• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is Behind #August1Warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the picture is a ruse as well. Two recnet departs have issues that need resolving: 1: Doc. He could be peeved about missing out on the vps job & might turn on the Aces & Eights.
However the video did say they are on their own so maybe its Matt Morgan returning to finish his business?

As a precursor, let me just say that I would have Low-Ki and DOC (Twitter still @ImpactDOC) as my two favorites and I would have no problem with either and both guys tie in with the messages too. 'Sparkplug' Bob 'Hardcore' Holly - UGH! Outside bet as most people have no idea about the 'One Night Only' cameo but, and I hate to say this, a possibility with the 'Hardcore Justice' special upcoming... and I suppose it would be bearable as long as he returned from whence he came post 'HJ'!

Now, for the fun part... This is the longest of long longshots but for some reason I just can't get this guy out of my head...

mqdefault.jpg

Problem that needs solving... personal justice... Hogan!
I am not more than one... OWN!
Baldy... see spoiler!
Obscure rambling messages... check!

Like I say - a real longshot but what a kick to Vince's nuts after the 'WWe 2k14' adverts and he just might have a bigger chip about his WWe DVD biography than he has against the Hulkster.

I don't believe anybody would put money on this if the odds were 1000-1 but it would fit in and what, just what if...

Okay let's handicap all of the options I've seen floating around...

First to fit the bill this needs to be a wrestler who is not contracted in any way currently to Spike or TNA. And, unless they are intentionally swerving us with the silhouette it needs to be someone bald or with hair short enough to pass for bald in "shadow". Having an easily explainable grudge with the company is a plus, but not a requirement as anything could be made up as motive.

With that said, here are the likeliest options(in order):

Low Ki
kaval001_display_image.jpg

He fits the look in the video perhaps better than anyone else. He has history with the company, and a motive could easily be created. He fits with Dixie's desire to bring back past X-stars. He is not contracted anywhere and would surely return to TNA if the money was right. He would no doubt upgrade the roster.

What's working against him? He's a reported locker room cancer, and a guy who burns bridges as a pastime. Would the money required to sign him be worth the headache?

D.O.C.
Poderoso-D.O.C.png

Bald? Check. Currently not contacted to TNA? Check. Logical vendetta? Check. He seems to fit the bill, and TNA clearly didn't get as much out of him as they should have. There is still a lot there to give, and something interesting could easily be set in motion.

What's working against him? This seems rushed and elaborate if DOC ends up being the guy. But not out of the realm of highly possible either. Its easy to imagine talks have continued between the sides, and perhaps with Pritchard out of the way contract negotiations could have leaped forward. Bischoff is reportedly a fan of his, and we have heard that there were plans in the works for his character. It seems not much is stopping him from being the reveal.

Bob Holly
Bob_promo.jpg

He also strongly fits the look of the man in the video. He recently worked a show for TNA, at a ONO PPV taping earlier in he year. He too is a free agent.

What's working against him? Father time. No clear motives or history with the company. What could he really bring to the current product?

"Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce
PearceTNA.jpg

Pearce is bald, and along with D.O.C. probably has the most logical vendetta against the company. He was screwed over in his Gutcheck opportunity, despite coming out victorious. He is clearly on the company's radar and isn't signed to TNA or any other promotion. He is a solid veteran hand who could help out any wrestling company, but at this point probably will never really be a star on the national level. He is a former head booker for ROH and could really offer a lot backstage.

What's working against him? From an exposure perspective Pearce probably isn't worthy of this type of hype, and short of Bob Holly he would be perhaps the most disappointing choice given the possibilities. With that said, he's a younger and better worker than Holly and still has something to give. despite it being logical, It's tough to imagine him being the man in this role.

Davey Richards
Davey_Richards_4-397x600.png

While not completely bald, Davey's head fits the silhouette. Davey gave an interview a couple months back claiming to be in talks with both the WWE and TNA, and of the two, TNA seems the more likely fit. If TNA wants to show they're serious about finding the best talent and upgrading the roster, then Davey is an excellent choice as he's arguably as good between the ropes as anyone not signed to the "Big 2". Getting Richards instead of seeing him added to the WWE's glut of riches would be huge for TNA, and he would instantly restore credibility to the X-division in the same way that Aries did. Richard's belief that he is the industry's best performer, yet has been overlooked by the larger national promotions could be his reasoning for his "vendetta". He also isn't booked as part of ROH's title tournament, leaving him free to be removed from their story structure after ASE V.

What's working against him? When will Davey be a free agent? He is reportedly done with his contract as of the day of this event, making him perfect to be the August1 reveal, but he is also booked for a tag title match at ROH's All Star Extravaganza V show on 8/3. Did he sign on simply to make that his last appearance? That could explain how he could show up on Impact Thursday without being a contracted TNA/Spike worker. Also Davey claimed he and his American Wolves partner Eddie Edwards were both in discussions. Is it possible Eddie is signing up North without Davey? Or was TNA perhaps not interested in Edwards? There is a lot up in the air about whether Richards is even available to be the guy in this spot.

That's my assessment of the five most likely choices. Personally, if I were guessing, I'd say Low Ki will be the reveal on Impact. He is also in my opinion the best option of the likely choices, so that could be wishful thinking. But given his history with the company I think he could step right in and really do great work and fit with the direction the company should be looking to go following the recent cuts and the success of Dest-X.

Richards would be my second choice, but again, I'm an admitted mark for the guy. Pearce just doesn't seem like a big enough reveal to be worth this kind of mystery, even though he would make a lot of sense. D.O.C. makes perhaps the most sense, and I could definitely get behind it being him. As for Holly? Well, please let it be anyone but Holly, he would be a huge step back for the current landscape of TNA.

Might be Scott Steiner. He had a big problem with TNA and has been seen with a shaved head recently.

It's Pearce. Read the latest article on the WZ page "How many days until August 1st?". Way to spoil it and seem like a dumbass who can't count.

I don't like Pearce. He looks average, he seems skilled but overall he's sucky.

It's TNA folks, don't be surprised if no one debuts this Thursday and that down the line they debut a guy named August First....

Seriously though, I'd like it to be Low Ki or Shelley coming to give Sabin a couple of great matches and wins leading into his likely loss of the title at HJ.

to speculate more on DOC. before his "release" there was apparently talk of him having a face turn. something I thought would be stupid since I think his look/style fits more of a heel.
use that in with this and the "release" was maybe work.

I'm guessing Adam Pierce (sp?) but if I'm not mistaken didn't the person so something about not being able to guess who they are? My phone is a piece of shit but I'm sure I heard something to that affect. Now if this was wwe my first thought would've been either Goldberg or Batista but we all know that ain't happening in TNA so I'm sticking with Pierce with either LowKi or Bob Holly in second.

When I saw the title of the article on the main page and remembered the bald silhouette/shadow shown in the video, Adam Pearce is the guy that sprung to mind.

Personally, I didn't find Pearce at all impressive during his Gut Check match. Everything about him from his look to his presence to what we saw in the ring screamed "average". So if it does turn out to be Pearce, it's one bandwagon I'm not jumping on.

As far as it potentially being DOC, can't say that I especially care. DOC has spent his entire time in TNA in the general role of a low level lackey, so there's been no reason to be excited or interested if it is him. If it's him then, to me, his initial presence will probably be used as a means of keeping the never ending story of professional wrestling, AKA Aces & Eights, going a bit longer.

Whoever it is, I'm glad to see that TNA hasn't hyped the living crap out of it. You know, Dixie isn't calling it a "big surprise", it's not being built as something that will "rock the very foundation of professional wrestling" or some other nonsense. If the debut/reveal turns out to be lackluster, then at least the letdown won't feel so epic.

I'm throwing out Jason Wayne from down in OVW. He is bald and has a similar inflection in his speech. But, he's really, really green. It wouldn't surprise me though.

Davey would be good. Please no Holly or Kaval. I can live with a returning Doc. Pearce doesn't excite me at all.

Any chance it's Jay Briscoe?

does it mean anything that this was not aired on Impact at all before the show it will happen. no build up except online. your casual viewers who don't follow wrestling on the internet will have no clue that something new will be happening on this weeks show.
wouldn't it have been better for TNA to have played this on air at least once? wouldn't that have helped towards ratings?
does that mean it's more so someone lesser known rather than someone everyone will know (Holly?).

you're all worng. it's jericho. he's leaving wwe, he's had this type of mystery promo dozens of times when he sadly shows up. just because they show an outline in a video doesn't mean it's the guy who is coming in. even with aces n 8's they pulled this crap trying to mislead people. and jericho is the only one who might have some imediate ratings/buyrate impact for tna.

frankly I don't care who it is. nothing they do and no one they bring in will have the impact/affect they want or need. they need to stop trying for a one time spike in ratings and go back to basics and start to slow down and climb their way up instead of jumping too hard and falling on their faces the way they have been doing. no one person or group of persons will immediately turn them into a huge popculture phenom and ratings darling overnight. time to start telling good stories and keep the great in ring work their talent is capable of. they need to stop viewing this a a 100metre dash and start looking at it like a marathon. pace yourselves, plan ahead and conserve energy while slowly closing in on the leaders and then shoot up with a rush.

If it's Adam Pearce, I'm perfectly fine with it. Fact is, the quotes from the video and the tweets are enough for me to enjoy this because this isn't another stable. It's one guy, with one goal. Pearce returning, angry for being let go of over Magno, who was fucking horrid, would be a perfectly acceptable spring board.

Jericho enjoys the spotlight, it won't be him. He's not going to go wrestle in the minor leagues when Vince has been so willing to accommodate his schedule. He's going to go tour with Fozzy and come back sometimes before the Rumble.

In the midst of TNA releasing a shit load of people, am I the only one who thinks that them bringing in someone new, some one not already on the roster is kinda stupid? Bringing in a new guy now when you've been letting people go left & right for the past few weeks because you're trying to cut cost just seems kinda dumb. I think them taking somebody they still have on the roster but have not used much lately would make much more sense. All that said I really don't know who it could be, maybe King Mo, or Rob Terry, both are already on the roster & we haven't seen either in awhile.

Best case scenario is it is Low Ki.

Guy can be anything he wants in the wrestling business as far as I'm concerned. There is nothing completely like his style on TV today, bits and pieces in other wrestlers, but theirs no complete Low Ki.

The matches he could have with half of the TNA Roster would be amazing.

Roxxi is pissed

In the midst of TNA releasing a shit load of people, am I the only one who thinks that them bringing in someone new, some one not already on the roster is kinda stupid?

Judging by the comments, no. However, such a view is a massive oversimplification of all the factors involved here. Probably most notably that those released had guaranteed pay beyond just per appearance. Also, most of them weren't doing much of anything on tv anyway. I'd actually argue that the chicken little nonsense is out of control enough that it is reasonable to show that they are capable of spending money.

new video..

[youtube]CaW1KORI2Nc[/youtube]

the voice says he is not Dave Batista. the voice says if they threw down he(Batista) would lose. strong words.
what impact does it have throwing in such a name like Batista.

In the midst of TNA releasing a shit load of people, am I the only one who thinks that them bringing in someone new, some one not already on the roster is kinda stupid? Bringing in a new guy now when you've been letting people go left & right for the past few weeks because you're trying to cut cost just seems kinda dumb. I think them taking somebody they still have on the roster but have not used much lately would make much more sense. All that said I really don't know who it could be, maybe King Mo, or Rob Terry, both are already on the roster & we haven't seen either in awhile.

Oh it's stupid and dumb to refresh the roster? This is what Dixie said was going to happen, Just because you and so many others decided to follow internet gossip like sheep and not pay attention to what she said, Makes you the fool.

And what happen to Dixie being too nice? A couple years ago people were kissing Paul Heymans ass when he said Dixie was too nice and that she wouldn't fire people. Now she's firing people and people are now calling her dirty and saying Tna is about to fold! Funny how shit changes isn't it?

Hmmmmm? I keep think its Matt Morgan returning? He had a storyline going where he thought he was hard done by by Hogan & TNA for not getting title shots? Justice? He certainly big enough physically to potentially beat Batisa? I was thinking DOC too, but I now don't think so. More inclined to Morgan.
Though that guys head does look a bit like Jay Briscoes's?

With the mention, specifically, of Dave Bautista, my guess shot directly to Bobby Lashley. Certainly fits the bald and big ears silo theme.

20090629065045_lashley.JPG

He's worked for TNA in the past, so there's at least some connection there, though it'd be a brand new angle, I'd imagine, since he has no specific feud to come back to. Last guy who he was even mildly feuding with was Bischoff, when Bischoff was still GM.

I think it's Bobby Lashley. My money's on Lashley. The mystery man referred to Dave Batista, another wrestler who got involved in MMA. Lashley has been more successful at MMA, and that connection makes at least a bit of sense with his claim against Batista. I also think its Lashley for a combination of things: He's been in TNA before and could easily return. The recent signings and involvement of other MMA fighters who are crossing over with TNA wrestling, not to mention the network between Spike. Maybe Lashley is willing to come back to TNA and get involved in wrestling, while also trying to expand his MMA career by trying to get into Bellator, a larger company then he's been in in the past with his MMA career.

He even clearly fits the silhouette in the videos.

It's definitely Lashley, for me.

It could be someone who has just shaved their head and is going for a new look, I mean it could be somebody else and Low-Ki could be the voice just like they did with the whole 'video-game' Suicide. It was Christopher Daniels & Kaz under the mask but Low-Ki provided the voice.

I believe that it is going to be none other than, Jeff Jarrett. I know that it is out there, but he could have shaved his head, got Low-Ki to do the voice, and bob is your uncle. Well hopefully, Bob Holly isn't your Uncle, because if it is him, then TNA have definitely went downhill there.

Its is interesting tio note that TNA report that Jarrett ws at TNA HQ talking to the Great Muta......so suddenly hes back ont he scene...? Maybe you're right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back