• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WM 29: The Rock (c) vs. John Cena [WWE Title]

I'm kinda thinking the Rock is gonna drop the title to John Cena because he'
s supposed to be starting to film the new Hercules movie soon.

Cena needs this win over The Rock and he will get it. It makes sense with the redemption storyline. Cena will look extremely weak if he loses two times in a row to the Rock. Plus if you guys seriously think Cena will lose three straight Wrestlemanias in a row, you guys are delusional. Cena needs this win. The only thing we can hope for is him cheating and turning heel in the process of beating him.

I'm with the majority and think that Cena wins. The Rock is a Hollywood star and doesn't have the time for the WWE. Moreover, why would the WWE let their biggest star loose two years in a row. Cena has to win.

For those in hope of some crazy swerve and Cena somehow being the leader of the Shield or best mates with Heyman - I really really can't see it happening. Cena has a huge fanbase dependent on him being face. Cena beats the Rock clean. Has a solid title reign until the summer setting up Cena/Rock 3.

Here's my thing with Cena winning the title at the main event of WM: Everyone is so sure it's going to happen, and 9 times out of ten, WWE will swerve that just to make you wrong. Anyone who's observed Vince's career will know that he is NEVER that open-and-shut about booking big time angles; sometimes this convolution works (Rock vs. Austin WMX7, Team Hell No, etc.) and sometimes it doesn't (Nash Text, The Nexus, etc.), but the buildup is always compelling TV.That is what gives the Rock win/Cena turn a chance.

But what throws a kink in this is the anomaly that is John Cena. Cena has always been the exception to this rule, as his constant defying of the odds made his feuds practically formulaic. Everything involving Cena is open-and-shut: The Nexus, The AJ angle, The Batista Heel Turn, The attempt to make Cena/Randy the new Rock/Austin, and most recently the end (for now) of the Cena/Punk series with his recent one. The only person/feud who managed to elude this was The Rock, and it looks like they are about to shut this case closed with a Cena title win.

So personally, it's up in the air for me. While I would understand a Cena win, he'd be booed out of the building regardless, so I'm begging for this turn. I know this has been said hundreds of times, but if there ever were a time to do it, it'd be now.

If John Cena wants to win then he will win. That's how things are done up here in Stamford. John Cena and his World Domination Tour 2013 are gearing up and all will behold his indefinite run as WWE Champion, and there's simply nothing you can do about it.

Here's what happens;

Cena beats The Rock in a clean, and epic match, which is followed by an epic display on man love. The celebration is cut short by Dolph Ziggler and his entourage fresh off a not so clean win over Y2Jobber to cash in the M.O.B.

Big E takes out Cena, but The Rock comes back and hits E with the Rock Bottom. He's about to go for the People's Elbow, when A.J. gets in his face, and is met with a Rock Bottom to the biggest pop of the night.

However, in mele, Dolph hits a...whataver it is that Dolph does, but before Dolph can pin him, out comes Y2J with the Codebreaker on Dolph, and Cena finishes him with an attitude ajustment. Happy crowd. More man love.

The End

The next night, Big E turns on Dolph, starting an HBK/Diesal style feud. A.J. joins E, females rarely stay with faces for any length of time in WWE.

Here's what happens;

Cena beats The Rock in a clean, and epic match, which is followed by an epic display on man love. The celebration is cut short by Dolph Ziggler and his entourage fresh off a not so clean win over Y2Jobber to cash in the M.O.B.

Big E takes out Cena, but The Rock comes back and hits E with the Rock Bottom. He's about to go for the People's Elbow, when A.J. gets in his face, and is met with a Rock Bottom to the biggest pop of the night.

However, in mele, Dolph hits a...whataver it is that Dolph does, but before Dolph can pin him, out comes Y2J with the Codebreaker on Dolph, and Cena finishes him with an attitude ajustment. Happy crowd. More man love.

The End

The next night, Big E turns on Dolph, starting an HBK/Diesal style feud. A.J. joins E, females rarely stay with faces for any length of time in WWE.

That's great in all but Ziggler's briefcase is for the World Heavywieght Championship and not the WWE Title.

If you're going to turn Cena it has to make sense. Don't do a swerve for the sake of a swerve. That shit is played and always ends horribly.

You know why Hogan turning worked? Because Hogan was the WWF for many years. It made sense that he was the third guy to join the two Outsiders from the WWF. He even explains it in his promo right after his turn.

Cena joining Heyman? Why? What would prompt Heyman to join Cena after backing Punk and Lesnar as his guys? It makes no sense.

Why would Cena use The Shield after they have basically tried to eliminate what they call "The John Cena problem"? The Shield is a brotherhood. They don't need a leader.

Cena's storyline is that of redemption. He hasn't held the WWE Championship since mid 2011. Nearly 2 years. He's had some highs but many lows as well with losing to The Rock as probably the biggest since he was so confident that he would beat Rock at WM. Cena wins the Royal Rumble, finally overcomes Punk, and at Wrestlemania, if Cena wins, will overcome the loss to The Rock last year and will be WWE Champion.

Again, it comes down to revenue. Love him or hate him, Cena remains one of the WWEs top revenue generators as far as merchandizing goes. Due to his younger face loving fan base, if he were to turn heel he wouldn't win over his haters overnight. However, he could risk losing many of his fans overnight, and with it, there merchandise dollars.

If you're going to turn Cena it has to make sense. Don't do a swerve for the sake of a swerve. That shit is played and always ends horribly.

You know why Hogan turning worked? Because Hogan was the WWF for many years. It made sense that he was the third guy to join the two Outsiders from the WWF. He even explains it in his promo right after his turn.

Cena joining Heyman? Why? What would prompt Heyman to join Cena after backing Punk and Lesnar as his guys? It makes no sense.

Why would Cena use The Shield after they have basically tried to eliminate what they call "The John Cena problem"? The Shield is a brotherhood. They don't need a leader.

Cena's storyline is that of redemption. He hasn't held the WWE Championship since mid 2011. Nearly 2 years. He's had some highs but many lows as well with losing to The Rock as probably the biggest since he was so confident that he would beat Rock at WM. Cena wins the Royal Rumble, finally overcomes Punk, and at Wrestlemania, if Cena wins, will overcome the loss to The Rock last year and will be WWE Champion.

Well, from Heymans perspective, let's imagine a situation where both his guys lose at WM, coupled with the fact that CM Punk has already lost the WWE title, coupled with the fact that he also lost the Rematch, it would make *perfect* sense for Heyman to lose faith in CM Punk (maybe not Brock Lesnar, after all, he's already beaten HHH) and back a winner. Foley unitentionally foreshadowed this last year, ''Paul Heyman is going to do what is best for Paul Heyman, not CM Punk''

Also, didn't you know that Paul Heyman is a John Cena guy? http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26571349/paul-heyman-why-vince-mcmahon-loves-john-cena

The major problem I have with Rock vs. Cena II: Twice in a lifetime is not the actual match itself, it's the outcome. Every single person on God's Green Earth that follows wrestling knows that Cena is going to win that match. So, you have a VERY predictable main event.

There is absolutely a "whats the point factor" with this match, Not only has it been done before but the winner is already pretty much set in stone. WWE needs a big WrestleMania moment and unless they pull a huge twist, they won't get one in the main event. I think they believe The Rock putting over Cena is big enough, however Cena has been the face for so long that even a win over The Rock couldn't elevate him any further, he hit a ceiling along time ago and can't break through it.

In my opinion I think this is the perfect time for the mythical Cena Heel turn. Just because the winners predictable doesn't mean the outcome has to be. I'd like to see The Shield hit the ring while the refs out. Cena and Rock look as if they're going to fend off The Shield together, but Cena turns around looks The Rock dead in the eyes, and leads the beat down revealing himself as the man behind the shield the whole time. He orders them to preform the team powerbomb, hits the AA and The Shield throws the ref back in the ring to make the three count.

This would work for the WWE on so many levels. It creates a huge and instant classic "WrestleMania moment", It adds a huge twist to an obviously predicable match, and it would be create tactic to avoid any kind of WrestleMania hangover. There are so many angles that can come out of Cena operating The Sheild that it would be hard to mess up

^ nah Cena being behind the Shield would be pretty stupid, especially after The Shield have not only fought Cena on the last PPV but also openly spoke about the "John Cena problem"

as someone else said, the Shield are a brotherhood. Being led by Cena would certainly be quite a twist, but IMO silly

**if anything I'd like to see The Shield possibly add another member (Big E?) rather than being revealed that John Cena is their leader.

I hope Cena botches an AA at Mania and paralyzes Dwayne... I really do. All that aside, Cena should definitely walk out of WM with the title. If anything, have his first defense be against Jericho in Jericho's final PPV appearance (until Y2J decides to return). At least then I know that Jericho will be out there promoting the WWE even if he's on tour or hosting a reality show.

I don't see this match even being entertaining in the least. Dwayne is so annoying that anything he does, I lose interest.

As much as it sucks that Rock isn't appearing regularly on WWE TV in the build up to Wrestlemania

Cena's promos are still absolutely cringe worthy .. and tonight is no different

"If I lose I'll carry the legacy of Donovan McNabb" .. haha seriously?

"You didn't beat me, I beat me" hahaha creative

and his whole Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson doesn't know about failure. What kinda cr*p is that? even if Rock didn't bring up his example from 23 years old and being broke

Didn't Rock fail horribly at trying to break into the NFL because of injuries and what not.That's failure right there. This dummy Cena doesn't even know WTF he's talking about to say something that dumb (Rock doesn't know about failure) in the first place

I've never seen a supposed #1 star suck this bad at promos .. it's literally embarrassing and cringe worthy.

I'd like to support Cena even 5% but his promos are just downright dreadful

Cena really needs to go away for a while too. He has to repackage. His stuff appeals to the 4 year olds and its tiring to us adults that watch the product. Cena vs Rock is obviously going to go to Super-Cena. Rock will go on to Extreme Rules, and lose to Cena again. Then Cena will go on to (hopefully) lose the title to a heel Viper.

Edit: In other news this part time champion stuff is really making the title meaningless. The Rock is undoing all the work CM Punk put into making that title mean something.

I have never wanted to see Cena win more in my life then in this feud with Rock, while Cena takes every chance he can to take the high road, & to show respect for his opponent, Rock has come off as just an unbearable jackass, & really nothing mroe than a fucking bully, he has given me zero reason to cheer for him & every reason to cheer for Cena. It's strange how things have shifted over the years, I once couldn't stand Cena, & now find myself wanting to see him walk out of WM29 with the belt around his waist, & meanwhile the guy who is one of the major reasons why I started watching wrestling regularly in the first place has now become something I absolutely hate, I want nothing more than for him to shut the fuck up, & go back to movie land.

I have never wanted to see Cena win more in my life then in this feud with Rock, while Cena takes every chance he can to take the high road, & to show respect for his opponent, Rock has come off as just an unbearable jackass, & really nothing mroe than a fucking bully, he has given me zero reason to cheer for him & every reason to cheer for Cena. It's strange how things have shifted over the years, I once couldn't stand Cena, & now find myself wanting to see him walk out of WM29 with the belt around his waist, & meanwhile the guy who is one of the major reasons why I started watching wrestling regularly in the first place has now become something I absolutely hate, I want nothing more than for him to shut the fuck up, & go back to movie land.

Yeah, how dare The Rock talk to John Cena as if they're about to get into a fight! Why, if anything, he and John should be ******ing each other verbally. Cupping each others metaphorical genitalia in gently cupped palms of respect and good tidings. By no means should they treat this as if it were some sort of athletic contest-- no, no! This is a friendly exhibition, with no titles on the line. The Rock should go back to Hollywood immediately! Back to where not everybody gets a participation ribbon, to where a character is allowed to be multi-faceted, and to where being on a cereal box is only cool if you play for the Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Dodgers, or Angels.

Really enjoyed the legends debate. I thought all the legends kept their parts to the appropriate level and asked simple questions that allowed both men to deliver deeper or at least more telling answers. They covered a lot of stuff I wanted to hear about. I liked the part where Cena points out how he beat himself last year and liked how they covered the fact that they do respect each other. I liked hearing and seeing Cena more frustrated throughout and seeing him get utterly embarassed at the end. Unfortunately it is putting more thoughts in my head that he is turning heel and I've been used and abused by that thought over and over again in my life that no plastic surgeon can pull my asshole back to it's original shape and circumference.

Last year Cena beat himself but this year he has to take the big one like a man.

Really enjoyed the legends debate. I thought all the legends kept their parts to the appropriate level and asked simple questions that allowed both men to deliver deeper or at least more telling answers. They covered a lot of stuff I wanted to hear about. I liked the part where Cena points out how he beat himself last year and liked how they covered the fact that they do respect each other. I liked hearing and seeing Cena more frustrated throughout and seeing him get utterly embarassed at the end. Unfortunately it is putting more thoughts in my head that he is turning heel and I've been used and abused by that thought over and over again in my life that no plastic surgeon can pull my asshole back to it's original shape and circumference.

Last year Cena beat himself but this year he has to take the big one like a man.

This is starting to feel like the Rock/Austin WM 17 build. Cena like Austin is being shown as needing and willing to do whatever has to be done to win. While their circumstances are different (Cena and Austin) they both seem to be on the same course build wise. We all know what happened between Rock and Austin at WM 17. Does this mean were in store for the same out of Cena? I doubt it, but I like that the WWE is leaving that door open so if they go down that route it will work storyline wise.

I highly doubt that you were such a Rock fan like you claim to have been, because if you were you wouldn't be so repulsed by Rock being a dick, which he has been ever since he ditched Rocky Maivia. Hell, my biggest complaint is that he hasn't been enough of a dick to people. When has the Rock ever come off as nice? Old Attitude Era Nation of Domination Rock would have tore Cena a new asshole by now...

Still up the air, which is a good thing that they have created some doubt....since storyline wise, there is no reason Cena shouldnt win. Should be better than last time, and I am excited to possibly see the WWE title on tv more than once every three weeks.

I highly doubt that you were such a Rock fan like you claim to have been, because if you were you wouldn't be so repulsed by Rock being a dick, which he has been ever since he ditched Rocky Maivia. Hell, my biggest complaint is that he hasn't been enough of a dick to people. When has the Rock ever come off as nice? Old Attitude Era Nation of Domination Rock would have tore Cena a new asshole by now...

So true. Even during his big face run from mid 99 till he turned Hollywood at the very end he was still the same. The only difference was he wouldn't put the fans down anymore. He was constantly roasting anyone brave enough to interview him as well as his face opponents. He was tag partners with Mankind and while they would work together Rock would never hesitate to make fun of him either.

I fail to see the logic behind a Cena heel-turn here. It's almost like, if they go through with it, the WWE is giving into the fans (especially the NY/NJ crowd) by acknowledging that the only way they can have John Cena leave East Rutherford with a satisfied fan base is by having him hypocritically turn his back on everything he's built himself up as and, in the process, destroying his character. Not to mention the fact that, outside of Cena, the WWE has ZERO babyface wrestlers that can carry the torch the way Cena can. Furthermore, the WWE needs Cena's triumph to be on the biggest stage. He's their #1 guy. Why waste his re-ascension for Extreme Rules? And why ruin the possibility of a rubber match for next year? Seriously, the teasing of a heel-turn is a fun wrinkle for the storyline, but realistically it just makes no sense.

I loved the panel on Monday night and am looking forward to the last piece of icing on the cake coming this Monday. I think I'm more excited to see Cena re-affirm himself as top-dog, thus making sense out of everything the Rock has done over the past month. We're supposed to be rooting for Cena here, especially now that he's an underdog for the first time in maybe a decade.

And all Rock hatred needs to end. He is putting eyes on the product, like it or not. Last year's Wrestlemania doesn't make nearly as much money or get nearly as much viewers without him. I'm so tired of this bitching and moaning towards him and his movie star, part-time status. Look at it this way: I usually have friends over for Mania. Last year, I had the most people in my place for Mania since I started the tradition. Why did these less-than-casual fans spend their Sunday night cramped in my living room? Because the Rock was back and shit was interesting again. Isn't that the long-term idea? Everyone complains that WWE is way too short-term gain invested. Shit, I think The Rock satisfies both ends of that spectrum. Short term PPV buys and potential long-term viewing by guys who watch Raw now BECAUSE they tuned in to see The Rock and decided that they were interested in some of the other guys they'd never seen or heard of.

Back to the match: Expect a crisper, more cohesive contest. I firmly believe we're going to run the gamut this year between multiple finishers, submission maneuvers, and stolen finishers before all is said and done.

Back to the match: Expect a crisper, more cohesive contest. I firmly believe we're going to run the gamut this year between multiple finishers, submission maneuvers, and stolen finishers before all is said and done.

I was seriously just thinking wouldnt it be cool if the rock hit an AA. I don't really understand this though. I liked it back in the day when finishers finished matches. People would desperately fight out of them because they knew if it was hit they were done.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I fail to see the logic behind a Cena heel-turn here. It's almost like, if they go through with it, the WWE is giving into the fans (especially the NY/NJ crowd) by acknowledging that the only way they can have John Cena leave East Rutherford with a satisfied fan base is by having him hypocritically turn his back on everything he's built himself up as and, in the process, destroying his character. Not to mention the fact that, outside of Cena, the WWE has ZERO babyface wrestlers that can carry the torch the way Cena can. Furthermore, the WWE needs Cena's triumph to be on the biggest stage. He's their #1 guy. Why waste his re-ascension for Extreme Rules? And why ruin the possibility of a rubber match for next year? Seriously, the teasing of a heel-turn is a fun wrinkle for the storyline, but realistically it just makes no sense.

Really? Even those who are against it generally agree that the story behind the heel turn practically writes itself, the only problem is he could get wildly cheered by the NYC crowd if he heels it up to win. I will say that the foreshadowing of a heel turn was interesting to watch, but also hilarious, because it isn't happening, and just make's Cena look like the bitchiest face of all time.

We're supposed to be rooting for Cena here, especially now that he's an underdog for the first time in maybe a decade.

We were supposed to be rooting for Cena in every feud that he's had for the past 8 years, but things didn't work out like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back