WrestleZone Tournament Bar Room Sidetalk Thread

It's time.

CbJRclYW0AA_zp6.jpg

If I cared enough to really think about it, no. My heart wants Cena, but nothing backs it up.

Only reason I can be arsed is because OYDK made the monumentally stupid choice of bringing up the Cena-Orton match. I couldn't sit idly by.

And I'm sure you're right, Glass Man. Been a pretty dull year aside from KB getting called out after the seeds were revealed.

Also, I don't love using a gimmick to make or break a guy in these things, but Punk is an all-time ladder match guy IMO. He definitely takes that second fall.

I boiled your argument down to one issue and then turned it on you, kind of like what Annie did with the black mold problem in season 2 of Community.

If I cared enough to really think about it, no. My heart wants Cena, but nothing backs it up.

Only reason I can be arsed is because OYDK made the monumentally stupid choice of bringing up the Cena-Orton match. I couldn't sit idly by.

And I'm sure you're right, Glass Man. Been a pretty dull year aside from KB getting called out after the seeds were revealed.

Called out for.......?

In my defense, this isn't malicious. I applaud the entertainment value the incident brought me.

I enjoy the yearly tradition of people utterly forgetting there is other voting criteria outside of kayfabe when we hit the gimmick rounds. Total mind whipe.

I enjoy the yearly tradition of people utterly forgetting there is other voting criteria outside of kayfabe when we hit the gimmick rounds. Total mind whipe.

I've noticed this too. I think people are just happy to not be making the same tired arguments for their preferred wrestler round after round and finally get to use their imaginations.

I'm pretty sure the voting criteria is "Vote for whoever you want, for literally any reason." If not in letter, certainly as a result of years of tradition.

I'm pretty sure the voting criteria is "Vote for whoever you want, for literally any reason." If not in letter, certainly as a result of years of tradition.

Basically. But a lot of people are convinced by arguments within the thread about who would win the match, and that's what separates the WZT from a general popularity contest.

and Im pretty sure you weren't here when it was started, nor were you here when it was discussed that we should try to do things more akin to back then, Hence Shocky's old rules being busted out for the Benoit fiasco.

Just because its been done ass wrong for two years doesn't make it the new "right"

and Im pretty sure you weren't here when it was started, nor were you here when it was discussed that we should try to do things more akin to back then, Hence Shocky's old rules being busted out for the Benoit fiasco.

Just because its been done ass wrong for two years doesn't make it the new "right"

Look, I'm not going to fight about a fake wrestling tournament, but there's no stickied rules for this thing and there's certainly no enforced rules beyond "Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors". I didn't follow the Benoit thing but I assume Benoit lost to Ambrose because of what he did out of the ring, and I assume Shocky's rules say that shouldn't be considered, but Benoit still lost and nothing happened. There have to be rules and they have to be enforceable before anyone can break them.

Look, I'm not going to fight about a fake wrestling tournament, but there's no stickied rules for this thing and there's certainly no enforced rules beyond "Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors". I didn't follow the Benoit thing but I assume Benoit lost to Ambrose because of what he did out of the ring, and I assume Shocky's rules say that shouldn't be considered, but Benoit still lost and nothing happened. There have to be rules and they have to be enforceable before anyone can break them.

Never said there were rules.

I said there was suggested voting criteria which people follow pretty uniformly until the gimmick rounds and then all of it gets tossed out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back