[UNofficial] 2nd Annual WrestleZone Posters Tournament:

Will > Whoever that was

If Irish, and/OR Shocky say no.. then it's no.

I just had a random too tired to sleep thought about how this could boost morale of the posters, and help create motivation for new-comers to notice that if you become a regular, you get noticed and heavily involved in every-day activities.

If Irish, and/OR Shocky say no.. then it's no.

I just had a random too tired to sleep thought about how this could boost morale of the posters, and help create motivation for new-comers to notice that if you become a regular, you get noticed and heavily involved in every-day activities.
I know it's up to them. I personally think if done right this can be a good idea and make a few newcomers more regular.

Another random too tired to sleep, thought!!

WE COULD HAVE REGIONS! (Wrestling, Interactive (e-fed/book this), NWS, Bar room, Games, Movies, Sports)

It'd force us to vote for the person who's possibly the better poster in that area, rather than the more 'popular' poster.

It could also be greatly demotivational if you enter and get zero votes in the first round. And that includes your own vote.

Nah just do overall. Makes it more fun.

Overall is fine. But Forum Regions might increase people to post in more areas. (thus create more overall traffic on the entire forum.. hint, hint)

Not to mention, Overall makes it almost impossible to not lie and merely vote for "who's popular".

Whereas, it'd be almost impossible to explain why you're picking someone like say.. Jonny, to go over someone like say NoFate, in the Wrestling sections.

But the bar room section would be ridiculously overcrowded and the wrestling sections would be weaker. Also, what about people that are all over?

But the bar room section would be ridiculously overcrowded and the wrestling sections would be weaker. Also, what about people that are all over?

That's the fun in the tournament, Klunder.

Luther is ridiculously over in the bar room, so he'd be the odds on favorite there. Along with Jake. But Luth isn't strong in the wrestling section, and Jake hasn't to my knowledge posted in the interactive section. Becca would be the death trap in an NWS region, but way outta her league in the interactive region.

It'd be set-up JUST like the wrestler tourney. You can debate why one person may or may not be worthy to beat the other. Each round/match-up can take a week, or a couple days to decide/vote.

A specific rule I'd want to add though, is you can ONLY vote by posting it in and explaining why. (that cuts out the pure popular vote, without at least making them explain why)

I don't know if this is a good idea. Too many egos get bruised in these things. No offense to anyone one on particular, but I can just see the amount of whining when we start lumping posters into "Bar Room" or "Wrestling" regions. And God, if you actually SEED the brackets?!

If IC and Shockey are okay with it, that's fine, and I'll participate. But for the most part, I don't see any good coming out of this.

I don't know if this is a good idea. Too many egos get bruised in these things. No offense to anyone one on particular, but I can just see the amount of whining when we start lumping posters into "Bar Room" or "Wrestling" regions. And God, if you actually SEED the brackets?!

If IC and Shockey are okay with it, that's fine, and I'll participate. But for the most part, I don't see any good coming out of this.

The regions, to my knowledge, are randomized. I wouldn't literally place the top posters in their special "regions".

And the SEEDING would be done through several members who're picked to make out lists of their top posters. JUST like the WZ tourney has done.

I agree that egos could be bruised, but its a wrestling forum in general. To be involved is a great honor, and if you aren't, it motivates you or rather SHOULD to get more active and get noticed.

If your really worried about seeding, just do it randomly. Don't worry about first and last.

UPDATE: If we do this, with Regions, the bar room WILL NOT be counted.

You will only be rewarded for the posts and skills you show outside of the spam areas. (ie. Wrestling, NWS, Interactive, Music/Movies/Games, Sports)

This seems like fun and I like the whole brackets and picking seeds. I'm in but fear my recent elimination game win, will make me an easy target :(

Wow Will, did I not just say that I wanted to do this last night:p

Thanks for stealing my idea:(

Even though I am in.

Heh, I know I wouldn't get far, but when people like IC and Sly think I'm a good poster, I might as well give it a go.

Wow Will, did I not just say that I wanted to do this last night:p

Thanks for stealing my idea:(

Even though I am in.

You did? I didn't know that, and I certainly didn't mean to step on toes. :(

UPDATE: However, I said "I" would not feel comfortable doing this, if I didn't have the approval and backing of those I felt's opinions meant the most.

Regardless of who, or why.. a negative has been brought to light on the subject, that I understand and see. As result, at present time.. it doesn't look like a 2nd annual tourney will be held for now. Maybe some other time in the future.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. But keep posting everywhere, especially if this idea does turn up. The better you post, and the more you spread yourself out there in all the sections.. the better you help yourself.

Ok, I'm in.

But....

we just had the elimination game and we jsut had the WZ awards.

So Sly and M_F have already won recent popularity contests, and we're starting another one?

I am starting the Sly HQ for this campaign. I want to back a winner.

And to think...I was gonna ask you to lead my campaign... :lmao:

I'm in!

You did? I didn't know that, and I certainly didn't mean to step on toes. :(

UPDATE: However, I said "I" would not feel comfortable doing this, if I didn't have the approval and backing of those I felt's opinions meant the most.

Regardless of who, or why.. a negative has been brought to light on the subject, that I understand and see. As result, at present time.. it doesn't look like a 2nd annual tourney will be held for now. Maybe some other time in the future.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. But keep posting everywhere, especially if this idea does turn up. The better you post, and the more you spread yourself out there in all the sections.. the better you help yourself.

Well Will, here is what we could do. you get 64 people to sign up, and if it is them that sign up, knowing the rules such as that they acknowledge that the game is fair, and not to be upset about this. Also, we could set forth a similar policy I had that no one may red rep another poster for being voted against, then the game could go off nicely. For brackets, just do it by post count, or a system where one evaluates post count and reputation.

Well Will, here is what we could do. you get 64 people to sign up, and if it is them that sign up, knowing the rules such as that they acknowledge that the game is fair, and not to be upset about this. Also, we could set forth a similar policy I had that no one may red rep another poster for being voted against, then the game could go off nicely. For brackets, just do it by post count, or a system where one evaluates post count and reputation.

Neither mean as much as some think they do.

NoFate is easily a very great Wrestling poster, and yet he has less posts than some that have no business even having a faction of those posts.

Meanwhile, rep is ****ed out a lot more than people try to realize. Some, if not most, used to be between friends and for bar room stuff. Not actual wrestling posts.

Finally.. I made the agreement in the beginning of the thread. I wanted overall apporval. Didn't happen, and I understand why. Someday it might happen, just not right now.

I was thinking after the Wrestling Tournament for sure. No point in having two massive things going at once.

I also think that now, tournaments may be a little less hated then before, the hatred has died down. If we can get this gonig for say... May 1st, that would be pretty sweet.

Ok, just so Will doesn't have to field this all by himself...

I brought the negative. I've seen this tournaments work, but more often than not, I have seen them flop and end with a shitstorm of people with bruised egos, hurt feelings, and tournament organizers who worked hard getting accused of mis-handling rules and such.

What's to say this would end differently? Hell, we've almost had regulars get banned over the posters tournaments before, and last August I even interrupted my vacation in North Carolina to extinguish fires on my Blackberry because of it.

Ok, just so Will doesn't have to field this all by himself...

I brought the negative. I've seen this tournaments work, but more often than not, I have seen them flop and end with a shitstorm of people with bruised egos, hurt feelings, and tournament organizers who worked hard getting accused of mis-handling rules and such.

What's to say this would end differently? Hell, we've almost had regulars get banned over the posters tournaments before, and last August I even interrupted my vacation in North Carolina to extinguish fires on my Blackberry because of it.

Bruised egos and hurt feelings are all a part of it. I say, if people can't handle it, fuck em. Don't enter the tournament if you can't handle the results. It's sad that you had to interrupt a vacation because of stupid crap like that. It is for reasons like that, that I throw my name down for this tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back