undertaker. It was exactly what it was supposed to be up to that point. Triple H returning also, was simply the icing on the rum cake as well as the cherry on top(unless you have something against Triple H). I thought "Ok, this is cool," when The Undertaker came out, I liked how they used the Johnny Cash song to lead in to the actual entrance, and his return was very much FELT on my behalf. The Undertaker is so powerful with just his presence alone, it is truly stunning.

Then, when I heard that chord..."Time to play The Game", energy surged up inside me. I felt electricity explode in my body, and goosebumps form on my skin. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this moment. I did not know it was actually going to come on this night. At that moment we all knew, it really is time to play the game.

The body language between the two, the energy created with nothing more than movements and expressions was palpable at the least. The subtle stare of The Undertaker, the pure attitude of The Game were all that was needed, and in those simple actions, more was said than any words could have. I am a man who loves and appreciates the power of words, but I am also a man who loves and appreciates how powerful statements can be made without them. This was a moment that embodied that to the fullest.

We now know at the least that we will see Triple H vs Undertaker at WM. What the stipulations will be, we still have to find out. My only hope is that it's not a career vs streak match. Just a regular match will be good enough. And, one now has to wonder, will this be the year the streak is broken?

I agree, I really hope this is a regular match.

Even though Triple H has been more in the booking and backstage situation's the last few months, and maybe be becoming the Chaiman in a few years, I think he's got atleast a few good fued's in him. Atleast get revenge for Sheamus.

Sure, he won't have to work full time, he won't have to be at every house show, but seeing him back for 6 week's after being gone for month's is a bit anti-climatic.

It's a possiblity. But it being Triple H, it's also a stretch. He's The Game! Him only being back for 6 week's seem's very unlikely. If this storyline started say in October, yeah, it's a possiblity it may be a Career vs. Streak match. 6 weeks, yeah it's a bit of a stretch.

As a vet viewer of WWF/WWE i certainly hope they take this thing a different road than they did in 2001 when they fought at Mania X-7. While it was an OK match I hope they switch things up psychologically and ring wise. While Taker had a different gimmick and hHh was fully healthy I certainly hope age doesn't make this match awkward. Michael is a exceptional performer and I believe is a 5 star compared to his compadre who is a 3 star nowadays. (Yes I hate the shHhovel but I can recognize ringwork and not pick on him for certain things. I'm not a narrow minded prat.)

If they can both put on a clinic that is NOT a simple repackage or resell of what they did a DECADE ago which im sure they'll mention then I'm all for it. Did this segment fall flat on it's face? I felt very let down by it. However, it's all about Classic ring psychology and the focus on the personalities of the two people in the ring NOT a promo that had us on the edge of our seats more than most matches put on now a days.

I sure wish the Stinger showed but hey we can still dream right? We'll see in the coming weeks if they do this Taker/hHhamer thing right. "The hHhammer. Pegging newcomers,WCW former talent, anyone who is not his buddy, and rising stars into the casket one week at a time so they can be buried by the shHhovel." Hahaha have a good one folks!

They could have done it alot better. Have Taker come out and get ready to speak,,And have a bell ring,,cut to the jumbo and see a sledge hit the bell a few times,,,and crack the bell. See a HBK/DX refernce and next thing you know you have Trips on the stage giving an evil monkey...Have him point at Taker,,then the sign, do the whale snot and throw the sledge down, and walk off.

Dude, how many orgasms did you have? You really sounded like you were playing with yourself while watching.

The Undertaker's return is nothing special. The writer's couldn't let HHH come down a little bit later than he did? I'm more excited for Punk/Orton than this. And I absolutely HATE Orton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back