• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

I know this should be a safe haven to post unpopular opinions, but I can't help but feel like I'm going to get flamed to hell anyways for mine.

HHH is the worst thing to happen to pro-wrestling, second only to Chris Benoit.
This is the coat-tail rider from hell. HHH is a no-talent, not funny, brown noser. First he's with Perfect, then he's with HBK, then he's feuding with Austin, Rock, Foley, Taker, you name it. Did he ever face off against no-names to make a name for himself or did he always have someone pulling him along? Then he gets to be a big name, and can he carry a match on his own? Hell no he can't, but he exemplifies everything the WWE is supposed to be because he's the world champ and popular for doing nothing on his own. He might as well be Paris Hilton or a Kardashian. Then he marries the bosses daughter and come on, this just get's to be ridiculous. How can anyone respect this guy... unless you compare him to Benoit.

Benoit did everything but put the final nail in the coffin for Pro-Wrestling with his dumbass stunt. One of the top guys in pro-wrestling and that's when it finds out he's violating an already loose drug policy, and because of his choice to use roids he suffers the well known consequences, and murders his wife and child before killing himself. Sorry, but that's just a miserable excuse for a human being, and we as pro-wrestling fans should be thankful he didn't succeed in driving away all the sponsors and get Raw canceled from USA.

John Cena is a good wrestler.
Have you seen what this guy can do? He's got just about every move there is under his belt. Just because he doesn't use every single move and just uses a few to build up the climax of his matches doesn't mean he's bad. Cena is really pretty good.

Stone Cold was gimmick only redneck morons or the drunk could like.
WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAT!? ... STFU already you drunken moron. Next time you decide to cut a great promo, don't act like an idiot or bury a legend. Jake the Snake should have DDT'ed your ugly mug right through the mat.

Hulk Hogan is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
20 years past his prime and this guy still makes millions for who ever he touches. Beat that Austin, oh, right, your drawing ability has dropped far below where Hogan was at the same age. Maybe you should shockingly turn face... oh right, you can't do that either, one trick pony. Bret Hart can eat his heart out, he'll never be the draw to compare to the legend of Hulkamania.

CM Punk is average.
He may be good for today's standards, but he's got nothing on a graduate of the Hart Dungeon, or Angle or Perfect.

Karma f**ked Owen Hart over 10 fold, but notice that no one ever broke Austin's neck again?
Yeah, sounds terrible, but until Owen died, I couldn't help but think the guy was a jerk. Owen 3:16 says I just broke your neck, and then comes the fall. What kind of f**ked up karma is that? As horrified as I was, at the same time I was thinking to myself, damn this is just what I was thinking he deserved for what he did to Austin.

John Morrison won't get pushed because he looks like a f*g.
Come on, like you haven't thought the same thing. This guy needs a new gimmick and fast, that slow motion, hair blowing in the wind with pink sparkles behind him is like something from a Chipendales show. BTW hope your wife never goes and takes video to show you... not a fan, but it does remind me of John Morrison.

I think Randy Orton is in the closet.
Why does he cut so many promos rubbing his chest all over other wrestlers? Why does he wrestle with a hard-on so often? Why is he always looking at someone's package while he's cutting a promo face to face? Seriously dude, eye contact!

I hope Savage DID f**k Stephanie.
OK this one is a double edged sword. I would lose respect for him in some ways knowing this was true, because dude, not cool. But at the same time, HA! Suck it Vince! And now you have to induct this guy into the HoF because otherwise the s**t's going to hit the fan.

Wow... that feels good to get that off my chest. I feel like I'm trolling, but fact is I'll go to bat for any one of those statements (well I guess I have mixed feelings about the last one). Man I do feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, keeping that in for so long. It's like therapy.

CM Punk isnt nearly as good as everyone says and neither is his storyline...

The guy who three months ago was hardly anything is the most popular superstar on the roster, and its quite undeserving. His in ring work isnt anything wow worthy, hes not the best promo cutter ever, and the logic behind a guy who was a former world champion and a rising star saying that hes being misused is ridiculous. Whats more ridiculous is that his fan base supports a guy who would've been more than happy to walk out on them despite some very generous offers from the WWE. The whole storyline is an inside joke and every RAW ends with a long promo between Punk and Cena.

while I'm at it.... Daniel Bryan isnt as good as everyone says either

Hes bland, lacks personality, isnt that impressive in the ring (no, kicks dont make me mark out), and lacks any physical presence.

I know this should be a safe haven to post unpopular opinions, but I can't help but feel like I'm going to get flamed to hell anyways for mine.

This is the coat-tail rider from hell. HHH is a no-talent, not funny, brown noser. First he's with Perfect, then he's with HBK, then he's feuding with Austin, Rock, Foley, Taker, you name it. Did he ever face off against no-names to make a name for himself or did he always have someone pulling him along? Then he gets to be a big name, and can he carry a match on his own? Hell no he can't, but he exemplifies everything the WWE is supposed to be because he's the world champ and popular for doing nothing on his own. He might as well be Paris Hilton or a Kardashian. Then he marries the bosses daughter and come on, this just get's to be ridiculous. How can anyone respect this guy... unless you compare him to Benoit.

Benoit did everything but put the final nail in the coffin for Pro-Wrestling with his dumbass stunt. One of the top guys in pro-wrestling and that's when it finds out he's violating an already loose drug policy, and because of his choice to use roids he suffers the well known consequences, and murders his wife and child before killing himself. Sorry, but that's just a miserable excuse for a human being, and we as pro-wrestling fans should be thankful he didn't succeed in driving away all the sponsors and get Raw canceled from USA.

Have you seen what this guy can do? He's got just about every move there is under his belt. Just because he doesn't use every single move and just uses a few to build up the climax of his matches doesn't mean he's bad. Cena is really pretty good.

WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAT!? ... STFU already you drunken moron. Next time you decide to cut a great promo, don't act like an idiot or bury a legend. Jake the Snake should have DDT'ed your ugly mug right through the mat.

Hulk Hogan is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
20 years past his prime and this guy still makes millions for who ever he touches. Beat that Austin, oh, right, your drawing ability has dropped far below where Hogan was at the same age. Maybe you should shockingly turn face... oh right, you can't do that either, one trick pony. Bret Hart can eat his heart out, he'll never be the draw to compare to the legend of Hulkamania.

CM Punk is average.
He may be good for today's standards, but he's got nothing on a graduate of the Hart Dungeon, or Angle or Perfect.

Karma f**ked Owen Hart over 10 fold, but notice that no one ever broke Austin's neck again?
Yeah, sounds terrible, but until Owen died, I couldn't help but think the guy was a jerk. Owen 3:16 says I just broke your neck, and then comes the fall. What kind of f**ked up karma is that? As horrified as I was, at the same time I was thinking to myself, damn this is just what I was thinking he deserved for what he did to Austin.

Come on, like you haven't thought the same thing. This guy needs a new gimmick and fast, that slow motion, hair blowing in the wind with pink sparkles behind him is like something from a Chipendales show. BTW hope your wife never goes and takes video to show you... not a fan, but it does remind me of John Morrison.

Why does he cut so many promos rubbing his chest all over other wrestlers? Why does he wrestle with a hard-on so often? Why is he always looking at someone's package while he's cutting a promo face to face? Seriously dude, eye contact!

OK this one is a double edged sword. I would lose respect for him in some ways knowing this was true, because dude, not cool. But at the same time, HA! Suck it Vince! And now you have to induct this guy into the HoF because otherwise the s**t's going to hit the fan.

Wow... that feels good to get that off my chest. I feel like I'm trolling, but fact is I'll go to bat for any one of those statements (well I guess I have mixed feelings about the last one). Man I do feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, keeping that in for so long. It's like therapy.

It wasn't roid rage that caused Benoit to kill his family, it was brain damage from the style he wrestled. the murders were apparently hours apart and required much though. You don't do that in a rage. If he had beaten both to death, then maybe it was rage. strangling your wife with a chord, placing a bible next to her, then going to a different part of the house and smothering your child with a pillow and placing a bible next to him. sending out text messages, then hanging yourself, all over the course of 2 days if I recall isn't rage, it's insanity.

I think your opinion of benoit hurting pro wrestling is true though, even if it wasn't because of roids.

Before I even give mine I will remind people that I have four months until until my 2 year anniversey of watching my first wrestling match. I only say that because I'm not going to get a good rep for this one:

Heath Slater should not be dropped.

For all those who are about to start disapproving hear me out. The entire roster of Season 1 NXT Rookies were made up of pretty much some of the best talent in FCW. They were brought up here to become future stars. I admit, Heath isn't exactly the best of them but he's good. He's not completely hopeless. I say just send him back to FCW and try and give him more experience and then bring him back. If that works then we'll have another possible mid-carder.

Oh yeah, and re-kindle his feud with Justin Gabriel, that could go somewhere.

It wasn't roid rage that caused Benoit to kill his family, it was brain damage from the style he wrestled. the murders were apparently hours apart and required much though. You don't do that in a rage. If he had beaten both to death, then maybe it was rage. strangling your wife with a chord, placing a bible next to her, then going to a different part of the house and smothering your child with a pillow and placing a bible next to him. sending out text messages, then hanging yourself, all over the course of 2 days if I recall isn't rage, it's insanity.

I think your opinion of benoit hurting pro wrestling is true though, even if it wasn't because of roids.

I didn't say it was roid rage. Steroids cause many problems with people besides that of a quick temper. Yeah concussions did play a big part in it. The most likely cause for Benoits messed up brain is a combination of it all, including testosterone replacements. I admit I could have/should have been more specific, but I know it wasn't roid rage.

The rock and wrestling connection was overrated
Everybody who grew up in that era thinks it was the best time to be a wrestling fan bullshit with a few exceptions the world title scene consisted basically of Hulk Hogan challenging the latest super heavyweight monster heel that came into the WWF while anyone who actually posed a serious threat to him was either stuck in a tag team, a nowhere going feud, or went no further than the intercontinental championship. The wrestling was heavily watered down even more than it is today the whole cartoonish atmosphere it had back then did more to hurt pro wrestling than the attitude era ever did and finally if a smaller guy came into the WWF he was either a jobber, tag team wrestler, or went no further than upper lower mid card.

Oh boy, I'm sure these are going to be really unpopular.

Hulk Hogan improved WCW and his backstage politics didn't ruin WCW.Without Hulk Hogan making the transition from the World Wrestling Federation to World Championship Wrestling. WCW would of never even been close to being on the same level as the WWF. The pay off definitely came from the original new world order era with Hulk Hogan turning heel. But without his role in the NWO and returning in the end of WCW with his loyalty to WCW gimmick. WCW would of never surpassed WWF in the ratings nor would it kept a weekly time slot. Now his backstage opinions with creative writers many hated this and felt it was one sided. However when you look at WCW at each time Hulk Hogan made "the choices" to go over talent and keep the championship or not to do something. It was a good decision, I've read several articles over the years to come to this opinion. So I'm not really up for a debate about it however I will peacefully discuss it more in depth if need be.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage should of ended his career after exiting the NWO.
I don't think Macho Man should of ever returned to the WCW ring after being put out of the NWO. The last run he just wasn't as impressive as he could of been. Maybe it was lack of creative but I just think it should of ended with Hulk Hogan putting him out. I love Randy Savage's matches just as much as everyone else but the run with George wasn't needed he had a amazing career and I just felt he was out of place in WCW 2000. I also believe he should of never showed up in TNA/ releasing a CD but that is another opinion for another day.

Most independent workers are overrated and over hyped by the IWC.
( I'm not going to type anymore on this subject, the bold title says it all. )

The attitude era is WAAAAAAAAY over rated

Don't get me wrong, I've gone back and watched a lot of it, giving it a second chance, and I like it well enough. But I didn't like it at all the first time around. And the fanboyism towards AE makes me want to go postal. The attitude era is over! GTF over it and STFU about it! Jesus f**king Christ you fanboys are like little nerds. I get it Rock vs Austin was awesome. So what!? So was so much else that happened in the history of pro-wrestling, why don't you ever talk about that!?

And BTW, Austin still hasn't made Vince McMahon anywhere near the amount of money that Hulk Hogan has and is still doing. Just because his merchandise sales were higher for a year or two means dick. Hogan has been the biggest money maker for the WWE of all time and Austin doesn't touch that number. Austin petered out years ago, and Hogan is still raking in the dough.

CM Punk is average.

I agree with you on Triple H... the guy has never made anyone or looked good outside of feuding with the top guys. Everyone remember the abortion that was the the HHH/Koslov match a few years back?

Do you like Austin or don't you, I'm confused. Any way the whole Austin/Owen thing though.. did you know that Austin years prior to when Owen hurt Austin, that good old Stone Cold did the exact same thing to a japanese wrestler on one of the WCW/NJPW tours? Austin broke the poor guys neck (I can't remember who is it was but it was someone very high up the chain, possibly even Chono?!!?)

That's one of those fun wrestling facts that seems to get forgotten and the winners always like to write their own brand of history...

I agree with you on Triple H... the guy has never made anyone or looked good outside of feuding with the top guys. Everyone remember the abortion that was the the HHH/Koslov match a few years back?

Do you like Austin or don't you, I'm confused. Any way the whole Austin/Owen thing though.. did you know that Austin years prior to when Owen hurt Austin, that good old Stone Cold did the exact same thing to a japanese wrestler on one of the WCW/NJPW tours? Austin broke the poor guys neck (I can't remember who is it was but it was someone very high up the chain, possibly even Chono?!!?)

That's one of those fun wrestling facts that seems to get forgotten and the winners always like to write their own brand of history...

I never watched during about 2004-2010 only one or two episodes a year.

I love Steve Austin... I wasn't that big of a fan of Stone Cold... Kinda like the difference people make between Cena the gimmick and Cena the man.

Heh, it was pretty messed up any way you look at it. I just remember thinking in a messed up teen-aged pissant kind of way that Owen should have his neck broken for what he did to Austin, then he falls and I'm like... oh... damn, careful what you wish for I guess.

Any way the whole Austin/Owen thing though.. did you know that Austin years prior to when Owen hurt Austin, that good old Stone Cold did the exact same thing to a japanese wrestler on one of the WCW/NJPW tours? Austin broke the poor guys neck (I can't remember who is it was but it was someone very high up the chain, possibly even Chono?!!?)

It was Chono and Austin, the man that had the arse with Owen for the rest of Owens life because he didn't call to ask how Austin was an apologise...I believe Austins words during an interview were "hell, if I broke someone's neck I'd be calling them every day to say sorry and to check how they are."

Last time I checked (might've changed now) I don't believe he even once tried to contact Chono to apologise or see how he was.

So, on that logic, Kharma was a bitch to Austin too!

Unless you personally know Austin or Chono I highly doubt you know whether or not he contacted him.

One thing is for certain, after that match Austin was far more careful when it came to piledrivers he delivered and moves delivered on him. Most wrestlers in Japan adopt a much more brutal style then we see here in the States. Head drops were not uncommon. It is unfortunate that such a thing happened to Chono. However, it was definitely a blessing in disguise because he changed over to brawling gimmick that became very popular in the late 90's.

Chono himself in interviews confirmed he never heard from Austin in regards to what he did to his neck....and that Austin hardly said 2 words to him when they were on joint WCW/NJPW wrestling events so, I might not know them personally, but I'd take Chono's word (ironically he was never bitter about it either, saw it as a risk he signed up for by being a wrestler.)

"because of his choice to use roids he suffers the well known consequences, and murders his wife and child before killing himself. Sorry, but that's just a miserable excuse for a human being, and we as pro-wrestling fans should be thankful he didn't succeed in driving away all the sponsors and get Raw canceled from USA."

First of all, I don't believe Chris Benoit killed his family. The police just determined that's what happened, but they never fully proved what happened.

So, baseball players have used roids but have you heard of Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds killing their families. Aren't they miserable excuses for human beings or is it just Benoit because he supposedly killed his family?

You're entitled to your opinion, but Chris Benoit was a great wrestler, and as far as I'm concerned, he was good for the business.

Eddie Guerrero died of a drug overdose, but he's not listed as a miserable excuse for a human being... Mr. Perfect overdosed on cocaine... does he qualify? Both of these guys could have easily lost sponsors from the WWE because of what they were into. Pay attention to who you're calling a miserable excuse for a human being, and don't believe everything the media tells you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back