• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania XXIX Feedback/Review Thread *KEEP IT ALL IN HERE*

@Dr. Yeah I'm hoping for a Ziggler cash on raw as well.
@R.K.O. The Rock saying he is going to retire is doubtful because supposedly he is booked for extreme rules and he said he will be at Wrestlemania 30. But hey you never know maybe he might come out and say he is retiring and then get F5d by Lesnar and it brings him back in. Also I knew Undertaker was going to finish CM Punk with that last tombstone because I noticed Taker lifted Punk up for the tombstone and then turned around and did a 180 so he could face the camera to get the winning shot and he only does that when the match is over. I notice strange things lol

@Dr. Yeah I'm hoping for a Ziggler cash on raw as well.
@R.K.O. The Rock saying he is going to retire is doubtful because supposedly he is booked for extreme rules and he said he will be at Wrestlemania 30. But hey you never know maybe he might come out and say he is retiring and then get F5d by Lesnar and it brings him back in. Also I knew Undertaker was going to finish CM Punk with that last tombstone because I noticed Taker lifted Punk up for the tombstone and then turned around and did a 180 so he could face the camera to get the winning shot and he only does that when the match is over. I notice strange things lol
He also does that for falsies. It was a second tombstone and the tombstone is Takers kill move. Fantastic sequence right before with each guy on the bring of winning if he could hit his finish. I loved that Taker no sold the GTS too. Guessing it was a vet move because Punk didn't hit it very well. So instead of staggering off then hitting a desperation tombstone, it looked more like a posse off tombstone. Such a great match and a lot of little details that were cool like Punk's attire.

Cena/Rock had a lot of cool details too. Cena is always good at them. But Cena Irish whipping Rock and falling forward to get over the force of the whip, or shaking off his own arm after a hard clothesline, or the double reversals, learning from the last match. There are a lot of layers to what the smart workers do if you just pay attention.

Even in SHIELD vs Sheamus/Orton/Show, Show was the face in peril to get over SHIELD's pack advantage.

I just came back from Metlife myself and the whole PPV was just bad after Punk vs Taker. The crowd did not care. There were boring chants in my section for brock vs hhh and Rock vs Cena. Rock vs Cena was just horrible in everyway. The whole arena hated the result. I honestly dont think I will go to another Mania live.

Everything felt rushed. Everyone went for a bathroom break after HHH vs Lesner cuz we were expected a tag team match, then out of nowhere, Cenas music plays and he comes out. It just felt rushed.

The script and pacing of the show was bad. Traffic out of Metlife was even worse.

5 out of 10 for me.

It did not even feel special being there. The pyro was not even that good.

What exactly was so rushed? I thought the Pyro was pretty well done.

Anyone else think that was probably the best Mania set ever? The scale and detail of it was amazing. Also, fuck the guy who said "I'll never go to another wrestlemania". I have been to 20+ wrestling shows ranging from an Indy show in a cafeteria with a 9 foot ceiling to KENTA vs Bryan Danielsn to Cena getting drafted to Raw. I have loved every live wrestling experience I have ever had. I have never been to a wrestlemania. Give me your tickets next time and I'll gladly go.

I loved the look of Metlife Stadium with the Statue Of Liberty,the Brooklyn Bridge,etc. I agree Ive been to numerous Shows and have enjoyed them every time. Ive been to one Wrestlemania and I would love the chance to attend another one.

Something else that stood out tonight was some of the new guys getting a Win on the biggest night of the year. Daniel Bryan getting his 1st Mania win was cool as well.

@TWJC I know he does that for false finishes but if you watch the first tombstone he had his back turned completely towards the camera and then the second one it looked like he was spinning in circles lol. It just looked way more obvious to me this time. Check it out when you get a chance to see the replay. He really made sure the camera had a good view of him

from booking stand point, it is essential to throw in a filler match following the top match so crowd could take a break from exerting energy. The crowd was dead for hhh lesnar match which i believe was the result from ppl getting exhausted from punk taker match. To not throw in the filler match prior to the main event as well as cutting out the big entrance and that final promo package really did rush the main event.

@TWJC I know he does that for false finishes but if you watch the first tombstone he had his back turned completely towards the camera and then the second one it looked like he was spinning in circles lol. It just looked way more obvious to me this time. Check it out when you get a chance to see the replay. He really made sure the camera had a good view of him
The first Tombstone was earlier in the match, he had just eaten a GTS, Punk had the advantage for a time up until then. It made sense to hit it fast. The other was the result of a power struggle and Taker measured him to be sure it put Punk down.

I know he made sure the camera had a good view. All the greats do that. It's something you can watch new guys get better at and something Jarrett was a stickler for in TNA apparently. Notice that Cena does it with his AAs, Rock sets up the People's elbow so the camera can watch the crowd grab at his elbow pad, Cena also pretty much always hits his top rope leg drop from the upper right corner.

As I said. There was no filler match. That went from Punk vs Taker to HHH vs Lesnar to Cena vs Rock.

They scrapped the tag team. All of a sudden Cena's music played and was coming to the ring, when nobody in the place thought it was even time for that match. No video package before hand. No special entrance. Just felt rushed. The crowd was chanting boring during the Cena and Rock match. It was very sloppy. The pryo was alright I guess. It was just the same pyro the whole time. I guess I expected some more big explosions or something. Not to mention everyone was freezing in my section lol. I had so many layers on and was still cold. I cant imagine how the wrestlers felt.

What pissed me off the most was the Ryback/ Mark Henry ending. You had the Ryback who was probably the biggest breakout star they had last year dominating through everyone and hadn't lost a single one on one match legitimately to the Ryback who just lost by fat guy fall down basically. Mark Henry as dominant as he looks/is should not be getting the upper hand like that on any young dominant superstar. If your going to build someone like Ryback to be this over dominant super star you don't have him lose like that on Wrestlemania of all shows.

To build these new talents to the level of remotely possible legit super superstar level you cant make them look weak like that on the most watched ppv of the year. The same goes for Fandango. Yea he won, but it wasn't remotely in the fashion it should have been for a fresh star to get over. Poor endings killed this ppv for me

As I said. There was no filler match. That went from Punk vs Taker to HHH vs Lesnar to Cena vs Rock.

They scrapped the tag team. All of a sudden Cena's music played and was coming to the ring, when nobody in the place thought it was even time for that match. No video package before hand. No special entrance. Just felt rushed. The crowd was chanting boring during the Cena and Rock match. It was very sloppy. The pryo was alright I guess. It was just the same pyro the whole time. I guess I expected some more big explosions or something. Not to mention everyone was freezing in my section lol. I had so many layers on and was still cold. I cant imagine how the wrestlers felt.
It's interesting you mention the cold. I wonder if that altered the audience's response at all. It didn't seem to change the performance. Lesnar was sweating his ass off.

It's interesting you mention the cold. I wonder if that altered the audience's response at all. It didn't seem to change the performance. Lesnar was sweating his ass off.

Truthfully. I think seeing people kick out of finishers to much makes the crowd not react as much. I remembered a few times where I had no reaction to the finishers because I knew they needed to be done maybe 3 more times before someone actually won.

The fact that there were NO SURPRISES AT WRESTLEMANIA is boring. And where were the backstage segments, maybe a short interview or 2?

It was pretty much.. match, advertisement, match, promo, match etc. Just give us a backstage segment of Lesnar getting pumped to destroy Triple H or something, that would actually get everybody a bit more excited. And it'd add a little something different to the format of the show.

Shield vs Smackdown was a good opener IMO, but Big Show knocking out Sheamus and Orton was silly and did NOTHING.
Tag title match was so-so, Big E looked destructive but Hell No have had those titles for too long now.. Was really hoping they would drop it here.
Jericho/Fandango, was good to see Fandango perform. Hated that he won, AND WITH A ROLLUP. Eugh.
Henry/Ryback was pretty alright, I liked how Ryback got bood and Henry got cheered, pretty funny. Stupid ending.
Didn't care for DelRio/Swagger at all.
Punk/Taker STOLE THE SHOW. Should have been after Lesnar/HHH, it was just really good. Punk is ridiculously good at making a match feel meaningful. Starting off with a slap, laughing during the match and taking Undertaker's pin. Wonderful match.
Lesnar/Triple H. Lesnar is looking massive, and the match was okayyyyyy. Didn't need Shawn out there. Obvious who was going to win, as if Triple H would miss Wrestlemania 30.
Cena/Rock. More than half of it was boring and slow, then the other part was about 6 finisher reversals and a bucketful of reversals. Cena's elbow fake was brilliant, I loved it. As was Rock's immitation of the You Can't See Me, then got caught in the FU, really thought it was over there. But Cena winning with a random FU was poor, considering it was like his 5th one he'd done. Wasn't a fan of the hugging and crap.

Would have been a bad Wrestlemania if it wasn't for Punk and Taker really.

I got what i expected. I saw a mediocre card with predictable outcomes and for the most part, mediocre matches and Wrestlemania 29 delivered in that respect. My friends that i watched with hated it far more than I simply because they expected WWE to swerve us and make it exciting, once again, they didn't. They thought we might see Ziggler win some titles, or Cena turning heel or something good to talk about after, but we didn't that.

Mark Henry beating Ryback was pointless. I prefer Mark Henry anyway, but why would they pass up the chance to give a big win to someone who is meant to be the star of the future?

They passed up yet another chance on Ziggler. Why don't they just pull the trigger? The 'we want Ziggler' chants used to be strong but now they're dying down. Why? It's not because of Ziggler, its because they've wasted so many opportunities that the fans are getting annoyed and time is being wasted.

Punk/Taker was good, but compared to past streak matches, it doesn't compare. That's no slander on Punk, the problem is that these streak matches have been overdone and the ideas of what to do in them have dried up. We're already convinced that Taker won't lose, so all the finishers in the world won't get me into it. I can appreciate a good match with a predictable outcome, but this match really wasn't good enough for me to forget that.

HHH/Lesnar was nice, but nothing amazing. Like most things in the night, nothing changed and nothing exciting happened.

Rock/Cena was boring and uneventful. There was a brief period where it was exciting, but that was only a few minute period close to the end, when Cena was pulling off the slightly arrogant heelish tendencies. They tried to sell us the same thing twice and it fell hugely short just like everyone thought it would. No huge moment or anything either. That respect moment at the end was pretty sickening to watch too. Cena won the title, better than the Rock i guess but nothing groundbreaking.

Mediocre at best, downright crap at the least. All the gate revenue and the biggest buyrates in the world (which it might not even get) can't compensate for how bad this Mania was.

I think one other thing that bothered me was that there was not ONE wrestlemania moment by an individual superstar. I wouldn't say Punk vs Taker was a wrestlemania moment. Just a really good match. Get what I'm trying to say?

Truthfully. I think seeing people kick out of finishers to much makes the crowd not react as much. I remembered a few times where I had no reaction to the finishers because I knew they needed to be done maybe 3 more times before someone actually won.
So instead have them win after one finish and so the finish gets no reaction BRILLIANT.

Cena/Rock was the only match that got lazy with their falsies. Even then the "you can't see me" learned psychology spot made up for it.

Punk/Taker countered more finishers than they hit. Same with HHH/Lesnar.

I think guys should have "kill" finishers. Taker's tombstone was this and should be. The really good ones like Punk, Cena (when he's not with Dwayne), and Daniel Bryan do more with teasing finishers than actual finisher kickouts.

Just got back home from Wrestlemania. This was definitely an event that you needed to attend as opposed to watching it on TV.

I was disappointed with The Shield and Orton, Sheamus and Show's match. I preferred Orton turn heel. I just feel he's just fading into the background of the WWE. I felt this was a match he needed to shine in and they buried him some more.

The Mark Henry and Ryback match had a lot of potential but definitely fell flat. When Ryback went for the shell shock the first time everyone went nuts and then they just killed the momentum. Another disappointing ending.

The tag team champion match was also disappointing because IMO Team Hell No has ran it's course. I called Ziggles to get his tag team championship and cash in his money in the bank briefcase and neither occurred. I mean how long is he suppose to carry that for?? WWE really dropped the ball with this faction of Ziggler Big E and AJ. They could have had a divas title match and have AJ win it and really do damage with this group. Many of us was really disappointed with the outcome of this match.

The Fandango and Jericho match was also disappointing. I get Jericho is a company guy but enough is enough dude should have won this match. When's the last time he's won the big one? Fandango is a heel he would of bounced back from the lost.

Del Rio and Swagger was okay. Nothing too crazy with this match. I'm glad he retained. I just don't like Swagger. Never will.

Punk and Taker was AWESOME. I don't care. They definitely stole the show. They had everyone on the edge of their seats. At one point I was actually second guessing if Taker was gonna win. Punk really has a chance to go far. I just hope they continue to push him to the moon. He was awesome tonight. Great match to witness live.

Lesnar and HHH was boring. I mean it's gotten to a point where you know when to expect a match to heat up and when it should get ready to end. That was the case with this match. I really didn't get into it at all.

Finally the main event. I was 99% sure Cena was winning but I was hoping just maybe they reenact Austin and Rock where it takes Cena the third time to actually beat Rock. We booed that poor man. I wonder if the boos was heard on TV the way it was at the stadium. Obviously you have your Cena fans but the hatred for him in general was real. This match seemed rush. I mean I guess that was obvious the way Cena's music started out of nowhere. But the match was okay. Wasn't that bad but everyone knew not to expect much after the first two finishers. Once the reversals started everyone was like wtf and had everyone going crazy. I knew when Rock was going for that last Rock Bottom it was over for him. Disappointing. And what a way to end Wrestlemania. The face of the company being booed out the building and not even The Rock could help him.

Anyway all in all it wasn't a bad Wrestlemania. I enjoyed it a lot. But like I said before I think it was the atmosphere more than the actual matches.

This was the first WrestleMania I've attended, and I was very pleased. I'm pissed that Fandango and The Shield won their matches, but Mark Henry beating Ryback helps make up for it. Undertaker/Punk was my match of the night by far, and both their entrances were phenomenal.

I give WrestleMania 29 a solid 8/10.

Fandangoo Vs Chris Jericho
Sloppy and yet another terrible finish, you'd have thought they would make Fandangoo look more convincing in his debut match after putting so much reasources into his character. Jericho wasn't on point and Fandangoo was never given a chance to get even slightly over with the crowd. 1/5

That is complete bullshit while the match wasn't great 1/5 is complete and utter bullshit it was the best match aside from the 3 main events every other match was crap

@TWJC I wouldn't say Taker has a "killing finisher" either because over these last few manias hbk and HHH took three tombstone pile drivers to put them down. The Italian guy is right, I didn't believe for a second that anyone was losing when they hit their finisher in the three main event matches for the first time. It's becoming a pattern and its causing the audience not to get involved until maybe after the second finisher is hit. They are getting carried away with all of these kick out of finishers ordeal. It seemed to really start with the hbk vs taker match at wm25 and everyone's been trying to top that with all these false finishers

Think you summed it up best...Although I'd give punk/taker 4 1/2 if you're giving lesnar/HHH 4 1/4...Think we all judge Taker's match based on the last 4 WM and so tough to top.

Glad I didn't order this PPV. People keep talking about Taker's last 4 Mania matches, but his HIAC match last year wasn't that good. But anyway from what I'm reading Taker Punk match and Lesnar Trips matches were the best ones.

How in the world do you have Mark Henry beat Ryback?:banghead:People really need to stop comparing him to Goldberg because Goldberg would never lose to a bum like Henry. Exactly what purpose did a Henry victory serve other than make Ryback look like a complete joke? And Chris Jericho has officially become the new Brooklyn Brawler. It's just sad. I know Jericho wants to put people over, but can the guy win a match at 'Mania please? Is that too much to ask?

Yeah....no...Um,everything but uh Punk and Taker sucked and the whole PPV was garbage and uh yeah...
NOTHING HAPPENED! WTF happened? Tell me?
The biggest shock of the night was Henry winning...Are you fucking kidding me?
Thank god me a my friends are splitting this one 3 ways.
I called every finish except Henry and that match does not even matter...
No word of a lie I said * Hey how much you wanna bet that Cena wins clean and they shake hands and Rock trys to prevent him from getting pelted with shit from the crowd*
The DVD should be even worse as I imagine they will edit out the fuck you Cena chants.

I havent watched but the way everyone is describing it...WM sounded like a really good Backlash (Do they even have that ppv anymore?? Dont think so..)
The only thing that wasnt predictable was Henry over Ryback.
Did you really think Zigs would cash in?? I didnt. Orton heel turn? Nope. Cena heel turn..Maybe another 5 years.

mania was very predictable, but i wasnt expecting much. I knew coming in HHH and Lesnar would be the exact same thing as summerslam and i figured rock and cena would be a step down from last year. Punk and Taker lived up to the hype IMO, Though it was much better than last years ``friends in a cell`` match. Overall 29 was worse than 28 but slightly better than 27. Kinda funny how the ending of rock and cena had the crowd booing though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back