• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Payback 2016 Live Discussion

Can someone tell me what happened? There was a commotion up in my seats and I couldn't see.

While Enzo was being tossed outside, the side of his head smacked the second rope hard and he kind of whiplashed into the apron. It looked really nasty.

If this for some reason isn't real then they fucking got me. But saying that their opponents are worried about him feels real. And it looked real.

1. Hope he's alright.

2. Now Vince is going freak out and go back to the proven vets who know how to work safely. Kane and Show will be new tag champs by the end of the month.

Ref did make a gesture that I haven't seen him do before. Like an "X". Seems very much legit. If it's not then they got me for sure.

Sami and Owens might go longer now to make up the extra time. If they weren't going to tear it up before, they definitely will now to get the fan's minds off Enzo's terrible injury.

If this for some reason isn't real then they fucking got me. But saying that their opponents are worried about him feels real. And it looked real.

I really don't see them purposefully nixing the match that quickly, and in that manner. Maybe an elbow off the top rope onto a table or something showy like that.

Cass' reaction and the fact that no one was announced as the winner makes it obvious it was legit.

Seems like a work. On the replay it didn't look like anything major happened.
No. Except a neck snapping off a rope and hitting steel, a ref putting him down carefully and the match having no official declaration. Are you stupid?

Ref did make a gesture that I haven't seen him do before. Like an "X". Seems very much legit. If it's not then they got me for sure.

You've really never seen the X? It's done to alert medical personnel that it's a legit injury.

However the X HAS been used in kayfabe before too, when they're really trying to sell an injury angle.

However, the replay was pretty clear on this one.

The number of times they showed a replay, I'd be surprised if this isn't a work. It allows for the heels to take the match and the faces to stay strong.

Sami and Owens might go longer now to make up the extra time. If they weren't going to tear it up before, they definitely will now to get the fan's minds off Enzo's terrible injury.

They'll hopefully tear it up and to get the focus back because the crowd will end up being notified of updates about Enzo

No. Except a neck snapping off a rope and hitting steel and a ref putting him down carefully. Are you stupid?

Or you could have seen my post directly after stating I saw the second part of it on the replay and I said "yowza" instead of resorting to fucking name-calling.

WWE have posted the gif on twitter so not so sure.

The number of times they showed a replay, I'd be surprised if this isn't a work. It allows for the heels to take the match and the faces to stay strong.

The Vaudevillains weren't even announced as the winners. That screams to me that everyone was caught off guard by the injury.

I found it pretty funny on Jericho's podcast last week, Sami said before big matches for some reason when he gets to the ring he just starts screaming obscenities. "Fuck yeah, motherfucker, let's go" I believe was what he said before the Mania ladder match.

Always cool to hear about the passion some guys have for what they do.

If they're going to work an injury angle, I don't think they're going to do it by launching someone's face into the ropes in an extremely dangerous botch.

One, most of the crowd probably couldn't even really tell how nasty it was.

Two, it would be way too dangerous to do that on purpose. Usually worked injuries are with knees or ankles or something. Or if they were going for a worked head injury back in the day, they'd do it with a chair shot or something that can be protected from somewhat.

I found it pretty funny on Jericho's podcast last week, Sami said before big matches for some reason when he gets to the ring he just starts screaming obscenities. "Fuck yeah, motherfucker, let's go" I believe was what he said before the Mania ladder match.

Always cool to hear about the passion some guys have for what they do.

Bret Hart was once asked what he said as he came down the aisle. He said it was nothing he'd want his kids to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back