• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Spin Cycle: Borderline Racist?

Meh, it just seemed like nobody was completely clear on whether this was a work or a shoot. Half of the time, Bubba seems to just be playing his heel character, even going so far as to trash Devon. It's possible Rosita was taking it seriously, but I'm not sure if it was warranted. I'm not even really sure if Rosita is Mexican; Sarita at least is Canadian, and Hernandez and Anarchia I believe are Puerto Rican. It really just seems as though the guys were acting in character, with James Storm sort of just playing along, and Rosita being the only one to take the whole thing seriously. Mind you, I wouldn't be particularly surprised to learn that Bubba was intentionally being a douchebag, because he does have a reputation for that sort of thing. But I wouldn't take this particular video seriously regardless.

It's an unfortunate circumstance of our society as a whole. People today are far more rude than in times past, seem unconcerned about others, and a lot of these folks seem to focus only on themselves and 'what's in it for them' showing little regard for those around them.

It's unfortunate but it doesn't mean we have to act the same way. We as individuals can still set those good examples and hopefully influence others.

Again i agree, but you can't blame people for the way they act. The economy in the US is shitty, in Canada where i live its ok but still not perfect so people will blame anything on anyone. Society as a whole is in a massive black hole.

Again i agree, but you can't blame people for the way they act. The economy in the US is shitty, in Canada where i live its ok but still not perfect so people will blame anything on anyone. Society as a whole is in a massive black hole.

I'm just not sure when all of this started to happen. It's sad to me that people in this world can't be more polite and above board when dealing with each other.

I know that for me it's changed my outlook on how people do business these days. (getting off track a bit here) So it's made me re-evaluate what's important to me in life. For me, it's family first, then business. For some that I know, it's the opposite and it's certainly their right to make that choice. But there's no question what their choice is if you know what I'm saying.

Awesome, ANOTHER bash TNA thread. These never go outa style. So to recap, the following is acceptable:

Toothless, sweaty, overweight Australian living in the outback(Outback Jack)
Savage Samoans eating raw fish at ringside(Headshrinkers, Wild Samoans)
Using a Canadian flag to whipe ones rearend or blow ones nose on(DX)
A Black Panther knockoff stable(NOD)
Italian American cheats who steal other peoples stuff(Johnny The Bull/Nunzio)
Cuban drug dealers(Razor Ramone)
Black males dressing as gangsters and selling stolen merchandise(Cryme Tyme)
A black male dressed as an African savage(Kamala, Samba Simba)
Toothless hillbillies(The Godwins, Uncle Zeb, Bradshaw)
Goosestepping while giving a Nazi salute(Bradshaw)
Chasing illegals across the border(Bradshaw again)
An American portraying a goofy Sicilian jobber who is the butt of everyones jokes(Sal Sincere, Santino)
Mexicans dressed as janitors while riding lawnmowers(That gay stable a decade ago)
A chicano portrayed as a lying, stealing thieve from Mexico(Eddie Guerrero)
A black man as a pimp(The Godfather)
Another Italian American portraying an Arab terrorist(Hassan)
Another black American portraying a stereotypical Jamaican(Kofi Kingston)
An Arab American being portrayed as a stereotypical Muslim(Tiger Jeet Singh)
A black male must rap and act gangsta, obviously(R-Truth, Cryme Tyme, Mable)
Portraying a white farmboy as a stuttering moron(Matt Morgan)
A modern Native American obviously runs around in a headdress and leather pants shrieking and doing wardances(Tatanka)
Wealthy white males with silent black male servants(Dibiase and Virgil)
If you're an overweight southerner? Clearly you gotta be an unintelligent redneck chewing tobacco at all times(Trevor Murdoch)
From Scottland you say? Here's a kilt, now grow a beard and long hair, you're a stereotype(The Highlanders)
You're a little person? Here's a leprechaun costume(Hornswoggle)
More southerners? Here, be mullet sporting Cowboys(The Smoking Gunns)
Russian? Cool, even though the Cold War ended two decades ago you're a stereotypical communist Russian(Kozlov)
Iranian? Desert Storm? You're now an evil Iraqi Muslim, Shieky baby(Iron Shiek and his manager)
Black tag team? We'll institute affirmative action and you win by a 1 count(The Gangstas in SWM, one of the IWC loverboy Jim Cornettes BRILLIANT idea)

What you must NEVER, EVER do, what ISN'T acceptable under ANY circumstances-
Using the same types of jokes Carlos Mencia, Cheech Marin and many others have made a career out of using. That's over the line brother, you've gone too far. :rolleyes:

Again, if you'd like to critique the work of WWE, please feel free to start an appropriate thread. This is about something TNA did. Offer your view on that if you'd like but please refrain from changing the subject.

Awesome, ANOTHER bash TNA thread. These never go outa style. So to recap, the following is acceptable:

Toothless, sweaty, overweight Australian living in the outback(Outback Jack)
Savage Samoans eating raw fish at ringside(Headshrinkers, Wild Samoans)
Using a Canadian flag to whipe ones rearend or blow ones nose on(DX)
A Black Panther knockoff stable(NOD)
Italian American cheats who steal other peoples stuff(Johnny The Bull/Nunzio)
Cuban drug dealers(Razor Ramone)
Black males dressing as gangsters and selling stolen merchandise(Cryme Tyme)
A black male dressed as an African savage(Kamala, Samba Simba)
Toothless hillbillies(The Godwins, Uncle Zeb, Bradshaw)
Goosestepping while giving a Nazi salute(Bradshaw)
Chasing illegals across the border(Bradshaw again)
An American portraying a goofy Sicilian jobber who is the butt of everyones jokes(Sal Sincere, Santino)
Mexicans dressed as janitors while riding lawnmowers(That gay stable a decade ago)
A chicano portrayed as a lying, stealing thieve from Mexico(Eddie Guerrero)
A black man as a pimp(The Godfather)
Another Italian American portraying an Arab terrorist(Hassan)
Another black American portraying a stereotypical Jamaican(Kofi Kingston)
An Arab American being portrayed as a stereotypical Muslim(Tiger Jeet Singh)
A black male must rap and act gangsta, obviously(R-Truth, Cryme Tyme, Mable)
Portraying a white farmboy as a stuttering moron(Matt Morgan)
A modern Native American obviously runs around in a headdress and leather pants shrieking and doing wardances(Tatanka)
Wealthy white males with silent black male servants(Dibiase and Virgil)
If you're an overweight southerner? Clearly you gotta be an unintelligent redneck chewing tobacco at all times(Trevor Murdoch)
From Scottland you say? Here's a kilt, now grow a beard and long hair, you're a stereotype(The Highlanders)
You're a little person? Here's a leprechaun costume(Hornswoggle)
More southerners? Here, be mullet sporting Cowboys(The Smoking Gunns)
Russian? Cool, even though the Cold War ended two decades ago you're a stereotypical communist Russian(Kozlov)
Iranian? Desert Storm? You're now an evil Iraqi Muslim, Shieky baby(Iron Shiek and his manager)
Black tag team? We'll institute affirmative action and you win by a 1 count(The Gangstas in SWM, one of the IWC loverboy Jim Cornettes BRILLIANT idea)

What you must NEVER, EVER do, what ISN'T acceptable under ANY circumstances-
Using the same types of jokes Carlos Mencia, Cheech Marin and many others have made a career out of using. That's over the line brother, you've gone too far. :rolleyes:

This is not a WWE vs TNA debate. This is a debate about what is acceptable or not in wrestling. If you use negative stereotypes about gender or race, its not good no matter the company you work for. Are people too sensitive? Maybe , but its better to say something is wrong than to do nothing and watch.

This is not a WWE vs TNA debate. This is a debate about what is acceptable or not in wrestling. If you use negative stereotypes about gender or race, its not good no matter the company you work for. Are people too sensitive? Maybe , but its better to say something is wrong than to do nothing and watch.

I recently saw a biography special on Hulk Hogan where apparently he had recently found solice in religion. It showed him attending church services (bandana, shades and all), singing and clapping during the choir singing, and talking about how he needed this as a part of his life. Yet, we're supposed to believe this is a real aspect of his life as he curses on national tv, weilding steel pipes, and selling sex, violence, and storylines that include not only 'fake' waste being used, but also in stereotypical racism and homophobia?

It's difficult to take the guy seriously not only as a person but even as a character anymore because for me he's so blurred the lines that we no longer know what's real with him and what isn't.

Now maybe I'm overthinking it, but from the perspective of being able to respect someone for their talents and the work they do, for me, that ship sailed long ago concerning Hogan. I see him now as someone far past his physical prime who can't let go and needs the money and not as someone truly passionate about the business he's involved in and trying to make it better.

Were it me, and I had been Hogan after the release of this particular episode of "Spin Cycle", I would have immediately distanced myself from it and released a statement saying that the views expressed in no way reflect the views and values of TNA the organization.

But it IS a WWE v.s. TNA debate considering several of the people whining about TNA have spent the last several days in this subforum blowing their loads over McMahons garbage. On one hand we have a guy who for three decades has placed the race and homophobic card, insulting countless groupings of people. On the other we have two guys razzing a girl about being Mexican.

Either it is all okay or none of it is. Since this makes TNA the great satan and worthy of boycott and wrong i'll be waiting for the thread calling out the "E" for doing the same thing for decades.

But it IS a WWE v.s. TNA debate considering several of the people whining about TNA have spent the last several days in this subforum blowing their loads over McMahons garbage. On one hand we have a guy who for three decades has placed the race and homophobic card, insulting countless groupings of people. On the other we have two guys razzing a girl about being Mexican.

Either it is all okay or none of it is. Since this makes TNA the great satan and worthy of boycott and wrong i'll be waiting for the thread calling out the "E" for doing the same thing for decades.
See you in ... never?

Another thing that we should take into consideration is that Spin Cycle is a YouTube show. Maybe it aired on Xplosion, and that show isn't viewed by the masses, PLUS it was all jokes and nothing meant to be offensive.

Why are people acting like saints .. AGAIN? Did we just forget that there are other shows out there that are racist EVERY week like "Family Guy" for example? Are the WWE fans on these forums really bothered by this but not by McMahon ravaging races and sexes of all kinds for decades, not on YouTube but his flagship show on multiple occasions? What's wrong with you people?

It's not racism, it's just plain stupid.

It's also just pathetic what goes on in this company. So, a guy goes on new's network's and is praised for being a great ambassador for R.A.I.N.N. a anti sexual abuse/rape group. Then, the same week they have Robert Roode say "I gonna get you wife drunk and spend some time with her while you watch." And also the Bully Ray promo.

It's like they don't give a fuck anymore.

Sorry, but I think you folks must be watching another clip.

Everything, EVERY.THING. was in character. At one point you can even see Rosita trying not to laugh!

Racist? No.
Bad acting? Certainly.

And Matt...

It's "Couldn't"...you COULD'NT care less. It's not "could care less" because that means you already care abit.

Americans! Butchering the ENGLISH language as usual.

See, anything can be made 'racist' if you try really hard.

Outside of the current storyline they're running through she's actually signed to a contract with TNAwrestling. So her appearing on Spin cycling was her being contracted by the company. In storyline, she's not under contract along with Jackie and it appears that they're currently working a storyline where they get their jobs back by Eric Bischoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back