• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's an unpopular opinion you hold?

Tequila Dave

Flame on.
Is there a wrestler you just can't stand, even though everyone else seems to love them? Did you hate the Attitude Era? Do you find the Diva's division highly entertaining? Share unpopular opinions you hold when it comes to wrestling.

But please, for the love of all that is holy, no one mention their hate or love for Cena.

**MODERATOR NOTE**

REMEMBER THAT THERE MUST BE AN EXPLANATION BEHIND YOUR CHOICES. SIMPLY SAYING STUFF LIKE "I LIKE TNA MORE THAN WWE" AND "I FIND AUSTIN ARIES OVERRATED" AND SO IN A LONG LIST CAN STILL BE CONSIDERED SPAM IF YOU OFFER NO REASON AS TO WHY YOU FEEL THAT WAY AND MAY BE DEALT WITH AN INFRACTION.

Haha alright.

I like TNA more than WWE and think it's better, even in 2011

I think the Miz has no place in wrestling whatsoever. Can't wrestle, is small (and can't back it up since he has no technical skill or athleticism) also the key one does not look intimidating in the slightest. And him being the WWE champion ugh... I can't actually think of a worse WWE champion.

I think Dolph Ziggler needs to change his name because I can't take it seriously.

Other than that I think my opinions fall "in-line" with the rest of the IWC :lmao:

Although I don't think he is a horrible wrestler, I can't seem to see why everyone is on the sheamus bandwagon. I honestly think SmackDown needs a new champ because his reign isn't getting a lot of attention. The ADR-Sheamus rivalry is getting quite old in my honest opinion. At NOC, these 2 will wrestle 3 straight PPV's. On the flipside, we saw CM Punk - Daniel Bryan 3 consecutive PPV's but in my mind those matches were better and more entertaining then thr SHEAMUS-ADR. SmackDown in my opinion needs a new regieme with newer, fresher talent. Booker T is my favorite wrestler and I'm glad to see him as the new GM because I believe he will do well there. Also I think the WWE needs to go back to having wrestlers stay on one promotion because I don't like seeing the same matches twice in one week

I think the Miz has no place in wrestling whatsoever. Can't wrestle, is small (and can't back it up since he has no technical skill or athleticism) also the key one does not look intimidating in the slightest. And him being the WWE champion ugh... I can't actually think of a worse WWE champion.:

I'm glad you said it first (and well said, by the way), because I can't say anything bad about Miz without someone on these forums giving birth at their computer desk. I always said, Miz is like the Kanye West of wrestling. He's a well dressed asshole who's interviews consist of how everybody held him down, beat him up, made him change in a closet...you get the point. He's always reminding us of his hardships. He is one of the worst champions of all time. Think about the legacy of the title: Bruno, Backlund, Hogan, Savage, Hart, HBK, Austin, Rock, Angle, Guerrero............Miz. Really? I understand lots of you on this thread live vicariously through your Hero Miz, so I'll end it here...AWWWWWFULLL!!!!

I really liked Steve Blackman. His gimmick was solid and his background brought a bit of legitamacy to him. He had some really good matches I thought and did really well as the Hardcore Champion for awhile. Really thought he was going to be a bigger player, but I guess with his lack of mic skills and his martial arts being a bity one dimensional, it wasn't to be.

I personally can't stand C.M. Punk. Not only do I think he is the most overrated wrestler in the industry (as far as in ring is concerned, hes great on the mic), but from what i've seen of him on social media, the guy is a total asshole.

I seriously don't get the fascination with punk in the ring. He's too strike heavy and he botches far too often. seriously, half of his GTS's look like shit.

Also, It takes a special kind of douche to call your self the best wrestler in the world, when your not even the best wrestler with your moveset.

I seriously hope Kurt Angle runs into this guy on the street.

Is there a wrestler you just can't stand, even though everyone else seems to love them?
I agree with MrScissorsKick and would say Sheamus. I see no potential at all in this guy, hes promos are weak and his in-ring skills are OK at best. They are constatly shubbing him at our throats because they aparently see something in the guy but to me he is somebody who is at best case midcarder who received his push too soon and did absolutely nothing with it because he is far from over with the crowd ang gets very small reaction for somebody who is face of Smackdown brand and should get huge pops everytime. They add it on Smacdown but when he is on Raw we see that reactions of the crowd is very mild.

I hate how anyone who bashes Cena nowadays is considered a "hater" and people say shit like "you make excuses to hate Cena" or "you go out of your way to hate Cena." It's become almost balsphemous to bash Cena these days and it shouldn't be like that. Some people just don't find his corny and cheesy shit entertaining. Deal with it!

I also hate when people point out similarities between cena and a superstar that the so-called "hater" does like (like Rock or Hogan) and then call that person a hypocrite. little sheep cena fans get so butt hurt nowadays because some fans choose to boo their precious little hero. They really need to get the fuck over it.

ryback is awesome

orton is the best in wwe

go ahead flame me,give me a infraction i need a good laugh

Like bigandpissed, I too think CM Punk is overrated. But it doesn't have anything to do with his mic skills or in ring, he has great mic skills and is good in the ring but not enough to be the "best wrestler in the world". What bugs me about him is just how he shot to fame & glory, and that's by pretty much forcing Vince to push him to the top during their contract negotiations last year. He thinks he earned it, the IWC thinks he earned it, but it's Vince's company at the end of the day, and if he truly thought he earned it, I'm sure he would've pushed him to the top long before Money In The Bank. Sometimes I wish Vince would have just let him walk instead of letting him take him for everything he's got. Punk is so full of himself aswell, and is a major hypocrite. I remember him claiming that he was trying to make changes for the fans, that he was trying to make it fun for them again, and that guys like HHH, Cena had huge egos, but he was actually just changing things for himself only, so he has just as big a ego as HHH, Cena. And now that he's at the top, with a long lengthy WWE Championship reign, him & the IWC are still complaining, this time about how he is not main eventing PPV's. Not even a long WWE Championship reign is enough to keep him & his puppets satisfied.

Oh i've got a few....

1: CM Punk does not come across as a World Champion...he look's like an average joe, so much to the point I could kick his ass. Hardly best in the world!

2:ECW was not a good promotion. I hate all the glory fans who never saw ECW even though they were old enough too, say how great it was. If it was so great why did it never make a profit...even with Vince funding them? Everyone say's Bischoff is a failure because WCW folded, but at least he took them to the top of the mountain. ECW never got off the floor. Good Riddance!!!

3:Ultimate Warrior was a better draw than HBK. The amount of shit i get whenever i say this is unreal. Business went DOWN under Shawn. Under Warrior it remained stable and profitable. Not to mention Warrior had to follow one Hulk Hogan (who sabotaged him).

4:From 2002-2006 Smackdown was better than Raw(to be fair quite a few people on here agree with this)

Ric Flair has never actually entertained me....at all. My uncle tried to show me some very old Ric Flair matches and it just bored me.
Scotty 2 hotty was an amazing wrestler who I believe was held back and deserved better
Edge was very painful to watch as a heel

For Daniel Bryan and CM Punk to be homegrown wrestling stars, meaning they grew up primarily training pro wrestling and watching pro wrestling. They have not brought much to the table. They haven't had great gimmicks, they don't have good finishing moves, they're ok in the ring but I can certainly think of better wrestlers past and present.

The 'This Is Your Life' segment with Mankind and The Rock really wasn't that good.

rey mysterio is one the best and most consistent workers in the wwe right now, especially during the past few years. He's up there with hbk, Jericho, Punk, and Bryan with consistency and match quality. A lot of people say how rey's character is old and stale and what not, but I personally don't find it a big deal, he's still over with the crowd.

kelly kelly is the hottest diva ever

Not sure what popular opinion is on this, but I never want to see Ryback on my TV ever ever again. The Miz has no business in a WWE ring. I prefer TNA to WWE right now, however Austin Aries is not a great champion in my eyes. I don't know if my opinions are that unpopular, but there you have it. What do other think of Ryback?

I'm with the guys who think that Miz isn't really that entertaining overall. I saw him absolutely own a live crowd in Green Bay during Raw last year, but other than that he's never thrilled me.

Here's a pretty unpopular opinion. I never liked Stone Cold that much. And I'm a country guy, so that's almost sacrelige. In the beginning the whole "Take This Job and Shove It" attitude was fun. It was Johnny Paycheck with fists. And some of the stunts were pretty good, but it just didn't take long for me to lose interest. I could totally see how desperately the company needed him, and he's a key figure in helping them weather the challenge mounted by WCW, but it only took me a little while to stop enjoying his bits. My interest revived for a while when they brought Kurt Angle in, because clueless Kurt irritating Steve was fun.

Stone Cold's in-ring work never got me all that excited. I think he told stories well enough, but his particular moveset and style of movement was just never one that I liked that much.

I loved both HBK/Taker matches and really enjoyed the 2 previous Taker/HHH matches, but the "End of an Era" match just didn't do it for me. The whole "end it Shawn or I will" just came across as hokey to me. Solid match, but I just don't think as much of it as most others seem to.

HHH and HBK the absolute love,adoration and hero worship wrestling fans have for these two crawls up my spine. Of course my dislike from them is based on both of their participation in the screwing over of a real wrestling legend Bret the Hitman Hart in the Montreal screwjob.

For their crime it seems they got rewarded with an endless push by the chairman Mr. Mcmahon that lasted way over 10 years.

I believe they are both the most overhyped wrestlers of all time and they actually believe their own hype. When someone saids that HBK is the best wrestler ever it makes me sick to my stomach.

In contrast i love the 2 members of the kliq that left Hall and Nash who really did revolutionized wrestling when they formed their own thing the NWO in WCW.

While in wwe DX with HHH and HBK were just lowering wrestling fans IQ's as Sandow would say.

I cannot stand Jerry Lawler. Never have done, never will do.

Maybe because his face looks like a pork pie. Maybe because all he does is squeal the blatantly obvious and provides no depth to the storylines whatsoever. Maybe because play-by-play commentating in wrestling is dead either way and he's just an easy target.

Nevertheless, I wish he had never come back after quitting in 2001; Heyman eclipsed him during his absence, much like Michael Cole has been doing for the past three years.

Honestly, I've never understood all the hype about Jeff Hardy, I will admit he is a solid in-ring performer and decent on the mic.
However, other then that, besides the face paint and his unusual ring attire, not too much makes him stand out as a future legend, and I get never really get into him all that much

Share unpopular opinions you hold when it comes to wrestling.

No matter how much I try to get behind John Cena, I can't. I can respect his standing as a hard working Professional Wrestler and also respect him greatly for what he does for the Star Foundation. My problem is probably with him moves sometimes not looking convincing. Especially his STFU.

Apparently on this page, it seems to be that so many people find Dolph Ziggler overrated. I personally have really started to follow him. He is improving really well.

Sting and Ric Flair are two of the most overrated in ring performers of all time. I've been watching wrestling as long as I can remember, and I'm 29 years old and these two I just don't get it.

Flair and Sting I put them together because they've had so many matches together, and to me they are just blah.

Every Ric Flair match is the same. No retooling of the match, or putting in any new psychology while still using the same move set. Just the same thing over and over for the last 30 years. Which worked very well before weekly television. No matter who the opponent was Flair never did anything different. Eye poke, beg off his opponent's attack, the summer salt into the turnbuckle over the top run along the apron get thrown off, get hit with multiple back drops, ect. Nothing was used in a different manner it was always the same routine.

Sting, he was the same way. But even worse. To me he appeared to have no sense or rather feel for the flow of the match or the crowd. He just went in and did "his thing". He'd hit 700 stinger splashes, and do a bunch of gorilla press slams, and a lot of clotheslines and dropkicks. I never saw anything that lead me to believe he understood how to organize a good flow to a match.

with that said i believe both were great performers that connected with the crowd due to great characters and charisma.

But those are my two unpopular opinions.

Hmmmm, this thread might be more appropriate if it was about politics when it comes to my unpopular opinions, but I will give it a whirl:

1.) The ability to talk comfortably in front of an audience and convey your point articulately is of paramount importance to *anything* you can do in the ring. Period. I don't care if you can do 25 flips from the top of the arena, it will not get you over in the same way cutting a well delivered promo will.

2.) Jeff Hardy being a the "Charismatic Enigma" is a misnomer, as he has no charisma and there is no mystery about him. He's a spot monkey who is avantgard in his likes and appearance. The only mystery is how he's translated that into as successful career as he has.

3.) The Attitude Era was poorly booked. A lot of hokey, nonsensical booking. Storylines with little arc or depth. The Rock and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's charisma is what allowed this time to flourish. It was, for lack of a better word, raw. Still, it wasn't what it's made out to be on the internet. Which leads me to my next subject:

4.) WCW, even during the Attitude Era, offered more a diverse, better product than the WWF. From cruiserweights to storyline builds (Sting vs. Hogan may be the best built storyline in the history of the business), WCW wasn't deserving of the mass exodus it experienced.

5.) Tony Sch...Schvi...Schvonie? I could look it up, but I am posting from my Blackberry at midnight. Give me a break. Tony S. was not as bad an announcer as he's routinely made out to be. Is he on the level of a Jim Ross? No, but who is? He was a serviceable play-by-play man and I, for one, really never saw where all the hate came from.

I cannot stand Jerry Lawler. Never have done, never will do.

Maybe because his face looks like a pork pie. Maybe because all he does is squeal the blatantly obvious and provides no depth to the storylines whatsoever. Maybe because play-by-play commentating in wrestling is dead either way and he's just an easy target.

Nevertheless, I wish he had never come back after quitting in 2001; Heyman eclipsed him during his absence, much like Michael Cole has been doing for the past three years.

I feel a bit mean now after the events of last night; I'd never wish harm on another person, even someone I dislike.

I hope he does pull through and make a full recovery so he can enjoy a long retirement.

I honestly dont like C.M. Punk at all,and I'll tell you why.To me he was boring as a face.He has no intimidation factor,(all the ink in the world isnt gonna make you intimidating if you just dont have that presence)He always whines about his hardships coming up,despite being so succesfull and having trillion of fans building a shrine to him everyday.Half his muay thai kicks look like shit,doesnt seem to show appreciation for the fans that demanded his rise to the top.I feel the dude got too big for his britches,to me he's wrestlings real Golden Calf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back