**MERGED** Evan Bourne Suspension Discussion- Keep it All in Here!!!

There's a fine line between what's happening now though and what happened then. I use this same argument when debating worthy members of the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Back then, testing was part of the game, but they could pretty much get away with doing anything punishment-free. It was almost like a taboo for a company to take that stuff to the public, so they could get away with at most a slap on the wrist and be fine.

Now, the performers are well aware of any punishment that is in front of them. Because of that, they are expected to adhere to the policies. People give Evan crap because, especially just having been suspended, he went and defied the company anyway. He knew what the punishment would be, yet did it anyway.

So something is wrong just because there's a rule against it or the punishment is public, but the guys doing coke back in the '80s, that was alright? Yeah, that's sound logic.

In reality, he probably knows he is done and may have even asked for a release... This smells to me of someone trying to get fired rather than being stupid. He would walk right into ROH or TNA right now and the Japanese feds would love him too... Air Boom was done as a team the last time, I don't see them reforming now.

He's done. That's just it, if you look at the records after 30 days about 60% are fired, he survived that, after a 60 day suspension, well I'd say about 10% keep their jobs after that.

This would be the perfect opportunity to turn kofi heel have him savagely beat down for his part in losing the tag titles and the fire Bourne.
This in my opinion would make kofi relevent on the singles scene again and may even elevate him to above mid card status as i can see him having great matches with punk and cena or for the better money have him go for the WHC on SD!

Madness. Absolute madness.

The fact a guy his size, with ZERO mic skills even TOUCHED the WWE is a fucking miracle, but not only do things to get suspended, but do it in a way that shows he could not care less about the policy?

Just unfathomable. I hope they replace him with Justin Garbiel, and Kofi can continue to have something good to do.

So something is wrong just because there's a rule against it or the punishment is public, but the guys doing coke back in the '80s, that was alright? Yeah, that's sound logic.

I never said it was right. What those guys did was wrong. But the reason they got away with it was because nothing was being enforced. Now that it's being enforced, the athletes must be aware of it even more so and adhere to that.

Therefore, Evan is at fault.

What the fuck is wrong with Evan? He went from being a jobber week in and week out, to being one of the best tag team champions I've seen in a while. I supported Bourne fully, and I was glad to see him get that little push that he DESERVED! I can understand one suspension for a violation, but 2 so close together?? All I can say (and I regret saying this) is that Evan will get what's coming to him, whether it's going back to being a jobber week in and week out, or very soon being the next future endeavored.

As for Kofi Kingston, I feel sorry for him for having to drop the championship, for he didn't deserve it. They could've at least have an angle where Bourne is "injured", and then have Kofi bring in another tag team partner, someone who deserves the spotlight. I don't see Kofi competing for the tag team championships again for a while. Maybe go off and face Swagger for the U.S. Championship (that's one match that I would not mind seeing, sounds great)

I think it's a deathnail on the career for Evan and heck maybe even Kofi. It'll be hard to explain the departue once again so close to the last one. I am a big fan of both guys and it seemed like this was their best effort to date as a tag team. Heel Kofi?

I think it's a deathnail on the career for Evan and heck maybe even Kofi. It'll be hard to explain the departue once again so close to the last one. I am a big fan of both guys and it seemed like this was their best effort to date as a tag team. Heel Kofi?

In regards to Kofi, no need for a heel. There are too many heels as it is already. Look at last night's main event, there was one legitimate face in the entire contest.

As for explaining the departure, it will certainly be hard to do that. Evan is likely done in WWE, and if not, destined to job.

As far as Evan he'll be the 1st firing of the year and will git Johnny Ace's Future Endeavors Shirt. As far as Kofi he should form a team w/ The Ghanese Goliath Big Zeke or the African Werewolf Justin Gabriel as the are all for Africa. At least now we hopefully get The USO's w/ Tamina feuded with The Colons 2.0 and Rosa now. And the only major push he had was derailed by injury when the last Jericho, part 2 was happening.

I've got to go with consensus here. Bourne's career in WWE is pretty much done with. I've never heard of a second Wellness Policy violation in such a short span of time. If Bourne hopes to stay, it's mandatory to go to rehab after a second violation. If you don't want to go, you're future endeavored.

Just when Bourne's career looks to be taking off and he's involved in something significant and relevant, namely helping to revive tag team wrestling in WWE and being part of a team that's brought some meaning back to the titles, he royally screws up not once but now twice.

I do feel sorry for Kofi Kingston. The guy's worked his ass off in WWE and, like Bourne, he was doing good work with what was happening with Air Boom. That's pretty much over and done with now. Kofi is probably headed back into the mid-card scene and it wouldn't surprise me at all if WWE just decided to let Bourne go when it's all said and done. After all, I can't imagine his future in WWE is going to be especially bright for a long time to come.

As I've said on a different thread, I'd love to see Justin Gabriel benefit from this. Move Justin to Raw and put him in a tag team with Kofi. Bury the shit out of Evan with Kofi basically saying Evan quit on him and that Air Boom deserves wrestlers who won't quit on the fans. Cue the music of Gabriel and re-build Air Boom from there. Justin has a better look and more charisma anyway. That's saying a lot too because I haven't heard Justin cut any kind of great promo. I know Gabriel will one day be a great singles competitor, but right now everything is too flooded. Utilize this man to rebuild the once proud, now dead Tag Division.

Other competitors this will obviously benefit are The Usos and more noticeably Epico and Primo. Man, Primo is relevant again. That's how you know someone screwed up. When Epico and Primo won those tag titles, I said to myself, "Either Bourne or Kingston tested positive for something." My intuition was right. Epico and Primo are nothing but transitional champions. The whole spanish thing doesn't work on Raw. Look at Alberto Del Rio. He THRIVED on Smackdown. Hunico is thriving on Smackdown. It's a little racist in a way, but ratings and audience of these shows prove it to be true.

Evan Bourne fucked up. Twice. Cut him and let someone benefit.

haha what an idiot. Some people never learn or they try to prove a point but no one cares.
Kofi will benefit big time from this. He's been hold down for a few months now because of Bourne. He may finally break free of all this. Give him a sold tag partner and give him another change. As others said, Gabriel could benefit from this. I'd love to see Justin and Kofi team up. That would be fun to see.

Wow. Management must be furious with Evan Bourne right now.

In my mind, he should get a final chance and thats it. Put him in a feud with Kofi post-WM to raise Kofi's prestige (after all, that's when he'll be off suspension) and then drop him down into spot monkey status after that.

If I were Kofi, I would be ready to kick his ass.

Personally I would like to see them use this to push Kofi Kingston. He could turn heel on Evan Bourne. He could start in with a more serious gimmick instead of being the happy go lucky Kingston.

I could see Kingston going over on Evan Bourne and then working some decent feuds with the likes of Zach Ryder, R-Truth, Brodus Clay and even Sheamus.

In reality, he probably knows he is done and may have even asked for a release... This smells to me of someone trying to get fired rather than being stupid. He would walk right into ROH or TNA right now and the Japanese feds would love him too... Air Boom was done as a team the last time, I don't see them reforming now.

^ This.

A lot of you are calling him a dumbass but to me it seems as though he wants out of his contract and as others have done before him he is going the drugs route. Fair enough he could ask for his release but I think WWE would rather he rot in the back then release him. The 3 strike drug rule is probably the quickest way out. Also for those saying it will ruin hjis reputation and chance to sign elsewhere, I think you are wrong. The guy is simply smoking fake weed and other companies who are not in the same limelight as the WWE honestly could care less about that, just take a look at RVD.

As for Kofi I couldn't care less. The guy is just as bad on the mic as Evan Bourne and he only seems interesting when involved in a TLC match or some other form of highspot match, a normal standard wrestling match is pretty dull with Kofi to be honest, although he is mile ahead of the Usos when it comes to talent.

I guess some guys just don't learn and it's really hard to blame the WWE if they decide to release him. They gave him one warning and that should've been enough to quit whatever he was on. Obviously, the message came in through one ear and out the other because he went right back to doing whatever drug was found in his system.

It really kinda pissess me off to see these wrestlers on TV who just don't give a crap. If he cared one bit, he would have at the very least gone to rehab without having to pay one single penny. But no, that's not what he does. Instead, he continues to disrepect the fans and the company he works for by getting himself suspended.

I get it, people have demons. That's fine and all, but at least go get the free help being offered to you instead of wasting everyone's time and taking up a spot on the roster that could be given to someone who cares and really wants to be there. This whole thing with Evan is just ridiculous and I hope Vince and company double think about keeping him if he's just going to pull this crap again.

Most of you guys are idiots. It seems pretty obvious that Bourne wants out of WWE. Vince and Trips have some sick obsession with big guys. Bourne makes Punk look like a monster. And on top of that Bourne has been in the dog house as of late.

And you have to ask why he wouldn't want out? You guys act like WWE is the end all be all in wrestling. Haas, Benjamin and MVP should have all proven to you guys there is life outside of the WWE. Bourne skills would better be utilized in a pro-wrestling company rather than a "sports entertainment" company. I haven't seen him wrestle one match in a way he's capable of wrestling since joining the WWE. I hope they give him his release so he can go elsewhere.

As some others have stated, I think the problem is Evan just doesn't care anymore. He wants out of WWE. He'll either come back in two months and end up jobbing to the ultimate jobbers-JTG,Tyson Kidd, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks-or they'll just keep him off of TV and fire him somewhere down the road. This kind of sounds like the situation Carlito was in. Didn't he really want to quit or get fired back in the day? I seem to remember reading that he said some stuff to piss Triple H off.

Honestly, I think the WWE "Wellness Policy" is getting a little ridiculous.

If Evan did something illegal, he deserves to be suspended. But he didn't. There's no reason that these guys shouldn't be allowed to go out and party and have fun, and have a bit of a release. The WWE schedule is ridiculous. These guys bust their asses over 300 days a year. If he showed up to work while under the influence, that's another story. But it doesn't appear to be the case.

This is like suspending someone for going out to the bar after a show, and having a few drinks. How do you penalize someone, for taking a legal substance in their spare time?

And I think making these suspensions public is reprehensible. If the WWE can humiliate their employees publicly; then they shouldn't get mad when these guys speak out against the company via twitter or anywhere else.
Evan Bourne is not a drug addict, he's not a criminal...so why drag his name through the mud and attempt to destroy his career? The guy has a reputation now for being some kind of lowlife, drug addict - meanwhile, he hasn't even taken a drug. He just likes to unwind and enjoy himself in his spare time, which is no different from the rest of us...and basically every other human being on the planet.

P.S. - What happened to testing for steroid use...Mason Ryan?

And what about a guy like Orton, who was suspended twice already. We are really supposed to believe that after his second suspension - he just stopped whatever he was doing completely? Of course not, he's just protected because he's a main event guy.

Guys like Evan Bourne are used to make "examples" out of - and to show the media "look, our wellness policy is serious". But it isn't serious. It's a joke. It all depends on your position on the roster, and whether or not you are popular with the corporate bigshots.

I totally disagree with Bourne being punished. It sucks that we are going to end up losing a great performer over bullshit. Meanwhile, Vince used to let guys like Jake Roberts, and Road Warrior Hawk in the ring while coked out of their minds. Bourne isn't putting anyone in danger, not even himself. So leave the guy alone. Let him do his job, and let him live his life. He isn't bothering anyone.

He's done.

What a fucking dumbass. If most of us were making a decent amount of money and traveling the world and the rules were don't break the rules or else. Don't break the rules. I'm done wit Bourne just like I was done with Jeff Hardy. Sad thing is Kofi had to suffer because of him.

Wasted talent is the worse thing in life- A Bronx Tale

Too true! It's just sad, when you think of the people that would kill to be in Bourne's spot in the WWE. This seems to me, to just be open and blatant stupidity. I've heard people say they think he's trying to get released. If he wants to be let go, all he'd have to do is ask. Bourne is nowhere near a big enough star in WWE to cause even a momentary glitch in the product if he were to be gone for good. If nothing else, here's hoping this forces WWE to finally re-evaluate Kofi Kingston and put him into a singles push worth something.

It doesn't matter what your personal opinion on the illegal nature of marijuana, or whether or not the substance he was consuming was synthetic, when you work for a company like the WWE you don't make mistakes this stupid. It amazes me that people get to live out their dreams, finally make it to the stage they've worked their whole live to get to, and then blow it because of something as irrelevant as synthetic marijuana... Obviously, they tested him as soon as he got back, and he failed again. What kind of moron goes right back to the thing he got in trouble for, as soon as he's cleared to go back to work! You have to KNOW they're going to be keeping a closer eye on you!

Let's put this rumor to rest right now...he's not an addict. It's virtually impossible to get addicted to marijuana. Physically, it's impossible. Mentally, he'd have to be doing a whole hell of a lot of it, and definitely the real stuff. There are other, more legal methods of dealing with the pain, but from the stories of guys "doing it at parties" that doesn't seem to be the issue here. He's not working 20 minute matches or getting put through tables every week, and as a tag team guy he barely has to work half a match each night! To me, this sounds like a guy having fun, making stupid decisions because he's around other people. I'm not going to keep judging, or pretend I know the situation... It doesn't really matter. Point is he screwed up, immediately after getting a pass on his last screw up.

When you have kids looking up to you, when you've got a roster full of guys depending on you to keep bringing in fans, and when you've got a tag team partner whose push is on your shoulders...make smart decisions! He's not just fucking with his own career, he's effecting everyone around him. Don't think so? Notice that immediately after taking Bourne out of the picture, the other face champion Zack Ryder lost his belt in the midst of a huge fan-favored push. And he lost it to an incredibly hated heel... If that doesn't scream Ryder getting shoved aside so Kofi has something to do, I don't know what does. I'm just speculating at this point, but the bottom line is that he works in a team industry. That roster and lockeroom are a brotherhood, and while people are waiting in line to take your place, they still depend on him for paychecks. If nothing else, the kids around the world with their Air Boom shirts depend on him...

THIS is the kind of bullshit that makes me really respect John Cena for being the guy he is.

Assuming its for the same reason, do you realize how mentally stupid you need to be to actually do the same thing that got you suspended in the first place?

There is no excuse for it. As an example; If you get a DWI once, lose your license for a year, and then drink and drive again within 3 months of getting your license again , your an idiot. Same with this. He should be let go for this.

[Heel] Green Ranger;3658442 said:
It doesn't matter what your personal opinion on the illegal nature of marijuana, or whether or not the substance he was consuming was synthetic, when you work for a company like the WWE you don't make mistakes this stupid. It amazes me that people get to live out their dreams, finally make it to the stage they've worked their whole live to get to, and then blow it because of something as irrelevant as synthetic marijuana... Obviously, they tested him as soon as he got back, and he failed again. What kind of moron goes right back to the thing he got in trouble for, as soon as he's cleared to go back to work! You have to KNOW they're going to be keeping a closer eye on you!

Let's put this rumor to rest right now...he's not an addict. It's virtually impossible to get addicted to marijuana. Physically, it's impossible. Mentally, he'd have to be doing a whole hell of a lot of it, and definitely the real stuff. There are other, more legal methods of dealing with the pain, but from the stories of guys "doing it at parties" that doesn't seem to be the issue here. He's not working 20 minute matches or getting put through tables every week, and as a tag team guy he barely has to work half a match each night! To me, this sounds like a guy having fun, making stupid decisions because he's around other people. I'm not going to keep judging, or pretend I know the situation... It doesn't really matter. Point is he screwed up, immediately after getting a pass on his last screw up.

When you have kids looking up to you, when you've got a roster full of guys depending on you to keep bringing in fans, and when you've got a tag team partner whose push is on your shoulders...make smart decisions! He's not just fucking with his own career, he's effecting everyone around him. Don't think so? Notice that immediately after taking Bourne out of the picture, the other face champion Zack Ryder lost his belt in the midst of a huge fan-favored push. And he lost it to an incredibly hated heel... If that doesn't scream Ryder getting shoved aside so Kofi has something to do, I don't know what does. I'm just speculating at this point, but the bottom line is that he works in a team industry. That roster and lockeroom are a brotherhood, and while people are waiting in line to take your place, they still depend on him for paychecks. If nothing else, the kids around the world with their Air Boom shirts depend on him...

THIS is the kind of bullshit that makes me really respect John Cena for being the guy he is.

Ok, this is my first post so expecting some ridicule for saying this but what you said in your second paragraph is simply not true; I work within a sector that deals with addiction to a variety of substances and one of the substances i see a lot of is synthetic marijuana, spice, K2 whatever you like to call it; You are correct that marijuana in its natural form is not physically addictive, although psychological addiction doesnt need "large amounts" to be consumed just to be connected with positive feelings when taken;

however, synthetic marijuana is a lot stronger than its natural form and is HIGHLY addictive both physically and psychologically; ive seen people take it very few times and be addicted

As for the rest of your post, i agree; To become addicted you have to have taken it first therefore he is an idiot that's for sure, but im sorry hes not the devil and wrestlers have taken far worse in the recent past; If he gets fired, i wont have much sympathy however in a way i hope he isnt and that he can come back from this and win over the people hes disappointed

sorry for the long post, i guess in my profession you like to give people the benefit of the doubt even for the 3rd/4th time

Most of you guys are idiots. It seems pretty obvious that Bourne wants out of WWE. Vince and Trips have some sick obsession with big guys. Bourne makes Punk look like a monster. And on top of that Bourne has been in the dog house as of late.

And you have to ask why he wouldn't want out? You guys act like WWE is the end all be all in wrestling. Haas, Benjamin and MVP should have all proven to you guys there is life outside of the WWE. Bourne skills would better be utilized in a pro-wrestling company rather than a "sports entertainment" company. I haven't seen him wrestle one match in a way he's capable of wrestling since joining the WWE. I hope they give him his release so he can go elsewhere.

I really doubt he's trying to get released on purpose by failing drug tests. If he wanted out so bad he could simply asked to be released. Besides if he wanted to be released it would have happened by now. When someone fails for the second time they have to agree to go to rehab or be fired. If he hadn't agreed to go to rehab it would have been announced that he was released instead of suspended. Just like when Umanga was fired after his second failed test and refused rehab. It was made public immediately, so Bourne must have at least agreed to go to rehab.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get released soon after he completes rehab. The time he does have left in the WWE will be spent jobbing on Superstars I would imagine. If he is lucky enough to keep his job I doubt he'll ever get a descent push again. To fail two test in three months would indicate that either he has a serious problem or he's a complete moron. If he does have a serious problem I hope he can overcome it.

I couldn't imagine why he would be unhappy with his WWE status now. He was apart of a pretty popular tag team. That was finally bringing interest to the tag division. Which is probably why they didn't drop the titles after his first failed test. I'm sure he was making the most money from merchandise and card position as a member of Air Boom that he's made since joining WWE.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kofi bounce around the mid card for a while before finding another partner. In the mean time the Uso's will probably feud with the Colon's over the tag titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back