**MERGED** NXT Discussion- KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!

Should NXT and Superstars merge?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

The ShIT Factor

Sex-Division Champion of the World!
I have been watching NXT and Superstars for a while now and the shows aren't bad and the wrestling is good, but there are no feuds or promos on either show. How are wrestlers supposed to show of their character and get over with the crowd by just doing matches, they have got to showcase their mic skills and get some interesting stories going on. All the new guys have different backgrounds and styles so it would be cool to see them actually feud and have meaningful matches with their melting pot of styles. My solution would be merging NXT and Superstars into a two hour show so the up and coming wrestlers can show themselves off and have more time to impress the crowd. It would be good for the kids to have more time so they can become the new stars of WWE. If there aren't alot of viewers they can even put the Intercontinental and United States title up for grabs on the show, so it gives the show star power and gives the new stars a stepping stone to greatness. In my mind that would be a great move for everyone.

that would be foolish considering NXT has already taped 1st 4 episodes of a format change that I see debuting in July that is mainly FCW roster

They're already turning NXT into the new Developomental. I think we'll see the Superstars guys on Smackdown or RAW a lot more often, especially with RAW going to be three hours soon.

Superstars is just a filler show at this point, filling the role of Heat. NXT at least has potential as a developmental show and right now is like a land of the misfit storylines, discarded from Raw and Smackdown writing meetings, and often one of the best bits of wrestling I watch weekly.

Superstars is just a filler show at this point, filling the role of Heat. NXT at least has potential as a developmental show and right now is like a land of the misfit storylines, discarded from Raw and Smackdown writing meetings, and often one of the best bits of wrestling I watch weekly.

What I'm saying is that if both shows get merged into one ,so we don't have superstars, then with the 2 hours NXT can become a bigger, better, and entertaining and be an all around better place for the new wrestlers.

Nxt has lost thei edge since the 4th season.
i feel nxt should be ended. for a new show to start. what is your opinion

I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of it. Got to see some good talent but what really bored me was season 3 with the divas. That really turned me off and didn't really watch it since.

I only enjoyed the first season with the aftermath of the nexus. But it was a bit predictable that something like that would happen after the first season.

Ive never been to interested in nxt. I've watched it a few times and some talent are main roster worthy.
But I agree after the 1st season n Nexus, it lost its buzz

NXT is currently the most consistent WWE produced show, it still airs weekly in Canada, India and Europe, it also gains a good number of hits on the WWE.com website so people still have an interest. It showcases the lower card of the WWE in a unique style. Sometimes when the likes of Tyson Kidd or Derrick Bateman appear on RAW or Smackdown, they got jobbed out, when they appear on NXT, they put on a wrestling show, NXT is a wrestling show and a very good one to boot.

And hold your breath, it isn't going to be scrapped. They recorded four episodes for a new series; it was kind of big news last month, with them filming on the University of Florida campus and featuring a number of new talents from Florida Championship Wrestling, as well as some current WWE stars and current NXT stars. Jim Ross even returned to commentary and has informed the fans that WWE are searching for a new network provider for the new series, and even if they don't find one, it still gets shown in Canada, India and Europe.

Also, jared96, stop making threads.

NXT 1 and 2 had good talent, they ruined it when Kaval won though. I can't stand Kaval, I'm glad he left, Riley or McGillicutty should have won end of story

Kaval was one of the best there but they just destroyed him afterwards as well as the other nxt winners. Barret made a name for himself after nexus but then he got boring;)

NXT is currently one of the best WWE shows. Good matches, characters, commentary and a better action:talk ratio than the other shows.

Ill be skipping through raw now that its gna be three hours of talk, but i will watch all of NXT cause its better!

To say "Lost It's Edge" would give the indication it actually had one.

Yes, the original NXT which became NEXUS was a cool and innovative idea. That's where it should have ended though.

Alex Riley? Husky Harris? Mike McGuili-whatever? PALLLLEESSSEEE! To continue after Nexus was a dumb fuckin idea by dumb fuckin writers. Now, NXT is less fun that shaving your head with a cheese grater.

It should be burried never to return.

According to WWE.com, today's episode of NXT is "...the final episode of WWE NXT before the start of the explosive All New NXT". So it looks like this season is finally over and we will have something new next week.

Just because NXT lost the competition angle doesn't mean that its edge is gone. Right now NXT is the ideal place for young and talented wrestlers to get their start. Also, it showcases great talent without the corny competition bullshit. Think before you post next time jared96
Also, jared96, stop making threads.
Testify brother

With the new NXT premiering soon, what would you expect to change it in besides the wrestlers, storylines, etc.? Will they have championships or not?
Do you think storylines from NXT: Redemption carry over to the new NXT?

Do people even know what's happening on NXT anyways? The NXT right now is much better than the first season NXT. No challenges, no rankings, no redemption points. It's almost like an Indy wrestling show. All the jobbers you see like JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, Tyson Kidd, Derrick Bateman, Johnny Curtis, Heath Slater, Reks and Hawkins, etc... appear on NXT and it's not a bad show. Season 5 is the best season after they got rid of all the redemption stuff. Season 6 will start next week, as NXT merges with FCW to have the All New NXT at Full Sail University. Sounds like a damn good project to me.

I doubt it - if only because they've already got 4 weeks of shows gathering dust waiting for air and if I remember correctly had zero current wwe talent. It'll be along the lines of what they should have done with bateman - once you excel - you're off to a better program. Basically I expect it to be FCW tv for a national audience. Perhaps its only existance is to rival Ring of Honor on sinclair.

The new NXT looks exactly like FCW and I am hoping that its production will be similar.

And if NXT is going the FCW route then the show may be on the verge of being the best show WWE has to offer the hardcore fans, as it speaks to a totally different demographic...and I think that demographic is US on this forum.
Tripple H is showing Vince a wrestling show that I will argue could Rival IMPACT! if given the propper direction.

I don't see why they don't just drop NXT and just sindicate FCW...if they don't want it to be called FCW then change the name. Keep the talent and rebrand it.... the whole NXT concept FAILED.

Like ive added on other threads. NXT looks like its gonna be basically the Raw to FCW's Smackdown or Vice versa.
Things are looking up and Tripple H is showing Vince what he is capeable of behind the scenes.

NXT could and should become a show that TNA may start seing as their main Rival before Raw & Smackdown

I'll say this. Moving the tapings to Full Sail was a genius move. Now they're not just developing in-ring talent, but also cultivating video editing talent. By giving the students at the school real footage to work with and edit, as well as exposing them to the product as a career option after school, the new NXT is a good thing on every front for the WWE. Video editing is just as important, if not the most important thing, in today's product as being able to talk or work in the ring. Especially given how many recaps they are want to do, often of things that just happened on the same episode.

I saw the promo's of some of the wrestlers and have seen the main video promo. I've been actually watching Nxt lately because sometimes it's just interesting to see how the lower card are doing and Regal was doing cometary and I find really funny. The new Nxt appears to be FCW which makes me wonder what will happen to the current Nxt roster, adding more people makes for jumbled undercard roster. It does have my attention, I love seeing new and different talent, a nice alternative to seeing the same people on Raw and Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back