**Merged** Raw Power To The People Discussion (KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!)

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
So, next week on Raw is the "Power To The People" Edition, where the Matches/Stipulations/Wrestlers are all picked by YOU, the WWE Universe. So, what I'm going to do, is list the Matches, and their Stipulations, that I would like to see next week on this special edition of Raw.

1) - "Showcase" Match - Evan Bourne vs Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara
Now, obviously, being 3 Hours long, this will be a cross-branded show (More than likely). This is a match, for me, that I would love to see kick off the show. 3 High-Flying Talents, all showing off to their best extent in the Ring. If I had to pick one of these 3 to come out on top, I'd say that Mysterio would probably be distracted/attacked by the Nexus, so Sin Cara is the likely option for me, with all 3 men attacking Ryan, McGillicutty & Otunga after the match, hitting finishers to end a showcase.

2) Submission Match - Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk
Now come on, who wouldn't want to see this one happen? Now, the way I'd have this one play out is as such. Don't make this one too long. Have Punk possibly come out on top through some small distraction. Get the crowd really into it by pulling off some big moves and something eye-catching, but then have it end early. That way, if they are going to fight a match down the line, we know that we're in for a big treat.

3) PPV Rematch - Street Fight - Alex Riley vs The Miz
Obviously, we've not seen Capitol Punishment yet, but I've got a feeling this match may steal the show. If it didn't I would be surprised, I'll tell you that. I can imagine Riley being pretty brutal anyways on Sunday Night, but on Monday Night, having a Street Fight could just allow for that "bit more". I think this match would have great potential and would truly allow Riley to come out on top.

4) Nikki Bella vs Beth Phoenix (Title Match)
Simple, I would like to see Beth win the Diva's Title and I would love the WWE Universe to take credit for giving it to Beth. Beth is a great wrestler and always looks dominant, she needs some... Pink & Silver? to put around her waist to start making her look credible again.

5) John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio
You don't know HOW badly I want to see this match happen, and soon. I just think it would work so well. Basically, R-Truth loses his Title match at C.P, so the GM chimes in and says "Well, you need a fresh Opponent, so lets have the Universe decide from (Insert Superstars here), then they vote Del Rio! I can safely say this would be great Main Event material and something I would absolutely LOVE to watch. Del Rio should come out on top, but he probably wouldn't here, courtesy of John Cena's 5 moves & Big Show.

So, there's a brief view of a few matches I would like to see next Monday.

How about you??

There is no way that the WWE will put Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio in the same match right now, they are slowly building Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania.

These 3 hour special (2 hours and 10 minutes to be precise), they will make a Cyber Sunday sort of thing.

It will bring Alex Riley vs The Miz, and R-Truth vs John Cena again.
I think that we don't count for shitt, it's manipulated so we will not see what we want.
I also think that Kelly Kelly will be Divas Champion at this show, so I'm pretty glad about that.

We can maybe see an USA Title Match between Dolph Ziggler vs Evan Bourne/Zack Ryder, or Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger, who ever wins at Sunday will still retain here.

I'm in total favor of seeing "The American Nightmare" Drew McIntyre at Monday Night Raw.

Although that sounds like a great card we have to remember your gonna have the kids going to wwe .com and voting for the stupid matches and stupid gimmicks. They will probably vote for dance compititions and vote for matches that have been done a lot like Cena vs Orton.

I always felt like any voting show (I'm including American Idol and other shows like it too) are rigged despite any claims they make otherwise.

Anyone can manipulate votes and make it look like they wanted choice A, B or C.

Wasn't this not a piece of shit last year?

They stick up three options, whether it be for who this guy should face or what rules these guys should under. It isn't like WWE open up the whole card for people. You get three stupid options that they want you to pick anyway.

For exmaple, It'll be something like...

Who Should John Cena face?
1. R-Truth
2. Alberto Del Rio
3. Dolph Ziggler

It's just Cyber Sunday brought to Monday Night RAW. Personally I'm not a fan of the whole system, I realize they have a limit and they even know themselves that if they opened up the whole show for the WWE Universe to create that they'd probably end up with John Cena opening the show with Primo Colon and Zack Ryder main eventing against R-Truth or something.

I like the concept but as some have mentioned, it's obviously not real. They will pick the matches ahead of time and make it look like that's what the Little Jimmys voted for.

They should use this RAW to reveal the anonymous RAW GM. Something like "Do you want the RAW GM to reveal himself tonight?"

I think this "fan's choice" idea is being done to feed into the R-Truth "Little Jimmy" thing.

Uh yeah, to the original poster. You must not remember how Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday worked. They just throw up obvious choices to get the results they want or they push for the result they want. If they want Cena vs. Truth again they, will have Truth attack Cena so the little ****** fans vote for that match. If they want a cage match they will have King come in the ring and do a promo about how brutal cage matches are so they pick that one. Also, yes, I can almost guarantee there will be a dance contest at some point.

Uh yeah, to the original poster. You must not remember how Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday worked. They just throw up obvious choices to get the results they want or they push for the result they want. If they want Cena vs. Truth again they, will have Truth attack Cena so the little ****** fans vote for that match. If they want a cage match they will have King come in the ring and do a promo about how brutal cage matches are so they pick that one. Also, yes, I can almost guarantee there will be a dance contest at some point.

:lmao:

That is the truth. There will be some sort of dance contest or a divas swimsuit/pillow fight/bra and panties match.

It's so obvious what the main event choice will be:

Who do you want Cena to defend the WWE title against, R-Truth, The Miz or Alberto Del Rio?

Did no-one read my first line? I put, these were matches I WOULD LIKE TO SEE

These are totally what I would want to see on this sort of show. I know for a fact I wouldn't get to see any of it, but I'm trying to get across here that my little "Thoughts" are what should actually how this kind of show should go down.

this power to the people thing is going to have a shocker in it last year we got this nexus so hopefully this year the raw gm reveals himself

I hate these viewer's choice episodes... I remember last year we had to watch a dance off between Santino and that russian dude, and a tag team match between the Hart Dynasty and Hornswoggle and Khali...

Only good thing that came out of that episode was the Nexus making their oh so wonderful debut.

The only thought I had about this show so far was when Stone Cold announced it, he seemed so pissed at the anonymous Raw GM, that he would uncover the GM's identity that week. He already had made some indications that it might be Michael Cole. Buuuut I suppose this Anonymous crap will just keep going on and on.

This is just another stupid gimmick and everything will still be scripted to the tee....like when Tddy long had the fans "vote" who Christian should face between randy, henry, and khali...umm yeah...and when Christian says do you want to see me come out there and face Randy? Just another gimmick....If you want to see fill in the blank wrestle fill in the blank give me a hell yeah.. HELL YEAH

The only thing I hope for because its "Power to the People" is that the self proclaimed "Peoples Champion" doesn't rear his ugly head and ruin another Raw this year for me. As long as this doesn't happen Ill be fine with whatever takes place, because as we all know (Well most of us) wrestling isn't real and as many other posters have pointed out the WWE will get whatever results they want because the WWE Universe is full of ******s

I really hope they bring The Rock out now. Just to disappoint you.
They deserve it, he's a true Legend and an amazing Superstar. Would be amazing to see him make a showing next Monday.

P.S - You never read the WHOLE Thread I made about you.

I really hope they bring The Rock out now. Just to disappoint you.
They deserve it, he's a true Legend and an amazing Superstar. Would be amazing to see him make a showing next Monday.

P.S - You never read the WHOLE Thread I made about you.

I wasn't aware there was a whole thread for me. Where is it?

and I really hope they do not bring him out, he's terrible and takes to much time away from other WWE performers who work 300+ days a year for their spots.

Id rather it be the Raw Roulette, so many great Raw's happened with that wheel

Shut the hell up, ooohhhhhhh the poor "boys" work 300+ days a year for their spots....Since you are such a champion of the locker room, maybe you could get them to explain to you how 1 man has more charisma, and promo ability than all of them put together. You realize without him, Wrestlemania would have done about 75% of the buys it did this year. He should come out, he should have themost segments on the show, and he should even win the WWE Championship on the same night. It might actually get Raw a little buzz, god knows they are missing it after about 10 years of being irrelevant.

I love the ideas for your matches, but the last one sticks out like a sore thumb. They aren't going to give away a match like that on free tv, even if it ends in with interference. It's too big.

With another 3 hour Raw set for tomorrow night, we are once again given the "people's choice" gimmick for all of the matches during the show. While we all question the validity of the polls that are presented, one has to wonder: Will Ryder even be a choice on it?

I don't understand what is preventing the WWE from giving the kid a shot. Whether or not you're a fan of his is irrevelant, the fact that fans are now chanting his name on nearly every show (whether televised or house), especially on a PPV card and you have to wonder if Ryder will ever get his chance.

My hope is that with Ziggler winning the U.S. Title Ryder will get a real face turn (not the Long Island/Superstars one) and a chance to compete in the midcard on Raw. The fans want it, the boys in the back on it, so what are you waiting for creative? You've certainly shoved worse wrestlers down our throats over the last few years.

Not happening ever, he won't be a choice on any ballot, unless its a poll for a dance contest or making out with Mae Young. I'm indifferent on Ryder, but he does not have this mythical support that 14 people on this board claim he does, give it up.

[/QUOTE} You've certainly shoved worse wrestlers down our throats over the last few years.[/QUOTE]

Agree with the last poster about this quote. What the hell does that mean? The problem with WWE is that they feed us too much crap, and Ryder would fall into that crap at this point. Once again, he won't be on the show, and if he is, it will be something silly to give the finger to to the infinitesimal amount of intarwebz fans who think he should be world champ.

So what makes Ryder that great? All he does is be goofy. You won't see someone with that gimmick headline wrestlemania or any PPV.

He is like Santino quite honestly.

You've certainly shoved worse wrestlers down our throats over the last few years.

What does that even mean? I don't see how they do that at all.

Not happening ever, he won't be a choice on any ballot, unless its a poll for a dance contest or making out with Mae Young. I'm indifferent on Ryder, but he does not have this mythical support that 14 people on this board claim he does, give it up.

Mythical support? Just what in the heck are you claiming? If the guy wasn't over he wouldn't be receiving chants on a PPV where he isn't even advertised. If he wasn't over he wouldn't have so many people AND superstars asking for him to be given a chance to show his skills on television.

If you don't like the guy, thats fine. But to deny his popularity is just plain ignorance. I hate John Cena, but I wouldn't sit here and claim that he isn't hugely popular.

The Suplexer Perfecter said:
So what makes Ryder that great?

He is popular and has a fan base because the guy has charisma and can work a match.

All he does is be goofy. You won't see someone with that gimmick headline wrestlemania or any PPV.

He is like Santino quite honestly.

It's the gimmick he was given, and to his credit he's done something with it. He's grown his fanbase from the "goofy" gimmick, and I don't think anyone is asking for him to headline Wrestlemania, for fucks sake, but he deserves a chance to work the midcard and show off his talent.

He's only like Santino in that he's a comedic character, though I find him more humorous than I do Santino and yet Santino gets airtime very frequently.

What does that even mean? I don't see how they do that at all.

Here's an example for you, Khali. Won the title for christ sake. :disappointed:

Oh yes that huge wave of support for Zack Ryder, I must be hard of hearing, I am missing the giant roars of the crowd. In fact I hear 10 fat idiots in the front corner yelling we want Ryder. And please don't pull out his youtube views or subscriptions, Rebecca Black had millions of hits and her song was horrible, dancing cats have lots of hits too. Also, how in the hell would you know anything about what any of the other wrestlers want? Because Dolph and Jericho posted that he should have been on last week on twitter? Because of some anonymous wrestlezone story? Please. He will not be on the show and if he is I hope they humiliate him because I am tiring of puny Zack Ryder intarwebz fan club.

Mythical support? Just what in the heck are you claiming? If the guy wasn't over he wouldn't be receiving chants on a PPV where he isn't even advertised. If he wasn't over he wouldn't have so many people AND superstars asking for him to be given a chance to show his skills on television.

If you don't like the guy, thats fine. But to deny his popularity is just plain ignorance. I hate John Cena, but I wouldn't sit here and claim that he isn't hugely popular.

He is popular and has a fan base because the guy has charisma and can work a match.
It's the gimmick he was given, and to his credit he's done something with it. He's grown his fanbase from the "goofy" gimmick, and I don't think anyone is asking for him to headline Wrestlemania, for fucks sake, but he deserves a chance to work the midcard and show off his talent.

He's only like Santino in that he's a comedic character, though I find him more humorous than I do Santino and yet Santino gets airtime very frequently.
Here's an example for you, Khali. Won the title for christ sake. :disappointed:

Ryder was over in his hometown. Who isn't? The guys chanting for him on the PPV were in the front row so it was easy to hear them. It sure wasn't as many as people make it out to be.

Remember his match vs Kofi which was his first on TV in a while? No one made noise for him.

Santino is more over than Ryder, so he gets more TV time.

Khali won the world title because Edge was injured and vacated it. It also didn't last long and he hasn't been NEAR the main event since.

To tell you the truth though, Khali may be terrible in the ring, but he has something Ryder doesn't, he is a gigantic freak of nature. No matter how bad you are Vince can sell that as an attraction. He can't exactly say "HEY COME SEE ZACK RYDER.........YOUTUBE SENSATION!" Sorry to break hearts, but he will most likely be humiliated tomorrow night or get no votes on a poll so you are all put in your places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back