• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is Behind #August1Warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YOUTUBE]v_4JA-ulmjk[/YOUTUBE]

Third video "received".

"I am not a rock star like Chris Jericho. I make a living hurting people."

"I am not someone 99% of you have not heard of."

Yup. The more I watch, the more I think Bobby Lashley. Makes a living hurting people? Would beat Batista if they fought? The only other guy I can think of is King Mo, but Mo is already under contract to TNA.

Think they've actually given it away this time - the clues would have had me pretty confident (I wouldn't put him close to Dave or Chris for fame but he was a major part on the McMahon / Trump WM, so can be forgiven for the name dropping whereas a Low-Ki or a Pearce would be stretching) but the real clincher (for me) was when he turns profile at the end of the video. Lashley has a pretty unique profile in comparison with the other top suspects and this definitely implicates him.

Lashley could be very interesting - from the looks of Bobby now, he isn't just as muscle bound which should make him more interesting in the ring. Plus, he could be the perfect candidate to nursemaid Rampage and Mo is that he should be able to withstand any stiffness to put them over as believable in-ring performers.

Finally, I'm sure Bellator would love to have him on board. King Mo, Rampage and Bobby would be a good foundation for any MMA promotion.

lashley-houston.jpg

I was thinking it would be funny if it was D'Lo Brown. but think I would have to take him off the list because I doubt he could beat up Batista, right? but he seems to fit the other criteria that's been given away.

[youtube]v_4JA-ulmjk[/youtube]

Third video "received".

"I am not a rock star like Chris Jericho. I make a living hurting people."

"I am not someone 99% of you have not heard of."

Yup. The more I watch, the more I think Bobby Lashley. Makes a living hurting people? Would beat Batista if they fought? The only other guy I can think of is King Mo, but Mo is already under contract to TNA.
I highly doubt it would be Bobby Lashley. He's still quite well known and certainly not as good a talker as this guy. Not to mention he's scheduled with WWL the very next day.

It could very well be Kicks Maggie himself, Davey Richards. Who has that kind of attitude.

I highly doubt it would be Bobby Lashley. He's still quite well known and certainly not as good a talker as this guy. Not to mention he's scheduled with WWL the very next day.

It could very well be Kicks Maggie himself, Davey Richards. Who has that kind of attitude.

Which, sorry to say, spits in the face of the "I'm not someone that 99% of you haven't heard of" line from the third video.

They're hyping this as something of a big deal, or at least bigger than another indy darling type performer. They specifically dropped the names of Batista and Jericho for this very reason, so if it's no Lashley, it needs to be someone of greater stature than Richards IMO.

If it's not Lashley, it has to be D.O.C. as far as potential impact goes. He's still known to the IMPACT audience, even though he's not a major star, and the story is there for him to return and talk about how he was forced out of the club, for example, and that he's now out to take them down. Boom, instant face turn.

Which, sorry to say, spits in the face of the "I'm not someone that 99% of you haven't heard of" line from the third video.

They're hyping this as something of a big deal, or at least bigger than another indy darling type performer. They specifically dropped the names of Batista and Jericho for this very reason, so if it's no Lashley, it needs to be someone of greater stature than Richards IMO.

If it's not Lashley, it has to be D.O.C. as far as potential impact goes. He's still known to the IMPACT audience, even though he's not a major star, and the story is there for him to return and talk about how he was forced out of the club, for example, and that he's now out to take them down. Boom, instant face turn.

But you have to remember who these videos are catering to. These are not posted on TV where a more general audience can see. These are posted just for the internet.

In the IWC how many people know Davey Richards?

But you have to remember who these videos are catering to. These are not posted on TV where a more general audience can see. These are posted just for the internet.

In the IWC how many people know Davey Richards?

I suppose, but I don't think there's that great a difference any more between your "general"/television audience and your internet fans viewing TNA/IW's website semi-regularly. I'd believe you if these videos were being distributed on forums like this, for example, but the difference between internet fans and television fans for TNA, specifically, just isn't that great IMO.

For the record, I only know the name Davey Richards. I don't think I've ever seen the man wrestle a full match, as I've never watched an ROH broadcast (no desire) and have only been to two live events of theirs years ago (six+ years) where he wasn't on either card.

So there you have it — I'm an "internet" fan, and even I only know him in name because I see it written fairly often enough to remember it.

Except in no possible way would anyone not drunk off their ass, drugged out of their mind or suffering severe mental issues could ever accept doc as believable as being capable of beating batista. he was let go because of a lack of interest fans had in him, so bringing him back right away like this would not have the impact you seem to think.

frankly, i don't care who it is. there is no one out there that i think would do any better then anyone else they've tried to bring in. maybe all the releases were about freeing up money to bring in some big name. but if hogan could barely budge the ratings or buys then no other active/potentially active person could. The only potential person to have an impact would be Steve Austin and why would he bother going to TNA when he's not going to be an active wrestler and it's frankly below him.

It might be a silly suggestion, but might Shelton Benjamin be an option? He had proper good runs in multiple companies...

Oh and hi all! :)

Low Ki? Smart fans will cheer; most won't care.

Adam Pearce? Why? TNA has already told us not to care about him.

We know it's for sure not Chris Jericho or Batista...because ANYBODY was thinking it might be them.

I hate these cryptic promos. In December, we knew it was Sting. It's always Sting. I'm not saying this promo is for Sting; it's very obviously not. I'm just saying I hate them, because TNA uses them at least once or twice every year, without fail. Go back and find a year TNA didn't use a cryptic promo since I started watching in 2007 (?).

I hate this specific cryptic promo the most, becaues not only am I expecting to be disappointed by a lackluster reveal, I just don't buy into the whole "I'm not a part of TNA or Spike TV" bullshit. Nobody buys into that. It made no sense when Aces & Eights weren't under contract, and then suddenly became under contract...because they wanted to be. I'm sure eventually, the angle will come down to many of them NOT being under contract anymore.

The point is, who cares? Regardless of whether the story says they are or are not under contract with TNA Wrestling, we know they are. Or at least, we know it's a story. THis kind of kayfabe story crap just doesn't work anymore. The guy is going to show up, say he has a problem with TNA, and that'll be that. Not being a part of the machine is unbelievable, and will have no long-term effect on the story. It's just silly, and altogether unnecessary. No company is going to get "secret videos" from a guy threatening you, and then post them on their YouTube account. Not even in pro wrestling does that happen. And what...he's just going to show up to the building on Thursday? People are going to let him in? Security won't say shit, or do anything to stop him? No, because it's a silly fake wrestling story, and demands the fans to suspend reality just a bit too far for my comfort zone.

As I've said multiple times, the ONLY WAY TNA can draw money from this is if it's King Mo. Which still doesn't make sense, because he's listed on the ImpactWrestling.com roster page. Book him against Rampage Jackson in a legit shoot inside a Bellator cage at Bound for Glory. Guarantee you, it'll be the highest grossing TNA PPV in history.

up until people starting throwing out names for this I had never heard of Davey Richards. still have only seen pictures of him.

Steve Austin is an interesting name. someone somewhere else mentioned Austin. this weeks show is in Texas. maybe Austin could show up for something other than a match. I pretty much would doubt it, but I guess it's worth saying maybe.

if this is supposed to be someone that 99% of people have heard of, then why did they not hype this up on Impact at least once? if it's supposed to be someone people have heard of then you would think they would hype on TV to help boost ratings for this weeks coming show.

Apart from this whole August1 deal, isn't this the entire reason why Impact has been stuck as a distant second to WWE? The unforgivingly bad storylines? The massive cliche's? The constantly falling back on former talent who are really not up to par anymore?

This August1 thing is probably going to be one more disappointment, sure. It's coming from the same team that brought us the Joseph Park/Abyss storyline which everyone with even a slight bit of sanity could see right through. But it can still prove to work out for upcoming matches. Where there's a lack of good storylines in TNA there's always pretty good matches.

It may not be a big surprise return. It may be a cliche introduction to a character. But hell, could be some good talent you haven't seen in a while anyway.

My money is still on Bobby Lashley.

But, for the sake of adding a few other options on the table, I feel there is only TWO other credible options if it's not Lashley. Sure, it's TNA, so they could easily reveal some silly name as the mystery man who has no name value or credibility at all.. but I'm going to have faith that TNA isn't going to be THAT stupid.

1) Hardcore Holly. While Holly would really be a disappointment, I could see TNA, based on their past with reveals like this, choosing him. He's certainly not a good option, seeing as he's old, he's a WWE reject, and he was never a big name to begin with, nor could he ever get REALLY over to be a prominent star in WWE. This would be a disappointment, but I can easily see TNA pulling him out of their hat as if its something of value..

2) This is the only OTHER option then Lashley that I think would be interesting, and definitely something surprising and of GREAT value. No one's mentioned him, but what if its the Great Muta! There's clearly been talks between Muta's company and TNA, and what if they've already agreed to things and these promos are leading up to some cross promotional start? He is, now a days, bald and has a very similar look to the mystery man's silhouette. He's certainly a legend who is known by a larger audience, and yet he's from Japan so he's not known by the entire US audience.

If it was the Great Muta I would give TNA credit and I think that would be a very awesome surprise for this August 1st mystery man.

Curry man.

:lmao: or maybe the return of Sharky 3:16

Wild card...Awesome Kong aka Kharma, returning to dominate the company that wronged her

From her Twitter

@Kharma

"Been stuck @ ATL airport for the past few hours. My itinerary stated a departure 45min later than it actually was. #KongTravelCurse"

Hopefully my post doesn't get taken down, but I was looking up Bob Holly's Wikipedia page and found this snippet:

He was revealed as the man behind TNA Wrestling's August 1 Warning videos they aired in Late July 2013.

Considering anyone can change these types of entries, it could be false. But it's interesting to note that THIS piece was just added.

If so, this seems like a big letdown compared to some of the other guys who have been speculated.

[youtube]v4ABjmqtQ3w[/youtube]

voice says.. I am not one of yours.
voice says.. I am not Bill Goldberg. also never faced Goldberg.

I'm wondering between Lashley and Tito Ortiz.

Well, given that Bellator just announced Ramoage vs Tito, my money changes to it being the start of the PPV cross promotion with Bellator for November, and Tito will be the mystery man, and be apart of the a&8s. I think it's boneheaded, yes, but Bellator should see a benefit from it, even though TNA won't. This would also explain why TNA didn't have anything on TV.

ugh, TNA, geezus.

all these videos to create mystery and drama leading into this Thursday's show. OMG who could this potential big bad ass be?! someone who could beat up both Batista and Goldberg, wow this guy must be awesome, people MUST watch Impact this Thursday!!!
..or not.
Tito Ortiz shows up in Bellator the night before!!!

if it is Tito Ortiz I am going to be really happy, as I see him as a huge force. but having him show up in Bellator the night before is just stupid. ugh. couldn't they have waited another week for Tito to show up in Bellator?!?!

So, thinking it all through. People keep saying it will be an MMA person.
I say it can't be based on the video clues.

1: The person said they are known to 99% of people cryptically. 99% of people don't know MMA.
2: Hogan tweeted during the week that he didn't need anymore problems & that MEM & Aces & Eights need to be ready? ( So this person is going to be against both stables?)

3: They mention they could beat Batitsa & Jericho.
4: They mention that Goldberg never faced them. So therefore other wrestlers HAVE faced them?
They must be a wrestler from this last statement. An MMA guy would have said none of them have faced him. Maybe a wrestler with MMA experience like lashley would be likely, but to me it can't be an MMA guy.

So, thinking it all through. People keep saying it will be an MMA person.
I say it can't be based on the video clues.

1: The person said they are known to 99% of people cryptically. 99% of people don't know MMA.
2: Hogan tweeted during the week that he didn't need anymore problems & that MEM & Aces & Eights need to be ready? ( So this person is going to be against both stables?)

3: They mention they could beat Batitsa & Jericho.
4: They mention that Goldberg never faced them. So therefore other wrestlers HAVE faced them?
They must be a wrestler from this last statement. An MMA guy would have said none of them have faced him. Maybe a wrestler with MMA experience like lashley would be likely, but to me it can't be an MMA guy.

Tito Ortiz is a well known MMA guy.
they said they never faced Goldberg, but that clue could be anyone that hasn't faced him wrestler or not. that could be my dad.

Tito Ortiz is a well known MMA guy.
they said they never faced Goldberg, but that clue could be anyone that hasn't faced him wrestler or not. that could be my dad.

Can it be Ortiz, though? He's scheduled to fight Rampage and even though he doesn't have to get physical he has to do something.

But, it does make plenty of sense for it to be him. This whole Ortiz vs Jackson thing can be setting up a feud between the two that will transcend on TNA television. I'm not sure how I feel about that since I'm really really not into MMA fighters who can't fucking wrestle. Yet.

Once they do - amazing. Until they do ... meh.

I'll give credit to TNA for getting me curious, but I really can't think of any wrestlers/MMA guys they could snab that would really make a serious splash. I really don't think that this storyline is going to set the wrestling world on fire. Still it might be a cool moment or the beginning of a good angle. Here's who I think could debut:

Tomko - He's not signed by any company now, he's got a good history with both WWE and TNA, and he's got that look that Hogan and co. like so much. Since he's a former TNA talent they could write in a clever "mole" angle that deals with how Tomko infiltrates broadcasts with help of anonymous TNA employees. I like the prospects of Tomko because it positions him main event, he has history with Sabin and other talents, and the name drops from the videos seem to fit the time frame that Tomko was in WWE.

Shelton Benjamin - This guy is every bit as talented as Ziggler and Del Rio, yet previously lacked the microphone ability to get further than the midcard in WWE. His wrestling style fits the company well and possibly could compete in the X-Division or heavyweight championship scene. The only negative is that he is not a very big star anymore, so to play on his past fame is a pretty bad idea.

It's definitely Tito Ortiz. He's bald, has big ears, is a "tough guy" as said in one of the videos and was in TNA once as a special referee. Yesterday it was announced that Rampage Jackson will face Tito in his first Bellator match.

What I think will happen is Tito will show up on Impact tomorrow and will attack authority, and Rampage will help TNA; defending them from Ortiz and also build up their MMA match.

So they're technically using wrestling storylines to help build up MMA matches and I suppose they can do the same with Rampage and King Mo should they ever have a MMA match.

I'm actually for this idea. Conferances and a weigh-in doesn't really build up anything but hey, that's MMA. Add in storyline and I think you have something there, and Bellator's way of returning the favour might be lending their fighters to TNA, or something along those lines.

My only concern is that these are MMA fighters, not wrestlers. If they do go with what I think will happen, the fighters need mire training as wrestlers, and they need to know how to cut a promo. I remember Rampage's when he debuted and it was awful. I couldn't even here hom properly and he started off with "you know not many people know but I was a wrestling fan" and went on to talk about knocking people out. That's not a good debut promo and he dodn't sound very confident. I wouldn't lay it on him too much because it was his debut, but if MMA fighters enter the wrestling industry, they need the tools to do so. Also, Tito should have been announced as Rampage's opponent after August 1, so it would be less predictable that he is not the guy behind these cryptic videos. Unless they nail it by swerving us and have somebody else as the August 1 man.

Adam Pearce has jokes.
Adam Pearce put this on his twitter page.

[youtube]ObhSMP7oZGA[/youtube]

troll! :lol: :lmao:

when I first saw the video on TNAinsider.com I thought it was real, I was like WTF. but then I noticed it came from his twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back