• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleZone Tournament Bar Room Sidetalk Thread

Based on that, Maria Menunos is a wrestler, as is Seth Green and anyone else that hosted Raw and worked a match.

Also, you're counting inter gender matches as part of a comedy bit towards someone being a wrestler. You're smarter than this.

Third, three people does not make "many" wrestlers appearing on the show.

Did either of them work as many as 400 matches like Kaufman did? It's not reaching when a pretend pro wrestler has more matches than most actual pro wrestlers.

Comedy matches or not, it doesn't change the fact that he participated in worked matches. Why are you even picking so hard at this?

Did either of them work as many as 400 matches like Kaufman did? It's not reaching when a pretend pro wrestler has more matches than most actual pro wrestlers.

Because Andy Kaufman is a mainstream celebrity who crossed over into wrestling and therefore not relevant in a discussion about The Rock's crossover from pro wrestling.

But anyway, this argument is absurd. Speaking of which...

Aye Aye! Dusty has been the inspiration and rolemodel for many of this generation Wrestlers. That said, considering both the personal lives of El Santo and Dusty Rhodes, the latter had been a continuous inspiration for a whole generation whereas El Santo has made Mexican Wrestling so popular. But still, the victory will be for Dusty Rhodes.

What does this even mean?

Comedy matches or not, it doesn't change the fact that he participated in worked matches. Why are you even picking so hard at this?

I'll take back what I said about you being smarter than that.

Because Andy Kaufman is a mainstream celebrity who crossed over into wrestling and therefore not relevant in a discussion about The Rock's crossover from pro wrestling.

But anyway, this argument is absurd. Speaking of which.

What does this even mean?

I have already conceded that this has nothing to do with the Rock.

His first appearance was 3 years before his wrestling debut. He used SNL to get wrestling exposure, not the other way round.

Bob Uecker, Donald Trump, Drew Carey, Mike Tyson, Mr T., Arnie and Snoop Dogg all were on SNL and 'wrestlers' as they're in the HOF Is that right Ech?

Though the only actual wrestler I can find are:

John Cena (2009), Vince McMahon (cameo in Rocks appearance), Triple H (cameo in Rocks 2000 appearance), Big SHow(Rock appearance), Foley (Rock appearance), Rowdy Roddy Piper (not no Inoki, this was 1985 Hogans appearance), Bob Orton (1985 Hogan appearance).

So Rock, Hogan, Cena, Vince, Trips, Big Show, Foley, Bob Orton, Piper.

Backlund is a wrestling god. One who lost to Kevin "not a good mat wrestler" Nash in one of the shortest title matches ever. Clearly the man is too much for Brock to handle.

Bob Uecker, Donald Trump, Drew Carey, Mike Tyson, Mr T., Arnie and Snoop Dogg all were on SNL and 'wrestlers' as they're in the HOF Is that right Ech?

Correct. I'm surprised you didn't list any of them when you listed Stevie Richards.

Backlund is a wrestling god. One who lost to Kevin "not a good mat wrestler" Nash in one of the shortest title matches ever. Clearly the man is too much for Brock to handle.

I'm glad you are catching on.

I did list them, along with Andy Kaufman since he's such a huge wrestler. I also listed Spartacus as number one just for you seeing as you like old wrestlers. I thought Jacob may be a bit too old school though and God's loss record of 100% may bar him from the tournament.

I did list them, along with Andy Kaufman since he's such a huge wrestler. I also listed Spartacus as number one just for you seeing as you like old wrestlers. I thought Jacob may be a bit too old school though and God's loss record of 100% may bar him from the tournament.

What, no Abraham Lincoln? That one should have been easy. For shame Lee, for shame. Barry Horowitz had a loss record of 99% and I'm sure someone included him. I don't know why you would exclude God.

Being intentionally obtuse is one of the most obnoxious things you can do in this tournament.

Looking at you, Ech. In case that wasn't obvious.

Nah I found it during my search for the Hogan can't climb a ladder, it made me spurt pepsi out my mouth with the line "Who gives a shit how "Legit" Frank Gotch was."

He knows Benoit won that feud against Kane, right?

Obviously I would never vote for Benoit over Kane. But, ya know...

Old school is king... until they face Kane. I wonder how much it pained him to vote against his pre 1960 club member there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back