WWE 13 Hype Thread

Is a custome entrance video available this year like it was before? I seem to remember being able to make really generic ones. WWE 12 gave you custom titles to add to your video too didn't it?

Okay unlocking Godfather is a huge pain in the ass, It's like impossible to stop Animal from making any tags during the match! I even hit the Pimp Drop on him like you have to do but Animal no sold the move and kicked out at one, Which caused me to throw the XBOX controller across the room in rage and say fuck this I give up.

Things are beginning to take shape for the next PPV (can't remember it off the top of my head) Wade Barrett teasing a face turn as he just became #1 contender to Ziggler's WHW Title, Lesnar kicked the crap out of Triple H so hard he reverted back to his old self, Christian 99 beat Current Christian to be the active Christian.

Also replacing Godfather in the team with Brodus Clay is Dude Love, Under the name Funky Love (cause I find that funny) and they have beaten 2MB 3 weeks in a row, Oh yeah and AJ Styles got eliminated from NXT leaving it down to Me, JJ Star, Seth Rollins and Aaron Knight with the winning rookie earning himself and his pro a tag title match.

Okay unlocking Godfather is a huge pain in the ass, It's like impossible to stop Animal from making any tags during the match! I even hit the Pimp Drop on him like you have to do but Animal no sold the move and kicked out at one, Which caused me to throw the XBOX controller across the room in rage and say fuck this I give up.

Things are beginning to take shape for the next PPV (can't remember it off the top of my head) Wade Barrett teasing a face turn as he just became #1 contender to Ziggler's WHW Title, Lesnar kicked the crap out of Triple H so hard he reverted back to his old self, Christian 99 beat Current Christian to be the active Christian.

Also replacing Godfather in the team with Brodus Clay is Dude Love, Under the name Funky Love (cause I find that funny) and they have beaten 2MB 3 weeks in a row, Oh yeah and AJ Styles got eliminated from NXT leaving it down to Me, JJ Star, Seth Rollins and Aaron Knight with the winning rookie earning himself and his pro a tag title match.
easy is your friend. If you keep struggling, just go to easy and kick his ass.

just keep going at him non-stop until you get a finish, then hit the finish and pin the guy. That's how I did it.

How the hell do you best Kane as Stone Cold in 10 seconds after hitting your finisher? Paul Bearer distracts the ref EVERY fucking time you hit the Stunner!

I pinned Kane and moved on to the next part of the story but I CANNOT get the bonus for doing the pin 10 seconds after a stunner

Also what is the reward for doing it? If its useless I may not bother

How the hell do you best Kane as Stone Cold in 10 seconds after hitting your finisher? Paul Bearer distracts the ref EVERY fucking time you hit the Stunner!

I pinned Kane and moved on to the next part of the story but I CANNOT get the bonus for doing the pin 10 seconds after a stunner

Also what is the reward for doing it? If its useless I may not bother
pin kane BEFORE hitting the finisher so that PB distracts. Then hit the stunner while PB is finishing getting distracted, and pin him. He won't get the chance to distract.

I've not played it in a couple days, but basically when I rented the game (I can't purchase it, don't see it being worth the cost) I finished Attitude Era mode in hours. I was disappointed by some of it, maybe its cause we'd seen all those moments beforehand and I felt they didn't put enough effort in, but also that the stories finished abruptly. Felt they could have continued with more angles, the rise of Triple H would have a good one for example. Imagine playing through his street fight with Cactus Jack from Royal Rumble 2000 or the Hell in a Cell which followed?

Universe Mode is much better than last year. I downloaded some CAW's from the community forums, Kevin Steen, Davey Richards, Bill Goldberg, Kurt Angle, all of which are awesome might I add. Been having some fun with them. Kurt Angle is currently feuding with HHH, he defeated Hunter at Survivor Series and gave him such a beating that Triple H returned as his "old-self", the cut-scenes are way better this year too, not rushed like last year and they actually make sense. I like how they made a lot of them fit certain characters. Chris Jericho is the World Heavyweight Champion and hes feuding with Christian and Daniel Bryan, it seems to be building towards a triple threat at the Royal Rumble.

And The Miz is WWE Champion. He turned face and defeated the mega-heel CM Punk, I say mega-heel because after Punk turned heel he began attacking everybody who would be considered a "contender" on Raw and even put Kofi Kingston out of action with a steel chair. I loved that because it led to Evan Bourne standing up to Punk and main eventing Raw, Punk won but afterward when he attempted to further attack Bourne, Miz made the save.

WWE '13 is a very fun game, last year I felt bored within a month but they have really improved Universe Mode. The stories aren't random, the matches aren't all that random (odd one here and there) there aren't as many glitches (I've experienced two) and the cut scenes have improved massively. Overall I've enjoyed, might pick it up again next weekend and continue.

My universe has been lacking cut scenes, but they've been picking up. However they've been useless ones like current Jericho doing a run in during my main event (99 Jericho is on SD) and then Mark Henry (SD star) attacks after the main event. Best one so far had to be Scotty 2 Hotty turning on Grandmaster, I just couldn't help but laugh.

Well Night of Champions was booked well in my universe... It was a NXT/Smackdown ppv so..

Seth Rollins lost the US title to Big Show
Seth Rollins retained the IC title in a triple threat ladder match against Christian and Cody
Female match the game premade and i didn't feel like changing
Kane and Daniel Bryan retained the tag titles against Punk & Kofi
CAW Brock Jace (On Raw mind you) defeated Ken Shamrock (Raw as well) to win Raw's Hardcore title. No idea why this was on there.
CAW Brock Jace was then booked against Smackdown's world champion Mark Henry which he also won.
Edge retained the WWE title against Vader in the main event with some help from Jericho.

and it was all premade... The game made 2 stars from Raw who had nothing to do with the ppv in two title matches. Not to say it was something different besides the tag titles, i really need to get that going again as i forgot kane and DB existed.

I think i need to remove several people from each show as my 3 rosters have 30 people each now and its to much to keep track of.

I've not played it in a couple days, but basically when I rented the game (I can't purchase it, don't see it being worth the cost) I finished Attitude Era mode in hours. I was disappointed by some of it, maybe its cause we'd seen all those moments beforehand and I felt they didn't put enough effort in, but also that the stories finished abruptly. Felt they could have continued with more angles, the rise of Triple H would have a good one for example. Imagine playing through his street fight with Cactus Jack from Royal Rumble 2000 or the Hell in a Cell which followed?
There's a good reason they didn't do the rise of HHH. The AE mode ended at WrestleMania XV. That was March (or April) of 1999.

Why did they do that? Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see an Attitude Era mode 2, ending with WMX-Seven in a future game.

There's a good reason they didn't do the rise of HHH. The AE mode ended at WrestleMania XV. That was March (or April) of 1999.

Why did they do that? Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see an Attitude Era mode 2, ending with WMX-Seven in a future game.

Never thought about it like that, guess they were leaving themselves room to work with.

So I finally set up my Universe mode! Two shows, each with their own PPVs, except for Summerslam, Wrestlemania, and the Royal Rumble, which are cross-fed.

On Monday we have Raw is War, where all the CAWs compete, plus a few Attitude and modern guys make their home there. The championships are the Undisputed Championship, the Light Heavyweight Championship, the Tag Team Championships which are cross-fed, and the Women's Championship. The other brand is ECW, which is purely Attitude and a few gimmick-changed modern guys, and is home to the ECW Championship and the Hardcore Championship.

My current champs:
Undisputed - Rikishi
Light Heavyweight - Juan Cortes (Mexican aristocrat and caffeine addict CAW)
Women's - Lita
Tag Team - Dance Party '95 (Two intergalactic dancing aliens called Sin Cobra and AKIMan)

ECW - Daniel Bryan
Hardcore - Mankind

Each PPV for Raw is War is on the second week of the month, with the ECW PPVs being the same as regular WWE PPVs. Raw is War PPVs usually follow the themes of the WWE ones, with the exception of King of The Ring which takes place the month of MITB and Mr. Bones' Wild Ride which is Inferno themed and is the October PPV.

Also, for those on PS3 CC, here are my CAWs that I've uploaded and a few of my friends' CAWs, plus gimmicks and themes if you want a reason to add them to your universe! All are tagged with AES.

Mine
Action Jackson - Funky black kung fu master - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKAP1BmRs3k

Cobra T. Washington - Almost-blind biker, training under Hyper Blizzard - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga9YAMLGr6E

Erin Toyota - Robot schoolgirl who loves wrestling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk8eJh4i8Lo

Sin Cobra & AKIMan - The aforementioned Dance Party '95 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDCAE33-25g

Fats King - Large, fun-loving "king of Vegas". Brother of Miles King. Not uploaded yet, will do on Monday - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD2h7SJ7gm8

------
Others
Osakan Destroyer - Leader of the TUFU Ninja Clan. One of the best CAWs I've ever seen. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAga2AjfZlg

Imouto-chan - A TUFU ninja lackey - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRic823xJ4

Hyper Blizzard - Foul-mouthed trainer of Cobra T. Washington - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSHC1dqX1o

Super Blizzard - Hyper Blizzard's brother. Manipulative and sneaky heel who constantly manages to turn people against each other. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N4UJ6mdAfRA#t=20s

Jiro Kurotsu - Hot-blooded Japanese punk and tag team partner of Erin Toyota. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP7cr6pXRNM

Deborah Eckhart - Hardcore diva. Girlfriend of Osakan Destroyer. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxy7HQ53Rnk

Miles King - Gambling man who always seems to win his bets - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVqj3Ad1XqU

Juan Cortes - Rich Mexican party boy - http://www.mediafire.com/?6gc5tjlck3kkm43

Sir Dan Danielson III - British holy knight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-QPDGhCtM

These are just some of my favorite PS3 CC original CAWs. All are tagged with AES. There are plenty others so if they catch your eye download and tell me what you think!

Team David Otunga is dominating in my universe mode. David Otunga is fighting some big names, Zack Ryder is currently the US Champion and John Cena is the WWE Champion. This group will not be stopped.

Bed bugs are giving me a set back... Yes, bed bugs. But, I plan on finishing up Off-Script tonight and then maybe get into my Universe.

easy is your friend. If you keep struggling, just go to easy and kick his ass.

just keep going at him non-stop until you get a finish, then hit the finish and pin the guy. That's how I did it.

I tried doing that, It changed nothing in AE mode cause I also turned off reversals so I could just destory him but he still countered me all the fucking time. Is there something i'm missing on how to change settings for AE mode? :confused:

Also Naitch, You can just keep attacking Kane and wait until Paul Bearer gets ejected from ringside, It resets the counter everytime you hit the stunner.

I tried doing that, It changed nothing in AE mode cause I also turned off reversals so I could just destory him but he still countered me all the fucking time. Is there something i'm missing on how to change settings for AE mode? :confused:
Go to the AE Timeline, hit the button that takes you to "options" then choose "easy".

AE mode has its own difficulty setting, aside from the one on the main menu

Go to the AE Timeline, hit the button that takes you to "options" then choose "easy".

AE mode has its own difficulty setting, aside from the one on the main menu

That's great to hear, Thanks

Also in order to unlock Vader you have to play as AE Kane and hit a diving crossbody...where the hell is this diving crossbody in his move set?

Unlocked Eddie with ease last night, 3 people left to unlock but don't really care about Y2J he's least of my worries.

I played through AE on normal mode and never seemed to have a problem unlocking any of the historic achievements. There were one or two times I messed something up and had to restart the match, but most of the time if the game wanted you to do something that wasn't standard to a normal in-game wrestling match, they made it pretty simple to follow.

I seem to remember the Taker/Kane inferno match gave me some trouble. I believe part of the achievements was to throw Kane from the ring instead of beating him "normally" - I quote that, because there really isn't a standard for inferno matches -, as that's actually what happened. Problem was, that moment triggered automatically when Kane had his body yellow. The second part was that you had to hit a chokeslam or two, I think. On more than one occasion, I picked Kane up to hit another move on him - thus building my special meter - and accidentally initiated the sequence, throwing him from the ring. Basically, it made it impossible to do everything unless you got your finisher off before Kane went yellow. And if you happened to forget which was a chokeslam, and which was the tombstone piledriver, you're screwed.

Alright I've removed around 10 people per roster and added them to the 4th brand which won't be a brand just a place i can stick and take people from when ever i need them.

I think shifting the rosters around every 4-8 weeks makes things far more interesting. Such as moving Bret, Bulldog and Del Rio to NXT as the roster was lacking numbers.

Bret Hart held the World Heavyweight Championship on Smackdown for 48 weeks. He lost to Sheamus at the Rumble in a triple threat also involving Wade Barrett. On the first Smackdown after the event Bret cashed in his rematch and won the title back.

David Otunga left his team with Cena and Ryder. He and Ziggler are now teaming up to face the ever popular NAOL.

CM Punk has made his way back into the main event scene after I was able to keep him down for a long time.

Shawn Michaels has won the MITB match twice in a row.

Uhh.. So after Kane no-showed a tag match with DB against Slater/Gabriel which DB ended up losing thanks to interference from The Great Khali. DB joined Slater in a co-chair-tone (whatever) on Gabriel.... DB&Kane are the tag champs btw...

Um....

Also on the same smackdown (same week as night of champions) i made a rematch CAW Brock Jace defending the world title against Mark Henry. WWE Champion Edge came out during it and attacked both of them. Sure why not. I made Henry win the title back so my CAW Brock Jace can go back to Raw.

Uhh...

On Raw it was New Age Outlaws vs Bossman & Shamrock. Nothing new. Well... King and Cole were going on about Demolition returning and how big Demolition was in the 80's... What?

That's great to hear, Thanks

Also in order to unlock Vader you have to play as AE Kane and hit a diving crossbody...where the hell is this diving crossbody in his move set?

Unlocked Eddie with ease last night, 3 people left to unlock but don't really care about Y2J he's least of my worries.
You sure it says Crossbody? I think for me it said Clothesline for me.

Did you try going to the top rope? Or going over the ropes to the outside? A lot of times when you have to do that move the character has that move in his move set. If you can't find it, it may be a finisher/signature move.

You sure it says Crossbody? I think for me it said Clothesline for me.

Did you try going to the top rope? Or going over the ropes to the outside? A lot of times when you have to do that move the character has that move in his move set. If you can't find it, it may be a finisher/signature move.

Yeah I tried last night and it did say clothesline. I was half asleep when trying to unlock Vader the first time I'll chalk that one up to that.

Got Vader & Godfather last night, Getting Y2J is a pain in the ass cause of having to hit a powerbomb through the table, Tried setting up the table in the corner but all he did was the forward suplex and when I had the table in the middle of the ring he just put him onto the table.

Also replaced Hell In A Cell on my PPV calendar with Cyber Sunday. Oh and I had my first or second cutscene, Jericho decided to attack Dude Love during his enterance on the raw before the PPV (it at least made sense because Mankind was the ref when Jericho lost to Punk last month meaning he can't fight for the title till Punk drops the belt.) so instead of Funky Love facing 2MB I went with Pimpin Funk against them and Jericho vs Dude Love in an extreme rules match, Dude Love got injured from how bad Jericho beat him down.

Got Vader & Godfather last night, Getting Y2J is a pain in the ass cause of having to hit a powerbomb through the table, Tried setting up the table in the corner but all he did was the forward suplex and when I had the table in the middle of the ring he just put him onto the table.

Really all you have to do is sit up the table. The, while you are relatively close to the table, use Jericho's standing finisher and the game will do the rest. You have to be careful thought, cause the ref will throw the table out of the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back