• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleZone Tournament Bar Room Sidetalk Thread

I feel this latest vote in the Cena/Funk match is particularly amusing given the recent conversation.

[YOUTUBE]f12lTdNn1jU[/YOUTUBE]

This hit, that stone cold, tough as nails, not too old
This one for them hood punks, them boy scouts, saying Cena Sucks
Fire, barbed wire, we're gonna go to war
Got a weapon loaded dump truck
Gonna bleed tonight, I'm hardcore

I'm hardcore (hot damn)
Call the po-lice and the fireman
I'm hardcore (hot damn)
Make John Cena wanna retire, man
I'm hardcore (hot damn)
Say my name you know who I am
I'm hardcore (hot damn)
And my fist 'bout that KO
Break it down...

Terry hit your superhero (ouch)
'Cause Hardcore Funk gon' give it to ya
'Cause Badass Funk gon' give it to ya
'Cause Terry Funk gon' give it to ya
Saturday night and John takes a dive
Don't believe me just watch (Come on)

Vote Terry Funk.

That guy is in his own universe & tends to think outside the box that the box came in. Possible after effects of untreated concussions, or just a bit too many hits of acid. Either one explains a lot.

That guy is in his own universe & tends to think outside the box that the box came in. Possible after effects of untreated concussions, or just a bit too many hits of acid. Either one explains a lot.

For what it's worth, he's the same guy who was behind the whole "Earthquake can defeat John Cena" thing a couple of years ago.

The concept behind a fallacy is that it is used in place of a logical argument. I did no such thing.
[youtube]-Ea6Z63Nkko[/youtube]

2czoxgh.jpg

The only flavors I am seeing are vanilla and rusty barbed wire. Because that's the only flavor Terry Funk would like, right?

Sometimes a man needs some butterscotch in his life. Is that asking too much? Surely an old-timer like yourself can appreciate butterscotch.

Nope. Too set in my ways. Though I do like strawberry and mint chocolate chip. I guess that goes back to my kayfabe loving days when Kane and Undertaker were the top two pro wrestlers on the planet.

Sounds like you've really lived life. Mind giving me some advice? I need to know the best kind of flowers to send a girl to apologize for my catastrophic erectile dysfunction.

Public service announcement - despite Sly's flippant remarks, please remember that glass and broken glass in particular can be very dangerous and should not be handled carelessly.

That all being said Goldberg's loss to that limo window was pretty embarrassing.

Don't try this at home kids, the more you know, because knowing is half the battle.

because knowing is half the battle.

I particularly enjoy this statement because Goldberg took out Slaughter earlier in the tournament, and his opponent this round was bitten by a cobra.

Only the combination of Slyfox and the Macho Man can save the day against the evil combined forces of Bill Goldberg and Cobra.

[YOUTUBE]mfSq2bXvdgw[/YOUTUBE]

What a waste of time this tournament continues to be. The same people progress every single year in, what is quickly becoming, an increasing popularity contest. I'm done with it now and in the future.

What a waste of time this tournament continues to be. The same people progress every single year in, what is quickly becoming, an increasing popularity contest. I'm done with it now and in the future.

Sure looks that way. But if Andre and Flair win that's the furthest they will have ever gone. In fact I don't think anyone who had a prime before the mid 80's has ever made the final 4. But yeah, if we end up with Austin vs Rock as the final that's going to suck.

Not necessarily complaining about the results since I don't pay close enough attention to the tourney every year to speak authoritatively, but has the idea of a WZT Hall of Fame been discussed? Perhaps after someone wins twice or so, they could be memorialized and taken out of competition.

I really don't know why people freak out when it's the same group of people near the finals every year. People don't seem to mind it in the NCAA Tournament.

Oh and the two finalists from last year didn't even make the final sixteen so that argument really doesn't hold up this year.

Sure looks that way. But if Andre and Flair win that's the furthest they will have ever gone. In fact I don't think anyone who had a prime before the mid 80's has ever made the final 4. But yeah, if we end up with Austin vs Rock as the final that's going to suck.

Flair was in the finals the first year.

I really don't know why people freak out when it's the same group of people near the finals every year. People don't seem to mind it in the NCAA Tournament.

Oh and the two finalists from last year didn't even make the final sixteen so that argument really doesn't hold up this year.

Not the same thing. The NCAA teams change players. Now very few people win more then one title. Major teams who recruit well will always excel.

Here all the contestants are relatively great. The problem is people are voting more towards familiarity rather then talent, legacy or importance. Every year someone who was big in the Attitude Era wins. This year 12 of the remaining 16 fit that criteria. Of the 16 left 4 have won it already with Austin winning it three times.

It has unfortunately grown stagnant.

Here all the contestants are relatively great. The problem is people are voting more towards familiarity rather then talent, legacy or importance. Every year someone who was big in the Attitude Era wins. This year 12 of the remaining 16 fit that criteria. Of the 16 left 4 have won it already with Austin winning it three times.

It has unfortunately grown stagnant.

No, not really. It varies pretty easily from one year to another.

Or Austin and Rock really are the best of all time and belong in the finals every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back