• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA: Promoting Beating Bitches and Women Hating Since... I Dunno, Forever?

In response to the Russo writing TNA angle of the OP: was it 2 weeks ago that you had Kane stalking and physically attacking Brie Bella (trying to 'drag her to hell').I am pretty sure Russo didn't write that. So IMO it is a big jump to use the Dixie/Bully angle as proof Russo in charge.

Now as to the wider topic: violence against women. There is NOBODY that would ever condone violence against women in the real world. It is never acceptable. But wrestling is not the real world. I know it isn't real so if I see Bully threating Dixie; Vince humiliating Trish; Lita being put through a table; Jericho calling Steph names or any of the other examples in wrestling history it doesn't phase me at all.

So, Austin Stunning Stacy on "Raw" doesn't phase you because it isn't real, but Austin smacking Debra across the face at home, does.

I didn't like it because of the timing, (it was a month after Austin's spousal abuse case, so I thought doing this angle is bad PR), it was unnecessary (Austin teamed with Stacy in the match, so why Stun her afterwards), and it was who did the attack (someone who had been shown to show real violence against women). The first thing was that people cheered it, rather than being uneasy about it.

First off title of this thread should be changed. You are doing more damage to these so called women by calling them bitches than Bully has ever done. In this storyline Dixie was the one who got physically involved first. I enjoyed each segment and this entire storyline. I have no idea why people like you are concerned with these storylines. These are female wrestlers and most have no problem being involved in storylines with men that result in some violence. Now I don't understand most of your logic. I'm pretty sure there are just as many violent woman in society as men. Now I will mention some extremely violent or dark segments that might better suite your conversation than this Dixe / Bully Storyline. Stephanie being kidnapped by her own father, Gail Kim being Border Tossed by Hernandez, and Daffney being thrown off the apron through a table which resulted in her breaking her arm and suing TNA because of medical expenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back