• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Royal Rumble 2012 LD - Let's Get Ready to RUMMMMMMMBLLLLLLE!

I don't think Khali is a retired wrestler... He was taking time off.

Meh. So that's still 8 spots away from regular guys. Counting 3 or 4 surprise entrants that's still 4 spots taken away. And also Show and Ziggler was pulling double shifts tonight too.

Maybe WWE is cutting down on paying ppv wages to wrestlers for appearing for 15 seconds on air. :shrug:

Why should he have to fuck off? Because he is pissed off that we saw a Rumble that was 60% comedy?

I agree entirely. I can't stand wrestling unless everyone is 6'6", ripped, and constantly serious. I swear to God, if I so much as see a smile, I change the fucking channel right there. I'll have none of this fun bullshit.

sorry guys but what a shitty PPV was this...i didnt like the fights,cena vs kane was the same story like on raw,at the end the same beat down from kane to broski..wow and cena looked like he was really pissed....not..

and about the 30 man royal rumble was by far the worst i have seen in a long time...where was hbk,triple H,undertaker, as really surprises.My god no now we had to see,cole,booker,and jerry as surprises...wow that was fun...and at the end Sheamus wins..really?couldnt they make the undertaker be last and let him win,or the rock or someting but just shock factors...so much hype for jericho comming back and the end of the world as we know it and he didnt even win...that was just shitty.my god i´m pissed,what a waist of my money....

But HBK is retired, Triple H wrestled like 5 times all of last year, Taker probably has one last match at Mania. Rock is gonna be back for one match and be done. The Jericho hype was a tease for something bigger, Sheamus is a former champ who is pretty well over right now

Everybody, pre Rumble: "I hate how the Rumble is always so predictable"

Post-Rumble: "WTF Sheamus, that's dumb"

:shrug:

It's good that they went with the unpredictable finish, but I wish it would have been someone else other than Sheamus. Even if it was Orton vs. Jericho at the end with Jericho winning, they could've made it so it looked like orton would win, only for jericho to win in a split second/out of nowhere or something.

You really have no concept of creative writing if you think Barrett coming to the ring and saying "I'm gonna win the rumble" is the same as Jericho having a month and a half of cryptic videos, followed by three weeks of silent promos, followed by a poignant one-liner that tied it all together and pointed at tonight being the big "reveal" of his plans.

Reactions: gd
For all those with hard-ons for Jericho - this finish creates 100X more intrigue into his character than winning the Rumble. How is he going to maneuver himself into the world title picture? What is he going to say tomorrow night? Will he get involved with Punk / Triple H on Raw?

You fuckers need to let the story breathe and give it a chance.

I agree entirely. I can't stand wrestling unless everyone is 6'6", ripped, and constantly serious. I swear to God, if I so much as see a smile, I change the fucking channel right there. I'll have none of this fun bullshit.

I never said I was against comedy in wrestling. I'm against paying $55 for a PPV and having 60% of the main event match be a fucking joke.

The Santino/Mick Foley bit was fine. But when all three announcers, Kharma and Jim Duggan entered the fray I started to get annoyed.

I almost spat my water out.

It's good that they went with the unpredictable finish, but I wish it would have been someone else other than Sheamus. Even if it was Orton vs. Jericho at the end with Jericho winning, they could've made it so it looked like orton would win, only for jericho to win in a split second/out of nowhere or something.

Sheamus isn't my first choice either, but I appreciate the swerve out of left field. They built the Rumble to look exactly like Orton or Jericho would win, then changed it up. I like that.

I probably would have picked Barrett, but Sheamus is pretty cool too.

i think nobody thinks here that jericho vs punk isnt happening..that would be stupid.He didnt needed to win the royal to make it happen.For me there wasnt a match tonight where i could see wow what a great match.And like a sayed before,i was expecting the surprise factor with the royal and for me the only big surprise for me was Sheamus winning what i even expected after i saw it was jericho who fighting against him...everybody nows Vince doesnt like the obvious so it wasnt difficould to put it together.

You really have no concept of creative writing if you think Barrett coming to the ring and saying "I'm gonna win the rumble" is the same as Jericho having a month and a half of cryptic videos, followed by three weeks of silent promos, followed by a poignant one-liner that tied it all together and pointed at tonight being the big "reveal" of his plans.

You, in an alternate universe where Jericho won:

Well that was predictable. For a second I thought they were gonna do something surprising; maybe have someone under 40 win. But nooooo, same old crap. Saw that from a mile away.

[YOUTUBE]r4bTovFQAjw[/YOUTUBE]

Jericho didn't even have to win. It's not about him winning, it's about the months of build up, him basically saying "you'll see what I meant at the Rumble", and then nothing happening related to his story.

He could have come out and trolled again or eliminated himself on purpose, anything to further the build up.

What happened with him had nothing to do with the previous couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back