[UNofficial] 2nd Annual WrestleZone Posters Tournament:

Last time we had a tourny, wasn't Will the main person complaining that ended up having me cancel it? While I will say that I love these tournys and think they can boost morale the first few rounds, people do end up with hurt egos, they complain if you vote for someone else then themselves, and it does end up in a shitstorm. Last time I did a tourny, it ended with a complaint and an infraction from one person.

Simply put, I'd love the idea of this if we didn't need to worry about people complaining that the other person got voted for over them.

Last time we had a tourny, wasn't Will the main person complaining that ended up having me cancel it? While I will say that I love these tournys and think they can boost morale the first few rounds, people do end up with hurt egos, they complain if you vote for someone else then themselves, and it does end up in a shitstorm. Last time I did a tourny, it ended with a complaint and an infraction from one person.

Simply put, I'd love the idea of this if we didn't need to worry about people complaining that the other person got voted for over them.

Which is why I agree with the idea of 64 handpicked, top notch posters. Let the mods decide... let the people decide on the mods... Make it fair, and anybody who bitches, knowing the rules, infract em. Fair enough, I say...

The regulars around here always come off to me as people who don't seem to care about such things like popularity, but if this tourny happened in the past and people got offended. Then it should be avoided. Better safe than sorry.

Last time the people that got into the fights are all on staff now. Even the best of us get into it. I'll take IC's word on it.

I can see where this is all coming from IC. There was even tension in the Elimination game, let alone a game where one's skills as a poster are put against another's. But if there are any chances of this going through, I would be willing to work with you and Will on this, and even put myself out there to receive the negative aspects of the game.

I don't think there's any point to this tournament, to be honest. I can guarantee you the three best posters we have on this site wouldn't even be nominated because one's a total dick, one hardly ever posts wrestling, and one has eleven bars but no one gives him any attention (probably because he hardly ever comes to The Bar Room).

Ok, just so Will doesn't have to field this all by himself...

I brought the negative. I've seen this tournaments work, but more often than not, I have seen them flop and end with a shitstorm of people with bruised egos, hurt feelings, and tournament organizers who worked hard getting accused of mis-handling rules and such.

What's to say this would end differently? Hell, we've almost had regulars get banned over the posters tournaments before, and last August I even interrupted my vacation in North Carolina to extinguish fires on my Blackberry because of it.

Nevermind. I guess IC didn't want people getting their feelings hurt on my account.

Maybe if this happens just do the first page of highly repped poster's? thats what 30 posters? pick out a few more good ones and then Bam...

Except Me. I'm not involved in this.

I'm doing the WZ Tag Tournament...me, 48.7, and Marquis will be working on ways to make it as fair as possible. However, anyone that participates should e-sign a no-bitching waiver.

So Sly and M_F have already won recent popularity contests, and we're starting another one?
I did?

Ok, just so Will doesn't have to field this all by himself...

I brought the negative. I've seen this tournaments work, but more often than not, I have seen them flop and end with a shitstorm of people with bruised egos, hurt feelings, and tournament organizers who worked hard getting accused of mis-handling rules and such.

What's to say this would end differently? Hell, we've almost had regulars get banned over the posters tournaments before, and last August I even interrupted my vacation in North Carolina to extinguish fires on my Blackberry because of it.
If you are saying "no" to this, then I completely support you. And I know you need my support.

meh. pointless. No need to bring back the popularity contests. Maybe if people voted objectively. but they wont.
How do you vote objectively in a popularity contest?

I'm doing the WZ Tag Tournament...me, 48.7, and Marquis will be working on ways to make it as fair as possible. However, anyone that participates should e-sign a no-bitching waiver.

Said waiver would have to explain "IC25 and Shocky will imprison you and knock your dick in the dirt is you complain." We're not having it go down like last time. It's silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back