IMPACT Wrestling for 08.01.13 is from Wichita, Texas! Who is #August1Warning?

So here's whats probably gonna happen.

Tito joins Aces and Eights, and enters the 5 on 5 match. Tito gets defeated (probably in a shady way so he saves face) and leaves TNA for good.

I don't mind them bringing in Tito Ortiz, although his value is vastly diminished compared to 5 years ago (or 10 years ago too). Rampage has more value because of A-Team (more mainstream recognition) but Ortiz has recognition. Having the 2 is a big deal too, since they do have a history and they could have a TNA bout sooner then they could if they weren't facing each other. Maybe they have a TNA fight before the Bellator fight (I hope they do, even if it ends in a double DQ, just to get some publicity).

Also, with both Tito and Rampage, it's conceivable that BELATOR will hype up TNA too in the buildup for the Tito/Rampage fight.

If he joins A&8 (which I would put money against) and both he and Rampage participate in the 5 on 5 then I consider everything perfectly fine. It'll make good use of them and add some intrigue.

I don't think a cross promotion guy joins a heel stable in these circumstances though.

What I hope is that they end up packaging the PPVs together. Not the same show but a 2 for the price of 1.2 type of thing.

Swerve, it is actually LWO and Rey will be here next week.

If he joins A&8 (which I would put money against) and both he and Rampage participate in the 5 on 5 then I consider everything perfectly fine. It'll make good use of them and add some intrigue.

I don't think a cross promotion guy joins a heel stable in these circumstances though.
actually with Ortiz it could work. He's always came off as a villain in MMA. Some like him some hate him.

I really don't think it's up to TNA on whether they put the MMA guys on the show or not. I think it's Spike TV that tells TNA to do it and so they do it. Spike wants to promote Bellator and try to attract more of an audience to it, and their way of doing it is by promoting it on TNA.

Think of it on WWE. USA Network wants the McMahons on TV more to try to increase ratings, and guess what Vince appears on a lot more episodes. When the network wants you to do something you do it.

What I hope is that they end up packaging the PPVs together. Not the same show but a 2 for the price of 1.2 type of thing.

Swerve, it is actually LWO and Rey will be here next week.

God, I wish. Legt ME guy, a ton of dudes he could work AWESOME programs with, and he coud do all the steroids and pain killers he wants.

I really don't think it's up to TNA on whether they put the MMA guys on the show or not. I think it's Spike TV that tells TNA to do it and so they do it. Spike wants to promote Bellator and try to attract more of an audience to it, and their way of doing it is by promoting it on TNA.

Think of it on WWE. USA Network wants the McMahons on TV more to try to increase ratings, and guess what Vince appears on a lot more episodes. When the network wants you to do something you do it.

Essentially true, which is another reason I'm reluctant to find fault with this. TNA is basically Spike TV's most reliable ratings draw. Spike lost a lot of traffic when they lost UFC, and they're trying really hard to get Bellator to fill the void.
TNA is the best cross promotion option that Spike have, and consenting to spend a little time plugging Bellator further improves TNA's standing with the network and gives them additional leverage in negotiations. Since Spike has historically done things such as giving TNA money to employ Sting - I see this as a positive.

Was Jenna Jameson there?

Do Rampage or Ortiz even fight MMA style any more?

It sounds like a nice surprise and may make for an intriguing story. Better than the same old shit. Did people want Chris Masters or John Morrison to shock the world?

Deep down, towards the end, I was secretly hoping for the big reveal to be D-Low Brown - just to see the world's reaction.

Deep down, towards the end, I was secretly hoping for the big reveal to be D-Low Brown - just to see the world's reaction.

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

I was hoping Holly made a cameo earlier in the show so people went apeshit before the real reveal. Not getting this is probably the first time I noticed the effect of budget cuts.

Interesting stat for those who think that Sabin beating Bully defies logic, Ortiz is the same weight as Sabin... could he beat Bully?

Hi ho... now for the real reveal - bring on the new member(s)...

Look no further dawg.

As for Ortiz, I see him as a wild card of sorts, but him and Rampage are on a collision course, no doubt.

I think some people are being too quick to condemn this reveal as a failure and a disappointment. It isn't fair to lambast TNA for a storyline or a direction before it even gets started. I think we should all at least give it a couple of weeks before we concede this point.

Who knows, maybe some cross promotion between TNA and Bellator can be mutually beneficial. Maybe fans of TNA are more interested than some people think in promoting athletes from a totally different organization and genre. Maybe more people realize who Ortiz is than we think. And maybe Bellator, in its own struggle for legitimacy, will go over and above to promote a professional wrestling organization such as TNA. After all, when Tyson was affiliated with WWE back in 1998, talk of World Wrestling Entertainment ran wild through the world of professional boxing.

Let's all be patient and let it all develop. After all, TNA has never let us down before.

I think the biggest problem I have is the way TNA brought Tito in. Why do all the #August1Warning stuff if its just someone who is going to be here for a couple weeks and probably after Hardcore Justice disappear forever?

I think it would have been better to actually have a wrestler that will stay for the long run behind the promo and have Tito appear on the show a different way. Maybe something where Aces and 8's and MEM got into the fight have Tito come out of nowhere and attack Rampage instead of just coming out and staring.

I think the biggest problem I have is the way TNA brought Tito in. Why do all the #August1Warning stuff if its just someone who is going to be here for a couple weeks and probably after Hardcore Justice disappear forever?

I think it would have been better to actually have a wrestler that will stay for the long run behind the promo and have Tito appear on the show a different way. Maybe something where Aces and 8's and MEM got into the fight have Tito come out of nowhere and attack Rampage instead of just coming out and staring.

It was lackluster but it was designed to entice you to tune in and see what happens next. For anyone that doesn't follow wrestling on the internet this august 1 thing started and ended on this show, hardly a long building promo.

It was lackluster but it was designed to entice you to tune in and see what happens next. For anyone that doesn't follow wrestling on the internet this august 1 thing started and ended on this show, hardly a long building promo.

Ya, I understand it worked. A lot of people who don't normally watch did indeed watch, but even for a one night thing it was anticlimactic. If TNA/Spike wanted to build up the Bellator match I think if Ortiz came out and actually attacked Rampage it would have gotten a lot more publicity.

Also in case people forget, Ortiz has been in TNA before. He refereed the main event of.............Hard Justice 05?

Yep, Styles vs Jarrett which ended Jeff's too long of a run with the belt, only to have Raven take it the next month then drop it back to Jeff before TNA first premiered on Spike which led to the debut of Team 3D and return of Nash and Tito to TNA for Nash vs Jarrett at the first BFG with Tito as referee again. This concludes the history lesson for tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back