• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleZone Tournament Bar Room Sidetalk Thread

Old school is king... until they face Kane. I wonder how much it pained him to vote against his pre 1960 club member there?

That post was from 7 years ago. Well before I starting appreciating wrestling history well enough to research it. I had no clue who Frank Gotch even was.

And now you appreciate better than the rest of us could ever hope to. A true success story.

That will be a mere stepping stone on my road to admin, but thank you for the kind words.

Road Dogg had 2 votes against Sting. Liger had 0. By that estimation...Road Dogg has a better chance at besting the Icon than a Japanese legend.

Really?

I mean...

Really?

:disappointed:

I really fucking want Yokozuna to make the third round in one of these things. Not necessarily because I feel he's been shafted, but just on the off-chance he gets put in an embarrassment match against someone like Rey Mysterio and wins.

I'm particularly looking forward to telling people why Triple H should beat Austin in the next round. And then seeing Austin romp home anyway.

Wow, Harley Race is beating Shawn Michaels. I know it's early and Michaels will probably end up winning by 30 or 40 votes but it's still interesting to see right now.

Did Khalifa just knock Punk's soft, unathletic offense while arguing in support of... Chris Jericho?

Yeesh.

Honestly if Punk didn't have the running knee in the turn buckle or the GTS you could pass him off has Molly Holly with tattoos.

If Jericho had a dime for every regularly convincing strike in his arsenal, you know the end of this joke.

Every paragraph you've posted is rife with double standards.

I think I've reached that point everyone does in every tourney where they wonder why they bother. Surprised that didn't come when Jericho was announced as a four seed.

I defy any of the people who think I just fell off the fuckin turnip truck to go watch Vengeance 2001 and explain to me how it's some great triumph.

Hilariously, even WWE's world class video package people struggle to make that career highlight look big time.

If Jericho had a dime for every regularly convincing strike in his arsenal, you know the end of this joke.

Every paragraph you've posted is rife with double standards.

I think I've reached that point everyone does in every tourney where they wonder why they bother. Surprised that didn't come when Jericho was announced as a four seed.

I'm not saying Jerichos looks strong but in my opinion CM Punk is probably tied with Jeff Hardy as the weakest looking striker that was relatively big in history. I don't often see well executed techniques by Punk, and while Jericho tries but ultimately fails with showing us a delayed suplex at the moment, earlier in his career he actually looked decent. I'm also not saying that Punk doesn't have an array of moves, it's just I gotta believe they hurt and Punks moves don't do that for me.

I don't see how it's double standard when I'm saying Chris Jericho is just better at everything CM Punk does. Not saying that Chris Jericho is the best in the world or anything so there is no level to judge. I'm just comparing the two and saying Jericho is better.

And now OYDK is implying that being a supporting character to a Steve Austin who Vince waxed and waned on a few short years into his big run is somehow superior to Punk being a brief threat to a Cena who Vince has always been committed.

I've lost my ability to even. This is karma for something. Walking away. This board has jumped the shark.

I've realized that over the years I have been unfair to Punk. And every year I realize how overrated Chris Jericho is. I like Chris more, but I have to admit that Punk was better. I mean this isn't a subjective tournament right? I should vote for Punk because he's better right? Or should I just vote for Jericho because I like him more.

Decisions. Decisions.

I figure you would just vote for Jericho because he is older.

No, I like Jericho more because he is older. But that isn't why I would vote for him. Plus Jericho once punched out a woman while Punk just attacked another guy. I think that warrants Punk being just slightly less of an asshole in real life. Plus Punk once allegedly told Crocker to go fuck himself after he interrupted his dinner for an autograph. And that makes Punk pretty cool.

As far as I know, the only woman Jericho ever knocked OUT was Mrs HBK. That locks up Becca's vote.

Either way, I intend to win this by being as melodramatic as possible. The CM Punk way.

As far as I know, the only woman Jericho ever knocked OUT was Mrs HBK. That locks up Becca's vote.

Either way, I intend to win this by being as melodramatic as possible. The CM Punk way.

Nope. He punched out a female fan in Canada too.

As far as I know, he punched her, but not OUT.

I'll gladly review the video evidence though. It has been years.

stingray11214's post in Bruno-Flair intrigues me. Any informed second opinions want to yay or nay it?

When I say "informed," I don't mean you, Ech. ;)

The thing that always amazed me about that Chris Jericho video us how much force he was able to impart while punching across his body and seated. Try doing that yourself. I'm no slouch, but I don't think I'd be able to so much as redden someone's cheek like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back