• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleZone Tournament Bar Room Sidetalk Thread

I don't exactly have his medical records to pull out, but that's been rumor pretty much accepted as fact for a while now. Surprisingly it's fairly common amongst comedians, which would strike you as somewhat counter-intuitive.

This all goes back way before he came out as anti-vaccine.

I'm pretty sure he just said that to get Jenny McCarthy to have sex with him. And really, I can't blame him.

Jenny McCarthy holds a very fond spot in the memories of my midteens. She very narrowly lost to Fiona Apple in the battle for Rayne's first nut, but that video for "Criminal" was a clincher.

Ech, I want you to know I snorted when I laughed at you bringing up someone's prime being 30 years ago.

This may be my favourite tourney post thus far:

Ech had asked why this is so ironic...

And, Ech, it's because roughly 80-90% of the guys you back in this tournament had peaks between 30 and 60 years ago. When you bring up that Thesz was great in his prime, can I point out that his prime was 50 years ago, if not more?

Just want to get in a preemptive "Go fuck yourself" to anyone and everyone who is going to throw out the "Brock destroyed Big Show therefore he beats Andre" argument.

You're dumb.

Ech had asked why this is so ironic...

And, Ech, it's because roughly 80-90% of the guys you back in this tournament had peaks between 30 and 60 years ago. When you bring up that Thesz was great in his prime, can I point out that his prime was 50 years ago, if not more?

To that I would say the difference between them and Piper is that Piper didn't retire until the mid 00's and afterwards he was still featured heavily by the WWE. He had a Legends contract at one point didn't he? Compared to someone like for example Bruno who WWE didn't feature or talk about for years his recognizably was starting to fade. Time just naturally has a way of doing that.

People use the current recognizably argument all the time and I'm sure most don't even consider it is because of the selectiveness of the WWE promotional machine.

The fuck?

Rock had a niche personality that catered strictly to the AE fans at the time. Rock was considered too vulgar just like the whole product at the time to cater to ordinary people outside wrestling circles. Kids used to think he was cool because he swore a lot.

I'd argue that if he was in his wrestling prime now with the current toned down personality that he uses he could reach heights far greater than he ever could have and did in the 90's.

Rock was considered too vulgar just like the whole product at the time to cater to ordinary people outside wrestling circles.

This is absolutely ridiculous. The Rock crossed over into the mainstream massively. He had a hit single with Wyclef, he hosted Saturday Night Live and he became a leading man in Hollywood.

This is absolutely ridiculous. The Rock crossed over into the mainstream massively. He had a hit single with Wyclef, he hosted Saturday Night Live and he became a leading man in Hollywood.

Did he do all of this before the late 90's or after? 2000 was Rock's top year as a pro wrestler. I do not recall the Rock appearing in movies, television, or any other media catering to a widespread audience until after this.

Rock has had a variety of roles in Hollywood that has introduced him to audiences that would have never have watched him in the WWE during his prime.

Did he do all of this before the late 90's or after? 2000 was Rock's top year as a pro wrestler. I do not recall the Rock appearing in movies, television, or any other media catering to a widespread audience until after this.

Rock has had a variety of roles in Hollywood that has introduced him to audiences that would have never have watched him in the WWE during his prime.

He hosted SNL in May 2000.

To be fair, many pro wrestlers have appeared on SNL over the years. I know Hogan has. Whether or not they hosted I do not know. But it is beside the point I was originally trying to make in that thread.

Aside from Hogan and Rock, name a few that had to that point. Or after actually.

Andy did his share of worked matches. Or did you forget about all those inter gender matches he had?

Based on that, Maria Menunos is a wrestler, as is Seth Green and anyone else that hosted Raw and worked a match.

Also, you're counting inter gender matches as part of a comedy bit towards someone being a wrestler. You're smarter than this.

Third, three people does not make "many" wrestlers appearing on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back