Would you be pissed? (Rape is Bad, M'kay?)

A rule to live by: Men will always be men and drunk men will always be horny. If a woman puts herself in a situation that makes her accessible to a man sexually, she made the mistake.

So basically what you are saying here is that women need to guard themselves at all times from making themselves "accessible" to men. And if they do so its their fault, and the man can do what he wishes. And why? Becuase all drunk men will always be horny? Poor men cant help themselves from throwing themselves onto women if we make ourself "accessible"? All a rapist has to show in your example is that the woman put herself into a situation where he could have sex with her, and from that point on he can do what he wishes.

To the point in question, it sounds like a very sad affair, and just goes to show that we should always take care to be in possession of our own senses or at least have full trust in those we give these to.

Reactions: X
So basically what you are saying here is that women need to guard themselves at all times from making themselves "accessible" to men. And if they do so its their fault, and the man can do what he wishes. And why? Becuase all drunk men will always be horny? Poor men cant help themselves from throwing themselves onto women if we make ourself "accessible"? All a rapist has to show in your example is that the woman put herself into a situation where he could have sex with her, and from that point on he can do what he wishes.

To the point in question, it sounds like a very sad affair, and just goes to show that we should always take care to be in possession of our own senses or at least have full trust in those we give these to.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The point i think the guy is making is women in this situation have to take some responsibility for it. I mean, if you're out alone, at 330 in the morning then you're asking for a man to come and rape you. Stop pretending women don't put themselves in the position to have this shit happen to them. They aren't at fault too much, but partly.

You're exactly right. Women that get so drunk they don't know what's going on should never have to take any responsibility for their actions because the big bad man is always at fault.

This is the kind of backwards thinking that makes older generations laugh at us. We do absolutely nothing to take responsibility for our own actions. She is a ****, end of story. You guys actually believe that this girl was forced into something? From Coco's story she doesn't seem too upset about it. It's her fault, all her fault, and all that guy did was get it hard upon request.

You're exactly right. Women that get so drunk they don't know what's going on should never have to take any responsibility for their actions because the big bad man is always at fault.

This is the kind of backwards thinking that makes older generations laugh at us. We do absolutely nothing to take responsibility for our own actions. She is a ****, end of story. You guys actually believe that this girl was forced into something? From Coco's story she doesn't seem too upset about it. It's her fault, all her fault, and all that guy did was get it hard upon request.

I fail to see FTS, how having someone else have sex with you is an action to which you have to be responsible. If she was incapicitated by drink then she didn't do anything- it was the man who initiated sex with someone unable to fend him off. Its the person who does the action who is responsible- not the person who is taken advantage of. He/she always has a choice to make and they made it and thus have to take responsibility for their actions.

Otherwise we follow such "backward thinking" as to believe that a person asks themselves to be raped by leaving themselves incapacitated. Does this then give people a right to commit such acts as long as they can find someone this incapacitated? Yes I agree with you that the person who gets this drunk has to take some responsibility- but the majority of this should fall upon the person who committed the act. As I said he/she had a choice and they made it.

I was responding to the words said by D-Man in general rather than applying it to the specific case. We are only hearing about this fifth hand and there isn't a lot of information about it anyway to make any firm judgements.

If she remembers the guy, she remembers her friends, and remembers all that OBVIOUSLY she wasn't that fucked up. Its her fault, her choice.

I fail to see FTS, how having someone else have sex with you is an action to which you have to be responsible. If she was incapicitated by drink then she didn't do anything- it was the man who initiated sex with someone unable to fend him off. Its the person who does the action who is responsible- not the person who is taken advantage of. He/she always has a choice to make and they made it and thus have to take responsibility for their actions.

Otherwise we follow such "backward thinking" as to believe that a person asks themselves to be raped by leaving themselves incapacitated. Does this then give people a right to commit such acts as long as they can find someone this incapacitated? Yes I agree with you that the person who gets this drunk has to take some responsibility- but the majority of this should fall upon the person who committed the act. As I said he/she had a choice and they made it.

I was responding to the words said by D-Man in general rather than applying it to the specific case. We are only hearing about this fifth hand and there isn't a lot of information about it anyway to make any firm judgements.

If she remembers the guy, she remembers her friends, and remembers all that OBVIOUSLY she wasn't that fucked up. Its her fault, her choice.

This is why. This is what I've been saying. She remembers everything about the night, but for some reason, suddenly became incapacitated when it was time to say no? I don't buy it. She is making an excuse and telling Monkey a lie, and it's bullshit that anyone would rush to her defense. As a matter of fact, anyone who would is either an idiot or didn't read the story.

She remembers everything about the night, so she obviously wasn't forced into anything. She was talked into it because she's either weak minded or a skank. Last time I checked, going to a bar to find easy women wasn't a crime, it was a Saturday Night.

And now, we can address the "general" situation. I think it is backward thinking to instantly blame the man. I like how alcohol is an excuse for the girl. "I'm drunk, so it's rape." She can make a bad decision and not have to face the consequences, yet, a man, who is also drunk, is responsible for the action. Yes, that is backward thinking. If women want to be seen as equals, then they need to take equal responsibilities for their actions. Your argument just goes to prove that women don't want equality, they want preferential treatment.

I'm not saying rape doesn't happen, and I'm not saying there is no such thing as date rape, but unless the girl has been drugged, passes out, or pisses herself, she is in condition to say no, and if chooses not to, then she is just as responsible as he is for their bad decision.

This is why. This is what I've been saying. She remembers everything about the night, but for some reason, suddenly became incapacitated when it was time to say no? I don't buy it. She is making an excuse and telling Monkey a lie, and it's bullshit that anyone would rush to her defense. As a matter of fact, anyone who would is either an idiot or didn't read the story.

She remembers everything about the night, so she obviously wasn't forced into anything. She was talked into it because she's either weak minded or a skank. Last time I checked, going to a bar to find easy women wasn't a crime, it was a Saturday Night.

I don't really have a responce to this- as this isn't really a responce to me. As I said in my post, I was speaking about this in the general rather than the specific. To repeat myself, we have only heard things in the fifth person and even then pretty vaugely so I don't see any point in making such firm judgements. But each to their own I suppose.

And yes going out to a bar and chatting a girl up is a vastly different premise to the one you first mentioned- that girls who get drunk should bear responsibility for getting raped. That is something I can't agree with.

I don't really have a responce to this- as this isn't really a responce to me. As I said in my post, I was speaking about this in the general rather than the specific. To repeat myself, we have only heard things in the fifth person and even then pretty vaugely so I don't see any point in making such firm judgements. But each to their own I suppose.

And yes going out to a bar and chatting a girl up is a vastly different premise to the one you first mentioned- that girls who get drunk should bear responsibility for getting raped. That is something I can't agree with.

Why? So, a guy who gets drunk and has sex with a girl who is drunk is completely at fault the next day if she regrets it and makes up a rape story? She has no responsibility for it? That is backward thinking. That's why men will never treat women as equals. You want all the good parts of life, but want to leave personal responsibility for men. That's just fucking idiotic.

Why? So, a guy who gets drunk and has sex with a girl who is drunk is completely at fault the next day if she regrets it and makes up a rape story? She has no responsibility for it? That is backward thinking. That's why men will never treat women as equals. You want all the good parts of life, but want to leave personal responsibility for men. That's just fucking idiotic.

FTS is my idol.

AMEN brotha

I dont want to sound whiney, but I want to know how you guys separate how your heart is feeling, to these emotions of not caring? Please explain this to me?

Again it is clear that you aren't reading what I wrote in my earlier responces. Its ok- I tend to repeat myself quite a bit in real life anyway :)

But yes if you look back you'll note that I said that drunk girls/guys should take some of the responsibility but if they were incapacitated or beyond rational thought that the person who was doing the actual act should bear more responsibility as it was in fact they who were faced with a choice and decided to take advantage of the relatively helpless person.

In my eyes this can happen to both sex's though you clearly identify it as something which revolves around women as part of our attempt to grab the "good parts of life". I am sorry that you feel we should never be treated as an equal. Thats something I myself consider backward thinking.

But yes I stand by my argument. If you wish to have sex with someone- make sure they are capable of making the choice. If you have any doubt- don't have sex. You won't get into trouble that way. Rape is a very serious subject and simply becuase a girl or guy gets drunk and wears attractive or revealing clothing doesn't mean that they are inviting someone to forcibly violate them.

FTS is my idol.

AMEN brotha

Cheers boys. I just want to see people take responsibility for their own actions now and again.

I dont want to sound whiney, but I want to know how you guys separate how your heart is feeling, to these emotions of not caring? Please explain this to me?

You don't separate your feelings. You separate your physical body from her proximity and then let the feelings fade. When you're with her, or around her, you think about the good times. When you spend some time away, you think about the crazy shit she did, like this example. You'll never forget her, but it's time for some new memories with someone else.

ut yes if you look back you'll note that I said that drunk girls/guys should take some of the responsibility but if they were incapacitated or beyond rational thought that the person who was doing the actual act should bear more responsibility as it was in fact they who were faced with a choice and decided to take advantage of the relatively helpless person.

Obviously she had rational thought, she remembers it. That's not like she fucking blacked out. I've been drunk, I don't care what bullshit people make up. If you remember it, you damn well are fine enough to make choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back