WWE Survivor Series 2011 *General Discussion* - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

With this year being the 25th annual Survivor Series, I think almost the entire card should be traditional Survivor Series matches

Main Event
Cena, HHH, CM Punk, Rock, Morrison vs. Alberto, Miz,Truth, Nash, X-Pac

Randy Orton, Sheamus, Ryder, Air Boom vs. Cody Rhodes, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Otunga

Triple Threat World Heavyweight Title Match
Big Show vs. Mark Henry vs Kane

Mason Ryan, Jackson, Dibiase, Sin Cara, D. Bryan vs. Barrett, Brodus Clay, Jinder Mahal, Sin Cara, Drew McIntyre

Divas Survivor Series Match
Kelly Kelly, Eve, Alicia Fox, Kaitlyn, AJ vs. Beth, Natalya, Tamina, Bellas

NXT Survivor Series Match
Striker, Santino, Percy Watson, Titus O'Neil, Yoshi vs. Regal, JTG, Darren Young, Derrick Bateman, Johnny Curtis

Dark Match
A-RY, Gabriel, Barretta, Uso's vs. Slater, Tyson Kidd, Primo, Hawkins, Reks

Match 2: Daniel Bryan vs John Morrison
what the? This is more like loser vs. loser match. Why put them on the same match? Both of them are in a losing streak then you are putting them on a PPV card more importantly at a 'Survivor Series'?

and I believe we already have a survivor series keep it all thread pinned at the top.

I have no idea where WWE is going with all these storylines but they are all fucked up.
McMahon or Laurinitis arent going to be wrestling so why are they in some of your matches?
Prob Awesome Truth, Nash, Del Rio, possibly Jericho v. HHH, Punk, Rock, Cena, Austin/Taker but thats so much star power in one match who do you eliminate without making them look weak?
I wish they'd keep Christian, Rhodes, Ziggler, Swagger, Barrett together for a Survivor Series match since they were the ones complaining the most but idk whod they face. Air-Boom, Ryder, A-Ry, and Bryan?

IDK if anyone can make sense of what WWE is doing right now because Im pretty sure with the writers rewriting Raw over and over again before it airs they have no idea where they are going with this. So far I've been disappointed how they have dropped the ball with different storylines and hopefully by Survivor Series something makes sense

Possible 2011 WWE Survivor Series Main Event:
Team WWE: The Rock, John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, and CM Punk.
VS.
Team Conspiracy: The Miz, R-Truth, Christian, Mark Henry, and Cody Rhodes.

Special Guest Referee: 2009 WWE Hall Of Famer, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I have no idea where WWE is going with all these storylines but they are all fucked up.
McMahon or Laurinitis arent going to be wrestling so why are they in some of your matches?
Prob Awesome Truth, Nash, Del Rio, possibly Jericho v. HHH, Punk, Rock, Cena, Austin/Taker but thats so much star power in one match who do you eliminate without making them look weak?
I wish they'd keep Christian, Rhodes, Ziggler, Swagger, Barrett together for a Survivor Series match since they were the ones complaining the most but idk whod they face. Air-Boom, Ryder, A-Ry, and Bryan?

IDK if anyone can make sense of what WWE is doing right now because Im pretty sure with the writers rewriting Raw over and over again before it airs they have no idea where they are going with this. So far I've been disappointed how they have dropped the ball with different storylines and hopefully by Survivor Series something makes sense

Here's the thing... I can not safely say that Vince McMahon and Johnny Ace won't be wrestling. This is the WWE and for many years we've seen storylines like this struggle for power happen and we've seen Vinnie Mac "wrestle." I personally can see a very HIGH probability of this happening. The past indicates it. Sad truth is, Vince wrestling will attract more buys than inserting just about any other superstar in his place unless it's the Undertaker or Austin, both of whom are extreme long shots and both of whom haven't been involved even slightly with this angle. Undertaker, if he does return, has an obvious reason to go after Wade Barrett (or even Kane) and Austin is NOT happening. That I would bet on.

Not too good at predictions, so lemme see how it goes.

5 on 5 Survivor Series Elimination Match

Team HHH (Triple H, John Cena, The Rock, CM Punk, & Sheamus)
Vs
Team Johnny Ace (Kevin Nash, The Miz, R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio, & Christian)

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Mark Henry (c) vs Big Show vs Kane

5 on 5 Survivor Series Elimination Match
Team RKO (Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Zack Ryder, John Morrison)
Vs
Team Vickie (Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, David Otunga, & Drew McIntyre)

Sin Cara vs Sin Cara

Divas Championship Match
Beth Phoenix (c) vs Eve

The Undertaker vs Wade Barrett

That's really all I got lol

i'd kill to see a morrison v bryan match, especially from my sweeeeet MSG seats!!! i'd honestly be happy to see at least one big return alongside the rock. y2j or foley would be amazing, both would be stunning.

im gonna say:
5 vs 5 elemination(main event)
team wwe: cena, rock, punk, sheamus, and HHH vs team Ace:miz, truth, nash, christian, and jericho.
end result:
team Ace will win because the rock will do his rock bottom on cena when only one competitor is left, and leave.

triple threat for WHC:
henry vs show vs ortan
winner henry

no wwe title match, it will be done the raw before or after...

u.s.:
ziggler vs ryder
ryder wins by DQ, due to swagger interfering

elimination #2:
kofi, ryan, sin cara blue, bourne, jomo vs swagger, christian, rhodes, barret, and sin cara black
winner rhodes over kofi

that is my prediction.... thanks for your time reading my thoughts :)

Aftermath: I WOULD LOVE RANDY ORTON TO SHOCKINGLY TURN HEEL AFTER APPARENTLY CLAPPING AND PRAISING SHEAMUS ONLY FOR HIM TO HIT HIM WITH AN RKO FROM OUT OF NOWHERE.

While you're at why don't you have Randy Orton wear pink trunks and have floral centre pieces on his entrance video??

I can't believe you've actually made the guy sound gay, Randy clapping and being happy??? WHAT THE FUCK, you know what don't ever post again, I feel dumber for posting in the same thread as you.

And no you're card makes zero sense even if WWE did a 360 at least use some common sense, Ziggler/Ryder will probably end up in an elimination style match.

Its not gonna happen bc WWE has no Balls. But Survivor series would be the perfect time for Cena to go Heel. Its a perfect storm. Rock is coming back. Punk has passed him as #1 merchandise sells. He's always been called a hand picked guy of Vince. I mean. The reasons are there for a heel turn. Fans have always been 50 50 on him. Have McMahon team vs HHH team for control. The night of have somone of the McMahon 5 to miss a flight. 4 on 5. Have it come down to Rock Cena left on HHH team and 2 on McMahon. 1 man down. Rock makes the tag. Cena comes in. Gets the nod from Vince. F U to the Rock. STFU applied. Who ever is left on Vinces team makes the cover for the win. The next night on Raw. Have McMahon come out with his new stable, Johnny Ace, Miz Truth Nash Rio. Have McMahon introduce Cena. Cena comes out. Shakes Vince's hand. And give an EPIC promo. Using Punks sells as a reason he turned on the fans because the fans turned on him. Blame the boos. The love fans give the Rock. Pick the reasons but it would be epic and WORK! Do it while Punk Merchandise is hot and someone is selling a TON. Then at the end of the Promo, have Cena tell the fans to stick it or something to that nature. Its a perfect storm for him to go heel. Good vs Bad at Mania Rock good Cena bad. If the writers cant see the timing and what it would do for the business, they have no business writing. Shamus just went face so that makes up for the face your losing. HHH in the mix. Would be the EPIC turn of all time.

I tell you, as far as the perfect time for a Cena heel turn is at survivor series, so as The Rock. It could be The Rock that will turn heel, and Cena remains face going to Wrestlemania. Cena has established himself as the biggest babyface of this era and I don't think they will change that. Why? Because currently, there is no one that can take his place on the roster. We all know that the Rock will go out again making movies after his match with Cena so he can't replace him.

So I ask you, what would benefit more to the company? A heel Cena against a face Rock or a face Cena against a heel Rock? I'll go with the latter.

Yer i agree with Cena turning heel at Survivor Series. It makes for a good oppurtunity. But so does having Cena turn at Mania (which seems more likely). Whatever the case i believe it is happening within the next 12 months. WWE seem to at least now acknowledge the boos that Cena is getting and it would be perfect with the rise of Punk. One thing i would like to ask people who are usually against a Cena heel turn is, when has things like merchandise sales ( which is the biggest reason the anti-heel turn people give) ever decided whether a wrestler should ever turn heel. The Rock, Stone Cold, Mankind, Undertaker. Im sure when these guys turned heel/face it wasnt because of merchandise sales. It was to further enhance their character.

Keehlnate made a good point, it would make more sense to have The Rock be heel and Cena still be the face.

However, i'm sure no one will turn heel. Cena still makes the company loads of cash, and is still very popular with the fans. A classic face/face match at Wrestlemania 28 would still be grand in my eyes.

I don't think it's the right time to turn him heel. What's the point? To make the product edgy? There are other ways to do it. And what's going to happen after he turns heel? They cheer boo him 50/50, they'll be doing the same thing after he turns heel, ppl that cheered him will boo him and probably vice verse. What fans have in mind when they talk about cena heel turn is nWo. That's it. Austin heel turn wasn't as successful you know. Anyways IF he is going to turn heel, it'll probably happen at WM a la WM17. He beats Rocky by turning heel. But then again I have my doubts.

I smell Rock vs Hogan scenario written all over it. Rock will turn in the coming months but the fans won't necessarily boo him. Maybe all the little kid Cena fans will, but the majority of fans will cheer the Rock and boo the hell out of Cena. Cena WILL get the heel treatment from the crowd at WM, much like Rock did vs Hogan. I think the only way The Rock would get booed is if he kissed up to Cena and legit put him over on the mic. If The Rock turns on Cena at Survivor Series, he'll get more cheers than anything. Also, I don't believe The Rock can really be turned heel by pissing off the crowd either. He's almost like a person who could make fun of anyone and get them to laugh about themselves. He basically roasts crowds when he's heel.

In other words, regardless of how they portray The Rock, he'll be face heading into Wrestlemania. If you ask me, Cena's already somewhat heel in the eyes of fans. He gets a partial heel reaction, something The Rock doesn't and won't get anytime in between now and Wrestlemania. Seriously, The Rock would have to practically murder everyone in the front row at a live event or kiss Cena's ass in order to get a heel reaction out of the crowd. He could also pull a Jericho and COMPLETELY change his character. Not likely to happen though.

I agree that Survivor Series is the perfect time for John Cena to turn heel. All the reasons have been listed and like the OP said, Punk has already taken over the No. 1 spot in merch sales. Does Cena still make them a butt load of money? Sure, but they don't need it. Here is the number one reason why John Cena needs to turn heel before Wrestlemania though.

John Cena will be booed out of Mania in his match with The Rock. WM is in Miami. The Miami crowd is going to be heavily in favor of The Rock. Cena will already be getting booed in Miami, might as well just make him heel.

No matter what any of you think or want, Cena will not be turning heel at any point in the near future. He is the FACE of the WWE, no one sells as much merchandise, no one is as dependable for selling PPV's buy rates or ratings as Cena as a full time wrestler.

You may have grown tired with him being a face, and there are many that have, but guess what it hasn't been enough to justify turning the biggest cash cow the WWE has heel.

Also how many of these exact same threads are going to pop up? seriously Cena isn't turning heel, get over it.

I tell you, as far as the perfect time for a Cena heel turn is at survivor series, so as The Rock. It could be The Rock that will turn heel, and Cena remains face going to Wrestlemania. Cena has established himself as the biggest babyface of this era and I don't think they will change that. Why? Because currently, there is no one that can take his place on the roster. We all know that the Rock will go out again making movies after his match with Cena so he can't replace him.

So I ask you, what would benefit more to the company? A heel Cena against a face Rock or a face Cena against a heel Rock? I'll go with the latter.

Ahhhh reports are suggesting Rock is already 'pencilled in' to make appearences after Wrestlemania 28. Summerslam is definately one, Vince McMahon has already said at a financial report thing back in August. He said 'several PPV's' and definately the big three which are Rumble, WM and Summerslam.

Rock and Cena will have a rematch, that is unquestionable.

John Cena makes the WWE so much money, it'd be stupid to turn him heel. Sure, CM Punk may be number one right now, but that can always change.

I do predict, however, that John Cena will NOT be the number one guy in the latter part of 2012.

There is again no reason whatsoever to turn Cena heel. it has nothing to do with the WWE lacking balls, it has to do with the fact that it would be terrible business. The guy is still selling merch through the roof and what would it achieve? The great thing about The Rock Vs Cena is that they are both effectively heels and faces, just to different fans. It creates the same kind of mesmerising oppurtunity that occurred when Hogan faced The Rock at WM.
They could turn Cena heel at any point, as the original poster said, the classic 'you turned your back on me' line will always be there for when and if Cena turns heel. At the moment, there is just no point whatsoever.

Cena is very popular with the younger audience. He makes the WWE a lot money by appealing to them. It doesn't make financial sense for the WWE to turn Cena heel.

I dont think they give a shit if IWC doesn't like Cena. As long as he is selling merchandise to children... he is not turning heel. If one day, he isn't has popular with kids than I'm sure he will turn heel. It took Hogan a really long time in his career to turn heel.

Until the potential loss of merchandising sales are outweighed by his drawing power as a heel, you're not going to see WWE shoot itself in the foot. Punk overtook Cena for a bit, but I don't see it lasting, CM punk just isn't quite a household name yet.

There's also this huge problem that exists in the Smark era.
If Cena turns heel, he will get cheered. Not that he's not already being boo'd half the time as is.

Also, the same people who constantly want heel/face turns, complain when they turn someone face/heel randomly.

No matter what any of you think or want, Cena will not be turning heel at any point in the near future. He is the FACE of the WWE, no one sells as much merchandise, no one is as dependable for selling PPV's buy rates or ratings as Cena as a full time wrestler.

John Cena makes the WWE so much money, it'd be stupid to turn him heel.

There is again no reason whatsoever to turn Cena heel... it has to do with the fact that it would be terrible business. The guy is still selling merch through the roof and what would it achieve?

Cena is very popular with the younger audience. He makes the WWE a lot money by appealing to them. It doesn't make financial sense for the WWE to turn Cena heel.

Until the potential loss of merchandising sales are outweighed by his drawing power as a heel, you're not going to see WWE shoot itself in the foot. Punk overtook Cena for a bit, but I don't see it lasting, CM punk just isn't quite a household name yet.

The same thing i always hear. MERCH SALES, MERCH SALES & MERCH SALES. When has merchandise sales ever decided whether anyone turns heel. The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Mankind, HHH. All these people turned heel/face to further enhance their character. Add more dimension to the character. I dont believe that merchandise sales have anything to do with it.

I just had a thought cross my mind and it might sound a bit off but bare with me here.

I think it might be possible that turning Cena heel wouldn't hurt his merchandise sales, and that it would possibly make him more of a draw.

Some have said that until his drawing power is dwindling they will not turn him, and some say that they won't because it will hurt the draw power he already has. But I have to beg to differ on this one.

What if by turning Cena heel, the people that currently hate him and boo him as a face get on his bandwagon? I think it's safe to say that 90% of the IWC would make an about-face, turn on their heels, and be all over John Cena when he made the heel turn. That's what most of them call for, that's what most of them want. It's not like they don't actually like Cena, it's that they don't like him as a face. How many posts have we all seen in the past where people have said "I liked him when he was a heel, but I stopped liking him as a face"? Tons, the majority even. So what if they turned him and it made him a bigger draw the way it did with Hogan? I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility. This could quite possibly shift the audience. Instead of the kids cheering him and the 18-35 crowd booing him, you've got the 18-35 crowd cheering him like his name is C.M. Punk, and the kids booing him, all the while his merchandise sales either maintain or go up??? I think it's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back