What's an unpopular opinion you hold?

Okay since we're being honest about our unpopular opinions here:

Rick Flair
He's passionate about the business and he's been committed to the business for decades. However......His matches sucked. He did the same thing over and over. And before you talk to me about him and Steamboat, no one can have a bad match with Steamboat. Flair strikes me as an arrogant, self righteous ass kissing piece of shit if I ever saw one. Will some one please tell him he has contributed enough, and he can go home now ?

Hulk Hogan
Arguably the greatest draw in wrestling history or among them. However...
I hated his work in his matches, he was almost as predictable in his matches as Flair was. The difference was Flair was a better worker. He is also a lousy addition to TNA and along with Bischoff have flushed TNa down the toilet.

Triple H
Passionate about the business, good worker and worked hard. However ...
His politicking got him a lot of success and any one who denies that is full of shit. He will never be as great a star in terms of relevance to WWE and wrestling as he and many of his fans seem to think he is. He's good in the ring, but predictable, he gets more tv time than he should (then and now), he's boring on the mike and he's a lousy creative consultant.

Sheamus, Orton
Sheamus has improved and has a following. Orton is good However....
They're not that great, not even that good on the mike or in the ring and they're a multiple time champions ? Gimme a break. If I see another Sheamus /Del RIo match, I'll throw up take the belt off him already. And no matter what name you give Orton, he's still just okay to good in the ring and boring as hell on the mike. Get some one else other than these two in the main event.

I don't think Brock Lesnar is all he's cracked out to be in his first run he was good I can't deny that and the bloke can wrestle, but since he's came back I didn't really like either of his matches, his first one with Cena to me felt as if you took the blood out of the match it wouldn't have seemed a great match at the time, and the HHH match at SSlam? I thought the match fell flat, I was just waiting for the tempo to rise but it never did.

Adding the fact he's barely on TV I just don't get the hype right now, he can't work the mic and although an Undertaker match at WM 29 would get people interested we all know there's no chance in hell he'd win no matter how good the build-up.

I can't believe it, I actually have more. Ah well ...

Evolution
A nice idea but if you've seen one faction, you've pretty much have seen them all.
Btw, it was boring as hell to keep seeing them not put over performers who were clearly over just they can hog more tv time for themselves.

Batista
He can't wrestle and can't talk to save his life, but has a body that your under the table pharmacist will prescribe for you at the right price (Vince's favourite)

Orton
He is a good third generation performer but overrated and can't talk

Rick Flair
He is over the hill and has no business in the ring at that point or now, was great on the mike good in the ring but definitey a routine predictable match was what he gave in his matches and he was not a great draw

and the leader is
Triple H
Good worker. Ridiculously overhyped, over promoted, boring on the mike, unworthy of the absurd nicknames he keeps getting. He was a decent draw but he worked with the people who drew better money and when they left he struggled to fill the hole they left.

CM Punk
He's good but he's not really as great as he's being made out to be. As far as his pipe bomb on Cena on Raw, let's be real, he's no rebel, Vince let him say that and he does what Vince says just like everybody else.

The Critics of the Rock
The fans who bash the Rock for leaving. I think those guys are idiots. You want the Rock to stay in wrestling when Hollywood offers him an opportunity to be a star and make more money for less effort ? Grow up. Rock left a business that feeds on its performers leaves them drug dependent, with broken bodies, broken families and a host of other problems that we don't know about. He was at the top, he probably could have still been with WWE, but if he did, the work would have been a lot worse for a lot less than what he has to do in Hollywood. Vince was the one who let Rock's contract expire and the Rock got himself a ticket to Hollywood. He did the smartest thing leaving wrestling when he did.

I understand the important of Hulk Hogan to the industry, but I have never found him entertaining. His old tapes are part of the reason I could never get into wrestling young, and waited years to give it another shot, until Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels controlled the business; the rise of Austin, talents moving to WCW, etc. The classic "Hogan promo" struck me as annoying; I could barely make it through even the most iconic of his matches. It's not even the time period I hated. I loved Randy Savage and Steamboat. Even Ted DiBiase's over-the-top antics were enjoyable. Hell,I LOVED THE UNDERTAKER. It was just Hogan I didn't like...

Ok so I guess one seemingly unpopular opinion I have is that I cannot stand Ryback, nor could I stand him as Skip Sheffield. I have seen way too many of these types of people in pro-wrestling, muscled up, dominent but where does it really go? People like Lesnar and Goldberg were able to pull it off a bit more due to their amature wrestling and football careers respectively. What does Ryback have except some crooked teeth and huge muscles? Beating Miz as he did makes no sense to me (although im with holding too much judgement till I see where the storyline might go), and the marching around the ring thing reminds me of the super mario super show. Im just not really into Ryback at all.

I don't think Brock Lesnar is all he's cracked out to be in his first run he was good I can't deny that and the bloke can wrestle, but since he's came back I didn't really like either of his matches, his first one with Cena to me felt as if you took the blood out of the match it wouldn't have seemed a great match at the time, and the HHH match at SSlam? I thought the match fell flat, I was just waiting for the tempo to rise but it never did.

Adding the fact he's barely on TV I just don't get the hype right now, he can't work the mic and although an Undertaker match at WM 29 would get people interested we all know there's no chance in hell he'd win no matter how good the build-up.

I've got the same feelings about Brock Lesnar, great when he first burst into WWE, but why vince saw fit to give him that big fuck off paycheck this year to do fuck all is beyond me, the same goes for The Rock too.

One of my many gripes is Vickie Guererro
When Eddie was alive I could understand why he kept her off TV, apart from the odd family promo videos like Rey Mysterio did.

Yeah, dont get me wrong she's a monster heat draw & she pull's it off well, but the woman does fuck all but scream & cackle like a witch, provides the odd embarrasing moment then the whole annoying screaming starts again.

And being a *cough, splut* so-called "manager", she couldn't manage herself out of a paper bag, and if Dolph does indeed need a manager, there are plenty of managers out-there to choose from, but Vickie PLEASE!!!!

Then she was a so-called "Pro" on NXT, again PLEASE!!!!! apart from when Eddie would come home and the "Hi honey, how was your day" kind of statement then Eddie would wind his day down, that all she knows about wrestling.

I know shes needs to provide for her family, and as a working dad & husband I can respect that, but WWE needs to gid rid of Vickie, its not likes she's a big merch seller or somat.....

Just sayin'

Batista - Look at me, I'm very big and can pretend that I have a machine gun.
Never understood the fascination, or how they filled a DVD about him

I still love Chris Beniot. Still one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Don't care what happened on his final weekend.

The only saving grace about Randy Orton now is he knows how to have a great wrestling match.

I can't remember the last decent Summerslam,

Taunt moves. I mean like The Peoples Elbow, 5 Knuckle Shuffle. The Worm was the absolute worst. Why doesn't the guy just get up?. I'm praying that one day, Cena will be in the middle of his 5 Knuckle Shuffle (still can't believe they haven't PG'd that name yet) and as he's coming back from the ropes, the guy in the middle just gets up, and Cena does the move anyway and punches the floor. :) I know why they are used. I just find that I can't suspend my disbelief that much.

The rules should be adhered to - I don't like the fact that rules just get changed depending on the situation. I want my fake sport to make sense dammit!!!

Hogan ducking Bret in 93:
For me there's no other explanation as to why they didn't hook up on Hogan's way out.

Rock and Mankind exchanging world titles:
I really wish the WWE made a bigger attempt to make Rock seem like a legit champ in late 9/early 99. He was trading the title with Mankind during this time and I believe it made him appear weaker during his WM XV match with Austin.

In general I have a big problem with Rock's title reigns. Outside of his one long title reign (about 4-5 months where he lost it to Angle) all his reigns were no longer than 2 months.

I loved both HBK/Taker matches and really enjoyed the 2 previous Taker/HHH matches, but the "End of an Era" match just didn't do it for me. The whole "end it Shawn or I will" just came across as hokey to me. Solid match, but I just don't think as much of it as most others seem to.

Couldn't agree more. A decent match, but no where near the previous years match between the two which I would put ahead of Taker/Shawn II. For as brutal as the match was billed it realy fell flat. Besides the spinebuster on the steps and the SCM/Pedigree spot the rest of the match was average.

Also wish they would have been more creative and come up with a better ending to the match. It was Taker/Shawn II all over again.

I love telling people this... I think Rob Van Dam is, hands down, the most overrated and talentless spot-monkey that the industry as ever known.

Granted, I know ECW was a company with a cult-like following; most of whom thought RVD was the greatest thing since sliced bread. But this guy got popular from utilizing the hardcore style that ECW portrayed. I will take nothing away from his toughness, flexibility, and a few noted matches that he's had in the past but it takes a lot more than that to truly be a great "wrestling superstar." He has little to no mic-skills and the peak of his charisma is pointing to himself. So besides being a better-than-average in-ring competitor, RVD is shit.

Oh, and please don't put up the argument about the promo he cut during the WWE's first "One Night Stand" PPV... everyone can cut ONE good promo. But his consistency was horrific.

why wasnt jay lethal pushed more in tna and had to drop the macho man gimmick because that was amazing if he came to wwe you would have him as his same gimmick he can wrestle speak well and oozes machismo oooo yeah and push him forreal you would have cena as hogan punk as piper sheamus as ultimate warrior jay lethal as macho man and big show as andre and he is markeatble

I love telling people this... I think Rob Van Dam is, hands down, the most overrated and talentless spot-monkey that the industry as ever known.

Granted, I know ECW was a company with a cult-like following; most of whom thought RVD was the greatest thing since sliced bread. But this guy got popular from utilizing the hardcore style that ECW portrayed. I will take nothing away from his toughness, flexibility, and a few noted matches that he's had in the past but it takes a lot more than that to truly be a great "wrestling superstar." He has little to no mic-skills and the peak of his charisma is pointing to himself. So besides being a better-than-average in-ring competitor, RVD is shit.

Oh, and please don't put up the argument about the promo he cut during the WWE's first "One Night Stand" PPV... everyone can cut ONE good promo. But his consistency was horrific.

I did like RVD in his "Earlier" days, but since he's been in TNA he has been mostly shite, he has had 1 or 2 decent matches whilst in TNA, but Im hoping he will never end up back in the WWE.

And this "Whole F'n Show" crap he spews out, he's too far up his own arse and thinks he's better than everyone else, that kind of person I cant abide.

1. Okay, to me Randy Orton has been boring has hell since 2008. People say he's been boring since he turned face in late 2010 (or whenever he did.) The slow walking, the blank stares, the sleepy monotone promos about nothing...what was is it so much about Orton? Because he was heel? The anti-Cena?
The face Orton has been no different to me, same old, same moves, same faces, same promo delivery. Was he just more entertaining before because he did bad things to people? The whole Viper/Legacy era was the worst era of wrestling I've seen since I started watching in '95. Dibiase and Rhodes were basically Orton clones with no personality. Every episode of Raw was constantly centered around this group the whole 2 hours when all they did was end up getting beat up by Triple H/Cena/Batista every week. Viper Orton didn't make me mad...just bored the hell outta me.

2. Like others said, Miz sucks. I remember he used to get beat up every week like a jobber and next thing you know out of nowhere he got the nerve to come out and call John Cena out for no reason, then he became a "big deal" all of the sudden. All talk, the guy isn't legitamately threatening, he's like your stupid little 6 year old brother who hangs next to you crying and complaining about how he wants everything.

Oh and I thought the whole Rock/Brock returns would make this a greater, more memorable year but both of those guys barely show up or do anything that adds to the show, so I'm just starting not to care anymore. It would be great to have 2 other guys that can share the top spotlight up there with Cena but I guess it won't happen (cause Punk and Orton just ain't doing it.)

The guy I am going to say I can't stand and I'm probably going to get a lot of heat for this but it's John Cena. Can't stand him. Guy is overated. He has very few moves, he does very lousy and boring promos, he never gets me to want to buy the ppv when he is in the mainevent, and he doesn't know how to sell well. Imo he doesn't belong in the Main event picture, wwe made the mistake of giving him the wwe title back in 2005. John Cena is a selfish, greedy, egotistical son of a gun. He should be willing to put over younger talent but nope. He did it once with nexus, but ended up beating the crap out of em.

I'm sure this is gonna get me hated but personally I think JBL's time spent as a WWE champion and his entire reign was a disgrace to the belt, especially when I consider what was possible at the time. You are telling me with a roster consisting of...

Shawn Michaels
Eddie
Beniot
Jericho
Angle
Undertaker
CHRISTIAN(who was hot as hell at the time)
etc etc

the title was on JBL a guy who broke up from a tag team one week and won his first WWE title in all of about a week, ok exaggerating but you get my point. Yeah he was ok on the mic, but his in ring skill made me want to vomit, and then swallow it just to vomit again. I couldn't stand to watch his matches and any time I saw him in the ring I would immediately turn my TV off.

Not only that but you let him dominate a roster for damn near a year just to feed him to John Cena at the biggest PPV of the year in all of what 8 minutes? Really? Just...uh I hated everything about the time this man spent at the top and was glad to see him go.

I also think Batista was an overrated talentless hack who had zero passion for the business and didn't deserve the spot he got.

I think the IWC has absolutely no idea what they like or want for that matter. Far too many times it happens. The IWC will get behind a star, such as the current guy Dean Ambrose. They will continue to beg and plead and whine about how said star isn't getting the right push, is getting fed to Cena, or some stupid shit like that. And then, as soon as he wins the WWE Championship and everything turns to a positive future, they turn on him instantly. Since 08 it's happened to EVERYBODY who's faced Cena.

Orton, HHH, Edge, Batista, Miz, Punk, Sheamus, and even Del Rio. The IWC has absolutely no clue what they want. They pander on about wanting a strong tag division... WWE makes a giant leap to put tag teams in a prominent limelight and all you hear is "WWE just throws Make shift teams together" or "WWE just killed the division by putting it on two rivals". Seriously people in the IWC need to pick something and stick with it and stop whining about everything.

Whenever I hear "Fantasy booking" from the so called smarts - it's often short sighted foolishness. It actually makes me cringe to read some of the stupid stuff I come across.

The lack of effective heels is hurting WWE's ability to make new mega-stars.

I feel this doesn't get as much attention as it should. Considering WWE continues to use the good vs evil format, you need wrestlers the fans genuinely hate in order to get that pay-off for the baby-face. It seems the current heels are more annoying then anything else. There isn't any heel right now that can get the crowd to hate him/her. It's hard for fans to emotionally invest in a wrestler if they don't really care that they beat up a certain heel.

But, I am not quick to blame the talent on this one. There is only so much a heel can do in the PG era. There is pretty much no pushing the boundaries anymore either.

First off the Attitude era was a joke sure it had some positives but it had plenty of negatives as well such as many wrestlers getting hooked on painkillers resulting in the untimely death of allot of wrestlers wrestlers forced into early retirement due to injuries as a result of the over use of hardcore wrestling plus the raunchy storylines and glorifying pimps pot smoking and gang factions gave the casual wrestling fan the stigmata of pro wrestling being sleazy a stigmata that still exists today. Aces and Eights is about the dumbest idea since the Dungeon Of Doom I mean come on the name itself sounds like a title of a Mack Bolan book thought TNA was suppose to be more wrestling oriented but yet I'm seeing shit like this that you would've seen in late 90s WWF/WCW circa sheesh.

Great thread idea. :) I am going to pour my heart out.

-- Undertaker is THE most overrated superstar of all time. I am struggling to remember any of his matches other than his match with HBK in WM26 and HIAC match with Mankind.

-- Really don't understand why many people appreciate a wrestler on the basis of number of moves he can do. I used to see ocean of post last year on this site telling how great Ric Flair, Taker, Jericho, etc are because they can do a lot of moves.

-- HBK sucks on the mike. His voice sounds like either a torn up drum or as if he is about to cry. Bret Hart is not far from this.

-- CM Punk pipe bomb wasn't that explosive. Cena's promo next week with Vince was more explosive than that.

-- I have never taken Kane seriously in last 5 years.

-- In recent promo on RAW when Cena interrupted Heyman with his entrance music, Heyman was just about to explain something to Cena, when Cena said nonchalantly 'Shutup Paul', Heyman immediately zipped his lips. I thought this was the MOMENT OF THE MONTH.

I can't stand John Cena's Gimmick... Because of that and other bland characters like Batista I stopped watching wrestling all together for six years. I just now started watching it again on Netflix. lol

Michael Cole is one of the best announcers in professional wrestling. I don't mean currently, I mean historically. The only announcers I'd say were better at what they do than Cole would be Jim Ross and Gordon Solie.

For me it's Ziggler, one of the most overrated guys of the last 10 years in my eyes. But my main reason for dislike is his "safety".

Ziggler knows how to ragdoll, I give him that... but I have seen him quite a few times be a danger to himself and ultimately others... On another thread I debated with someone about the Barrett injury being down to Dolph... and I still feel it was... as Dolph was twisting his body when he hit, not going for the "basic" spot. But even with the benefit of the doubt, the night before he was doing stupidly unsafe spots against Sin Cara and himself on the Elimination Chamber. Here is a guy who COULD be amazing and the future. But he seems to gloss over his failings (mic skills are nowhere near) by taking silly bumps and risks that are dangerous. Mick Foley, the Hardyz did that, the Dudleys did that but they also had at least some element of creativity about it and the benefit of it not being seen before. When Dolph does yet another oversell to a move, we've seen it, it didn't work when HBK did it to Hogan and even he had the sense not to do it every move...

Selling is an artform, perhaps Ziggler is better at it than most, but overselling is a line he crosses way to often...and he is running out of time to iron it out before he gets "his push".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back