• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bully Ray: World Heavyweight Champion?

The past year Ray has become huge as a singles wrestler, could he really be a World Champion after years as being part of one of if not The Best Tag Team in recent history?

I think he can become a world champion he already got the exprience of being a singles wrestler but I think TNA would not give him that big of a push, but I hope WWE relaunch ECW and have him become TV champ.

It can be done now. ut, he isn't completly over IMO.

The main problem is that Jeff Hardy is in the way. Hardy is next in line, face it. And i wouldn't doubt that he wins the title back tonight.

Bully Ray WILL be TNA World Champion in the coming Years. But, unfortunately, there are too many ahead of him right now.

Side note, this is the exact reason i like Two World Titles in WWE.

Well yes, he could become world champion seeing how over he is (or was, as I dont watch TNA very often in Australia) the problem is, that there, like previously stated, are too many people in front of him. but hell he has a chance

Title pretty much says it... Should Bully Ray become Impact World Champion? I have been greatly impressed with Ray's work as of late and see him in a very similiar light to that of JBL. He is a veteran wrestler who repackaged himself as a great heel who can talk and gain amazing heel heat. Bully's always been able to gain heat, dating back to his ECW days where he would cause near riots while arguing with fans though. However, as of late he has really stepped his game up and gotten into better shape to accompany his new role as a top singles star. So with all that said, should Impact officials pull the trigger soon and give Bully a run with the top title?

I know things are currently setup with Roode and Storm going at it in April and its unlikely that Ray would get a shot til May or June but if he continues with the things he's been doing I say YES give him a shot. What are your thoughts?

There have been many chances to throw Ray in there as a third person to a championship match. Most recently the Wimbley tag match where Bully practically hung Roode out to dry. He isn't taking sides by any means, say he interferes in the next PPV match, TNA could easily pull a shocker and let Bully Ray win the belt.

Yeah. I say give Bully Ray a TNA World title run. He has evolved from a Tag-Team Wrestler to a singles wrestler.

He is one of the best heels and his work in the ring as a singles wrestler is quite impressive.

Bully Ray should get atleast one long World Championship reign.

I am really conflicted. I dont know...

Part of me says No. Hes an older wrestler who is doing great pulling a lot of heat and setting people up, pushing them into the title picture for Roode.

The other part of me wouldnt mind it. Hes obviously worked very hard in the last year, getting himself in the best shape he has EVER been in. He is putting on decent matches and has really carried the heel picture for the better part of the last 7 months or so and feel he deserves a bit of a reward...

I think im leaning more towards the no side. I dont know who would I would like to see in a title match with him. I dont think id like to see him and Storm for the title and Roode wont work...

I dont want to see Hardy with the title for a while and AJ Styles isnt in the title picture at the moment.

I really dont know.

I'd definitely like to see Bully Ray get a run with the World Championship. His post Team 3D heel turn has been phenomenal. He is in the best shape of his life, and it shows in the ring. His in ring work has been crisper, and he actually stands out as a singles competitor, unlike Devon, who has no identity outside of Team 3D.

Bully Ray was really the enhancement talent that helped get Bobby Roode over as a heel champion. Without Ray, Roode would not have gotten the heat he did earlier in his heel turn. I think Ray has become the best heel in wrestling today, basically re-introducing his heel persona from the ECW days. For his work in helping get Roode over alone, and helping to put over some of TNA's top names, I'd say he has earned a title run.

It is hard to say how long his current run will last, he seems to be healthy, and capable of going for quite a few more years, but whether or not he wants to is another story. If he were to ever go to another promotion, he'd never get the chance to shine as a singles heel the way TNA is letting him, and I think he knows that too. I'd like to see a nice, long program that built towards a title run, with either Storm or Hardy as the man he takes the title from.

Here's hoping TNA gives the guy a shot, he's earned it. If it doesn't work out, it's not like TNA has ever had a problem hot shotting the title on to someone else

I think giving Bully Ray one last World Title run would be a great idea, because at least in my opinion he has A LOT of years left in him no doubt about it but if TNA wants him to have a major title run that will be memorable it should be now.

I don't see it happening. I don't think it would be a bad idea as a transitional champion. I just think he's better as the heel stepping stone on the way up. If you beat a veteran like him it means something. They need ratings and I don't think the masses will want him as champ. If Angle is around, you know he will hold the title again. Styles should crawl back in the hunt. Personally, I would love For Aries to climb up the World Title ladder. I don't mind Roode as champion. As long as it isn't Storm. If I have to choose between Storm or Bully Ray, give me Ray.

I don't know honestly how I would feel about a Bully Ray run.

At first thought ... I like it. I think he has been so spectacular in the gimmick and this run that he most definitely deserves to strongly be considered for the companies top title.

BUT ... that would mean taking it off an already completely over and strong heel champion in Bobby Roode. Bully would have to be a heel run honestly ... and it just would not make that much sense to take the title off of Roode.

I love how Roode, Ray and Storm have burst onto the Main Event scene and all been relevant. But, honestly, I just don't know if Ray works at the top of the heap.

You would not see me shed one tear though if he was to capture the crown.

@ Midgensa

Bobby roode won't be champ forever, he more than likely won't be champ post Lockdown. I'll give you a fun scenario where Ray could win; Storm finally defeats his nemesis and former partner Roode and subsequently beats him in various matches and declares he's through with Roode after Sacrifice. He goes into Slammiversary there is a KOTM match, and BAM! Ray wins the gold. He holds the belt until Hardcore Justice, the former ecw hardcore brawler states that he'll fight anybody in a hardcore match. Book him against Jeff Hardy, Jeff wins (and closes his redemption story) everybodies happy.

I don't fucking understand people.. let me explain this in a way most the IWC will understand..

They are a lot of people who want William Regal to be World Heavy Weight Champion since he's earned it according to them. (he is barely on TV AND he's 43) this seems perfectly fine with most people..

How is Mark Henry more entertaining than Bully Ray? After all.. Mark Henry is 40 years old..

Note* I am not discrediting Mark Henry or William Regal but just giving another point of view.

Bully Ray is consistantly on TV and is much more entertaining than people give him credit for. Even at 41 I can see him as Champ. It doesn't seem to stop others from being Champion at 40.. (Undertaker, Kane, DDP, Ric Flair, Sting, Hogan, Macho Man, Bret Hart, Booker T, etc have all won world heavyweight Championships over the age of 40) So lets not use AGE as a determining factor here..

Bully Ray needs gold around his waist that isn't tag team gold, he could be a legit TV Champion, and/or World Champion.

FACE IT IWC Bully Ray proved us ALL wrong.. WHen it was announced he would be a singles wrestler. SOME of us were optimistic with a wait and see approach but the majority of the IWC was against this move, hell most were tired of Team 3D entirely.. and it turned out to be a great move for Bully. KUDOS to him.. I am glad that people are starting to second guess their original stance against him and see him for what he is..

A great and entertaining heel.

Currently I think Bobby Roode is doing an EXCELLENT job as Champ though so I am in no rush to see him lose the belt.

Absolutely. For the past two years, he's been TNA's Mark Henry. He's improved far & beyond ever since the Team 3D split. So yeah, he more than deserves it. But knowing TNA, he'd only hold it for a month or two at best. :(

Not giving him the title has nothing to do with age. It has to do with him being the kind of guy that is an obstacle for the face champ to face. His whole character is defined by it. The way he wrestle, the way act would never work as a champ because he live and breath just be an obstacle, be the biggest jerk around so that you wish the top face will kick his butt. Now Roode is a jerk too but the way he conduct himself is more champion material. You hate him but respect him because of physique, because of his wrestling ability. You can have a lot of millage of him as champ. But you couldn't do that with Bully as champ as he wouldn't be able to have great matchs with all the top contenders.

Not giving him the title has nothing to do with age. It has to do with him being the kind of guy that is an obstacle for the face champ to face. His whole character is defined by it. The way he wrestle, the way act would never work as a champ because he live and breath just be an obstacle, be the biggest jerk around so that you wish the top face will kick his butt. Now Roode is a jerk too but the way he conduct himself is more champion material. You hate him but respect him because of physique, because of his wrestling ability. You can have a lot of millage of him as champ. But you couldn't do that with Bully as champ as he wouldn't be able to have great matchs with all the top contenders.

I see your point, but, have to disagree. The reasons you gave only reinforce why Bully Ray would be a great world champion. He's not your typical heel and that changes the title scene. Anything different is better than usual and mundane. I also disagree that Bully cannot have great matches with top contenders. Bully Ray has had matches with everyone from Amazing Red to Abyss. In both matches he managed to pull off unique things for both different guys and their respective sizes. Bully is a big guy who would also have both the ability and size to be a credible champ.

I started off a fan of Brother Ray/Bubba Ray as a tag team competitor and not so much a fan of his singles stuff in WWE & TNA. This past year alone has been reason enough to put the TNA title on him. He's a great heel who can perform and doesn't seem to have a problem jobbing to anyone. He took that lame ass beating from the jackass football player and managed to make it look believeable[despite that football player guy being totally spastic and awful in the ring, natural my ass :wtf::lmao::lmao:].

Anyway, I believe Bully Ray is the top choice to become champion once a face wins the title off of Roode[maybe after Storm wins and has a longer reign this time].

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back