PPV Aftermath & Review Thread

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Since there is a dedicated section for the discussion of upcoming events, matches & the like... I figured why not make a thread about the aftermath of any PPV's that has just occurred & have some reviews for them? So, from now on in this thread, all thoughts, reviews & discussions about the PPV after it has occurred should be posted straight in here. Everything from match results to where the storylines will take us, comedic skits to audience reactions, the end/start of feuds & injuries that occur. All should really be contained within this thread.

Just to clear things up, this thread is for both TNA & WWE PPV's seeing as these are the ones in the wrestling world that generate the most interest. So, post your thoughts away on the PPV Aftermath & review the show.

FalKon's Breaking Point Review:​

Here I go with my first ever PPV aftermath & review... the audience, the atmosphere & the location of WWE BP was pretty good for PPV standards considering the card & the low amount of hype for some of the matches on the card. They seemed to be doing what is asked of by every company by mainly booing the bad guy & mainly cheering the good guy. Hell, they even booed Chris Jericho whom comes from Canada. The crowd was with the PPV, but seemed they were a step behind at times.

Jerishow vs. Henry/MVP [Unified World Titles]

This was your standard opening match on PPV TV that delivered a very good performance to kick-start the live event. The heat for the two teams seemed mixed as Jericho & Henry garnered the most fan heat whilst people applauded MVP/Show during the match. Good lengthy match with a good ending. The only thing I found wrong with the match is that it was sloppy, but not botchy.

Match FECS Rating: 3.5 Stars

Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz [US Title]

This was the underhyped match of the night with some of the crowd having unknown that this would take place. Good match between the two opponents that showcased the talents of the Miz whilst having Kofi entertain the fans with his high-flying antics. The crowd seemed to have not gave a damn towards the Miz thought, focussing all attention for Kofi. Great match to promote both Miz/Kofi.

Match FECS Rating: 3 Stars

Khali vs. Kane [Singapore Cane Match]

Quite easily the worst match of the night. The crowd chanted how much it sucked & booed it off. It boggled the minds of many how a singapore cane does damage to these giants. The match also went on for far too long for a big man vs. big man feud. The saving graces for this match was Kane & the victory.

Match FECS Rating: 1.5 Stars

DX vs. Legacy [Submissions Count Anywhere]

Good solid performance by the two teams. They went everywhere around the arena & into the backstage area on a couple of occassions. Some of the spots were executed well & got the crowd interested, especially with the presence of Shawn Michaels. The only thing I found anything wrong with this match was Michaels overselling the fall he took from the stands. Didn't seem to logical to have the ref call for "help." The ending with Legacy doing the double submission on Shawn Michaels in the ring in Montreal was great.

Match FECS Rating: 4.5 Stars

Christian vs. William Regal [ECW Title]

I believe that this is the underrated match of the night that could easily take the best on the card. The crowd was behind Christian all the way, giving Regal awesome heel heat. These two veterans put on a clinic where Regal is one of the men proving that age is just a number with his great arsenal expanding & perfected each & every week. Christian put on a solid performance as well... solid wrestling match.

Match FECS Rating: 5 Stars

John Cena vs. Randy Orton [I Quit for the WWE Title]

The epitome of torture. The emphasis to the fact that Orton is a complete & utter psychopath the entire way through was suberbly represented with Cena taking most of the hits. Especially when Cena was hung from the turnbuckle receiving point blank cane shots. Great for building Orton's character & complimenting his backstage interview. This match worked wonders for Cena too whom promised the fans he would not quit, which he didn't. Both men benefited from the match, despite Orton losing the title from his shoulder.

Match FECS Rating: 5.5 Stars - Match Of The Night

Undertaker vs. CM Punk [Submissions Match for the WHC Title]

Short, succint match that ended in controversy to benefit everyone involved in the situation. Teddy Long became heel, Undertaker is cheated from a victory/didn't submit/isn't made to look weak, Punk retains the title/booked as strong/continue to solidify as main eventer, feud can continue to the cell & gives something for the fans to look forward to on SD. This was a result match where whatever happens during the match will be forgetten due to the ending. Great creative swerve for ScrewJob Version 2.0

Match FECS Rating: 2.5 Stars

Other mentions have to go to the Comedic IC Skit that happened in the ring. Basically a waste of time that only promoted a possible feud between Morrison/Ziggler. Didn't need to happen, but it got Patterson some TV time which is great.

Overall PPV FECS Rating: C Grade PPV​

i think its safe to say that everybody knew cena would win this match but wtf was up with the ending

i mean just when i thought that the WWE couldnt make orton look any weaker, well they did

throughout the whole match cena was asked numerous times if he wanted to quit but said "no", which was expected, but the one time orton was asked if he wanted to quit, within 2 seconds the match was over

i know orton is the top heel on RAW but when was the last time that orton ever won or retained the title w/o the help of legacy or cheating in some other fashion???? just curious

tripolie atche;1376039 said:
i think its safe to say that everybody knew cena would win this match but wtf was up with the ending

i mean just when i thought that the WWE couldnt make orton look any weaker, well they did

throughout the whole match cena was asked numerous times if he wanted to quit but said "no", which was expected, but the one time orton was asked if he wanted to quit, within 2 seconds the match was over

i know orton is the top heel on RAW but when was the last time that orton ever won or retained the title w/o the help of legacy or cheating in some other fashion???? just curious

The ending of the match did not make Orton look weak at all, it made John Cena come off as the unstoppable force of the industry. Are you forgetting that the entire match Orton completely squashed Cena? If he were to win, all Cena momentum would dissipate & that would be bad for the business considering he is the top face & the person running the entire roster outside wrestling society.

The way they ended the match was great as Orton tapped out to a very painful submission move where Cena used Orton's PREVIOUSLY INJURED ARM to choke him out. The way Orton sold the move after the match finished gave him an excuse as he has had arm injuries in the past & didn't want to become re-injured. Quite simple really

Overall I was quite happy with Breaking Point, apart from some minor niggles with the two main event Championship matches. Cena/Orton was quite pleasing to watch, just to see the amount of abuse Cena took. It was quite brutal, but fun for me to watch nonetheless (sounds quite disturbing, but oh well). The little niggle for me was the ending. For me it felt like Orton went down far too easy. Most of the match was showcasing how much of a beating Cena can take, then the next thing you know, he has Orton in the STF (which actually looked pretty painful with the handcuffs) and bam. I suppose it should make sense, but I just think Orton went down far too easy.

As for Punk/Undertaker, I was really getting into this match before it was abruptly finished, restarted and then finished again. Punk was getting quite a lot more offence than I thought he would, he was really taking it to The Undertaker. I was happy with that, I didn't want to see a squash match with a duff ending (although the duff ending did still occur). I don't get why Teddy Long used the illegal move excuse. No one bothered to mention that before/during the match (surely you would remember if one of your finishing moves is banned), and I could've sworn I've seen Undertaker use it before, despite this apparent ban.

Fair enough though, the match was restarted, and then what do you know, another "screwjob". I thought this was the weakest (and most tasteless) part of the PPV. But, looking from a different point of view, I guess it was one of, if not the only way to finish the match with Punk retaining, and Undertaker still looking strong and still having his "no tap-out" streak in tact.

Overall though, as I said earlier, I was quite impressed with this PPV, with a few exceptions (the less said about Kane/Khali the better). Good job, WWE.

I agree that it seemed like Orton quit a bit quickly once Cena slapped on the STF, but here's something to think about...Can you physically force Cena off of you once he's got that baby locked on? This is an I Quit match, getting to the ropes wouldn't mean a thing. Cean would just hang on and wait for you to quit.

I think it will be refreshing to see Orton chasing the belt for a bit, as I feel he is at his sadistic best when challenging for the title and not doing anything and everything to retain. Cena makes an entertaining champion, and I was getting a bit tired of listening to his interviews anyway. This should freshen up his mic work for a bit, and besides, here's the best part. You know it'll be Cena vs. Orton in a Hell in the Cell. Not that this match wasn't likely, but it is almost a certainty now. I look forward to seeing Orton use his psychopath character in that kind of setting. Cena and Orton should put on quite a thriller at HIAC.

Now, two other things I would like to quickly address. First, I think the Kofi/Miz match went about as I thought it would, but I was hoping the fans would be a bit more into/against the Miz. I think crowd reaction suffered severely thanks to the lack of US Title time on Raw last week. Loved Barker as a quest host (except during the Body Slam Challenge...how long does it take to realize a man has been body slammed? The move looks exactly like what it claims to be!) I think if they give both of these guys some mic time (can we please let Kofi build up a character and not just be an insane in-ring worker?), we'll have a high quality US Championship feud that will take us into Bragging Rights with the Miz picking up the belt at a rather aptly named PPV for Miz.

Last thing...I don't get Smackdown! where I live (and I lament that every Friday), but the end of the Punk/Taker match was annoying. I understand that, in terms of creativity and pushing the feud, it was the only way to go, but still. Did we need another Montreal Screwjob?

OK, maybe one more thing. Loved the finish of the DX/Legacy match. I thought it would be a double hold on one guy to finish the match, but I didn't think Creative was going to put Legacy over just yet. I thought Cody would tap to a Sharpshooter(Trips)/Crippler Crossface(HBK) finisher with Ted laid out elsewhere. Still, good match and a great end, really pushes this feud forward as I felt it stalled a bit this past week with Cody getting killed by John and DX taking on Orton and Masters.

I think it was the triple threat rematch between Randy, Triple H & Cena....
Legacy stayed out and Orton won clean....
The Wrestle mania Rematch at Night of Champions...
Seems like a long time ago I know... lol

Anyway, I guess it wouldn't have hurt them to hear Orton say "no" a couple of times
but it was the match of the night for a reason and despite my hatred for Vince McMahon and John "I can't wrestle" Cena... I think WWE did this perfectly....
As AshLeigh FalKon previously stated Orton did dominate the match which was enough to sell his character and the quick submit believe it or not also helped sell his character.
As sick and demented and talented as he is, he is still a Conniving scheming heel
and that's what they do.... the cheat, run away and quit like pussycats they are lol

I remember when Brock Lesnar was in a rivalry with Kurt Angle and he was the face Character... Chased Angle around and was cheated many times...
not more than a year later as if we were supposed to forget lmao
Kurt Angle becomes face and Brock turns heel and proceeds to run away Kurt and cheat to win...
It was the worst storyline writing I've ever seen... just embarrassing

meh i thought it was pretty bad.i guess the thing that pissed me off the most was the short world title bout.but i guess the resolved there deliema with the taker and punk match ending. orton and cena as a wrestling match was alright. the story they told in the ring was top notch.every other match didnt leave up to my hype. though im glad legacy got the rub.go figure its not like hhh to be the one to tap.i hope they discontinue this concept next year.

i knew i wouldnt like it.and after watching it i was right.hopefully they dont screw up every other themed ppv. im having high hopes for hell in a cell.but as for breaking point. i just though the whole ppv was just overall terrible. summerslam was much better

Overall I was quite happy with Breaking Point, apart from some minor niggles with the two main event Championship matches. Cena/Orton was quite pleasing to watch, just to see the amount of abuse Cena took. It was quite brutal, but fun for me to watch nonetheless (sounds quite disturbing, but oh well). The little niggle for me was the ending. For me it felt like Orton went down far too easy. Most of the match was showcasing how much of a beating Cena can take, then the next thing you know, he has Orton in the STF (which actually looked pretty painful with the handcuffs) and bam. I suppose it should make sense, but I just think Orton went down far too easy.

As for Punk/Undertaker, I was really getting into this match before it was abruptly finished, restarted and then finished again. Punk was getting quite a lot more offence than I thought he would, he was really taking it to The Undertaker. I was happy with that, I didn't want to see a squash match with a duff ending (although the duff ending did still occur). I don't get why Teddy Long used the illegal move excuse. No one bothered to mention that before/during the match (surely you would remember if one of your finishing moves is banned), and I could've sworn I've seen Undertaker use it before, despite this apparent ban.

Fair enough though, the match was restarted, and then what do you know, another "screwjob". I thought this was the weakest (and most tasteless) part of the PPV. But, looking from a different point of view, I guess it was one of, if not the only way to finish the match with Punk retaining, and Undertaker still looking strong and still having his "no tap-out" streak in tact.

Overall though, as I said earlier, I was quite impressed with this PPV, with a few exceptions (the less said about Kane/Khali the better). Good job, WWE.
You are correct buddy. This was a bad way to go meaning not the overall decision but the reasoning for the restart....
Undertaker has used this move plenty of times since "The Ban".... as recently as his last Match at Wrestlemania against Shawn Michaels....
Although he did not finish Michaels with the move he did lock it on for some time before Shawn got his foot on the ropes... Once again I guess we are supposed to forget these things lol

It's surprising Shawn didn't tap to the move though....
seeing as he tapped to tonight to 2 submissions that even combined aren't nearly as dangerous as the "Gogoplata" which is used in MMA fighting... especially the way WWE has portrayed it in the past with blood coming out of the mouths of those who it's applied.

The Theme of this PPV makes me miss Chris Benoit
You'll never be forgotten.... R.I.P to the Greatest!

All main events aside(Orton beating the hell out of Cena then Orton blurting out "i quit" at the first chance he got and Undertaker being "screwed")...I think that Kofi vs. Miz was the best match of the night...usually when Kofi and his U.S. title are on Raw, I don't really pay attention because Kofi is getting stale to me with the U.S. title, I don't know why.

And even though there is somewhat of a storyline going around the U.S. title (Miz wanting to have a big comeback, Swagger and Carlito thrown in at times) I almost felt like I was watching a match from Smackdown because Smackdown is geared more towards wrestling rather than entertaining.

Well, pretty much every one knew that no matter how hard Orton beat Cena up, Cena was about to win.

The match between Regal and Christian was good, Regal used suplexes like crazy and he looked like he was abou to beat the ECW champ on his own.

The Main event was good, Punk defended himself good but the finish was kind of lame, first of all because the move was not really "banned" anymore, after Vickie reinstated the Undertaker He used the move to defeat the Big Show on a PPV and on Smackdown and none complained about it, so it was safe to say it was not banned anymore and sencond, screwjob? come on they could go better than that, why keep up with this Montreal Screwjob BS? Fans won't let it go in part because the WWE keep reminding them about it.

Hopefully they get a better finish at HIAC.

No, I did not watch the PPV,simply read results, but it seems like a few curve balls and alot of unnecessary shit went down. Kofi vs The Jizz-- Kofi had to win this match in order for me not to castrate myself. Kane vs Khali, not even enough substance to shake a stick at in this match. Fee Fi Fo FUm, this match was fuckin dumb! DX vs Legacy- Is creative just trying to prove how old DX is by letting the younger talent get over?" Sure seems like it. Christian vs Bill Regal-- hopefully this was better than their first match.lol. I thought the two had drastically different styles that would be interesting considering the tenures of these two vets. Christian could carry a match with Eugene if he had to.
Cena vs Orton- Safe to say Cena was gonna win, Orton has just become a sneaky little pussy in the past several months, making no attempts to fight fairly or defend his belt. If he was on Smackdown, that shit wouldnt fly.I love how he takes each and every oppurtunity he can, but c'mon, your not Edge! Taker vs Punk-- I like how they made Taker the champion at least for a second, but what the fuck is up with the new screwjob? Are Punk and Teddy Long in cahoots or what?? Interesting to see how this develops, but it did make Punk an even bigger heel and an even bigger cheat/coward, which is how to garner wicked heat. I wasnt terribly dissapointed when I read the results, but god damn I wish Dolph/Morrison would have happened instead of Zigglers attempt at roasting Fat Patterson. They really wasted two huge talents and should have pulled Kane vs Khali or left out Kofi vs The Jizz. They better make up for it in the next ppv by having a sweet Ziggler/Morrison match 15mins or longer. You have to showcase these athletes because they may make the IC title more credible than its been in a long time.
Yes, this PPV theme does make me think of the Crippler, the best technical wrestler, EVER! He made every kid he wrestled question his tuffness and dedication to the sport by knife edge chopping till he saw the color purple. He earned respect, then demanded it. A wrestling machine and top notch professional (if you consider steroids normal). I will not forgive him for reaching his "Breaking Point" that one night, but there will never be a wrestler as fast, as intense, or as technically perfect as Chris Benoit. Benoit could have wrestled anybody and had a main event match at this PPV. I hear his music in my head :)

Ah, looks like AshLeigh beat me to it. Dammit. Can't say I'm surprised, I'm never first. Anyhow, I figured I'd write up a little review myself.

Even though a lot of matches on the card were a little underhyped, the audience and general atmosphere seemed to be pretty positive and exciting. I was a little surprised to see Chris Jericho get booed, which was kinda nice actually. I dunno, just little things like that can sometimes make me happy when I watch a show.

Chris Jericho/Big Show vs. Henry/MVP [Unified WWE Tag Team Championship]

It was a pretty standard match, but it was still a pretty good one. As AK pointed out, the heat here was pretty mixed. Jericho got booed and so did Mark Henry while MVP and Show got applause. The match length was pretty good and I enjoyed the ending. Overall, I was entertained by what was going on.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 7.5

Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz [WWE United States Championship]

Easily the most underhyped match of the night. It was thrown in when the WWE decided to cancel the John Morrison/Dolph Ziggler IC title match. I think a pretty good sized portion of the crowd wasn't aware that the WWE made the change. At any rate, this was another solid, entertaining match. The fans didn't really give crap about the Miz as, as has already been mentioned in several posts, there's been no build up for this match. Neither of these two have even been shown on Raw in weeks. However, the Miz showcased his abilities nicely and the crowd was into Kofi. As there was no real build up, the WWE did the right think by having Kofi retain and this was a really good match to promote the feud.

Khali vs. Kane [Singapore Cane Match]

Angels and ministers of grace defend us. I'd almost, ALMOST, would rather see Chavo/Hornswoggle than see these two. The crowd was very much against this match with boring chants being heard all over the place. As AK mentioned, the match went on much too long for these two. Kane's chokeslam looked pretty good and him coming off with a win is really the only redeeming quality for this match.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 3.5

DX vs. Legacy [Submissions Count Anywhere]

I really enjoyed this match. Some well executed spots and the crowd was very interested in what was happening. Both teams performed quite well and went all over the place. Legacy really needed to come out on top in this match and I'm glad that the WWE did put them over. The double submission with HBK was an especially nice touch.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 9.0

Christian vs. William Regal [ECW Championship]

I have to admit that I didn't think I'd like this match going into it but I enjoyed it very much. Regal had some awesome heat, the crowd hated this guy's guts and they were very much behind Christian. Both guys showed off a great arsenel of moves, particularly William Regal. I'm glad to see the WWE doing something meaningful with him. Christian has always been an entertaining overall performer and this was just another solid match on his part. It wouldn't have bothered me to see Regal win the title, but I'm not bothered with Christian retaining.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5

John Cena vs. Randy Orton [I Quit match for the WWE Championship]

Randy Orton's psychopathic tweak to his character, for me, is kind of a nice touch. His mannerisms, the little twitching things that he does sometimes just entertain the crap out of me for some reason. I dunno why, but they just do. It worked very nicely in this match. Cena took most of the punishment in the match, which fit in very well with his promise to the fans of not saying I Quit. The interview they did backstage with Randy Orton complimented the overall feel of the match well. Cena taking and enduring most of the punishment in the match really played well for him. Both guys came out looking good, even though Orton did lose.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 9.5 - Match Of The Night

Undertaker vs. CM Punk [Submissions Match for the WHC Title]

I was a little surprised at how short this match was. At first, I was disappointed that it appeared that Taker had won the title. While I'm very much a fan of the Undertaker, he shouldn't have won here. When Teddy Long came out and restarted it, citing that the Undertaker had used a move that'd been banned on SD to win the match, I thought it was a very very nice twist. The overall purpose the WWE had for this match really wasn't to steal the show, it was to be used as a platform to really build the feud between the two over the coming weeks. The ending was controversial, giving a nice little homage to the Montreal Screwjob, and everyone involved in the match benefitted. Punk won, has a victory over a credible main eventer/legend, has even more heat than he did before and has gained momentum. The Undertaker lost, although at the same time he really didn't if you want to look at it that way. He got screwed out of the title, but he didn't tap so he remains a very strong challenger. A nice little side bonus was Teddy Long turning heel, it was unexpected and just put everything in perspective a bit. Having Taker up against CM Punk and the man in charge of SD gives Taker some real opposition that'll be difficult to overcome.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5

Overall on a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5​
[/QUOTE]

All main events aside(Orton beating the hell out of Cena then Orton blurting out "i quit" at the first chance he got and Undertaker being "screwed")...I think that Kofi vs. Miz was the best match of the night...usually when Kofi and his U.S. title are on Raw, I don't really pay attention because Kofi is getting stale to me with the U.S. title, I don't know why.

And even though there is somewhat of a storyline going around the U.S. title (Miz wanting to have a big comeback, Swagger and Carlito thrown in at times) I almost felt like I was watching a match from Smackdown because Smackdown is geared more towards wrestling rather than entertaining.
What dude? Main Events aside...
Christian vs Regal was the match of the night...
I hate the MIZ and think he's gay... His character sucks and he can't wrestle...
I'm not surprised he was trained by the same guys who trained John Cena..
I'm upset the WWE continues to try and push him.... Cut him and throw him away or use him in Squash matches...
You have great wrestlers like Chavo Guerrero or Evan Bourne playing with some bull shit leprechaun and he gets a U.S title push???
Send him back to ECW... at least he'll fit in there with all the freaks on that show...
much respect to Dustin, Shelton, Christian, Helms, Tommy, and Regal....
everybody else is just muscle or lame... either way they suck... Zack Ryder is a good wrestler but his character is horrible which might actually help him being a heel in all...
but I hate Heels who have gay characters and suck at wrestling...
at least back it up in the ring... Miz is horrible....

With that said, I think these guys should be used more....
Jimmy Yang, Davey Boy Smith, Matt Hardy, Bourne, Chavo, Primo, Carlito, Jesse etc...
because they are at talented guys who are just coasting by now because of a faction or just because they can wrestle or take up space on the card for dark matches and side shows like Superstars or just for squash matches but none are really being pushed to their potential...

but back to the main point... match of the night excluding the Main events goes to the ECW match.... hell you could argue it was match of the night including the Main Events..
I personally think it was better than the world title match and if you exclude the weapons and the drama, overall it was a better match than the WWE title match...

So I think as far as pure wrestling goes, Match of the Night: William Regal vs Christian for the ECW Title... (I kind of wish regal won because he's never had a Main Event title)
and he deserves it... and I'm an American saying this.. LOL

Oh and P:S - I would have preferred the Ziggler/Morrison match over the MIZ/Kingston match any day..
two good wrestlers are always better than one

Since my brother decided to order No Surrender, I figured I'd watch it and write a little review of it.

Sarita & Taylor Wilde vs. Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne [TNA Knockout Tag Team Championship]

Pretty decent match overall, some good action from all four Knockouts involved. Nothing spectacular really, just a solid and pretty enjoyable match. While I know it wasn't feesible, part of me just kind of hoped Angelina Love would just pop up at ringside if nothing else. Anyhow, a pretty decent opening match but nothing overly memorable. All things considered, I have no problems with Sarita & Wilde taking the straps..

Hernandez vs. Eric Young [Grudge Match]

An absolute waste of time. I really don't know what TNA is doing with this Hernandez/WE feud and I'm not sure they do either. This match was over in a matter of seconds, literally. It was a total squash that accomplished nothing for anybody involved. Just horrible, really horrible.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 0Worst Match of the Night]

Samoa Joe vs. Daniels [TNA X Division Championship]

I really enjoyed this match, I think it was easily the best match on the card. Lots of high spots and near submission spots throughout the match. High energy, both wrestlers looked good and is really the first X Division title match I've seen in a long while that made me give a damn about the title and the division itself. In all honesty, I consider this Joe's first real test since he got the title, so just maybe TNA plans to bring some credibility back to it. I won't hold my breath but, nonetheless, a really good match.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5Match Of The Night[/B]

D'Angelo Dinero vs. Suicide

I didn't really have any interest in this match. I'd seen it on Impact already with Dinero getting a clean win. It was a decent match, nothing spectacular by any stretch. Dinero comes out with another clean victory over Suicide, so I really don't know what's going on with this. Is it mostly just a random feud that's ultimately not going anywhere or is Suicide basically just being jobbed to build up Dinero?

On a scale of 1 to 10: 6.0

Cody Deaner vs. ODB [TNA Knockout Championship]

Pretty horrible, though it could have been worse. ODB won the match and I'm hoping that TNA will just drop the whole thing with Deaner and the Knockout division. Lots of bad comedy spots that weren't funny or entertaining. Basically, pretty on par for this whole feud or whatever the hell you want to call it. Only redeeming factor is that ODB won the match. Even though I'm not really a fan of her, at least a man didn't win the strap.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 2.5

Kevin Nash vs. Abyss [TNA Legends Championship]

This is another match that I didn't really have any interest in seeing, although it was better than I thought it'd be. Basically, the match turned into a brawl and people were bleeding. Lots of interference from Daffney and Stevie, predictably expected, though I was surprised with Foley just kind of slowly giving Abyss the barbwire bat. I have a feeling they intend to turn Foley heel and have some sort of hardcore feud with Abyss. Nash gets the win by tasering Abyss.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 6.0

Beer Money & Team 3D vs. The British Invastion & Scott Steiner/Booker T [Lethal Lockdown Match]

I don't really see what the point of this match was. Two of the, now, three tag titles on the TNA roster are held by teams in this match and neither one of them is on the line. But, overall, it was a pretty decent match overall. TNA did show why they have the best tag division going in my view. The double suplex from the top of the structure was a nice touch good high spot. Beer Money coming out with the win isn't too bad either as I'm a fan of them.

Bobby Lashley & Rhino

I was a little surprised by this match as Rhino came off looking like a pretty credible opponent. I'm still not a fan of the guy by any means, but I'm glad TNA didn't just punk him out to Bobby Lashley. However, the fact is that everyone knew how this match was going to end before it even took place. Lashley has been built up by TNA for months and knowing that he was going over just killed it. Also, Lashley's finisher, a knockout punch, was completely lame. I know it's a little ode to his MMA career but it's still a shitty finisher.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 5.0

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles vs. Sting vs. Matt Morgan vs. Hernandez[TNA World Heavyweight Championship]

Having Hernandez cash in his case during this match was a nice little touch, or so it seemed. Now, overall, I didn't think TNA was going to put the strap on Hernandez. However, there was that little glimmer of hope that TNA would do something quite unpredictable. That's the fan in me I guess, even though I know putting the title on Hernandez would make no sense. However, Eric Young's involvement just pissed all over it. Hernandez has established total dominance over every member of the WE so I just don't see much of a point to this. Anyhow, the match overall was good. It wasn't great but it was good. Good action from the other four involved, all the guys had good spots, all hit their finishers. I'm glad to see the title taken from Angle, I'm mostly just tired of the guy overall. Great worker, don't get me wrong, but he's consistently been in the TNA main event and world title scene almost the whole time he's been there. He'll still be in the scene, but he doesn't have the title. Having Styles take the title, I dunno. On one hand, it's nice to see a young TNA guy get the title but, on the other, Styles really hasn't looked all that strong in recent weeks. I just hope his title reign is more meaningful than Joe's. I know that lots of TNA marks have been wanting this to happen for a while. Well, now they've got it. Styles has the strap, let's see what he can do with it.

Overall, I wasn't all that thrilled with most of what was presented. There were a few solid matches, one really good one and the rest just didn't make me care about anything.

Overall on a scale of 1 to 10: 6.5​
[/QUOTE][/

Reactions: gd
Overall good showing, although I do feel that the screwjob was poorly booked what could WWE do? They were backed into a corner by their own booking and needed a way out of this with CM punk intact.

I am looking forward Cenas title reign.

So Hell in a Cell just ended...Let's take a look at this thing, and see where we might be going from here.

World Heavyweight Championship Hell in a Cell
Winner: The Undertaker
I was surprised to see the PPV kick off with one of the Cell matches, but afterwards, I'm glad they did. As for HIAC, this match was incredibly vanilla. Why was there a point made of Hell's Gate being made legal, and then not using it in the match? The Cell was not used well, only being used to throw guys into. All in all, a very underwhelming opening match.
Score out of 10: 4

Intercontinental Championship Match
Winner: John Morrison
This match stepped things up nicely. Dolph looked vicious in this match, and played his character really well. Lots of excellent moves by both guys. The big question is how many more PPV Title matches can Dolph be in control of only to lose at the end?
Score out of 10: 7

Diva's Championship Match
Winner: Mickie James
The early bathroom break for this PPV. I have no problem with Mickie on PPV, but questioned the decision to put Fox in a PPV bout. A mercifully short match. Fox looked good with the Northern Lights Suplex. Mickie's DDT wasn't beautiful, but it's been worse, so...
Score out of 10: 4

Unified Tag Team Championship Match
Winner: Jerishow
A fairly well booked PPV Tag Team bout. Good back and forth, and excellent booking of Show as a monster. The finish worked well in keeping the belts off of Batista/Mysterio, but not being too dominating by Jerishow. Both teams come out stronger from this meeting, and I think it sets up a Bragging Rights MVP/Henry vs. Batista/Mysterio match for the #1 Contendership.
Score out of 10: 7

WWE Championship Hell in a Cell Match
Winner: Randy Orton
The Cell was still a minimal component to this match, in my mind. Yes, it was used, but I don't think anything about it was decisive. If this were a No-DQ, No Countout match, it could have been booked pretty much the same way. Now, discounting the HIAC aspect, I think this match went well. Orton was, as expected, at his sadistic best. I mean, c'mon. He choked out Cena, then kicked him in the head. Great, believable finish, and without Super Cena. The new side of Cena? What, tossing the stairs into the cell is new? I DO think Cena's going to turn heel soon, though. I just got a feeling at seeing how he played off the crowd reaction, and his reaction to losing, that a heel run is imminent.
Score out of 10: 8

SmackDown! Singles Match
Winner: Drew McIntyre
If this match had been built up and not added last minute, it could have been excellent. The in-ring action was actually really good, despite the crowd not being into it at all.
Score out of 10: 6(for wrestling), 4(actual impact on the card)

Triple Threat United States Championship Match
Winner: Kofi Kingston
I've seen better Triple Threats, and I've seen worse. For actually having some buildup, this match was fairly mediocre. I didn't get too awfully excited at any point during the match, but was glad to see Kofi retain. I think Miz is the next US Champion, but he needs another month or two of buildup. Swagger doesn't deserve to be an interim champion, so I'm pleased with the end of this match.
Score out of 10: 6

Tag Team Hell in a Cell
Winners: DX
Now this was an excellent use of the Cell in the 20 foot version. Legacy looked sadistic and dominant, and the reason they lost (other than the fact that DX wasn't going down twice) was their overconfidence in their plan. Shawn sold his beatdown well, and didn't do too much once Trips pulled the save. I think this was the match of the night, and Legacy comes out of the DX program looking a hell of a lot better than when they came in.
Score out of 10: 9

So...this is when y'all get to tell me how insane I am. Enjoy!

Hell In A Cell PPV Review

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker {World Heavyweight Championship}

I was surprised that they were starting off with this match. I figured it'd possibly be the last match on the card. Oh well. This was another short one for Punk and Taker but still a pretty good match overall. The crowd was really into the match with lots of back and forth chants going out. The match probably won't be considered a classic HIAC encounter I'd say, particularly since the structure wasn't really utilized outside its use early on in the match. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending really. On one hand, this could be Taker's last championship run but, on the other hand, I can definitely see the advantage in keeping the title on Punk. The match was pretty good, not epic, but pretty good overall.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8 out of 10

John Morrison vs. Dolph Ziggler {WWE Intercontinental Championship}

Really good match between these two, very fast paced with lots of exciting offense. I don't think the crowd overall was as into this match as I expected. They got into the near falls and all, but I think the WWE still has some work to do in getting Morrison and Ziggler over. Still, I very much enjoyed the match. However, it's starting to get a little old seeing Ziggler get beaten at ppvs for the IC strap.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5 out of 10

Batista & Rey Mysterio promo

The promo overall was kinda weak, though it's nice to see Rey back. However, I can't say I'm surprised seeing as how Batista and Mysterio aren't exactly known for cutting great promos.

Mickie James vs. Alicia Fox {WWE Divas Championship}

Eh, this is a Divas match so it's a good time for a piss break. The match was pretty short and, to be honest, I think they should just keep the Divas off ppvs. Just work on the weekly shows. The match wasn't really all that bad for a Divas match, though the crowd was flat for it. Some boring chants coming in here and there, which is to be expected overall. Fox hit a beautiful Norther Lights suplex but Mickie finished the match with a sloppy DDT. I dunno, the girl needs to pick another finisher or something.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 5.5 out of 10

Chris Jericho & The Big Show vs. Batista & Rey Mysterio {Unified WWE Tag Team Championship}

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this match. I figured it'd be pretty solid, but it was better than I expected. All the competitors looked good in the match, some fun exchanges here and there and the fans were into it. I didn't really expect Batista and Mysterio to win and the fact that they didn't was the right call.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 8.5 out of 10

John Cena vs. Randy Orton {WWE Championship}

This was another pretty good match on the card. The crowd gave Orton a nice mix of boos and cheers but this was a pretty anti-Cena crowd. They shit all over the guy during this match. Some good back and forth action going on, but there's just something missing really. John Cena has been in the main event scene for so long that it's just really stale. As with Triple H, we've seen Orton/Cena off and on for a few years and the time is really coming I think to give it a rest. Orton choking Cena out was a nice touch, a bit more vicious than I was expecting. The punt that ended it, however, looked like shit as Orton missed him by a mile.

R-Truth vs. Drew McIntyre

I don't really know why the hell they put this match on the card. There hasn't really been any sort of real, significant build up for the match. McIntyre's cut a few promos and he and R-Truth had gotten into a few brawls but the crowd just wasn't into this match. Wrong time for this match, most definitely. Some boring chants broke out a few minutes into the match. Some solid work from both guys, but the crowd just wasn't into it. The match was pretty short, good thing too, but really shouldn't have even been there. McIntyre's Double arm DDT looks great.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 6 out of 10

Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger {WWE United States Championship}

Some good, hard work from all three of the guys in the match. The match was too short in my view and neither of these guys have really had as much time to be built up as they've needed. Don't get me wrong, the WWE's made some good progress in their mid-card but they've got a lot of work to do. The crowd was behind Kofi, brought a lot of excitement to it. I think Swagger has lost a lot of momentum since coming to Raw while the Miz looked pretty solid. Not great, but a good solid match.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 7 out of 10

DX vs. Legacy

Another good showing by all involved. I would've liked to seen Legacy go over, but I'm not surprised they didn't nor all that disappointed really. Lots of action all over the place but I don't think I'd have closed the show with this one. The crowd was into it, but not as much as the Taker/Punk match I think. The match had some fun moments but I don't think it equaled what the other two matches brought.

WWE Hell In A Cell PPV overall: 8 out of 10

Overall, I thought it was a good solid ppv from the WWE. It wasn't as good as SummerSlam or Breaking Point, but it was still a pretty entertaining show overall. However, there were some drawbacks. The Divas match was, for the most part, a waste of air time as was the R-Truth/Drew McIntyre showing. The Divas should be saved for television I think and there was just no real build up at all with the Truth/McIntyre match. It was a bad choice booking it for this ppv. Both those matches should've been scrapped and something for the ECW Championship thrown onto the card. I watched the Ryder/Christian match for the strap on ECW and it was damn good. At any rate, something should've been done with the ECW Championship instead of two matches that nobody really gave a shit about. For the Taker/Punk match, I'm not too sure overall. I'd have liked to see Punk retain, but I'm also glad Taker won. To be honest, Taker doesn't need the title so they either need to keep it on him for a long while after this or, if he drops it back to Punk, then Punk needs to hold onto it. There should have been blood at this ppv, simply put. I think the WWE should relax the PG attitude during ppvs, particularly when it comes to hardcore type matches. There were 3 cage matches on the card and, while all of them were pretty good, the lack of blood was noticable. A cage match without blood is like a burger without cheese.

Well its time for me to review WWE Hell in a Cell

World Heavyweight Championship Hell in a Cell
Winner: The Undertaker
This match wasn't as good as i expected its was ok at best some good counters and unique moves from Punk throughout the match though the only thing wrong with the match i'll explain later as i believe it effects the entire card.
Rating: 5 out of 10

Intercontinental Championship
Winner: John Morrison
This was a great match, match of the night in my opinion. Some great counters, fast paced high flying and great mat wrestling.
Rating: 8 out of 10

Divas Championship
Winner: Mickie James
This was a divas match but it was ok for divas match. I enjoyed the finish of it with the scisscors kick counter
Rating: 4 out of 10

Unifed Tag Team Championships
Winner: Chris Jericho and Big Show
This was a excellent tag team match i enjoyed the finish of it even though i could see it coming a mile away it was solid execution. Batista and Show did well in this and i enjoyed the Spear spot near the end
Rating: 7 out of 10

WWE Championship Hell in a Cell
Winner: Randy Orton
First of all i thought John Cena would be the one to retain here but i was wrong. It was solid match, i enjoyed the ending spot with the punt and it looked less powerful in my opinion compared to other punts.
Rating: 8 out of 10

R Truth vs Drew Mcintyre
Winner: Drew Mcintyre
An ok debut match the ending DDT looked sloppy it looked to me as if R Truth had countered it but a solid in ring debut none the less
Rating: 6 out of 10

US Championship Triple Threat
Winner: Kofi Kingston
Could of been better but it was a solid match. I liked the first false finish with Jack saving the match for himself and i enjoyed the ending with Kofi getting the pin on Miz
Rating: 7 out of 10

Tag Team Hell in a Cell
Winners: DX
Let me say i did not enjoy this match the opening with Legacy jumping DX was pretty much the highlight of it, it was a good innovative use of the cell but it fell short of what i expected mainly because of the same issue with Taker vs Punk.
Rating: 5 out of 10

Overall Show Rating: 5.5 out of 10

The Issue with it

What i feel was the main problem with the PPV was the ordering of the card. The DX vs Legacy SHOULD NOT of ENDED the PPV and Taker vs Punk SHOULD NOT of OPENED. The Tag team hell in a cell i would of placed after the tag title match, the world heavyweight match would main event to send fans home happy and the wwe title would be before the triple threat match.
IF the WWE ordered it that way it would of been a much better pay-per-view in my opinion.

I can't believe how many people liked this PPV. I thought it was plagued by atrocious booking and stupid decisions, the biggest of which started the show. First off, Punk should have won. What does giving Taker the strap for the 900th time accomplish? The WWE could have used this match to put Punk over, but no, they give it to Taker for another meaningless reign. That, and the match itself was a huge disappointment. First off, why the hell was this match on FIRST on the card? That makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever, and so far as I know, this is the first time a World Title match has started off a show. This was the one match I was looking forward to, and it they ruined it. Great.

None of the other matches were particularly exciting. The Morrison-Ziggler, Tag Title, and WWE Title matches were all pretty good, but the DX-Legacy main event was just boring from start to finish, and should not have ended the show. And what is up with Randy Orton getting the title back so quickly? How does THAT make sense?

Decent matches plagued by terrible booking and a terrible order of matches. Huge, huge disappointment of a PPV. I'd give it a 5/10, and that's being generous.

Alright, its time for another review... Hell In A Cell. Well, to be quite honest, this turned out much better than expected as they handled the three HIAC matches well in terms of content & placement on the card. Most of the matches were solid PPV material, that had something good to come out of them. The crowd were pretty quite for the most part & only reacted to the HIAC matches basically. Ohkay, let's review:

Hell In A Cell: Undertaker vs. CM Punk (WHC Title)

When I first saw that they were going to do one HIAC at the start, the middle & end, it was a good idea to break between the matches & have the fans "forget" what happened before preceeding to the next match. This was a pretty solid match from start to end & Undertaker sold the knee attacks from Punk to his leg very well. There was nothing during the match that could have made it bad. When the end hit with Taker winning the title, I thought very disappointed that Punk hasn't been given the chance to solidify himself into the Main Event. Punk should have won here.

Match Rating: 4 out of 6

Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison (IC Title)

What is there to say really? Great contest between two up&comers that elevated Dolph as a viable contender to the title & pit JoMo as a great champion. This would have been match of the night, but the crowd was dead for the most part.

Match Rating: 5 out of 6

Alicia Fox vs. Mickie James (Diva's Title)

First off, this was a better match than I expected to happen. It was short, but it was also sweet. Alicia stepped up her game to put on something watchable from her & she sold/delivered offense very well for the model who has only been on E TV for a short time. Mickie carried the match & gave a solid performance. The end DDT was a little botched, but Alicia made up for it with the implanting impact of the move. Couple this with the usual unappreciative crowd for WWE womens matches & you have yourself the filler match. Well, it wasn't the worst match of the night, I guess.

Match Rating: 3.5 out of 6

Batista & Rey Mysterio vs. Jerishow (Unified Tag Titles)

The typical Unified Tag Title match where the challengers take it to the champions, they look like they could potentially win & Big Show hits the "KnockOut Punch" to end the match. Everyone did well to perform here, nothing to complain about.

Hell In A Cell: Randy Orton vs. John Cena (WWE Title)

Apart from the IC title, this was the match of the night. Great work from start to finish. Cena & Orton have perfected their own wrestling styles with Orton as the Viper & Cena has... well... himself I guess. Every match these two will have as these characters will equal nothing short of a 4 star rating. Orton's sadistical character & menical movements made me cringe. Cena sold everything well. Again, the outcome was a swerve where Cena should have won. Or, never let Cena win at Breaking Point to win the title in HIAC at this PPV.

Match Rating: 4.5 out of 6

R-Truth vs. Drew McIntyre

The filler match that reminded me that this PPV was not Night Of Champions. Good to transition from HIAC to the US title. No crowd participation at all until sighs of relief came from Drew getting the pin.

Match Rating: 2 out of 6

The Miz vs. Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston (US Title)

Good solid midcard triple threat match for the championship where the belt holder retained from a good fight. Good spots, good work, just an overall good match that elevated everyone in that match.

Hell In A Cell: DX vs. Legacy

A tag team grudge match for the main event was a nice change & started off well in mixing up the match content considering this was the third Hell In A Cell. From the start, it just got worse as the match went on. The Legacy vs. Shawn beatdown was good, made Legacy look dominate & Shawn resilient. As soon as Triple H found out he was locked outside, it was predictable to guess that he would find boltcutters, open the cage, go HHH on their asses & lock someone on the outside with a small beatdown for the victory.

Match Rating: 3.5 out of 6

Problems With The PPV:

The PPV order was bad & some of the match outcomes were pretty stupid. The crowd didn't help either but with the PPV as a whole watching that, I can't blame them for some of their silences. Cena should have retained, but I guess that would eliminate Orton from the title picture. They should of have BP be Orton's night with Cena winning the HIAC match. Punk should of retained to help solidfy himself as a Main Event player. I am just happy Alicia didn't win the Diva's title, otherwise the whole event would have been a complete disaster.

PPV Rating: 3.5 out of 6

So basically wanted to get ur opinions on what u thought of this particular match???

Personally I think it reallÿ got across how brutal this match (hell in a cell) really is. I think that wwe did a good job to make legacy come across as a top teir stable in wrestling today.

They took it to michaels in brutal fashion and he sold it well. Of course hhh would never take that kinda beating because he is superman.

So overall I would say that even though legacy lost they really came across as the real winners of this matchup.

Feel free to give ur opinions!!

This PPV was a little hard to watch and I'm trying to be as nice as possible about this.

1.Undertaker beating Punk was predictable. It sucks seeing Punks main event status hurt, but no way was Undertaker going to lose in back to back PPVs.

2.Morrison retaining was nice but really how much longer can Dolph really chase the I.C title and not win it. This has to be hurting him now.

3.Thank God Mickie retained over Alicia Fox. Fox is way too green still and this match wasn't very exciting to watch.

4.The Unified Tag Team Championship match could've gone either way really but I'm glad Jerishow beat Batista and Rey. It would've really hurt this fragile division if Jericho and Big Show dropped it to a returning Rey and Batista after they beat some of the lesser known teams.

5.Orton winning was a surprise but he did have to win in order to stay in the title hunt since HHH and HBK are still fighting Legacy. Don't know why Cena had to hold the title for a month but this feud will now continue.

6.R Truth vs McIntyre was a filler and not a good one at that. I like Drew's finisher but the match was some back and forth but no crowd reaction for Drew after he won.

7. I really don't know how much longer I can take Kofi just surviving matches. He needs a one on one feud with either Miz or Swagger. They are looking better but one of them needs to face Kofi one on one.

8. DX vs Legacy was a nice main event change, but just way too slow and we all knew what was going to happen once HHH got locked out. It just took way too long to play out.

I give this PPV a 6 out of 10 and I may just be being nice here.

Personally, I hated this PPV. The Dolph/Morrison match was probably the highlight of the night for me. As stated the booking of the matches and the match order was a big fail on WWE's behalf.

I understand they wanted to space out the HIAC matches, but seriously, a WHC match at the beginning of the card?

Punk should have retained.
Cena should have retained.

And the DX/Legacy match was very boring and predictable.

And during the DX/Legacy match was really the only time the cell was used. WWE really messed up this PPV, really messed up the HAIC match, and I have NO IDEA why some people enjoyed this PPV.

OVERALL RATING
2.5/10

So basically wanted to get ur opinions on what u thought of this particular match???

Personally I think it reallÿ got across how brutal this match (hell in a cell) really is. I think that wwe did a good job to make legacy come across as a top teir stable in wrestling today.

They took it to michaels in brutal fashion and he sold it well. Of course hhh would never take that kinda beating because he is superman.

So overall I would say that even though legacy lost they really came across as the real winners of this matchup.

Feel free to give ur opinions!!

I really don't see how this match proved how brutal Hell in a Cell is. They locked HHH out and threw and power-bombed HBK into the Cell a few times. The HBK vs Undertaker or Undertaker vs Foley matches got across how brutal Hell in a Cell can be. Not this match, nor did the other two HIAC matches during the PPV.

I do agree that Legacy looked strong during this match and came out of this feud looking a lot better then they ever have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back