• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WM 29: The Rock (c) vs. John Cena [WWE Title]

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
20130218_WM30_Match_Rock_Cena_HOMEPAGE_EP_LIGHT.jpg

Less than a month after winning the Royal Rumble Match and announcing his intention of challenging for the WWE Title at WrestleMania 29, John Cena found out who his championship opposition will be on The Grandest Stage of Them All: The Rock.

The Great One upended CM Punk at Elimination Chamber, the last pay-per-view before The Show of Shows, to retain the cherished WWE Championship and solidify his place in WrestleMania’s main event.

In The Brahma Bull, Cena will be facing a foe who helped set in motion the tailspin of a year that was 2012.

A 10-time former WWE Champion, the Cenation leader has not held the title since October 2011, and the disappointment of his drought was exacerbated last year by his high-profile loss to The Great One at WrestleMania XXVIII. The devastating loss bookended one of Cena’s toughest calendar years, to date. A series of distractions, from dealing with former General Manager John Laurinaitis to falling into an ill-fated romance with AJ Lee, kept Cena away from the WWE Title picture for much of the year. And even once he found himself in title contention, he was unable to pry the WWE Title from Punk, making 2012 a largely unproductive year for one of the most decorated competitors in WWE history.

Fortunately for the Cenation leader, 2013 appears to be off to a markedly better start, thanks to his huge win at Royal Rumble. The larger question facing Cena is whether he will be able to keep the momentum going all the way to April 7, when he faces the Superstar who dealt him one of the biggest losses of his career.

The Rock has shown no signs of ring rust since returning to WWE and winning the WWE Title in January. In fact, The Great One overcame great obstacles — including The Shield and The Second City Saint’s underhanded tactics — en route to dethroning Punk and subsequently turning back his challenge in a rematch.

With The Rock and Cena informed by their epic encounter last year in Miami, both competitors will assuredly come to MetLife Stadium with a more sharpened focus than ever before. Cena is out to avenge last year’s WrestleMania loss to The Great One. The Rock, on the other hand, appears intent on keeping the championship he waited more than a decade to reclaim — the title that represents the sport that not only propelled him to success on the silver screen, but also captured his heart and mind at a young age.

Now, all that separates The Rock and John Cena is time. On April 7, under the brightest lights that sports-entertainment has to offer, who will leave will the top prize: The Rock or John Cena?

After months of speculation and rumors, and after last night's Royal Rumble result, it appears that the WWE is, in fact, shifting into the direction of The Rock vs John Cena for the WWE championship in the main event of Wrestlemania 29.

Sure, last year was supposedly Once in a Lifetime. Yes, the Rock isn't even a full-time superstar. Yet, he still captured the WWE title; ending CM Punk's historic reign as champion. But it looks like the WWE wants a duplicated (or exceeded) payout from last year and put the WWE strap on the line to sweeten the deal a bit.

I'm going to Wrestlemania this year. I paid over $400 for a seat just outside of the ringside grouping of seats at Metlife stadium just to see a repeated main event from last year. Needless to say, I'm quite disappointed. John Cena isn't my favorite superstar and I think that his failures of 2012 were just what the doctor has ordered but he's still not someone that makes me excited to attend the biggest PPV of the year. Sure, I get it... the WWE wants to make money. And they probably will make a shitload of it. But to this longtime fan, I'll be bored to tears unless they find a way to spice this thing up, come Wrestlemania time.

Once again, this is a RUMORED match. But we can discuss it, anyway. Keep it all in here.

I'm with you D-Man. I don't have any interest in seeing this match again. Last year it was awesome (even though the wrong guy won) but I've never been big on WrestleMania rematches. It's just not as interesting the second time around. I have no problem with a predictable outcome but they may as well just come out and say it's Cena's turn to win. There are plenty of other things that could have been done to make WM29 an awesome one. They could have easily made great stories out of Cena vs. Taker and Rock vs. Lesnar. This rematch is just not necessary.

Do I REALLY want to see Rock VS Cena II? Personally, no. No, I don't. I'm not against the match happening, and Cena winning the Royal Rumble didn't send me into a temper tantrum. But I just don't have a desire to see these two go at it again.

Rock winning last year was a complete shock. You could tell by the crowd's reaction, and Rock winning put a smile on my face, because his victory probably irritated the more arrogant Cena fans, who labeled The Rock as a piece of shit.

But the WWE title will be on the line this time. The ending to the match will be a forgone conclusion. It'll be a redemption match for Cena, because I honestly can't picture a scenario, where Rock goes past Wrestlemania as WWE Champion. There's no point in Rock retaining the title at Mania, and Cena will recover from losing "the biggest match in his life" by winning the title from the man, who beat him one year ago.

It's not a jaw-dropping surprise, but I'll keep my hopes up for a good rematch between these two. And unless WWE plans on putting Lesnar against Taker this year, you can count on Rock/Cena II main eventing Wrestlemania 29.

I saw it last year. That match had a years worth of hype and the pay-off wasn't really worth it. And added title to this match doesn't increase my interest in a rematch, in fact it probably means I'm less interested. Cena winning the title means nothing anymore, even if he hasn't held it for 18 months.

However I'm sure both will rise to the occasion and surpass last years match. It wouldn't really be hard to. Especially if they add a gimmick to the match, a simple no D.Q. or something.

The major problem I have with Rock vs. Cena II: Twice in a lifetime is not the actual match itself, it's the outcome. Every single person on God's Green Earth that follows wrestling knows that Cena is going to win that match. So, you have a VERY predictable main event. Couple that with Undertaker's match where we all know the outcome by now, and you've got your top two main events with predictable outcomes. There's nothing they can do in the buildup or with stipulations or whatever to make me believe The Rock will retain the title at Wrestlemania (unless Rock announces that he's appearing at more PPVs after WM, even then, I doubt he'll retain the title at WM).

I'm kind of with D-Man but I'm not spending that kind of money for the event. The build up last year fell flat to me. The match was good but not great until the shocking finish. Why do it all again?

Still though, to put things in perspective it is still WM. I hope no one is just paying for one main event. There is more than the main event to get excited about (maybe Regis Philbin will be there). We also don't know about the build up. WWE (we hope) can't go the same route/feud toward the event. I don't think throwing Punk in helps matters much but it is a simple example of a way to make things different. Or WWE could go huge and make this time to slowly cave to the pressure and go heel (alright probably not).

I think if I spent $400 for a ticket I would be more upset that all of the sudden I wasn't going to get to see Eve live than have to watch a match between two of the greatest icons in the business.

I agree with GSB in that I thought the build up fell flat last year. IMO the match itself wasn't great, but the end did shock me. As a long time Rock fan I was glad he got the win even though he shouldn't have. There is no doubt in any wrestling fan's mind that if the go again this year for the title that Cena will get his redemption here. I hope they go a different route with the build this year, and wouldn't mind if Punk was somehow inserted in the match. It may make it a little less predictable. I get that they want to make money, but I would have rather saw this rematch at Summerslam if indeed a rematch was necessary.

The only thing they can do to make me really, really interested in the match and the hype is if John Cena turns heel. Rock as champ vs. a heel cena? Why can't Vince see that THAT is where the money is. Sure, we'd still know that Cena would win but at least the build up would be interesting.

This isn't the main event I wanted to see. I saw it last year, it was fine for what it was but I really have no desire to see it again (I didn't have much desire to see it the first time either but I digress). I appreciate the fact that it will make a shit ton of money but it's just not my ideal match for either guy. Even though its not set in stone I don't see the WWE going in any other direction at this point and its easy to figure out the match right now: Match quality is the same but is a little less extraordinary because its a similar match but this time Cena wins and leaves WM as champion. The Rock takes a long hiatus from the company and maybe has 1 or 2 matches left before he's done for good.

There's no question the match will sell, I'm not denying that. The match will probably be good as well but then again Sheamus vs. Del Rio had good matches too, doesn't mean they were intriguing in the least.

I'm hoping the rest of the card has more intrigue as this match isn't gonna make me shell out $60.

I suppose it will happen. Various sources have claimed that WWE has been pushing dor this match, WWE won't take the championship off The Rock at Elemination Chamber, (why would they take it off him in his first title defence? It would be a pointless reign and it may bother a lot of fans) and Cena won't use the Rumble win for amother championship, I doubt Vince will degrade him to another championship, Cena's WWE's biggest draw, I don't see it happening.

As far as CM Punk is concerned, I think he'll be involved. For his rematch clause, to carry on his beef with Cena which hasn't even ended properly and also, if he isn't in this match, It will kill his momentum as he would be put down after a dominant run with the title, plus he wouldn't have anybody to face unless he's places in a quick, stale feud.

So yes, I agree with The Rock and Cena rumours, but I believe That CM Punk will be involved somehow.

The thing is, people seem to be overwhelmingly critical of seeing a re-match between these two gentlemen, simply because they've seen it before and don't want to see it again. The thing is, though, is the event is over two months away, and there's really no way to know for sure exactly how they plan to proceed down the road to Wrestlemania and what they are going to do once they get there. Before people blast this angle as being the wrong choice and deem it a failure before it even starts, why not at least let it get started and see if it ultimately will disappoint, or instead, may actually be a surprisingly good and eventful climax.

There are a number of ways they could take the program between Cena and the Rock. And sure, one of those ways could be an uber-predictable rehash of the same old same old, at which point, I'll be complaining as loudly as all of the other critics. But who knows how efficiently they'll build it. What stipulations may there be? What other significant events could be on the card to offset the significance of this match. Could the WWE finally have the balls to do the unthinkable in this rematch?

Truth be told, it may all ultimately end up in disappointment, but why not at least let the story begin, before labeling it as a disappointment before it even gets out of the starting gate?

I expect the actually match to be better than last years match as the hype last was too big and i expect some stipulation to be added no DQ probably.

Its the build i'm more worried about there not going to turn one of them heel. So what can they do differently than last year. I enjoyed last years build but they can't do the same thing again that would really suck the life out of the match but i just don't see wwe doing anything different expect the finale outcome.

Overall not disappointed in the match just worried about the build to it.

The biggest complaint I have about this match isn't necessarily the match itself... I think it's just fine as a Mania main event... It's the fact that the Rock and John Cena have both been absolutely terrible on the microphone as of late... I really feel like The Rock burnt out all of his fresh material on John Cena around this time last year, and there's not much he can say to entertain. Cena cut the worst promo I've heard out of him last week...

Match wise last year was nothing special, but it was at least interesting seeing Rock back on the main stage of Wrestlemania, so that sold it for me. It's going to take a lot more than adding a World title to the mix to make this feel special. That being said one thing they could do to sell it for a lot of people would be to make it a three-way dance between Cena/Rock/Punk.

I know a lot of people are shitting on that idea for any number of reasons; mainly because people want to see Punk challenge for the streak... As much as I'd like to see that match, I really think Punk deserves to main event a Wrestlemania.

If we do get stuck with Rock/Cena II headlining I really hope they throw together a good undercard and co-main event for the people who don't give a shit to see it a second time.

I'm gonna tell you right now, if this match happens, Cena will be hated more than ever. I was there at WM28, and even though it was Rock's hometown, let me tell you that there would have been riots if Cena won, I mean like ECW style flood the ring with trash and have a couple fans hop the barricade style riot. And NY/NJ area is generally a hotter crowd area than Miami (granted, Miami was hot, but that was like one time, they were never that heated before), and I'm pretty sure they would back Rock over Cena any day. If, or rather when, they give Cena his revenge to close the show, Cena's just gonna get booed and jeered even worse than he did when he tapped out HBK.

And God forbid they throw Punk in for the Triple Threat and have Cena still win. With both the casual crowd in the Rock's favor and the IWC/smark crowd split between Rock and Punk but heavy against Cena, he'll see some real backlash if he wins. I feel bad for him too, I really feel he got the raw end of the deal here.

Rock vs Cena..... if there are any true fans of wrestling you would know its so predictable and can be called down the line like nothing. Honestly I feel fo you D-Man thats alot for those seats and I thought it was alot paying 50$ for the rumble when it was a bust. The thought of the rock and the thought of cena just annoy the piss out of me period. Dont get me wrong cena is a great person and he does do alot for the WWE and the Rock was a better wrestler THEN but is a better actor NOW. If only it was about the fans and about what the people want to see! I can honestly say a better match would be Goldust vs Cody Rhodes!

It should have been simple:

If Rock won last night as he did then you have the rematch at Mania. Punk gets the huge win on the biggest stage. He is now a true top guy, and WWE has a guy that can now main event more often than not instead of trying to shoehorn Cena in there.

Then you have Cena v. Lesnar II had it been done correctly last year, this would be a good rematch.

Then you have Cena and Punk feud.

Unbelievably disgusting to be honest. "Once in a lifetime" is what it should be. There was no Rock vs Hogan 2. Just leave it alone. Adding a measily belt to it does nothing, and like many said here already, it's a waste since the outcome is 100% going to Cena. I don't get how the WWF doesn't have ears to the street, because I highly doubt any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this. :let_it_all_out:

Unbelievably disgusting to be honest. "Once in a lifetime" is what it should be.
So more of the morons on here can cry about how The Rock never puts anyone over? There's no way in hell The Rock would've won last year if they didn't have a rematch in mind planned for this year. There's nothing wrong with having a rematch. It was a great match and adding the WWE Championship to the picture will make it bigger than last year's match.
There was no Rock vs Hogan 2.
Lolololololololololololololol. No Way Out 2003, their rematch. Complete shit, but their rematch.
Just leave it alone. Adding a measily belt to it does nothing, and like many said here already, it's a waste since the outcome is 100% going to Cena.
No, it'd be more of a waste if Cena wasn't going to come out on top to complete his journey of recapturing what he hasn't held in over a year's time, the WWE Championship.
I don't get how the WWF doesn't have ears to the street, because I highly doubt any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this. :let_it_all_out:
Crack*

That was me stepping on that awful theory. I want to see the match. I'm one person. Therefore, you're wrong.

This is the best possible main event WWE has. What other wrestler should match up with Rocky in the main event?

No, CM Punk isn't on that level. You should be happy he even had a match with Rocky.

I'm not a Cena fan, but he obviously needs to beat Rock at Mania. That's what's going to happen, that's more than likely been the plan all along. It made sense for Rocky to win the first match... if Cena was going to avenge the loss a year later :shrug:

Predictable outcomes don't have to be shit. I know in today's world of instant gratification and nearly non existent attention spans this isn't ideal, but it's the best possible avenue, given WWE's lack of quality, big name stars outside of Cena.

So more of the morons on here can cry about how The Rock never puts anyone over? There's no way in hell The Rock would've won last year if they didn't have a rematch in mind planned for this year. There's nothing wrong with having a rematch. It was a great match and adding the WWE Championship to the picture will make it bigger than last year's match.

Lolololololololololololololol. No Way Out 2003, their rematch. Complete shit, but their rematch.

No, it'd be more of a waste if Cena wasn't going to come out on top to complete his journey of recapturing what he hasn't held in over a year's time, the WWE Championship.

Crack*

That was me stepping on that awful theory. I want to see the match. I'm one person. Therefore, you're wrong.

Not sure how my first response was deleted as I didn't insult you, but your post is laughable. Why you are so offended is beyond me. You need to take something to relax chief lol.

I meant no Rock vs Hogan 2 at WM btw..didn't think I needed to spell it out.

I can care less about Cena's destiny as you do...I'm not a PG fan...I'm from the old school unlike you, and this match would suck ass end of story.

Not sure how my first response was deleted as I didn't insult you, but your post is laughable.
Don't worry. I read it. Spam. Shit post.
Why you are so offended is beyond me. You need to take something to relax chief lol.
Do I sound offended? What's there to be offended about? It's the fucking internet. It's fucking wrestling.
I meant no Rock vs Hogan 2 at WM btw..didn't think I needed to spell it out.
No, you didn't say that; you said Rock/Hogan 2. There was obviously a rematch. It doesn't matter what pay-per-view you're talking about, you would've bitched and moaned had Cena/Rock taken place at Summerslam.
I can care less about Cena's destiny as you do
Where did you get the impression that I'm in love with Cena and his destiny? Yeah, I like Cena, but I'm not worshiping his scientific wrestling ability either. I care for the match and the build up these two will do over the next two months.
...I'm not a PG fan...
Which fucking begs the question why are you watching something you don't like? How do you even know The Rock won on Sunday? Or who's facing who at Wrestlemania? Why are you here, on the forums, in 2013, where WWE is completely PG? Now that's laughable.
I'm from the old school unlike you, and this match would suck ass end of story.
Lol.

Yeah, you're right. Rock and John Cena aren't two of the biggest names in Wrestling or anything. I'm betting ratings won't go up between now and Wrestlemania due to this match's build up. I'm betting pay-per-view buy rates won't be through the roof. The crowd will most likely remain silent. They will not give a shit about these two because as you said earlier (when you abused the living shit out of the English language),
because I highly doubt any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this.
:rolleyes:

Don't worry. I read it. Spam. Shit post.

Do I sound offended? What's there to be offended about? It's the fucking internet. It's fucking wrestling.

No, you didn't say that; you said Rock/Hogan 2. There was obviously a rematch. It doesn't matter what pay-per-view you're talking about, you would've bitched and moaned had Cena/Rock taken place at Summerslam.

Where did you get the impression that I'm in love with Cena and his destiny? Yeah, I like Cena, but I'm not worshiping his scientific wrestling ability either. I care for the match and the build up these two will do over the next two months.

Which fucking begs the question why are you watching something you don't like? How do you even know The Rock won on Sunday? Or who's facing who at Wrestlemania? Why are you here, on the forums, in 2013, where WWE is completely PG? Now that's laughable.

Lol.

Yeah, you're right. Rock and John Cena aren't two of the biggest names in Wrestling or anything. I'm betting ratings won't go up between now and Wrestlemania due to this match's build up. I'm betting pay-per-view buy rates won't be through the roof. The crowd will most likely remain silent. They will not give a shit about these two because as you said earlier (when you abused the living shit out of the English language),
:rolleyes:

:lmao: Abused the English language??? How the hell? Also, how the hell was that response spam? Hardly. I am watching now because after 10 years of not watching, I decided to check out what was left of the careers of the Rock, Austin, HHH, Taker, Brock, Nash etc before they are gone for good. With these guys the PG shit really doesn't effect them.

You are way too much of a child to actually be responding to. You're 20? And your avatar is fitting for your character. You're crying like a baby, and freaking the hell out because I said nobody wants to see that match...well besides you.

I'm getting the impression you're in love with Cena because you're flipping out, and admittedly like him...so common sense...you don't just like him if you're this passionate about him getting a win over the Rock lol.

As for the Hogan-Rock thing...dude I know what I implied, just because I didn't spell it out for your childish ass doesn't mean I'm wrong here.

Re-matches at Mania are stupid. HHH vs Taker was good since the first was not too impressive, but not this. This type of match should be left alone...a title doesn't change much. The fued will be stale, and ratings will jump only because people want the Rock to entertain them...hardly impressed by the fued. You're acting as if I'm the only one bashing this match....I've seen A LOT of people on here doing the same.

:lmao: Abused the English language??? How the hell? Also, how the hell was that response spam? Hardly. I am watching now because after 10 years of not watching, I decided to check out what was left of the careers of the Rock, Austin, HHH, Taker, Brock, Nash etc before they are gone for good. With these guys the PG shit really doesn't effect them.

You are way too much of a child to actually be responding to. You're 20? And your avatar is fitting for your character. You're crying like a baby,
Spam. Shit post. Nothing to do with topic.
and freaking the hell out because I said nobody wants to see that match...well besides you.
I'm guessing this is the only thread you've actually been to on these forums. Go see, I'm definitely not the only one.
I'm getting the impression you're in love with Cena because you're flipping out, and admittedly like him
Because I said fucking?
...so common sense...
Lol.
you don't just like him if you're this passionate about him getting a win over the Rock lol.
I'm not passionate about him winning over The Rock. However, John Cena needs a win over The Rock because he didn't win last year. It's usually not the smartest idea to job your most valuable player out two years in a row to the same guy. It's funny, because I sported a Rock signature throughout Wrestlemania season all last year when 3/4 of the forums had a Cena sig. Trust me, I'm not as in love with Cena as you want me to be.
As for the Hogan-Rock thing...dude I know what I implied, just because I didn't spell it out for your childish ass doesn't mean I'm wrong here.
Irrelevant.
Re-matches at Mania are stupid. HBK vs Taker was decent, but not this. This type of match should be left alone...
Why? Because you don't want to see it? Is there some kind of factual evidence which supports your ridiculous claim "any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this."
a title doesn't change much. The fued will be stale
Because you say so right? Let’s see if the crowd gets invested into this match like they did last year. I'm betting they will.
, and ratings will jump only because people want the Rock to entertain them...hardly impressed by the fued.
If there's no Cena, there's no feud here. What's so entertaining about a man using the same one liners over and over again without actually using them on someone? Being entertained by The Rock actually takes alot more than just The Rock buddy.
You're acting as if I'm the only one bashing this match....I've seen A LOT of people on here doing the same.
Lol.

You're acting as if I'm the only one liking this match…. I've seen A LOT of people on here doing the same.

Which proves your "any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this." theory wrong.

Spam. Shit post. Nothing to do with topic.

I'm guessing this is the only thread you've actually been to on these forums. Go see, I'm definitely not the only one.

Because I said fucking?

Lol.

I'm not passionate about him winning over The Rock. However, John Cena needs a win over The Rock because he didn't win last year. It's usually not the smartest idea to job your most valuable player out two years in a row to the same guy. It's funny, because I sported a Rock signature throughout Wrestlemania season all last year when 3/4 of the forums had a Cena sig. Trust me, I'm not as in love with Cena as you want me to be.

Irrelevant.

Why? Because you don't want to see it? Is there some kind of factual evidence which supports your ridiculous claim "any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this."

Because you say so right? Let’s see if the crowd gets invested into this match like they did last year. I'm betting they will.

If there's no Cena, there's no feud here. What's so entertaining about a man using the same one liners over and over again without actually using them on someone? Being entertained by The Rock actually takes alot more than just The Rock buddy.

Lol.

You're acting as if I'm the only one liking this match…. I've seen A LOT of people on here doing the same.

Which proves your "any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this." theory wrong.

Whatever dude, I'm not going to keep going back and forth. I have been on quite a few message boards with different websites, and have seen a lot of hate for this match. Some do like it, but again, you're taking my words way too literally. By "nobody", I'm implying that the majority are not in favor of it. "Common sense" (like you quoted and lol'd for some reason previously) says that there will always be somebody somewhere that disagrees..so stfu with the whole "I proved your theory wrong" lol like dude, you didn't discover electricity here lol..chill out.

Same with your ridiculous comments on the Rock needing to fued with someone and that he won't entertain on his own....really???!! You're a genius dude...great way to figure that out. lol Come on man, you're making arguments about nothing, and yet you're in turn saying the same arguments you create are "irrelevant"...lmao.

Anyways...final comment on this thread...I'll let you get the last word lol...but the majority of the posts I've seen around the internet(not just this forum as you've assumed) that I've seen are saying exactly what I'm saying...for Mania, we want something fresh. There is way too much talent on the roster not to. There are so many variations they could run...

They could do Rock vs Brock for the title. They could've set up Jericho to win the World title at the Chamber and had Cena go after that title. Do whatever it takes to have Austin commit to the comeback and take on CM Punk...

Rock vs Brock
Austin vs Punk
Jericho vs Cena

is 10000 times better than what they are gearing up for with these two rematches of HHH vs Brock and Rock vs Cena.:disappointed:

Whatever dude, I'm not going to keep going back and forth. I have been on quite a few message boards with different websites, and have seen a lot of hate for this match. Some do like it, but again, you're taking my words way too literally. By "nobody", I'm implying that the majority are not in favor of it.
"any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this."

Lololoololol. How stupid of me to misunderstand what you really meant there.
"Common sense" (like you quoted and lol'd for some reason previously) says that there will always be somebody somewhere that disagrees..

Common sense says that somewhere, someone will disagree. That's a pretty bold statement you made; that no one cares for the match. Come on dude, people are still buying into The Rock and John Cena's Wrestlemania match and that kills you doesn't it?
so stfu with the whole "I proved your theory wrong" lol like dude, you didn't discover electricity here lol..chill out.
Of course I didn't. But "any forum on any website has even 1 person who likes this." is completely wrong. Like seriously, it doesn’t get any wronger. Normal people come out and say what they mean. They don’t type something then mean the exact opposite of what they typed.
Same with your ridiculous comments on the Rock needing to fued with someone and that he won't entertain on his own....really???!! You're a genius dude...great way to figure that out. lol
You're the one who said people will tune in only for The Rock.
Come on man, you're making arguments about nothing, and yet you're in turn saying the same arguments you create are "irrelevant"...lmao.
Irrelevant.
Anyways...final comment on this thread...I'll let you get the last word lol...but the majority of the posts I've seen around the internet(not just this forum as you've assumed) that I've seen are saying exactly what I'm saying...for Mania, we want something fresh.
I want a pie chart, a graph or something that proves this. Given last year’s match and the crowd’s reaction going into the match, you’re wrong.
There is way too much talent on the roster not to. There are so many variations they could run...
None of them are as big as The Rock or John Cena.
They could do Rock vs Brock for the title. They could've set up Jericho to win the World title at the Chamber and had Cena go after that title. Do whatever it takes to have Austin commit to the comeback and take on CM Punk...

Rock vs Brock
Austin vs Punk
Jericho vs Cena
Everything you just listed <Rock/Cena.

You will not make more money from using guys like Jericho and Punk. Cena and Rock both outrank them massively. It&#8217;s simple, why else do you think there are a billion movie sequels being made right now &#8211; because they&#8217;re capitalizing off that success. Rock/Cena last year was a definite success.
is 10000 times better than what they are gearing up for with these two rematches of HHH vs Brock and Rock vs Cena.:disappointed:
Again, says you. I'm totally down for it. Why, because I've yet to see a boring Wrestlemania during this era. Given that all four of the guys you just listed always go all out at Wrestlemania. These two matches won't disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back