• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Question for mods (except Crock)

Pepe Silvia

Occasional Pre-Show
If someone does something silly in a non-Bar Room spam area, can I make a Bar Room thread with content that is only allowed in this section, and then go into the non-Bar Room area and link them to the Bar Room thread?

Essentially, say someone says "Cena sucks, he knows 3 moves" in the Wrestling Spam Zone; I make a Bar Room thread that says "I hope your mother accidentally drinks a cup of glass and kills herself, and you're entirely to blame for her demise," and then just post the thread link in the Spam Zone. is that against the rules?

I probably won't do it because it's pretty pointless, but it popped into my head and shit.

I'm not a mod, but bringing stuff out of the Bar Room is a rule.

3) What happens in The Bar Room, stays in The Bar Room. Any feuds here are not to spill out into the open forums.

Posting a link on any other section technically would be bringing stuff out. Plus there's the whole password thing. Which for some reason, not everyone can find.

You'd be telling a guy something about the Bar Room outside the Bar Room. Think Fight Club.

I asked JMT during the WZ tournament if I could link to arguments made in the Bar in actual tournament threads. He said it'd be okay. My assumption is the precedent applies to what you're talking about.

Essentially, say someone says "Cena sucks, he knows 3 moves" in the Wrestling Spam Zone; I make a Bar Room thread that says "I hope your mother accidentally drinks a cup of glass and kills herself, and you're entirely to blame for her demise," and then just post the thread link in the Spam Zone. is that against the rules?

Probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back