**MERGED** NXT Discussion- KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!

Should NXT and Superstars merge?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hear Leo Kruger is going to be part of the new NXT...interaction between him and Justin Gabriel one day should be interesting (both are from South Africa)...so I'm kind of rooting for him to win it if its going to be the same sort of thing where its a competition.

I hear Leo Kruger is going to be part of the new NXT...interaction between him and Justin Gabriel one day should be interesting (both are from South Africa)...so I'm kind of rooting for him to win it if its going to be the same sort of thing where its a competition.

Funny how you slated NXT in your last post then rave about it the next :shrug:

It's not going to be a competition, nor has this NXT for months if you bothered watching it. I will never understand why some fans spend more time talking on a forum about something they know nothing about as opposed to spending 45 minutes to watch a WWE show.

From reading the full sail articles on wrestlezone looks like it will just be a merging of NXT and FCW starting from scratch. If anything it looks like FCW storylines may be carrying onto NXT but not the old NXT ones, which seem to be dying down judging from this week's NXT.

I am looking forward to what they do about the champion situations. Could FCW belts be defended on NXT? Seems a better option to re-brand them NXT championships.

NXT has been at it's best since they scrapped the challenges. It's by no means the greatest show ever, but it's been one of the most entertaining. No-one cared about it, and that extended to the wrestlers because they just came up with mad, hilarious stuff that no basis in normal WWE reality. Couple that with the fact that Yoshi and Tyson had been tearing it up with the likes of Baretta and it was a magic show.

I don't really know if I want NXT to be good, to be honest.

I'm glad that the "reality/game show" aspect of the program is gone. Some concepts like selling fans merchandise in the crowd were interesting, but the obstacle course and carnival games were pretty bad. The idea was to have fans get to know the talent, but the best way to do that is featuring them in good matches.

I'm not sure if NXT should have a title. I would say they should avoid it because the "goal" of NXT is to get noticed and moved up to the main roster. Furthermore, if a young rookie wins his first championship on NXT after being with the company for 3 months, you have just created an egomaniac who feels he deserves more titles. Perhaps the goal of NXT should be to get featured in the main event.

I like the idea of Nxt being the "indy show" for WWE. I think that its great that (even though its not that much) these guys are getting national exposure. And its a clever move because the guys won't be coming into the main roster "dry" anymore. This makes it in theory a lot easier for the guy to get over

From what I've gathered, the new NXT is going to be a totally revamped version of the old one -- it'll basically be a showcase for lesser talent and FCW guys. This version of NXT will transition into being more of a third brand (I'm not counting Superstars), rather than being a competition/game show type of deal. To me, it just seems like a great idea on WWE's part, allowing them to give developmental talents some real experience, while not ending up with the crap that the old NXT had -- I.E. one season running for 66 weeks, because they pigeonholed themselves into only using a handful of guys. The new NXT comes off like a REAL showcase for lowercard/new talent, which is exactly what it should be.

I'm really excited to see the first few weeks of the new NXT, but according to everything that I've been reading, the shows turned out really good. The shows won't be silly and pointless any longer, instead we'll be given good wrestling and storylines from guys who really just need the exposure. A lot of the guys on the new NXT will be able to prove themselves to WWE officials, helping with bringing talent up to the main roster -- which is yet another benefit of the new NXT. So, all in all, I'm looking forward to the new NXT. It's going to be a legitimate brand, with legitimate wrestling and storylines -- which is everything that the old NXT failed to be.

I don't see why they don't just drop NXT and just sindicate FCW...if they don't want it to be called FCW then change the name. Keep the talent and rebrand it.... the whole NXT concept FAILED.

I hate when people say something failed just because they personally think it's not that great. For starters, NXT was doing ECW numbers before season 3 came about. It wasn't like it was this crappy show that just sat there and did nothing. Not to mention, the only reason it got sent to WWE.com is because WWE wanted Smackdown to be on cable television just like Raw, instead of it being on Network television. Furthermore, NXT is steel seen on television world wide outside of the United States, where it's still doing pretty well for a Superstars like show.

As for the "New" NXT, I think there's no point in anything being new other than bringing people in. I think the people who are already in WWE like the Usos, Tyson, and all of them should be moved to just superstars and let guys like Rollins, Steamboat, Bo, and a few other NXT cast offs compete on that show. This way they can get more exposure before moving up to Superstars and then to raw or smackdown.

Also, I'd like to point out that I don't see this being a mere season. I think this can and most likely will be the moment where they just bring NXT up as a D-Show and let it gain them some more money. By the way, if you ever go to a Smackdown or Raw while they're taping NXT, don't be surprised when the Usos are getting huge pops.

I saw the promo's of some of the wrestlers and have seen the main video promo. I've been actually watching Nxt lately because sometimes it's just interesting to see how the lower card are doing and Regal was doing cometary and I find really funny. The new Nxt appears to be FCW which makes me wonder what will happen to the current Nxt roster, adding more people makes for jumbled undercard roster. It does have my attention, I love seeing new and different talent, a nice alternative to seeing the same people on Raw and Smackdown.

ProWrestlingFan84, I was just asking my husband about the people currently on NXT. Their storylines weren't that bad and when seeing them in person with a RAW or Smackdown taping really shows they've got talent. HIs thought was like someone else mentioned - maybe more experienced ones will move on to Superstars and the rest stay along with the new ones from FCW.

@ CraigThe13th

If you actually read the two posts that I made you will find yes I slated NXT and I raved about a performer not the show. Don't be a self-righteous troll.

On topic.
What would the guys motivation be?? Maybe create a wwe nxt television title and the title holder has to defend the belt at every televised wwe event?? Or gets a showcase match on raw and smackdown for the duration of their reign and has to defend every week on Nxt? There must be some payoff to give the fans a reason to watch. Whether the powers that be think so or not titles mean just as much to fans as they do to performers.

I liked how NXT was during Seasons 1-3. If it were more like that, with a bit more innovation, such as putting up better storylines and perhaps rivalries between the rookies, I could definitely tolerate it, probably more-so than Raw.

@ Hashtag Killer

What was the purpose of NXT?? Was it not to showcase the new talent wanting to get a wwe contract in a reality based format correct. Season 1 gave us Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan, the rest don't feature on the main roster. Season 2 gave us AJ and Aksana I think...season 3 gave us the funkersaurus and recently has given the wwe nothing...do you seriously think that NXT served its purpose it set out for?? NO...that's why IMO it failed. And why in the WWE's opinion it Failed hence the change in concept.

More on the topic on hand
Like the majority has been saying. Nxt needs to showcase new talent and introduce them to the WWE universe. But a reason is needed to invest emotionally in the characters. The interesting thing will be the reason we are given. A title?? A probationary stint on the main roster?? There needs to be a carrot to motivate us the fans to watch it.

NXT and Superstars are both shows that don't make sense. There aren't any promos or rivalries, as The Mark says, which makes it boring with just stupid matches that don't make sense. Those shows don't have many viewers and the crowd is always silent unless the wrestlers have been on raw and smackdown once. They need more viewers and putting the two shows together, changing the name maybe, and putting it on TV might give these shows some revenue with wrestle zone and other wrestling involved companies. This is how I think the NXT and superstar problem given to us by The Mark should be resolved.

Ok first off, those who say NXT doesn't have promos, rivalries and/or storylines, I need to ask when was the last time have you watched NXT? Because after they dropped all the challenges crap, they had promos, rivalries and storylines. They had promos from folks like Reks and Hawkins, Michael McGullicutty, Tyson Kidd, JTG and others. They had rivalries as in Kidd vs. McGullicutty, Titus O'Neill & Darren Young vs. The Usos, Young vs. O'Neill, Reks & Hawkins vs. Regal, Reks & Hawkins vs. Striker, then in the storyline area you had Maxine & Curtis being handcuffed together, you had Reks & Hawkins being disgruntle employees who believe they should be main eventing RAW and Smackdown, Young trying to hook up with Tamina, the striker kidnapping and there are probably some that I'm missing.

Secondly. NXT became much better after they dropped the challenges and other crap. Yeah it was interesting during the first season, but starting with the 2nd season until like the middle of NXT redemption it became pointless, boring and stupid. There are some really good talent on that show, especially tag team wise. Reks & Hawkins and McGillicutty & Curtis can be future tag team champions.

Third: I have been watching a lot of FCW TV show lately and I have been impressed with many on their roster, especially Brad Maddox and Bray Wyatt

Secondly. NXT became much better after they dropped the challenges and other crap. Yeah it was interesting during the first season, but starting with the 2nd season until like the middle of NXT redemption it became pointless, boring and stupid. There are some really good talent on that show, especially tag team wise. Reks & Hawkins and McGillicutty & Curtis can be future tag team champions.

I agree after the chalenges and stuff NXT was able to be more like a real show and less of a bastardized american idol/wrestling show. Also, tag team are really heating up in NXT and I see future WWE tag team champions in alot of the teams. I'm excited to see what the new NXT will be like.

I voted yes.

Since both are internet shows I think they are irrelevant. If they were to be combined and put on actual TV, I might watch them for reasons other then Mcintyre. I want it also to be merged with FCW, and have it's own set of titles. Keep it separate from Raw and Smackdown roster wise and I think you'd have a very entertaining C show that would get more ratings then TNA and ROH combined. If I was running the program I'd steal TNa's bound for Glory gimmick with the winner of that getting a spot in the Royal Rumble or MITB ladder match. I'd bring back the cruiser weight title but call it something different like TNA did with the X-division championship. So the titles would look like this

NXT Championship

NXT TV title(which would be defended every broadcast)

NXT X-division title(call it something else)

NXT Tag-Team championship

Give the show 2 hours and put it up against TNA on Thursdays preferably live, but it's not a deal breaker. It would be like a better version of WWE owned ECW.

hell if it does well you can even have it's own PPV online and charge 20 bucks for it.

I voted yes.

Since both are internet shows I think they are irrelevant. If they were to be combined and put on actual TV, I might watch them for reasons other then Mcintyre. I want it also to be merged with FCW, and have it's own set of titles. Keep it separate from Raw and Smackdown roster wise and I think you'd have a very entertaining C show that would get more ratings then TNA and ROH combined. If I was running the program I'd steal TNa's bound for Glory gimmick with the winner of that getting a spot in the Royal Rumble or MITB ladder match. I'd bring back the cruiser weight title but call it something different like TNA did with the X-division championship. So the titles would look like this

NXT Championship

NXT TV title(which would be defended every broadcast)

NXT X-division title(call it something else)

NXT Tag-Team championship

Give the show 2 hours and put it up against TNA on Thursdays preferably live, but it's not a deal breaker. It would be like a better version of WWE owned ECW.

hell if it does well you can even have it's own PPV online and charge 20 bucks for it.

Sounds good, but I don't think WWE would have faith in it and the championships would be way to similar to TNA. Good idea though, I like the way you think.

would be way to similar to TNA
Yea I know I borrowed a lot of things from TNA, what can I say, sometimes they get it right over there. I fell like WWE could runa better version of TNA and NXT would be it, the similarities, that is meant on purpose as I would put it up against TNA directly. I would choke all the air out of TNA, have the fans that watch WWE and TNA choose sides. This may sound evil, but it's what any successful CEO would do. All they would need is a 2hr timeslot and a network to broadcast them and with WWE programming bein the highest rated program on both SciFy and USA that shouldn't be a tough sell.

There is a possibility championships on NXT.

Move the FCW championships to NXT. There would be 4 titles, the FCW Florida heavyweight championship, the FCW Florida tag team championship, the FCW Florida divas championship and the FCW Jack Brisco 15 championship. It would be much easier than creating new titles.

Excited for the new look and enviornment, and agreed there should be some titles thrown on there. I have said since day one, NXT should have some titles. Possibly just a world title and maybe a TV title.

A way to do this is to make it like ECW was back once upon a time, full stop. Send some vets down there part time, who are in the end of their carreers, with the occasional appearance by a big name guy, a US or IC champ, some such. Really, one or two fairly recognizable guys should be on there, and would be a fine place to have legends pop up once in a while as well.

Superstars may just simply disappear. Split the roster of "regulars" between the new NXT, and the First hour of SD. Split the upper mid card and ME of SD onto its second hour, and the first hour and half of raw (or something of the sort, obviously the WHC or what have you will be higher on the card)

Knowing WWE, something else...Probably much more stupid....Will occur. More heatless, pointless matches with groups of four guys that no one knows or cares about, cutting no promos or having any development.

I would also like to see an entirely different booking crew for NXT, let some good minds have it, and run with it. The more they differentiate booking on the seperate brands, the more a facsimilie of the territory system that seasoned so many top performers will revive, if ever so slightly.

Excited for NXT. Hopefully they run with it properly.

NXT better be run well, I don't want another filler show. It needs to be exciting to get the new guys over with the crowd. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Just finished watching the new NXT which was the 6/20/12 show. I must say NXT was the best wrestling show I have seen in forever. Maybe it was the fresh faces? Maybe it was the Ascension? Maybe it was JR and Regal as the announce team? Maybe it was even the intro song. Welcome Home such a classic and it really fit the overall theme. It's weird as to why WWE decided to not air this new show, at least that's what I've heard. If they really didn't then they better do so soon, because I'm ready to see more of this new NXT. Regardless I'm just curious if you saw it I'm wondering what you thought of it? If I get to see next weeks episode I sure as hell can't wait to see Seth Rollin's debut match.

Side Note: Not sure if this is allowed to be posted, so any admins seeing this just take down this post.

I also just finished watching and I totally agree, it's fresh and I'm excited for the next episode; which has not been the case with RAW and SD for quite a while!

The Ascencion look awesome and can't wait for their move up into the main roster, but i think they'll need a some good quality matches in NXT first to build up momentum and identifaction to the fans.

Wow just watched NXT and that has got to be some of the most refreshing hour of wrestling I've seen in a while. You really get this grass root, indy vibe from the show. Plus the commentary of JR and Regal really give it some class. Great to see Jr on NXT he can really help get some of these young guys get over. I can't wait for Seth Rollins debut next week. I hope the TheScore up in Canada will eventually broadcast this season of NXT. Oh and the Ascension, I can see some great potential.

The show was great it. It reminded me of an old NWA show back in the 80s when they shot matches in a television studio or even a bit of WCW Worldwide. Having Dusty as NXT GM helped with that as well. (I wouldn't mind him on commentary with JR and Regal as well)

The squash matches were great for Bo Dallas and Ascension to display their talent. Then the Hennig/Kidd main event was a tremendous pay off. They should air this nationally. Maybe as a syndicated show.

Deffinately agree it was an impressive first show. Lucky we get it on tv down here in Australia. The Ascentian looked like a cool team and could see them as possible tag champs on the main roster one day. Bo Dallas didn't impress me all that much to be honest but it was only the first show so we will see him improve i'm sure. The highlight of the show for me though was the main event between Tyson Kidd and Michael McGillicutty. Great match that everyone should try and take a look at. Seriously one of the better non ppv matches this year. Looking forward to next weeks episode with Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back