2/21/11: Taker/HHH Segment (Keep All Discussion In Here)

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by thomas1027, Feb 21, 2011.

1. thomas1027

thomas1027 Dark Match Winner

so for weeks we have seen these promos and thats the best that they can do? i didnt know wwe sucked so bad. they kill the storyline with hhh vs sheamus and after all the promos, you have them both come out, not talking, no nothing. just to stare at each other. and to top things off, then sheamus is in the next match. how bad is wwe right now. wrestlemania is going to be horrible. i can say i probrally am not the only one who is dissapointed. its time to cross that line. cant be much worse over there. holy crap. the sad thing is there gonna charge 55 dollars for this crap. ill quote ron simmons, DAMN......

Mr. Truth likes this.
  2. xGotTheEdgex

xGotTheEdgex It's showtime!

Like I said in a different thread, this segment was probably the biggest waste of time (except for today's diva division) that we have seen on WWE tv in years. For weeks they hyped 2/21/11. Undertaker returns, we all expected that, and before Undertaker can even say a word, HHH returns. Both stand there, completely silent and thats it? This segment had no where near the impact I think WWE wanted it to have. The Rock is the only reason to even think about purchasing Wrestlemania this year now. I'm not impressed with WWE at all at this point.

3. Mr. Perfect/Ziggler Fan

Mr. Perfect/Ziggler Fan Dark Match Winner

Soooo, are you going to stop watching, like you said in your other thread? Which, by the way, should just be merged with this one.

Yeah, it was somewhat dissapointing, IF you were looking for Sting to show up (which I was hoping for). Like many other poster's have said, it was all self-hype. For whatever reason, everyone was under the impression that Sting was showing up. It was nothing but wishful thinking.

But, anyway, since it was all just hype built by the online community, it's hard to get mad at WWE. Have a good time over there...

4. Mr. Ass

Mr. Ass Dark Match Jobber

Very disappointing.....I mean, Taker barely has time to take that 45-gallon hat off, and Motorhead blares. What was the meaning of that?? I remember back when Shawn Michaels came out a few weeks ago to celebrate his HOF induction, and he didn't say a word, and in the process of about 10 minutes, watched the cheers, watched ADR come out, and proceeded to tune up the band.....and then left, didn't say a word. Fans ate it up, i despised it. Same thing tonight, and the fans were completely against Taker....he got zero pop as he came down the ramp, and a small pop for his raising of the lights. HHH gets a huge pop, and during the staredown, the crowd is firmly with HHH.....i'm wondering what the WWE will do with this, because it the streak is to stay intact at 19-0, and Taker goes away for 6 months, do they even bring him back again??? I'm a Taker mark, but given that response tonight, i think this is his last Wrestlemania.

5. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

I guess I have to educate why the segment was not disappointing in the slightest. What you just saw was HHH and Undertaker telling a story without having to say a damn word. Just by their reaction and body language, you knew what they wanted and you know what's going to happen and they did a damn good job of doing it. You need to get your head checked if you thought that was a disappointing segment.

6. Mr. Perfect/Ziggler Fan

Mr. Perfect/Ziggler Fan Dark Match Winner

It was a dissapointing segment, even if you didn't expect Sting. Undertaker returning isn't special anymore. Yeah, they told a story, but all the hype for this?

I agree with thomas in a way, but just to say he won't watch anymore specifically because STING didn't show up, that's crazy.

7. Little Jerry Lawler

This post meant shit is more like it. You don't have to cut a promo to make a match and Undertaker and HHH just proved it. You'll see why in the next few weeks if it wasn't that obvious.

8. Mr. Ass

I'd like to see them do that for the next six weeks, and we'll see when the fans stop giving a shit. They just wasted a week of backstory. The match may not need the build-up, since the average fan understands that HHH is seeking retribution for 'Taker retiring HBK, but it just seemed to be a waste to me. This MAY be the one instance that you can do what they did, since they have six weeks for build-up....but i just see all the 2.21.11 drama as a complete waste of time, maybe Creative will come back to the Buried Alive match from months back, but I don't see that happening, since HHH's pop tonight probably showed that he's a complete face through this match. Also, I really don't think HH is done, so I don't see this match being Streak vs. Career. I guess we'll see soon enough...

9. JJohns

JJohns Getting Noticed By Management

I thought that the segment was brilliant. It planted the seeds for an Undertaker vs Triple H match. It also shows that a silent segment can work. Yes, we all figured out weeks ago that the Undertaker was coming back, and if you read the dirt sheets, you probably already knew that it was going to be Triple H vs Taker at Mania. The body language told a story. Not every segment needs to be a 20 minute monologue like what we got last week with the Rock. Sometimes the simplest segments work out the best. It wasn't creative being lazy, it was creative letting the two longest tenured guys on the WWE roster do their thing.

Notorious718 likes this.
  10. Little Jerry Lawler

They have six weeks to build this story up which is enough time and they started tonight so it wasn't a waste of time. This is no different than 90% of the storylines in the WWE. They will and so far have done a fine job of building it up.

11. Little Jerry Lawler

:disappointed:

Maybe HHH had nothing to do with the fucking cabin at all. Are you serious? I don't care that the Undertaker was advertised for Raw. It still built intrigue into who was coming and half the people of those forums were so convinced that it was Sting. Answer me that. We have the Rock at Wrestlemania, and a HHH/Taker showdown. Vince isn't losing his touch at all.

12. Mr. Ass

You're opinion is all well and good, and i respect it, but you can't possibly use any other storyline but the obvious one. HHH brought that crowd "back from the dead" (terrible pun)....The fans even chanted "H.B.K" on a couple of occasions, so IMO there's no way they can turn HHH to the mastermind behind the Nexus attacking 'Taker. Does it take 5 fuckin' weeks to build a match that really already been built based off prior relationships and history? Creative has some work to do.

13. thomas1027

who gives a shit about the sting thing. the point is, they wasted time with the promos and hhh vs taker? who cares. its gonna be a boring match. hhh isnt athletic like hbk. the match last year was the best but hhh only knows a few moves. and lastly, this wrestlemania is gonna be a waste

14. Little Jerry Lawler

Why do they need HHH to be the mastermind behind Nexus burying Undertaker? The Undertaker retiring HBK storyline works better because leading up to Wrestlemania 26, HHH said that HBK didn't have what it takes to beat Undertaker. They can build a story off of that. This will be like Backlash 2008 when Batista feuded with HBK after he retired Flair.

15. thomas1027

what???????????? when did he say that. when hbk came out and said noone in the dressing room thinks he can beat him, hhh said i dont think you can. i know you can. get your facts straight

16. nerd4life

nerd4life Abne

i agree this segment was WACK. what a waste of 2 huge returns. clearly wwe is panicing about mania and just threw 2 of ther ebiggest names togehter.

very dissapointing. And not cuz it wasnt sting i hate sting he sucks.

17. Jay85

Jay85 Occasional Pre-Show

It was far from the worst ever. It was a little awkward because it could have ended sooner, but they will set up the storyline in the coming weeks. I would rather they face each other than go after a title. Side note: How is one match going to ruin all of WM? The IWC has some drama queens, apparently.

18. Macca

Macca The Sunflower Samurai

This was the greatest set-up for a feud that I have ever seen. The drama, the body language, everything, it was perfect. I have never seen such tension like I did when the legendary Triple H and the phenomenal Undertaker stood face-to-face, it made me sweat like a pedophile in a children's hospital.

Great segment, and they can go so many places from here with the storyline, because nothing was said. Hell, they could have confrontations where they just stare at each other and not say a word and it would be delightful. I think absolutely no body can doubt that this match at WrestleMania will surpass both of HBK's attempts at Mania with the Taker.

God bless WWE creative, you've done it again. Pure gold.

TJ Matics and nightmare like this.
  19. thomas1027

are you smoking crack? surpass both of hbk/takers matches? lay off that stuff. some people are calling the match last year the best match ever. are you kidding me? were you being serious? rofl

20. Little Jerry Lawler

This one sentence pretty much sums what I have thought of your opinions so far. Morrison being a better wrestler than Morrison, Orton, or Punk is laughable. You have Miz against the best wrestler in the company with The Rock likely being an enforcer or referee, Edge vs. ADR, Triple H vs. Undertaker, and everyone wants to see Lawler beat the hell out of Cole. Maybe the only that thing that sucks is you.

21. Thesage1989

Thesage1989 Occasional Pre-Show

While most people whine and complain about my God it sucked major and i aint watchin wwe again and many other complaints I on the other hand liked it i guess i have a thing for mind games and how it played out, taker got no pop so what turn him heel his character is getting old so its time to call it a day oh well this is life i am still gonna wacth no matter what because you know what i love wrestling and while i dont like somethings they keep me happy. So the complainers can just go so that when i stream the traffic would be low.

22. Thesage1989

Thesage1989 Occasional Pre-Show

thank you dam it people wanted sting lol i mean seriously why would you want a 51 ear old to come now lol please taker comes back HHH comes back they are both experienced and of course they can build a feud in 6 weeks they already have tons of history, takers presence seems to have run its course but the mind games and the talking with gestures was awesome.

23. xhayesamaniax

xhayesamaniax Dark Match Winner

Dude Thomas if you hate WWE so much just stop watching and stop complaining about it. I am relatively new here and haven't posted much at all but I read up on the threads a few times a week and from what I see you don't have anything positive to say about WWE at all. So just go watch TNA's has-beens and pretend like it's good TV. Wrestlemania's card is already shaping up to be solid in my opinion, it isn't gonna be the best mania ever but I honestly don't see what people are so mad about, especially when the f'ing Rock's gonna be there.

24. tnarage2

tnarage2 Pre-Show Stalwart

BOO HOO I'm Not watching WWE Again because its not sting!

Ok people Give me a Fucking break . You are all pissed about that it's going to be HHH vs Undertaker at mania. so THE FUCK WHAT?! this segment was great and no words were needed you felt the tension and i felt that tension. and the people that are complaining its not gonna be another hbk like match. get over it no match is gonna top hbk vs taker 1 and 2.

25. WWEIsLife2

WWEIsLife2 Championship Contender

Thomas do us all a favor and piss off already. The HHH/Taker Segment was BRILLIANT. They didn't need to say anything but have a staredown and look at the Wrestlemania Sign. Which told everyone watching they will meet at Wrestlemania this year. Im sure next week HHH will address the situation as to why he is challenging Undertaker.

I hope that helped Thomas,if not im sorry I can't do much for you then.